How To Build A Flower Shop

Bởi Dainty-Daisy

Everything Bobbi Grace Thompson does is for her mother, who had sadly passed away in a car accident when Bobb... Xem Thêm

Important Notice! :)
Prologue
Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter TWENTY
Chapter TWENTY ONE
Chapter TWENTY TWO
Chapter TWENTY THREE
Chapter TWENTY FOUR
Chapter TWENTY FIVE
Chapter TWENTY SIX
Chapter TWENTY SEVEN
Chapter TWENTY EIGHT
Chapter TWENTY NINE
Chapter THIRTY
Chapter THIRTY ONE
Chapter THIRTY TWO
Chapter THIRTY THREE
Chapter THIRTY FOUR
Chapter THIRTY FIVE
Chapter THIRTY SIX
Chapter THIRTY SEVEN
Chapter THIRTY EIGHT
Chapter THIRTY NINE
Chapter FORTY
Chapter FORTY ONE
A Message From Me

Chapter THREE

13.4K 412 39
Bởi Dainty-Daisy

The next day Bobbi comes home from school to find her father waiting on her with a cup of hot chocolate. Hands it to her as she settles her bag down.

It's a thing they both do for each other: when one of them senses the other is tired or stressed or could do with their favourite hot drink, they would make it for them. Bobbi's favourite is hot chocolate with cream and Lucas enjoys the standard coffee.

He knew she would need her hot beverage when she came through the door as she met up with Nicholas after school. She wanted to know if he was okay and if he saw Roberto. With a shocked reaction to the news, Nicholas told her he didn't see Roberto. Said he wasn't near the shop after he locked up and apologised profusely for the incident. Held her in his arms as she cried for the flower shop, like it was another part of her mom dying. Gone.

Lucas sees her red and puffy eyes but doesn't ask about it. Wouldn't want to set her off again. It pains to see her upset. She smiles thankfully and blows on her drink, taking a quick sip after.

'Roberto's parents came by while you were in school. We talked and agreed on how much the damages will be. His parents thought it was a good idea to have him re-decorate Gracious Gardens because they think it would really discipline him. They apologized and thanked me for not doing anything too harsh. They also hoped that the money is enough to cover everything, which it is, so... yeah, doll. That's the "411",' he air quotes.

She smiles at this. 'Speaking of, daddy can I please work with him? Don't you see that if I re-do the shop with him, I can show you and mom I can be hard working and responsible? That I can prove to you that I can take good care of it? This will make me happy. It's like, this will make me feel close to mom and I want her to be proud to see I adore the shop dearly-'

'Okay, okay, doll. If it's something you really think you can handle.' Lucas caves in, remembering one of his promises to her: supporting everything she wanted. Sees the passion, love, and dedication in her eyes as she speaks.

Her head cocks to the side. 'Really? I had a whole speech planned on my walk home,' she says with disbelief in her voice.

He laughs. 'Well, by all means continue.' Gestures his hand out for her to go on.

She cracks another smile. 'Oh, I was just going to finish with how I could keep an eye on Roberto, you know, watch the progress, watch him.' Sips on her hot chocolate and licks the cream off her lips.

Lucas takes her in for another hug. 'I can't stop you from doing something like this. I think it's wonderful, but we have to wait until the contractors are done their part first.'

He tells her the carpenters estimate their work to be done around mid-October. The time Nick's big football game and Homecoming will be. Jamelia and Bobbi are too excited for Homecoming they already bought their dresses. Jamelia bought a peach dress that ruffles around at the end, stopping at the knees. It's sleeveless with a plain bust, while the rest is lace and there is very few diamonds.

Bobbi found a simple coral pink dress that compliments her feminine shape. The dress ends past her knees and the bottom of it fans out when she twirls. It also has a deep V on the back. A statement necklace is all that's needed to accessorise the dress, and she has nude heels to go with it.

When she puts away her new dress, she sneaks into her father's room and to his wardrobe. On her toes, she pulls out a box and sits cross legged on the floor. The golden box has a light pink ribbon tied around it. She traces the edges of the box before opening it, and reveals a baby blue sparkling dress her mother wore to her Prom. She holds the dress up, the sunlight bounces off it and makes it sparkle, as she admires the dress' beauty.

Tears sting her eyes as she whispers, 'I miss you, mom.' Presses the dress to her chest and a tear falls. Stays on her father's bedroom floor and hugs the dress for a moment, before she neatly puts it back into the pretty box and atop the wardrobe.

