The Passing Clouds

By Animalover9

-Sequel to KOBEP- It's been a long two and a half years since Akisha Syerki left Konoha and left a certain N... More

The Passing Clouds
Saving Gaara
Konoha
Another Mission?
Tenchi Bridge
Sasuke
A Date
Solo
Old Enemies
The Approaching Fear
The Losses
Back To You
Team 8 and Team Kakashi
Before Impact
Pein's Invasion

Recovery

1K 57 40
By Animalover9

So I made a lot of you cry last chapter ^-^"

Eheh.. Well to lighten the blow of certain deaths, I'll have Joka (ghost form >->) tell you the news!! ^__^

Joka's Ghost: ....You... You killed me off e-e

Me: W-what!? o-o No!! Hidan did!! I swear!!

JG: I'll end you even in this form e_____e

Me: Joka-

JG: But first, look to the side to see a... To use Animalover9's words, 'remarkable, fabulously amazing and stunning' drawing of Akisha. By Badasskittychic. Thanks for the work of art. 

Me: So.. I get to live? o___o

JG: No. *chases after me*

Me: UWAH!! QAQ 

Hidan: *Laughing in le background*

***Akisha's POV***

"Hey there." A light shrug snapped me from my place. "Shikamaru!?" I called out, remembering falling asleep with him in my arms. Last night.. Last night was terrible. "Not by a long shot." I looked up to see a woman in a pink blouse with a dark coloured skirt and an apron over all of this. "Who... You're Shikamaru's mother." She nodded with a smile, helping me to my feet. "We haven't met officiously yet. Please call me Yoshino!" I sent her a light smile as well. "I'm Akisha Syerki." 

She looked me up and down, almost making me want to back away. "Mhm.. Now how did my idiot of a son get a girl as beautiful as you?" I waved her off panic stricken. "A-ah! What? I'm not that great of a sight, honestly." She rolled her eyes. "Bah!" She seemed to think about something before locking me in a hug. "Yoshino?" I asked, not understanding where this was coming from. "Thank you.. For being there for him." She whispered letting me go. I nodded slowly. "Of course." 

"Well come on, I have breakfast waiting on the table." She said with a happy, firm voice, walking ahead. "Eh? ....Excuse me, but where's Shikamaru?" I asked her, quickly catching up next to her. "He's out to Choji's and Ino's I think. They may be visiting Asuma's grave as a team or talking with each other, I'm not sure." "I see. Thanks." I thanked her and continued on, brushing down own my hair to make myself some what presentable. Yoshino noticed and laughed. "You look fine, I did just compliment you, right?" 

I laughed a little with her, now at a kitchen table with her and Shikamaru's father. "Oh Shikaku good, now we can have a breakfast together with out future daughter in law." My eyes nearly popped out of my head and had I not have been holding on to a chair I would have fell over. Yoshino laughed at this and walked to the stove while Shikaku chuckled, sipping what I assume to be coffee.

I sat down in the chair across from Shikaku with a small sigh. "So, I heard you came in contact with the Akatsuki team as well?" I looked up to him, nodding my head. "Yes... They're very strong." Yoshino was around us, setting out plates and such. "Indeed they are. I heard that along with yourself, a panther was found? A tiger came to take him back to their summoning realm?" Shikaku asked, wanting to be confirmed. "Yeah, Joka was the panther. He was my summoning... A very good friend too." Tones of sadness lurked in my voice but I didn't show it all. "Loss is a hard thing to cope with." His voice assertive and well meaning. "Hush with the serious talk!" Yoshino chirped in, sitting down in her own spot with plates of food now in front of us. "So Akisha-" She wore a smirk with a twinkle in her eye. "-When will I get some grandchildren from you and Shikamaru?" 

And out of the chair I fell.

*****

I walked without a direction in Konoha. Actually, I had a place in mind, but couldn't work up the courage to face him. After all, he seemed to be right. I'm not paying enough attention to those who really care for me. At the same time though, he didn't understand my feelings... That and I really can't work up the courage to go and apologize. Maybe I'll just head to the training grounds? 

I turned my directions and headed towards one of the lesser used training grounds. "RASEN-Ah Moegi you messed me up!" "What!? Me!? I wasn't any where near you! You messed up because you can't do the jutsu right! Like big bro can!!" "EH!? NOT UH!!" "YEAH HUH!!" A voice interrupted the two with a sneeze. "C-can't you two just get along?" The third voice sniffled out. I sweat dropped. What was going on? I hopped in to a tree and looked around, my sights laying upon three kids. They seemed maybe two or three years younger, at that twelve or thirteen mark in their lifetime. Don't I know these children from somewhere?

