Weaving a Song

Autorstwa Venari

"Your child will be gifted. She will be able to do what even Elves have trouble with. Be warned, she may not... Więcej

Weaving a Song
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118

Chapter 115

1.1K 38 6
Autorstwa Venari

April 3019 TA

Throughout the whole day, almost everyone in the entire camp had come to see the said walking miracle for themselves. Almiel's presence seemed to have a joyous effect on everyone, not only those who had known her. Though the camp had been rather ecstatic for a long time when Sauron was first destroyed, the deaths of everyone who had been close to them, not just Almiel, had lain close to their hearts. Her presence, and her gift, lifted their spirits in a new way, and all were quite glad of it. Haldir never left her side, and both Legolas and Thranduil had never gone out of hearing or sight distance yet.

It was almost midday when they met the hobbits. Almiel's eyes sparkled at Frodo, who was glad to see that she had wakened. "I told you we would meet again." She said to Frodo.

Frodo smiled, but inside his heart was shadowed. Almiel's eyes pierced his for a second, and she took his hand. "You have not finished your journey yet, Master Baggins. You still have a ways to go, and at the end of it you will find peace." She said. Frodo eyed her with curiosity, Legolas having told them what she could do while she still lay dead.

"Do you know that? Or is it just something to say to comfort me?" Almiel laughed.

"So here's the real reason Elrond had us keep silent!" She said. "Too many questions from those without answers." She said laughing. "But you should know, I have not yet lied, not even to comfort those I sense."

"No, she just does not tell you everything." Haldir muttered. Thranduil and Legolas both laughed.

"Count yourself lucky," Thranduil said, "She told me less."

"I do not say what I am not sure of." Almiel said. "I give you what I know is true, and leave the rest to your own choosing. I cannot give any less than what was given to me, and I had to make my own choice. You will have your own Frodo, and when you do you will find the peace you seek." She said. Frodo looked after her wonderingly as she walked on to meet Sam.

"Do not take her words lightly, young Master." Thranduil said as he walked up to Frodo. "Even before her words had power that not even Saruman could match with his gilded tongue. Now I think they are even closer to the truth, having met the Creator himself." Frodo nodded silently, thinking on what she had told him.

He looked over and saw Merry and Pippin laughing at something she said. I hope you are right Princess. He thought and walked over by Sam who was sitting to lunch (while simultaneously staring at the Royal family with something akin to awe).

Later that day, when things had started to settle down, Elrohir finally got the nerve to approach Almiel. For once, Haldir's grip did not stiffen on her, but he did pull her closer. "I have spoken with a lot of different people in apology." Elrohir said, trying to avoid Haldir's gaze. "But I have yet to apologize to you. I have no place to be forgiven, I know that. I did not understand at the time, but now I do- and I wish I could take everything back, especially now." He said, eyeing Haldir with both caution and guilt. Haldir's gaze, surprisingly, softened and Almiel gently extracted her arm from his.

"I forgave you long ago." She said. "Even if no one else did." She added a pointed look at Haldir who blushed slightly. "I of all people knew you did not understand, and I never held it against you."

"I believe that was your first rather large fight with your father as well." Haldir said.

"Perhaps," Almiel agreed. "In either case, you have nothing to apologize for, and some things were never meant to change anyway." Elrohir stared at her, partly shocked at her good will, and partly still abashed.

After a minute, he bowed his head to her. "I thank you then, for I never expected this. I wish you both the best, but I believe I must take my leave." He said. She nodded at him while Haldir only watched him go. She let him take her arm again, but she looked at him curiously as she did so.

"What?" He asked her.

"You know, I seem to remember you giving advice to someone before. It was something like: 'You need to learn to let go' but I feel the advice was only for that person, not for you." She said, raising one eyebrow.

Haldir laughed slightly. "Those words were for a different situation." He said. "I have no intention of letting you go anytime soon- or ever." He added. Almiel grunted.

"I noticed." She said.

"You are missing the point once more I do believe." Haldir said, smiling at her. Almiel laughed.

"No, I don't think so. I got the point, and I did notice- I never really said I minded all that much." She added. Haldir brought her hand to his lips.

"I know." He said. She only narrowed her eyes while he laughed again.

Finally, that evening, the family was alone once more. They sat under the stars in an empty part of the field. They talked rather nonchalantly, nothing much mattered anymore except for the fact that the four of them were alive. Soon, it began to grow darker, and after exchanging a long glance, Almiel and Thranduil went off alone.

"So how did you do it?" Legolas asked Haldir.

"Me? Who says I did anything?" Haldir asked.

"Because one minute you're sulking and being an idiot and the next my sister is alive again- when you happened to be alone with her." Legolas said.