**
The carpenters and electricians are almost done in Gracious Gardens. They say it'll take only three months maximum for Bobbi and Roberto to redecorate it if they really want to prioritize it beside school work. It shouldn't take too much of their time. Maybe sooner or later, depending on how much time they put into it.

Bobbi looks forward to the time as Homecoming and Nicholas' football game is around the same time. Waits anxiously for the workers to be done so she and Roberto can start work. Although, she isn't actually looking forward to working with Roberto.

When the carpenters are finished their part on the shop, Bobbi will make sure the work will be strict without falling behind on schedule. She doesn't see it being an issue because she has a feeling it will be all work and no talk on Roberto's behalf. Expects this as throughout school he's always found alone with a moody "I don't like you. Get out of my way" expression on his face, or from time to time talking to a girl. Keeps to himself but an attitude accompanies him whenever someone is on his path.

Bobbi doesn't know how he is in classes as he doesn't share any with her. Maybe he does but decides to skip. She takes it as him being the same in the halls: sitting at the back off the class, quiet and moody, until someone might ask for a pencil or a teacher asks him a question and he'll give attitude. She gets that vibe from him. Her vibes are always right.

In study hall, she researches how to decorate buildings. Writes down two lists: what needs to be done and what to buy. Still determined to feel more structured and organised, she looks for Roberto when the bell rings, before going to class. If she doesn't see him in another five minutes she'll go to class and get her dad to call him later for her.

Bobbi smiles at fellow students when they pass, but it drops when she spots Roberto. Her jaw tightens and she's sick in her stomach seeing him in school and not where he should be. Look at him, just standing there with Stacey and smiling like he hadn't done anything wrong... Bobbi is furious! Blood boiling, her skin heating up, she has the urge to attack him now that her dad isn't here to hold her back.

But I don't want to get into trouble, so breathe, she thinks as she inhales a deep but shaky breath.

Her temper is under control as she nears him. Doesn't care he's with someone. Figures he doesn't respect her so she doesn't respect him. She would like to be the bigger person in any situation, but when it comes to him and his crime, being the bigger person is out the window.

Roberto leans closer to Stacey's ear, whispering something that makes her smile, whereas Bobbi rolls her eyes, the edge of her lip twitches up with a look of disgust. Tugs onto his leather jacket for his attention.

'I need a word,' she says, straight to the point. Doesn't like to waste time. In other words, she doesn't want to be late for class.

'Here's two for one: Go away,' he replies nonchalantly, keeping his eyes on the red haired girl and continues to flirt.

Hands on her hips, Bobbi clears her throat loudly and he, with hesitance, turns to face her.

'Oh.' He blinks when he sees Bobbi. 'What?' The word comes out in an irritated tone. Doesn't seem like he regrets it as he crosses his arms over his chest.

'First, you should show some gratitude not attitude,' she starts. If Bobbi had it her way he wouldn't be here. Glares at his face, a snide smile from him, and she wishes justice would be done.

'Second-' she stops, disregarding him, and faces Stacey. 'Hey uh, can we have a moment?'

Stacey's smile is followed with pursed lips. 'Of course, I get it.' Before she leaves, her hand strokes Roberto's arm and she winks.

Again, Bobbi glares at him as he watches Stacey walk down the hall, ignoring her. I get it. Stacey's words make Bobbi uncomfortable that most -if, at all, everyone- people know the story with her mom's flower shop burning down and the culprit behind it.

The culprit standing before her. Tears sting at her eyes as she thinks all of this is unfair.

'Listen-'

'What gives? I didn't even have got her number.' His eyebrows furrow at her.

'Oh yeah, boohoo it's a tragedy,' she spits in anger at his interruption. What she has to say is related to rebuilding the flower shop and he doesn't care to listen. Where are his manners? 'The carp- that didn't even make sense.' Anger still in her tone, her breathing heavy from holding down a scream. There's very little interaction between them and she already can't stand being near him. Her mother needs justice, not this ungrateful arsonist.

Subsiding her frustration, she starts again. 'The-'

'Girls think is sexy,' he mumbles under his breath.

She snorts. 'And people think you're stupid. Now listen. The carpenters will be done their work in around two weeks,' she guesses, 'so I made up a plan.'

A loud and discouraged wail escapes his lips, his head tilts back doing so, and he circles his head around to look at her. His eyes squeeze shut as he makes a grumbling sound at the back of his throat before unwillingly listening.

