All Back (Sequel)

By christheedon

You never miss a good thing 'til it's gone. I want it all, now I want it all. Sequel to 'Comfort Inn Ending' More

Greatness
Do Better
Too Close
Realize
Dinner Party
Let's Try This
Change of Heart
Lets Talk (Shortie)
Daddy's Girl
What I Needed
Date Night
Not a Big Deal
Daddy Duties
Jealous
Mama Drama : Shortie
Boy Time
Ciroc Feelings : Part one
Ciroc Feelings : Part two
Didnt Go Well
I Got Us
Make It Home
Pull Up
Im Fine
I Only Need You
I Only Need You (Cont'd)
Family
Unexpected
Releived
More News
Despondent : Part One
Despondent : Part Two
Duties
I'll Take The Blame
The Blame Is On Me
Disrespectful
Uber Everywhere : Part One
Uber Everywhere : Part Two
Finally Over
It's All Good
Dumb Thought : Shortie
Pop Off
News
VA
Baby Fever
Richmond : Part One
Richmond : Part Two
Horrible Mother In Law
Greene Family
Late Night
Early Morning
Brown Family
We're Good
Back To The Swing Of Things
Back In Cali
Grand ReOpening: Part One
Grand ReOpening: Part Two
Moving In
Baby Shower
Plotting
She'll Do Whatever
She Got What She Wanted
Konfuzed
Tried It
PayBack
KickBack
Fittings
Yoo
Another Day
Give Thanks
The Day
Epilogue

Home Sweet Home

3.6K 143 30
By christheedon

"Here's your release papers sir." The kind nurse told us. It's finally been a week and a half , and Chris can come home. I was more then excited, I was tired coming back and fourth, now he can just sit in one place and heal.

Chris signed his papers , and we were on our way out. Before we left , his doctor gave me a care package, it had all the supplies Chris needed for his wounds.

I was all set at home too, I got his clothes and dinner ready. All I need to do is get him home. Chris would be staying at my house until he has the strength to walk on his feet. He can walk , but he needs crutches. I'm so glad I don't have stairs in my home, it saves me from struggling big time.

"You ready pookie?" I said wheeling him out of the hospital.

"I can't wait to take a damn shower." He grumbled.

"You can't baby. You have to take a bath instead."

"This some bullshit. I can't even take a damn shower."

"It's not that bad babe, I'll put lots of bubbles." I chuckled.

We approached my car, and I stopped in front of the passenger side.

"Where is your brother when I need him." I said to myself tapping my chin. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get him in the car without hurting him or me.

I opened up my car door and brought the wheel chair close to the seat.

"Okay babe, you have to help me out on this one."

"Ready?"

He nodded his head and started to raise up from the chair.

He winced in pain and grabbed my arm.

"There you go." I huffed.

Chris was situated in his seat. That wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

"I'm going to take this back." I said referring to the wheel chair.

"Aite'."

I shut the car door and walked back to the entrance of the hospital.

-

"We're home!" I cheered pulling into my driveway.

Chris didn't say anything but nodded his head.

"Okay." I said sarcastically, I don't know why he's so quiet right now. Yesterday he was talking my ear off about how excited he was to come home.

I got out of my car and walked over to his side. I opened the back seat door to grab his crutches.

"Okay babe. Let's get inside."

I reached for his arm and pulled him out.

"Ow fuck Kayla." He yelled wincing in pain getting out of the car.

"Sorry Chris." I leaned him against the car to shut his door.

"Here." I mumbled handing him his crutches.

"Let's go." I said walking behind him to my front door.

I know his road to recovery is going to be a handful, but he's going to have to take things one step at a time.

I opened the door with my key and walked inside. Chris hoped in behind me.

"My stomach is hurting. Where's my pills?" He referred to his wound on his abdomen.

"Let's get you to the room first." I said helping him maneuver through the living room.

A couple hops and few yell outs we were finally in my room. Chris was fed up with everything , and wanted to give up midway to my room.

"Finally." I led out a breath of air.

I got Chris comfortable on his side of the bed and then went to get the stuff out of the car.

When I was walking out the front door, I saw my mom pull up and park.

"My baby!" I smiled slightly running to her Jeep.

I opened the car door and was met with my child.

"Hey princess." I cheesed unbuckling her out of her car seat.

"Oh, so no hey mom?" My mom asked.

"Hey mama." I looked at her and blew her a kiss.

"You want to see daddy?"

"Yeah,yeah!"

"Okay, let's go baby." I grabbed her and we both walked up the pathway to my front door.

Once we got into the house , she ran down the hallway to my room.

I laughed and walked to my room as well.

"Hey daddy's baby." I heard Chris say when I walked into the room.

"I missed you so much baby." He said hugging her.

