We'll Kiss Again

By luvitgirl

Ashley doesn't expect to ever meet the sweet, shy, boy who lived on her street ever again after he moves. So... More

We'll Kiss Again
Tripped (Chapter 2)
Here's my number (Chapter 3)
This is ridiculous, really... (Chapter 4)
Kidnapped (Chapter 5)
Peanut butter and Jelly (Chapter 6)
Peanut butter and Jelly [this is a new chapter] (Chapter 7)
A change brings attention (Chapter 8)
Whatever I Want (Chapter 9)
He came to my house (Chapter 11)
Bikini straps...oh my... (Chapter 12)
Mother has plans (Chapter 13)
Gone (Chapter 14)
My friend can kiss (Chapter 15)
Daddy's back (Chapter 16)
Single (Chapter 17)
I almost kill the new guy (Chapter 18)
Love at first sight (Chapter 19)
Catch Me If You Can (Chapter 20)
Fight for Me (Chapter 21)
He's a WHAT?!? (Chapter 22)
Date with...Asher? (Chapter 23)
WONDERFUL NOTE :)
Detention (Chapter 24)
Goodbye (Chapter 25)
Halloween Dance (Chapter 26)
Saving Emma (Chapter 27)
Hospital (Chapter 28)
Court date and awake (Chapter 29)
Finale: Party (Chapter 30)

Fuzzy (Chapter 10)

13K 430 60
By luvitgirl

I almost forgot to upload this! Ahhhhh! This is so tiring :p I've already uploaded two stories this weekend! Vote please so I have the courage to upload this story more!!! Comment? Thanks to all of my fans who read this story, vote, and comment, because without all of you. This story would not exist.

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhh....what to wear, what to wear.

What do you wear when the guy who wants to be friends with you to get into your pants asks you to go on a fake date with him to impress his parents? And what if that guy is the popular jock at school and your the nerd?

I decided on a dress to impress outfit. I dug through my pile of new clothes I bought and found a black dress that cut off just above my knees and had thin spaghetti straps. The neckline was sweetheart, dipping in the center of my chest. I put on some diamond teardrop earings with a single black flat shoe. My right foot was clad in a lime green cast. I scowled at my foot for a moment, thinking of a certain someone. Checking my jewelry, I made sure my diamond 'A' necklace was visible. I curled my blond hair and put it half up half down. I decided on minimal makeup, only putting on mascara and eyeliner. No lipglosss or chapstick. Glancing in the mirror, I surveyed myself. I didn't look half bad.

The bell rang and I looked at the time. Six thirty. I smirked. He actually showed up on time.

I hurried down the stairs and opened the door to see him waiting in a white dress shirt and black pants, a blue tie matching his gorgeous blue eyes. His chocolate brown hair was gelled in a messy bed head way and he was smirking. Wonderful.

Luckily my mom and dad were on their own date so they didn't take pictures and tell Asher embarassing baby stories when he arrived.

He handed me some purple lilies on the way to the car and scratched the back of his head nervously. "I...errr....I got these for you."

I smiled at his surprising thoughtfulness. "Thanks."

When we were walking towards the car he held the door to his mercedes open to me and I stepped inside. He closed the door and stepped into the driver's seat.

He started the engine and just as we were backing out I heard Mrs. Strutz call, "Sneaking out again? That's okay hun, I'm here for you. Your secrets safe with me." She winked.

I shuddered. Asher laughed and backed out of the driveway chuckling. "I like your neighbor."

I muttered under my breath. He grinned at my annoyance.

"You look nice," he complimented.

I rolled my eyes. Was he really going to keep this up? How did I get into this bizzare situation? "Thanks, you too."

I bet he didn't do this with his other toys. He was probably scared I'd tell his mom we weren't really dating and wanted to be nice to me so I wouldn't give away his secret. He most likely has never met a girl who's turned him down.

When we pulled up in front of his house, I resisted gawking at their home with my jaw wide open. Last time I came here I'd been preoccupied with being furious with Asher so I hadn't realized their home was a mansion.