Haldir smiled. "Well when you put it that way." He said. Legolas raised an eyebrow, clearly expecting an answer. Haldir finally shrugged. "I am still not all that sure to be honest. When I walked back in, your father left and I stood there for a minute unsure of what to do with myself. I touched her cheek, and it was cooling for the first time. After I realized that, it struck something deep inside of me and after an odd range of emotions I felt this wave of something come over me. The next thing I know I heard Almiel beside me, I then heard someone else speak- I think it was Eru, she laughed at me, and then we both passed out- maybe- and then we showed up back here."

Legolas frowned. "So the light- was it really coming from her, or you?"

"I don't know, probably both. It was me at first- that's probably what someone first saw. Later it was Almiel though." Legolas nodded, leaning back so that he could see the stars.

"Ada will be on my case after this." Legolas said. Haldir looked at him curiously.

"Why?"

"He will probably wish to remind me that I am still quite alone, and my sister who is almost two millennia younger is married." Haldir laughed.

"Was it not you who told me that you would get to marry first? That I would always be behind you?"

Legolas blushed. "That was a long time ago."

"Indeed," Haldir agreed, "But you were the one who said it, trying to make me feel like a child. Now look who's the child."

"I don't need reminding. My father does that enough."

Haldir grinned. "Well, when he comes perhaps I should remind him."

"No thank you, not today." Legolas said.

"You're right, I'll wait until tomorrow."

Legolas glared at him, which only made Haldir laugh. "Well, perhaps I would already be married as well if Eru were to make my own bond mate appear beside me." Legolas muttered.

"It does help." Haldir said, eyes sparkling while Legolas only sighed and pushed him away.

*

Father and daughter walked in silence for a few minutes, glad to be in each other's company once more. They were two similar figures in the dark: both tall, both fair, both royal. It reminded Almiel of what Eru had said, that he had meant for her to be quite like her father. That she was supposed to have his strength. "You told me I would come home." She said softly. "I guess you were right." He looked at her and smiled.

"I usually am, with a few exceptions of where you told me different. Between the two of us, we get most things right." He said, his eyes sparkling.

Almiel laughed. "Well, I suppose when you put it that way it is quite true. I still found out I had a lot of things wrong though..." She said trailing off. His eyes now looked at her, curious. "I guess that is one of the first things you notice about yourself when you truly see Eru." She said. "How much of the world you got wrong, how much you thought you were right, but were never. In that moment, though, it did not matter. Eru was too..."

"Indescribable?" Thranduil offered. Almiel nodded.

"Yes... He had reasons for everything, things I never saw."

"Like?" Thranduil asked.

"Like why I was given to you and not any other." Almiel said. Thranduil looked stunned for a second.

"Me?" He asked. He thought about it for a minute. "I guess I asked the messenger the same question, but he only told me you were for everyone, not just for me."

Almiel laughed. "Well, I was told the messenger was confused himself." Thranduil laughed.

"I am glad I was not the only one."

"Oh no," Almiel said, "I was given a list of everyone that knew something was different about me, and wondered why in the world someone would give me to you to raise."

"Hmmm, I might have to talk to a few people..." Thranduil teased.

"No I don't think you do." Almiel said. "I would rather not have anyone mortally wounded."

"I do suppose you missed that one." Thranduil said. "It seems your brother and I are more in common than we thought. Except... he was not mortally wounded."

Almiel rolled her eyes. "I see what I miss." She said. Thranduil smiled before he looked at her more seriously.

"I am leaving soon." He said.

"Why?" Almiel asked.

He sighed. "We won the War, and we won the battles, but a lot of the forest was burned. By tradition, our people our still in mourning, and they will be. I came here for you, but I cannot continue to stay when everyone at home has no idea why I left when you are perfectly fine once more."

"Will you tell them?" Almiel asked.

"I don't know." Thranduil admitted. "But I have spoken with both Gandalf and Estel since I have been here, and if I am correct you will not get back to Eryn Lasgalen before Midyear. Estel told me Elrond and Galadriel will come and I think the twins are returning to get them at the end of this month. If that is true, then the official mourning period will be over when you return, and a combined marriage celebration and celebration of the end of the war will be good for everyone."

Almiel sighed. "I guess this time you are right." Thranduil smiled softly. "But," she said, "Legolas plans to travel through Fanghorn on the way back with Gimli. Should we wait for them?"

"No," Thranduil said, "Legolas tells me that he will not torture Gimli for too long. Or that he might, I'm not really sure, but regardless you will probably travel to us through Lothlórien which might end up meaning you and Legolas arrive close to the same time."

Almiel nodded and then they continued walking. "What happens after that?" She asked.

"So you're asking me this time?" Thranduil asked.

Almiel shoved him playfully. "That was one time!" She said.

"Yes, and it turned into the last battle of a long war." Thranduil said.

"Your fault, not mine." Almiel said. Thranduil raised an eyebrow but chose to ignore the statement.

"That might not be my decision to make." Thranduil said, more serious. "You might have to figure that one out for yourself."

"Hannon..." Almiel said.