"Be careful Ro'. Daddy's hurt, so no jumping around. Okay?"

"Okay." Her little baby voice said.

"You want some pizza daddy?" I asked Chris , and of course not in a sexual way.

"Yes please. Did you get the Sprite I asked you to get?"

"Yeah , I did. I'll bring you some."

"Bring my pills too!" He yelled out to me before I walked out the room.

"Okay!" I yelled back.

-

"You want some pizza ma'?" I asked walking to the kitchen.

"Sure. One slice is fine." She said from the living room.

"Here you go." I said walking to her and giving her the plate.

"Thanks baby."

"Are you happy that your home?" She asked taking a bite.

"Of course. Happy to be in my own bed." I huffed.

"I know that's right." She chuckled.

"Oh thanks, for getting the bags out the car for me." I said walking over to Chris care package.

"Your welcome." She chewed her food.

I walked back into the kitchen and grabbed Chris' plate and his cup of Sprite.

I walked back into my room, Chris and Royalty were watching Spongebob SquarePants.

"Thanks ma'." Chris spoke.

"Here's your medicine." I said placing it in his hand.

"I'll be in the living room if you need me."

-

It was now ten at night , My mom had left and Royalty was fast asleep in her room.

"Ready for your bath?" I asked.

"I got it ready for you. I put lots of bubbles." I smiled then winked.

"You're so annoying." He laughed.

I walked to his side and helped him up. I gave him his crutches and he slowly hopped to the bathroom.

Once he got there , I helped him strip out of his clothes and I carefully helped him into the bathtub.

"I feel like a little ass kid." He huffed getting comfortable into the hot bubbly water.

"With these damn bubbles."

"What? Did you just want to sit in hot water?" I chuckled.

"But your my baby. So it's okay to be one." I said sitting down on the toilet seat.

"I don't know what I'm going to do Kay." He stressed.

"What do you mean?"

"How I'm going to take care of you guys. I feel worthless just laying around like I don't have shit to do."

"Chris baby." I slightly pouted my lips.

"You just got home. There's no rush. I got us right now. Don't even worry about it."

"It's my job to take care of y'all. And I'm not capable of doing so. I feel like shit." He said resting his head against the tiled wall.

"You're just thinking to hard about it. Can you please just trust me? You're going to be fine."

He ignored me and continued to look at the ceiling. I huffed and didn't say anything either.

What can I say? He feels helpless, I don't want him too. You've just been shot a week and a half ago. I don't understand why he thinks he's going to be healed in a matter of seconds. Chris just needs to relax and heal. That's all I want for him.

I grabbed his washcloth and squirted some Dove Men's soap onto it. I lathered it up with my hands , and in silence I washed his body carefully.

"Thanks." He grumbled when I finished dressing his wounds and his body.

I tucked him into his side of the bed. Now it was my turn to get ready for bed.

"Get some sleep kid." I said kissing his lips.

"Thank you again." He mumbled under his breath.

It felt like he was embarrassed that he couldn't care for himself. I really don't mind , I don't know why he doesn't understand that.

"Welcome baby. I love you." I said before I walked into the bathroom to take a shower for myself.

-

I got in bed quietly after I took my shower. I didn't think I was going to be in the shower for that long. That shower was well needed.

Before I was off to a deep sleep, I heard Chris sniffle beside me. I thought nothing of it , but then he kept doing it.

"Babe?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you crying?" I asked.

He didn't answer.

"Chris what's the matter?" I scooted closer to him , holding him tightly.

"I just want to be better." He said.

"You don't haft to cry babe." I said wiping under his eyes with the pad of my thumbs.

"It's the fact that I could've really lost my life."

"It just sunk in right now?" I asked softly rubbing the back of his head in a circular motion.

"Mhm." He hummed.

"I could've lost everything."

"I wouldn't see you or my kids anymore. Y'all are really my world man." He sniffed.

"Aww, don't cry." I said kissing his cheek.

"God said it wasn't your time yet. I'm glad your here."

"When the night happened." I cleared my throat.

"I really thought you were going to be taken away from me."

"My heart was so broken, you don't understand. It's broken now , because it's sad to see you down. But I know you'll be back in no time."

"I know." He grumbled.

"I'm sorry for looking like a punk bitch." He chuckled pulling me in closer.

"It's okay, everybody needs to be a punk bitch once in their life. If you want to cry , go ahead."

"Thanks ma'. For everything that you do."

"Your welcome babe." I kissed his forehead.

"Get some sleep."

And with that , me and him were in a deep sleep that we both needed.

**********************************

Comment and vote 💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 350 28
...
145K 5.1K 42
Chris returns home from his 'Fortune' tour but things weren't the same as when he left. Chris along with his closest friends endure what in means to...
184 2 11
All in the story.โค๏ธ