It looked like it was entirely marble, although it was probably stone and brick. There was a huge circular drive and a giant fountain spurting out water in the center. All different types of flowers o multiple colors lined the drive and the landscaping was beautiful. How I missed this before, I had no idea. He was loaded.

As we got out of the car a man opened my door and helped me out of the car.

I sent him a polite smile. "Thank you."

He gave me a small one back and got into Asher's car, driving it to what I supposed was the valet out back. I muttered under my breath towards my date.

"Remind me again why your parents needed you to bring a date to this dinner."

"Actually, my mom is the only one who's going to be at this dinner. My dad is working," he clarified.

I frowned. "Whose coming then? Didn't you say something about your family friend? Why would you need a date if your family friend is coming over?"

He looked amused. "My dad's friend is coming and my mom is going to convince him to move here. Our families are really close. They have a daughter our age and when I moved to their town in first grade we had play dates and stuff. This year we moved back here to where I grew up until kindergarten and her family stayed back. I think my dad and mom are convincing them this town is better than the last."

I scrunched my eyebrows, deep in thought. "Why do you need a date then?"

He sighed. "Their daughter, Emma, might come. I think my mom has this crazy fantasy in her head that Emma and I will get together and live happily ever after."

I raised my eyebrows. "And you don't like her?"

He shook his head no. "I do like her, but not in that way. She's just a friend. If I don't have a date and she shows up who knows what my mom will do."

I snorted.

He frowned. "What?" He asked.

I shook my head, laughing. "I can't believe there is a single girl in this world who's pants you don't want to get into."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not that big of a player."

I laughed lightly. "Trust me, you are."

For some reason my statement seemed to bug him. We stopped in front of the mansion's large doors and he asked me a question.

"Do you seriously think I'm a big player type of guy?"

I answered honestly. "Of course I do. This is the fourth week of school and I've already heard you got into Stephanie's, Sara's, Hannah's, and Lucy's pants. Not only that, but you've used them for a day and then dumped them the next day, breaking their hearts. It's like our blowing your nose, using a kleenex and then dropping it into the garbage. What kind of person does that without a second thought? Obviously you've been doing that for a while. You don't even realize these girls like you. They care about you and you just crush them. Your pathetic."

He was frowning. "Then why are you here?"

I shrugged. "You promised me you'd give me whatever I wanted. I figured I'd help you and benefit. Besides, I'm pretty sure if I'd have said no you would have forced me to come. And I do not need another broken foot." I glanced at the neon green cast on my leg. Kara's name peeked out at me from along my toes. The rest of the cast was blank.

He looked at me seriously. "Do you think I can change?"

I snorted. "No. No way."

He gave me a flat look. "I'm serious. I didn't realize that I was hurting girls. I was just having fun."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Yeah, well those girl weren't."

"No wonder nerds are smart."

"Oh shut up."

He smirked. "Will you help me?" He inquired.

I raised my eyebrows. "You're serious? You want to stop messing with girls?"

He nodded his head.

Was he serious right now? Did he honestly think he'd be able to change and give up going after girls? It was admirable to think about, yet slightly disgusting. Not only that, but it was hard to believe. Get real, this was a handsome guy, trying to break free of his sexual habits. Gross. Was it really likely he'd give up his old ways? I decided to go along with him. It wouldn't hurt anyone if he did change. "Fine. But if you're lying...just know that you'll be punished. One day those girls will come after you and you'll be sorry."

"Fine," he agreed.

He pushed open the doors and we stepped inside. My shoe and cast floped and smacked against the marble, creating embarassing noises, but i pretended not to notice. Then I walked across the floor, Asher's hand in mine.

I grumbled under my breath, "If you think that you can get away with touching me all night, you're wrong. First lesson in not playing with girls: go slow. Don't rush a relationship."

He smirked. "That's stupid. Let's skip that."

I smacked his arm. "No, you idiot. There's no skipping. You asked for my help and now you're going to get it."