Bobbi's eyebrow arches from this. 'You done? Okay, I've made a list of the things that have to be done and another of what needs to be bought. I also think it's best to set a regular time so I think from half five until seven throughout Monday to Friday. Is that, um, are those hours okay for you?' Scratches under her messy ponytail, awkward as she started off assertive and finished with consideration of his time.

'Yeah, I suppose I do that.' He's impressed at how she planned it out.

The bell rings, cutting through their somewhat civil talk.

Bobbi looks down the hall and back at him.

'It's a good idea we swap numbers. If you have any good, valid reason to be late -which you better not be- you can text me, and I'll be in contact to let you know when we start.'

Roberto pulls out his phone as she mentions this, until he stops halfway. 'We?'

'Yes, we.' Somehow he got under her skin saying that. She wants to be sure everything is done perfectly.

Doesn't seem happy or impressed with this as he looks around himself vacantly with his jaw tense. Reluctant to the idea for a couple of seconds, his left hand on his right shoulder, until he slumps his shoulders. 'Fine, fine.' They get each other's number, and he waves her off as he walks away to class, maybe.

Eyes closed, her hand rubbing the back of her other -it calms her- Bobbi breathes out her frustration from his attitude.

If she can't stand being around him now, how can she put up with his behaviour for five days of the week at what's estimated for three months?

She rolls her head around, internally groaning, as she makes a start to her class.

**
It's a chilly night at the school's big football game. Bobbi has the school's green jersey on and a foam finger on her right hand that reads "#1". Sits with Jamelia and together they cheer with their school. It's a very popular night as most of the students from Kylemore High attend the game. There's roars, chants, cheers, and hisses but it's a wonderful night. The scores are close until Nicholas catches the ball, runs up the field, dodges his opponents and wins the game. All the students scream and cheer for Nicholas. The game over and people going home, Bobbi stays back to find Nicholas. He's with some of his friends, enjoying the victory. Runs to him and snakes her arms around his waist.

'Congratulations, baby! I knew you would win!' she cheers, still hyper from the game. He turns around to her and she wraps her arms around his neck.

He pulls her into him; it causes her heart to go into a frenzy. 'Thanks, babe. You inspire me,' Nicholas says, a glint of admiration in his eyes. Begins to trace circles on her lower back.

Bobbi can't help but giggle at what he does to her. 'I love you.' Sincerity in her voice.

'I love you, too, gorgeous,' he purrs just before planting his lips on hers. 'I can't wait to show you off at Homecoming'. He rests his hand under her chin.

As she plays with his black hair, she smiles at his words. 'Won't be long for that. Only three more days until Friday.' Sticks her tongue out at him.

They look at each other intently before kissing, both ardently in love.

**
As if Bobbi knew, the past three days have gone by quick. Once she opens her eyes to the sunny Friday morning, she's out of bed by seven a.m. in a very good mood. Her smile grows bigger that evening when she slips into her coral pink dress, her hair curled and resting over her right shoulder. Lucas says she's stunning and insists on taking a picture of her and Nicholas before they go to the dance.

Both of them are amazed when they stand at the entrance of the gym transformed into a beautiful Homecoming dance. The tables and chairs, on one side of the gym, have white covers over them with confetti, plates and cutlery. On the other side is the dance floor and DJ booth, where some students are dancing.

It isn't long when Nicholas pulls Bobbi onto the dance floor, dancing most of the night with their friends and sometimes just them.

By the end of the night Nick decides to drive Bobbi home. It's early to go but she's ready to leave and is dying to get under her covers and mess around on her phone.

'Before I drop you home I want spend some alone time with you. I feel like we haven't seen much of each other lately.'

Nick turns right, going the opposite direction of her house, leaving Bobbi confused.

'Oh- okay.' Curious as to where he's driving her, she keeps quiet, a little too sleepy to hold a conversation.

A couple of minutes into the drive and they reach their destination. Nick turns off the ignition, breathes out and faces Bobbi.

'Where are we?'

She looks around but doesn't recognise their surroundings. Sees only trees, bushes and the road behind them. Her window down a few inches, there's a strong smell of pine and oak.

'Just somewhere I wanted us to be alone, away from loud music and chat. How was your week?' He reaches up to press his index finger and thumb onto where he used to have his ear pierced. Does this when he's anxious or nervous.

'Alright,' she stammers.

