Redemption• E. Killmonger

By _Simba__

He was standing so close i could feel his body heat through my thin dress his cologne clouded my mind and my... More

Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 part 1
Chapter 26 part 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter: brief mission
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
REDEMPTION INTERLUDE
Cut scenes from redemption
Redmption: 37
Redemption 38
Redemption 39 part 1
Redemption 39 part 2
Redemption 40
Redemption 41
Redemption 42
Redemption 43
Redemption 44
Redemption 45
Redemption 46
Redemption 47 : Part 1
Redemption 47 part 2
Redemption 48
Redemption 49
Redmption 49 part 1
Chapter 50
Epilogue...and part 2

Chapter 9

23.3K 850 544
By _Simba__

§
Chapter 9
Yellow mnms
§

October 8th 2015 (ive been trying to add the dates but just incase i forget remember the year is 2015)

"I cant believe you did that" i laugh at aaron as we sit across from each other. He took me to a place called cracker barel that was further out from campus so we could have peace and quiet. He had been telling me stories of his childhood and crazy things he did while growing up with his brother.

Drowning my pancakes in syrup i watch as he makes a face of disgust before quickly covering up.

"What...do you not like syrup?" I question cutting them up in a bunch of small squares before taking the first bite. Slowly chewing my food i watch as aaron shoves 2 sausage pattys in his mouth and half of a pancake at once and very noisily might i add. Did all american guys eat like that? I mean erik didnt he put a bunch of food in one side of his mouth but i never heard him chew now did he chew with his mouth open.

"So whats up with you, i heard about your building" he says with food in his mouth and i become slightly disgusted and put my fork down losing my appetite.

"Yeaaah..um right some pothead burned down the dorms im all good though. It just threw me off schedule and im just now getting caught back up with homework and stuff." I admit playing with my fingers. I didnt even know that he knew and why was he just asking if it happened so many days ago, he had my number.

"You say that like you had doubt? A beautiful and smart girl like yourself should have no problem catching up with things." He says with a smile and wink that make my heart speeds up and i smile glad he couldnt see my blush. We continue with small talk as we eat and occasionaly he flirts and sends me flirtatious looks.

Skipping down the hall i unlock the door doing a twirl inside and Plopping down on the couch across from erik i grin at him until he notices im stairing at him. He glances up from his laptop and gives me a nod before going back to typing.

"Im guessing your date was boring" he says monotonously and i throw my receipt from the resturaunt at his head. He uncrumbles it and shakes his head throwing it next to him. "What kind of guy takes a girl on a date and then makes her pay?" He scoffs and i glare at him. Here he comes with his negativity.

"First of all i payed cause i wanted to not cause he couldnt and why do you think my date was boring?" I ask pulling my phone out of my purse to text amara about my date.

"First of all" he says mocking me and i scowl because im sure he knows by now i hate being mocked. "He didnt take you back to his crib or try to hang out longer and he didnt try anything on you...you sure this kid really even likes you?" He ask not looking up from his screen and i scoff.

"Not every date ends like that besides it was just a first and duh if he didnt he wouldnt have taken me out. Honestly you sound like such a hater just admit you hate him for whatever reason and leave me out of it with your whole "aaron isnt good enough for you" mess." I tell him with an eye roll.

"Its cause he isnt what can that white boy possibly know about dating someone like you" he  mutters shaking his head. And here we go, it was so easy for a argument to start between us it came from the simplest things.

I roll me eyes know where this conversation was going. "Him being white has nothing to do with it. Youre such a hater"

"Me? Hating? Dont make me laugh trust and believe i have taste in people i date i like my women with personality, book and street smart and black everything your little boyfriend is not. But im not about to argue with you we gotta go to visit the kids and id rather not go with a headache" he shrugs closing his laptop and walking away.

On our way there we passed by alot of washingtons most popular spots such as movies, malls and museums but the museum was what caught my attention, there was a sign that excited the nerd and black girl in me.

'African american display coming soon'

I pulled my phone out and take a picture of the sign before the light turns green and were driving off again. "I didnt know you like museums" erik says keeping his attention on the road and i nod excitedly.