One had on round glasses that disturbingly reminded me of a certain gray haired bastard. His hair was brown, parted down the middle and he had a tiny stream of snot coming down from one nostril. The second was a girl with bright orange hair in tied up in two hair ties. A strange hairdo, but I won't question it when one of my friend's hair is bright pink. She had a cute, but demanding aura surrounding her.

The third was- Ah! I remember now. The third was the kid that Kankuro almost beat up a couple years ago. He's Naruto's friend or follower? Or was it rival? I shook my head, clearing up the thoughts. It was a while ago and I couldn't seem to get the exact story right. My eyes casted down upon the three children again. The one I seemed to recognize held his hand, swirls of air and chakra starting to gather. "RA-" Just as he started to yell the name, the chakra vanished making the boy groan. "Maybe-" The other boy took a moment to wipe his nose. "-You're saying the name to fast?" The girl or Moegi nodded her head. "Yeah! You say the name when you're using the jutsu, not when you're making it." 

The boy scoffed at the two. "You don't know what you're talking about!" Moegi grew a large anger vein on her forehead, pointing at him. "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!" I chuckled. These two are like reincarnations of Naruto and Sakura. Or perhaps even Kiba and myself. 

I stopped chuckling. 

I still need to tell him I'm sorry... "Hey!? Who are you!!?" Voices called up making me look down to see them all staring at me. "Oh? I'm Akisha." I answered simply. Almost positive I've never truly had a proper introduction with these kids. "I'm Konohamaru! That's Udon and Moegi." Konohamaru stated right back, grinning as he pointed to himself and his friends. Udon sneezed before wiping his nose and looking up at me. "What are you doing here?" 

I jumped down, choosing to be face to face. "Nothing much, I saw you kids and couldn't help but notice you trying out Rasengan." Konohamaru's eyes brightened at the mention before they narrowed at me. "Yeah, how do you know about Rasengan?" I motioned with my hands towards the sky, symbolizing the past. "Way back when, I was with Naruto when he learned it." All three of the kids gasped. "With boss!?" "Big bro!?" "Bro?" 

I debated sweating dropping or laughing. "Yes?" Konohamaru pointed at me. "Hey! Then you can help me out!?" I shook my head. "Whoa, no. I hardly remember how he did it since I was off doing my own thing." Konohamaru sighed sady, trying to give my puppy eyes. "Can't you give me one thing?" "Fine." I groaned out, racking my brain of how Naruto learned. "Well he had a balloon or ball in his hand, it help him control the chakra. And he uses a clone to help too." Konohamaru nodded vigorously. "Got it! Got it!" Moegi waved her hand, attracting attention. "Say, where else do you know big bro from?" 

I shrugged. "I graduated with him, went to Chunin Exams with him, and even go on a couple missions with him every now and then." Konohamaru smacked his balled up hand into the other. "That's it! You were that girl who was friends with the weirdo in the black, a few years ago!" I nodded. "Yep that was me." Udon wiped his nosed before talking. "So, what are you doing here?" Moegi rolled her eyes at her teammate. "She already answered that." "Oh right..." He said, thinking about it. 

"Well then, what were you doing?" Konohamaru asked, trying to get more of a clear answer for Udon. "Thinking about someone. Not that important to you three, y-" "Oh! Was it a boyfriend!?" Moegi asked or screamed, grabbing me away from the other two who were now left with question marks. "Never mind Sakura, or me, this girl is Ino." I mumbled to myself. "You're not big bro's girlfriend, are you!?" Moegi asked with twinkles in her eyes. Konohamaru and Udon ran back over. "Why'd you leave!?" Moegi stuck her tongue out at him. "This is girl talk!" 

I coughed loudly to get the two glaring pre-teens attention. "First off. It's not a matter of love, it has to do with my teammate. Second off, I don't think in a million years I could be Naruto's girlfriend. He's a bit of an idiot for me, more of an annoying brother. Alright?" I asked, making sure I was clear to these children. Honestly, it's not shocking their Naruto's followers with their hyperactive attitudes, excluding Udon. "Awh." Moegi sighed sadly while Konohamaru stood with Udon looking in between us. "So what's with you and your teammate?" Moegi asked, her enthusiasm suddenly back again. "A love-" "No." I stopped her while she was ahead. 