Notices him playing with his ear where it's closed up and wonders if she did something wrong. Knows why he does this so she has a feeling it's a serious matter. She suddenly feels like she's in one of those horror movies where the crazy axe murderer pops out to kill them and no one would hear their screams. She then thinks maybe Nicholas is the crazy axe murderer, but her thoughts are always exaggerated whenever she's scared - even the slightest. Uncomfortable, she wonders why Nicholas brought her out here.

He notices her discomfort and places both his hands on her cheeks as he stares right into her eyes. 'Relax. Nothing is wrong. I'm here.' Suddenly, those words make Bobbi feel safe and she lets her body relax. 'Have I ever told you, you look beautiful tonight?' he whispers.

'No. You haven't.' She laughs and he joins.

What they love about their relationship is they can look into each other's eyes with such love and jokingly make fun of each other. The same look Nick gives her now and kisses her. Her lips feel soft and warm to him as she responds, parting her lips and deepening the kiss.

His hands slowly trace down from her cheeks to her waist. She holds his suit jacket and grips tighter onto him; moaning at the pleasure his kisses make her feel. His hands slide up a bit more and after a few kisses he's on top of her.

Bobbi's okay with them making-out as long as it remains that way. She doesn't want to ruin anything by going too fast, and his lips feel so lovely on her neck. Yet, she doesn't like his hands roaming all over her body. Grabs his hand that slides up her thigh and holds it.

'Nick, why don't we slow down, yeah?' she suggests as she looks him in the eyes, hands in his hair.

'Mhm.' Nods his head and proceeds to trail kisses along her shoulder, to her collarbone and stops at her neck, staying there. Lost in the moment, his hands roam along her body again and his body presses down on hers. A sweet moan escapes his lips as his hand reaches under her dress and rests on her hipbone.

Bobbi's shock reaction is swatting his hand away, scolding him. Eyes full of fury, she glares at him with her eyebrows furrowed. Awaits for him to apologise.

A glint in his eyes, Nick laughs it off, almost jeering. Doesn't know what to say as his lips move but no words come out. Instead of speaking, he closes the gap between them and lays over her again.

Disappointment. This is what Bobbi feels. An unsettling feeling in her stomach, she's nervous lying under him in his car and in a secluded area. Where no one could probably find them and hear her scream. If it comes to a necessary time to scream. Hopes there wouldn't be. She clears her throat and keeps trying to take his roaming hands off her but fails. His body feels heavier on her, a hand gliding over her breast again. Bobby's throat closes up when Nicholas moans in pleasure.

'Nick, get off me!' She gains the strength to shove him off and uses this moment to sit up and collect herself, steady her breathing. She leans against the door, having the idea to leave. Would that be dramatic?

'What's wrong, babe?'

'What's wrong?' she exclaims, astonished. Takes her bag to leave and puts her hand on the handle when he says,

'I was only trying to relax you and have fun. It's called making-out.'

Bobbi stops what she's doing and turns to him with wide eyes. 'It felt like you wanted to do more,' she retorts. 'Do you think that was fun for me? You only made me really uncomfortable and I didn't like it.'

'Well if you let yourself enjoy it,' he mumbles under his breath like a moody child, still contemptuous of her action to stop him.

Gobsmacked, she composes herself and exits his car and slams the door shut. The wind envelops her as chills go up her spine, she wraps her arms around herself.

'Bobbi, where are you going?' he shouts over the wind.

She turns around to him and he's leant forward to her side of the car, his head out the window.

'Home!' she spits at him for sounding so patronising. 'Leave me alone, Nick!'

She turns back around and starts her walk, shivering cold. But she'd rather feel the cold wind hit against her than Nicholas' heavy body on her when she tried to push him off her and he refused to budge.

He was sulking as she remembers his mumbled comment. Anger builds up in her chest when she expected him to apologise, but he laughed instead when she swatted his hand away from her hip. It seemed to her like she didn't matter to him as he continued to satisfy himself. That glint in his eyes. It made Bobbi wary. A shiver runs down her spine and a tear falls down her cheek until she wipes it away.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

145 13 12
Adina Rose Brooks was a pretty basic girl. She got good grades, had a great group of friends, and lived a basic American life. Nothing was out of the...
3.8K 153 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...
10.7K 430 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
29.1K 1K 42
Grace Stone was fourteen years old when she got raped by three boys from school. It was her word against them, especially when the father of one of t...