When we get to the house im excited to see amara is already there and run over to hug her. "Aye mami i heard about you and erik" she giggles making me roll my eyes. I wish she would drop it theres nothing between me and him.

"Nothings happening between me and him we just live together temporarily...but you and luca? Since when?" I ask knowing she'd been crushing on him for the longest and he barely payed her any attention unless if it was something for a class they shared, i honestly thought it was because he was gay.

"He was there when everything happened with our apartment and invited me to stay since his room mate dropped out. Hes actually extremely nice and smarter then we thought come to find out he's somewhat shy when it comes to girls so he acts uninterested because he's lowkey awkward but hes so smoothe actually" she rambles and i cant help but smirk when i notice luca standing right behind her with a sly grin.

"You think im cute?" He ask throwing his arm over her shoulder and she sends him a playful glare. They were actually really adoreable.

"Ehh kinda not as cute as me" she teases and he chuckles kissing her cheek before going over to his group in the living room. He was teaching them how to relax by painting out their feelings while r&b played softly in the backround through the speakers he brought. The boys were outside playing football with another volunteer while kendall and erik were nowhere to be found.

Amara and i sit on either ends of the couch begining to braids the girls hair while we gossip about the boys in spanish so the girls dont know what we're talking about.

"So i had a date with aaron this morning" i tell her in spanish as i part, katianna, one of the older girls hair side ways. She wanted sideways braids claiming she was going to start a new trend.

"Ooh thats exciting...why do you not sound as excited?tell me what happened" she replies in her native tounge as she combs out a younger boys hair before she cant start to do his braids. His hair was extremely curly and thick and by the snap that was just heard im sure his hair broke the comb.

Sighing i give her a look. "My new roommate." Of course i couldnt say eriks name because then they would know who we were talking about. "The date was great...atleast i thought it was until i got home and he just basically got in my head telling me if he was really interested in me he wouldve invited me over to his house or even just try to hang out longer which after he said that it made sense when i thought about it and then he was like so he didnt try to kiss you and he let you pay for your food you sure this kid even likes you and now that im thinking about it..." i trail off kind of upset all over again. At first i payed what erik said no mind but he always use to have girls around him so im pretty sure he knows how he treats someone when hes really interested, so it made sense.

"Dont forget all guys arent like that like luca he still hasnt kissed me on the lips yet." She shrugs and i begin to think about what she says. Aaron obviously want like most guys and neither was erik so to compare their dating styles wouldnt even make sense. I nod in agreeance and we sit in silence as we finish braiding and styling kids hair helping them with homework and listening to them talk about school. The energy we had almost felt like a real hair salon.

I hear the front door open and watch as kendall walks in with a deflated ball followed by erik and they both have blank looks on their faces. Kendall looks through out the room until his eyes land on me and he sends me a nod and i smile at him. He still wasnt fully open to talking to people but he did acknowledge my presence. 

Right before it was time to leave i felt someone grab my wrist and i looked down seeing it was kendall. "Hey kiddo whats up?" I ask and he reaches in his pocket shuffling awkwardly as he holds out a piece of paper without making eye contact. Taking it from his hands i see that its a permission slip that required twp signatures.

'To the parents of kendall moore'

I frown at that part did they not know his parents were gone or did they not care?

'I regret to inform you that your child kendall moore was in a fight today, injuring another student who had to be sent home early due to a bloody nose. Unfortunately we have a class trip tomorrow to the smithsonian museum which kendall will not be able to attend without two parent signatures.

Sincerely, Ms.davis'

She knew. There was no way his teacher didnt know his parents were dead. She was sick in the head to torture him by saying he needed parent signatures knowing he just lost his dad not even 3 weeks ago.

"Kendall..."i trail off and he looks up at me with anger in his eyes and quickly balls his fist up.

"No! Theyre all against me the teachers and the students theyve been picking on me, i promise. She know i dont have...shes doing it on purpose and he deserved to get punched in the nose i shouldve punched him harder" he growls his chest rising quickly due to him breathing heavy while clenching his teeth.