"He's.. Been caring towards me. And I've ended up ignoring his help." I worded it in a way so she could understand. And trust me, I don't know why I'm telling them, I think I just need to get it off my chest. "Stupid!" Konohamaru yelled, pointing at me. I held back the urge to sigh, and simple went on to voice my confusion, "Hm?" "You should go say your sorry! A teammate is a teammate. Whether they were caring or not, always look after a teammate." I chuckled with little humor. I'm taking advice from a kid. "Alright, you know, you've got Naruto's attitude down." I said, before turning off. "You talk a lot but you don't even follow your own advice." I heard Moegi claim. "Psh, shut up." "EXCUSE ME!?" "YOU HEARD ME!!" "WHY YOU-" TWHACK!!!  "OUCH!!"

I laughed quietly as I walked away. They may be stupid, but they're also correct. To Kiba's house it is then. 

*****

I thought about knocking on the door but the yelling, screaming, and barking kept me from doing so. "Uhm... Kiba?" I asked allowed, finally tapping three knuckles on his door. The screaming, yelling, and barking didn't silence even when Kiba opened his door, and slammed it behind him. "I'LL BE BACK LATER, AKAMARU!" He called, getting a loud bark in reply. "OH NO YOU DON'T BOY!! GET BACK HERE!" Kiba's face paled at the woman's voice until he grabbed my arm and tugged me away. 

I ran beside him, his house soon in the distance. "What are we doing?" I asked to him, slowing down. "Living to see another day." He responded, still not stopping his run. I let out a small sigh and sped up, running ahead of him and placing a foot right in front of his. "Oof!" He landed flat on to his face making me let out several laughs. He glared up towards me. "Why?" My laughter died down, I pulled Kiba up to his feet and looked in his eyes. "Because.." My tone suddenly serious. "I needed to say that I'm sorry." Kiba stared at my guilty looking face, a grin soon hanging on to his features. "Ahah!! That's it!?" He choked out, between little chuckles. I stared with a dumbfounded expression on my face. "W-... What?" He stopped laughing with a wave. "I get it, Akisha." He said switching to my real name. "I would have down the same if I wear in your shoes, I probably should have let you go straight to Shikamaru... After all, you love him, right?"

I didn't know how to respond, so I only answered his question with, "Yes. Yes I do."

Kiba's grin faded and he hooked his hands around his head, pointing his elbows at the sky. His eyes traced over the deep blue sky. "I understand, I'd do the same for the girl I love, even if I was half dead." He glanced back to me. "You have a girl you love?" My voice was softer, like I was tip toeing around this. Kiba gave a dull laugh. "Yep, but she won't love me back." I broke my gaze from his eyes, an understanding feeling swelling in me. "I think that she'd want you to move on then.." My voice was still soft. 

Kiba sighed a little. "Probably.." He started laughing loudly that made me snap up. "You don't think that you're the girl, do you!?" He laughed out making my face blast a hot red. "What!? I never said that!!"

It.. It wasn't me? Ahh, why'd I even think it was!? 

 Kiba continued laughing so hard, he bent over, hugging his stomach. I frowned at him, some anger making it's way on to my face. "Screw you." I said, turning swiftly away. His laughing stopped. "Where are you going!?" I waved at him, still not turning back. "To find Shikamaru." Kiba didn't answer back as I kept on walking, planning to head over to the grave yard. I still have to pay my respects to Asuma so even if Shikamaru's not there, it's still a place to go. "Heh, yeah, you'll never love me back.." A faint whisper from Kiba drifted over, but I didn't hear it as my thoughts were about Asuma.

*****

I walked over to Shikamaru who was crouching at a nicely decorated tomb stone. Shikamaru had his eyes closed and a hand lightly brushing the grave. I crouched down next to him, brushing my left bangs back behind my ear so I could see clearly. "Hey." Shikamaru flinched, opening his eyes in a quickly second and turned to me. "Akisha?" I giggled at his sudden shock but nodded to the question. "Yeah, it's me. I thought I'd come search for you." I said looking at him. Soon my gaze fell back to the grave, noticing a lit cigarette in the middle. "He was a smoker, wasn't he?" I chuckled out. Shikamaru smiled. "Heh, yeah. That smoke always killed me."

I snickered making him raise an eyebrow in question towards me. "It's funny to see that, smoke's never bothered me because I grew up with it in Suna." "Really? You seem like you'd hate the smell of smoke." He said, looking from the cigarette to me. "You'd think that." With these words, the light conversation ended. "You know, right before he died he told me some things." He whispered out, looking at the grave intensely, memorizing every line. I didn't answer to this either, I knew he'd go on.

"One of the things he said was, 'She really is perfect for you. Don't let that go.'" Shikamaru gave a half smile at the end of this making my lips perk up in to a smile. "Well when he's right, he's right." He let out a small laugh at that, shaking his head. He didn't respond and after a bit of time, a thought occurred to me. 