Thranduil smiled at her reaction. "I think it was not so newly discovered that you have a will of your own, and, at least most of the time, a sound mind to make those decisions. You are no longer mine now. You have someone else to guide you now, or are you not now married according to Eru?" He said.

Almiel glanced at the sky. "Perhaps, but are you not still my king?"

"Ah, but you never listened to me as your king anyway." Thranduil said.

"Well..." Thranduil laughed.

"I am right this time this time as well." He said. Almiel sighed.

"Maybe." She conceded.

"Well, in either case, you know that if you really need me I am forever your father, but I don't know what you really need me for anymore."

Almiel looked up at him, her eyes much softer. "I always needed you, Ada. Even if I didn't always say it. You did more than you know, and perhaps more than I know too." Thranduil's eyes glistened slightly and he opened his arms. She leaned into them and they stood there together again, this time under the stars.

"You know where to find me." He said softly.

"Since you barely leave the throne room I am sure everyone knows where to find you." Almiel said with her arms still around him.

"I resent that, lately I have been in the Council chambers more." He said. Almiel smiled.

"Well, the darkness has ended, at least for now. You will have much less of a burden from now on."

"Indeed, now that I am not so worried about you..." Almiel pulled away laughing.

"You need a holiday." She said.

"No, I need less reckless children, I handled the kingdom perfectly fine until you two..."

"That's not what I heard. Nana told me she was barely keeping you going until you had us."

"That... is almost true. I was perfectly fine until Gil-galad and Sauron started a war, then she was barely keeping me together." Thranduil corrected.

"Well, I guess you don't need me anymore now that the war is over..." Almiel muttered.

"That is certainly not true," Thranduil said. "I do believe without you everyone was having a harder time- at least the three of us. Trust me, your seemingly boundless energy will be good for us when you get back."

Almiel sighed. "So when are you leaving?" She asked.

"Dawn of the day after tomorrow." Thranduil said. "Well, that is my plan. Tawarthion may have other ideas."

"Shall I beat him over the head for you?" Almiel asked.

"He needs it, but no, I have refrained for this long, I might as well not start now. Besides, since Taenron seems eager to beat somebody, if anyone is going to beat him over the head, I will simply ask Taenron."

Almiel grinned. "Or just stumble across a few Orcs on the way back and let Taenron at them."

"I fear the other four would want some as well." Thranduil said. "Which means I would have to find a whole army of Orcs, which I would rather not, and then watch as they maul all of them while Tawarthion tries to get me to flee the scene. They let me fight wars, but not battles. I never got the logic behind that."

Almiel laughed. "At least they let you do that much, otherwise you would be in the throne room all the time."

"I think I would beat him over the head if that happened." Thranduil said. He glanced at the sky. "But it is late, and I know Legolas has not rested or slept since I got here. I may have to drag him away, but I will make him rest tonight."

"You may have to tie him down." Almiel said as they began to walk back.

"I just might." Thranduil said. He stopped walking and turned to her. Almiel...

She looked up at him, eyes curious. Their eyes met, and both of them understood something deeper in the other. He pulled her closer again, holding her like he had when she was a child. The bond they had as father and daughter was deep, forged by trial and triumph alike. Their emotions swelled and intermingled for a time, before calm settled over both of them while they held each other.

Then they walked, in contented silence, back to where the other two waited.

*

"There they are," Legolas said softly. He was leaning back on his elbows, having been previously laying down admiring the stars until he felt his family returning. Haldir's eyes first went to Almiel, but then caught Thranduil's eyes. Thranduil seemed to pierce his soul once before they moved past him to Legolas.

You are tired, come you need rest.

But I-

Legolas. His father's tone left no room for argument so Legolas joined his father as they walked away.

"I told your sister I would tie you down until you sleep if you do not." Thranduil said to him as they moved away.

"I am not that tired." Legolas answered.

"Hmmm, you have not slept since I got here." Thranduil said. "And I doubt you slept much before that."

"Once," Legolas said defensively.

"Right after the battle?" Thranduil asked.

"Well-." Legolas started.

"Mhm, sleep." Thranduil said shoving him in the tent. Legolas sighed and laid down on one of the cots, someone having removed the table from the tent and replacing it with a cot. Legolas was asleep within seconds of laying down, which only made Thranduil amused. I told you... Thranduil thought to himself before finally falling asleep himself.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

85.7K 2.9K 49
The last battle will happen soon. so many things will happen for Niphredil and she will feel Sauron's power more. Can she survive? will they win the...
34.3K 761 26
Awarthrie was the only child of Kili and Tauriel, raised by Glóin. She hates the shinny pointy eared tree-hugging bastards. The apparent enmity betwe...
885K 21.7K 55
Amara is the youngest child of Elrond and Celebrian. After her mothers departure nothing is the same in Rivendell. When Elrond comes back from Mirkwo...
4.2K 106 34
"I cannot raise a child!" Thranduil said aghast. "What she needs is a mother and a father- a proper family," he sighed. "Maybe she has found them in...