"Kendall" i try again with a softer voice this time but that seems to make him angrier as he snatches the paper from my hand and begins to storm off but i grab him by the back of his hoodie and pull him to face me. He stares at the floor avoiding eye contact.

"Kendall" i say with a stern voice making him finally look up at me after a few seconds. "Show me your hands" i demand and he goes to retaliate until he sees the stern look on my face. Holding out his hands palms facing he he looks away again not making eye contact until i take his hands, flip them over showing me his knuckles and he flinches a little bit. He has a bruise on the his right knuckles and a tiny scratch on the side of his hand.

"Why didnt you tell me...or erik?" I ask him and he shrugs pushing his hands in his pocket leaning against the wall. He looked irritated and slightly upset...but not with me but himself. I move away from him and walk to the bathroom getting the first aid kit. When i return to kendall in the hall hes sitting on the floor with his head in his hands. I sit infront of him and gently take his hands from infront of him.

"So what did they do to you?" I ask pouring alcohol on a cotton swab being extra careful not to spill it since the hall was dimly lit. He gave me a questioning look. "Youre really quiet you stay to yourself and dont interact with anybody so obviously they did something to you" i tell him dabbing at the cut on the side making him hiss. For the entire time he doesnt say anything just watches as i clean his hand. If he didnt want to tell me i wasnt going to force him.

"They were talking about dads and how cool their dads were. But my dad was cooler i told them about how he worked with cars and motorcycles and when he had to go on buisness trips in other states he'd always send me cool stuff and when he came back he'd pick me up in a new ride." I smiled this was the most kendall ever talked to anyone and the first time he talked about his dad.

"Then this guy jason called me a liar and a whole bunch of other stuff, i didnt care because hes a punk anyway. I didnt care until he said i made all that stuff up because my dad was dead...and deserved it. So i broke his nose and banged his head on the ground a few times" he finally admitted and i sighed. He had every right to do that i probably wouldve done the same thing of course i couldnt tell him that but what could i say? Pulling the paper out i sign it and eriks signature on the paper doesnt go unnoticed. He probably just signed it not even knowing what it was for.

"Have fun on your trip tomorrow" i tell him putting the paper in his hand along with 15 dollars.

"Im not a charity case keep the money" he scoffs "and just cause i told you what happened doesnt mean we're friends now" he adds and i cant help the smile, he was such a tough kid.

"I know you arent a charity case but youre a kid whos going to get hungry tomorrow" i tell him putting the money back in his hand and he nods before going up stairs to his room. I clean up the mess on the floor and stand up only to bump into erik.

"How do you always know what to say?" He ask me with his arms crossed over his chest and i shrug putting the first aid kit back and returning to the hall he was in.

"It comes natural" i shrug again as we walk out the house amara and luca long gone. We walk i  silence to his car and i cant help the smile knowing i made progress with kendall.

"By the way amara said to tell you on saturday were going to some underground carribean club" he tells me starting his car and pulling a bag of peanut mnms out the glove compartment. You never really know a person until you live with them and erik had a major sweet tooth it was a wonder he didnt have any cavities.

"Well then we have to go to the mall cause i need a outfit" i demand but hes not paying me any attention as he rolls down the window and throws the yellow and orange ones out the window. "Erik! What are you doing?!" I yell at him and he answers so simply as if its common sense.

"Those are the nasty flavors"

Sorry i took so long to update as some of you know i literally changed this chapter like 4 times because it was trash, they were extremely out of character and just sooo boring this chapter still kinda trash but i just wanted to post something, for the inconvenice heres something funny i saw on tumblr😂

Erik:

Us:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 53 16
"If you keep doing that, I'm going to have to kiss you," I mumble. She released her lip immediately. "What do I have to do to get you to understand...
1.5K 64 30
He took a whiff of his cigarette before pulling me close to him. My heart was thumping so hard against my chest that I was afraid he'd feel it as I w...
84.1K 1.7K 10
"We shouldn't be doing this." I croaked, torn between my inner voice of reason, and the irresistible desire that had been building up within. In deni...
572 17 9
In his eyes I see fire, his gaze burning through me, thawing every ounce of sadness within me, turning it all into warmth. Warm like his hair, his fr...