"Shikamaru?" His eyes matched my own. "What are you going to do?" He looked away with a tiny sigh, standing up to his feet and helping me up also. "You don't need to worry about it. I'll have Choji and Ino with me." I shook my head at this. "No, I do need to worry. This is dangerous, let me go with you." "No." I held back my temptation to glare at him. "Why?" "It's too dangerous for you." A tone of worry in his voice. "If it's too dangerous for me than it's no better for you and your teammates!!" I stressed to him. 

"I will not lose my Sensei and my girlfriend." His voice was tough, tough enough to make me see how strong of this he's for. "Alright.. I won't go with you." He crossed his arms. "And you won't follow?" "Goddamn it." I mumbled, hearing his words ruining my way to go around this. "Fine, I won't follow either." Shikamaru stood there, thinking a moment before embracing me in a hug. "Thank you." The words came out muffled and I only responded with a little, "Mhm." I let out another sigh, a sigh of content, yet laced with concern. "Shikamaru?" Two voices called on over. Shikamaru let go of me and turned to see the determined faces of Ino and Choji. He looked back to me and then them. "Uh-I-They-" I cut him off with a peck on the lips. "Please be safe." I whispered to him. He sent me a smile. "I will be." 

I watched him jog off to his teammates, Ino sending me a wink, and Choji waving to me. I smiled to them, but as they turned away the smile erased. Please, please be safe. I glanced back down to the grave, crouching, and lightly patting it. "Asuma... I'm not sure if you were the one that saved me, but thank you. For everything. Watch over Shikamaru, please." I stood back up to my feet and turned away. There's one last person I need to see now.

*****

I patted her back, sitting in her apartment as she cried, both of us sitting on the couch. "What do I do, Akisha? I-I lost him." She sobbed out making my mind race. What would I do in this situation? If I lost Shikamaru... "Kurenai-Sensei." I wonder if this'll shed some light? It has been over half an hour that I've been here with her... Anything could help, after all, Suru's words did help me. "...Although you lose someone, Kurenai. You'll never lose their love, ever. And the way Asuma loved you, there's no way that'll ever be lost." Kurenai silenced her sobs, lifting her head to see me. 

"T-that's really beautiful." She sniffled out. "I thought so too." She let her eyes wonder from me to some flowers at her window in the apartment. "Asuma gave me those to grow." Her voice a light whisper, more tears springing from her red eyes. I looked over at the flowers. "They're really beautiful." "I agree." ".....Thank you for coming by Akisha." Kurenai said after some silence. "Of course!" I answered quickly, like it was obvious that I'd be here for her. "You're my Sensei, I care for you." She looked down, towards her stomach. "I'm going to trust you with something. I haven't told that many people so not really anyone knows." I quirked an eyebrow. "What is it?" 

She gave a bright laugh, the tears in her eyes finally rolling down her cheeks. "I'm pregnant." My mouth nearly dropped. "Pregnant!?" She nodded slowly to me, gently having her hands on her stomach. "Yeah."  Thoughts came at me all at once; What to say? When did you find out? Who else knows? 

I didn't shoot questions at my Sensei, rather I hugged her. "T-That's amazing!" I yelled, making her pull away. "You.. You really think so?" I laughed, tears daring to roll down my cheeks. "Yes! See, Asuma would never really will leave you." She smiled, letting even more tears fall. "Now he can make sure to watch us both." She whispered, rubbing her stomach. "He can watch over all of us now." I said, also lightly touching her stomach. "Hehe, you think it'll be a boy?" She asked, a lighter tone in her voice now. "Actually, I think it'll be a girl." I said, looking up.

"A girl? Why?" Kurenai questioned making me grin. "I may not look like it but I'd love a little girl to spoil." Kurenai suddenly laughed with me, until the laughter died out. "Asuma.. I wonder what you think it'll be?" Kurenai whispered looking over to the flowers. "...I wonder..."

*****

*limps over from Joka's Ghost's grasp*

Uwah ;-; Hey dudes.

Sorry for the wait for the chapter. >,< Hopefully you'll comment, I know this chapter is shorter with not much of a climax or anything, but I wanted it published before I go on vacation! ^,^ 

I'll be going to New Jersy for about a week on the 6th. So no chapters till I'm back ^-^" Also! What do you think Kurenai's and Asuma's baby will be? Is Akisha really going to stay behind while Shikamaru goes out for revenge? And anyone feeling bad for Kiba? What does everyone think of that amazing drawing of Akisha?

Let me know!! ^u^ Love you fans~!

(Oh and I published a new fanfiction that, ironically, centers around Hidan ^-^" Hehe. Check it out please~)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...
75.3K 1.7K 32
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
395K 11.9K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...