He murmured, "What have I gotten myself into..." I think he thought I couldn't hear him.

As we reached the dining room he pulled out my chair and we sat down at the golden circular table. Candlestick flames flickered in the romantically dim lit room and shiny china plates rested on the tablecloth. The cloth napkins were fancy, like the ones you'd see at a restaurant. They were twisted so that they looked like crowns.

Soon his mother arrived. She was dressed elegantly, her curly light brown hair piled high on her head. Her light green eyes were dim but brought out by her stunning brown and golden eyeshadow. She pressed her sherry red lips together, swallowing distaste. She carried a false smile on her face, clearly irritated to see me. Dressed in an A line, knee length cocktail red dress with a golden chained belt, she arrived in style. I sensed arrogance surrounding her.

"Welcome, welcome. Its a pleasure to meet you...." She dragged off.

I rose and shook her hand. It felt like I was applying for a job. "Ashley. Ashley Nicholson."

"Ahhhh, yes Ashley. My name is Andrea. My son Asher told me wonderful things about you."

I nearly snorted. Yeah right. I had some wonderful things to say about him. Not.

I tried not to sound sarcastic. "I'm sure he did. Your son is a wonderful person." I didn't think it worked, because some annoyance seeped into Andrea's face.

Asher started coughing violently. I resisted laughing. This was going to be really hard.

His mother smiled proudly at me and took a seat. "The chef's are making our meal today, I hope you enjoy steak."

I had to stop myself from gagging. "I'm sorry. I'm a vegetarian."

Her eyes widened. "Oh dear, I'm very sorry. I didn't realize we had a twig eating with us. Look at you, skinny little thing. I'll make sure Chef Bobby has an alternate meal planned for you." She stood up and left me.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head, stunned. How rude could you be? Asher looked at the table cloth uncomfortably. "Sorry about my mom. She's uh....insensitive."

I chuckled darkly. "Thanks for the head's up."

As it turned out, neither Emma nor her father or mother showed up. They called 15 minutes after I arrived and said their flight was cancled because of thunderstorms. Asher's mom decided she had some 'unfinished work to do' and was 'very sorry about her having to leave and the other guests not arriving.'

I finished my pasta and Asher ate his steak and we went back to his car.

He started, "About my mom...''

I interjected. "It's fine."

He breathed a sigh of relief. "She can be," he struggled for a better word, "...tough."

"I bet. You'll be fine. Thanks for asking me though. No offense, but why did you decide to not be a player out of the blue? You asked at the randomest time."

I was pretty sure he was blushing, but it was nightime and even though I was next to him it was hard to tell for sure.

He mumbled something inaudible and I spared him from repeating whatever he'd said. As appealing as it sounded, I didn't want to overly embarass him and make him change his mind.

He changed the topic. "I'll pick you up tommorrow for school."

I searched his face for any sign of lying. I didn't see anything. I hesitated at first but then, " 'Kay. See you then."

We reached my house and I clicked my seat belt button so that it opened and then pulled my passenger door open. I turned one last time to see Asher, but he was gone. I quickly hurried up the steps to my house and stepped inside.

Why did I feel so...fuzzy inside?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long chapter and the story is starting to pick up so yeah! Vote!!!! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!! I worked hard to make a nice chapter that would fit in with my plot and it would be really encouraging if you voted alot for this chapter. If I got at least 10 votes, I'd be ecstatic. Its not a goal....it just would be nice ;) Thanks everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11 0 25
Emma's attempt to have a normal teen life moving forward proves to be difficult with the life changing family secret hanging over her head. She once...
4.3K 132 37
Last year, Emma Richardson had it all. The perfect family, friends, popularity, looks, and even the perfect boyfriend...or so she thought. In just on...
2M 71.5K 30
"Emma, you're playing with fire" he whispered against my ear and the warm breath tickled my earlobe, sending electricity down my spine. "What if I li...
17K 2.2K 43
Ruby just started at her new school and trips into a complicated life, involving her best friend's boyfriend, Matthew. And God, did she try to keep a...