Patience (A Punk Niall Horan...

By breakfastattiffs

Bea Drusilla Verena. A girl on a mission. To survive the summer in Mullingar with her nerdy cousin Shaun, hi... More

Patience (A Punk Niall Horan Romance)
Disclaimer
~One~ It's Bea. Not that hard.
~Two~ Nope. It's Dru actually....
~Four~ Hello Again...
~Five~ Are you coming up short stack?

~Three~ Just call me Dru

855 26 4
By breakfastattiffs

I didn’t see Niall after I exited the plane. Instead I was greeted by my aunt Saffron.

She was wearing a purple scarf draped over her shoulder which matched her purple sandals. Her dress was of an oriental design and over it she was wearing a yellow cardigan. Saffron was known for her kooky sense of style and it just seemed to get crazier as the years went on.

 “Bea my darling!” she exclaimed when she saw me

“Hi Saffy” I replied, after being pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

“How are you my dear? How’s your mother? How’s your father? How’s your brothers?” all these questions were asked quickly and with a smile while we retrieved my two suitcases from the conveyor belt. The smile only faded when Avril’s name came into the conversation

“How’s Avril?” my aunt asked with a blank expression

“I haven’t spoken to her in a long time Saffy. It always seems to end in a fight. And, in my defence, she hasn’t tried to contact me either” I explained

“Oh Bea. You're just as stubborn as your mother” she told me with a small smile

“I’m nothing like my mother” I grumbled, barely audible, while getting into my aunts rusting, purple Skoda.

“You're more like her than you care to think” Saffy said as she pulled onto the main road.

Saffron Hartwell was my mother, Alexandra’s sister. She insisted on everyone calling her Saffy as she thought it made her sound more ‘hip’.

“Francine and Sean are so excited to see you! You’re all the same age so you and Francine will probably have the same group of friends”

You would think it weird that she didn’t mention her own son, Sean , having the same group of friends but I knew better. Sean was the living stereotype of a typical nerd. He never seemed to leave the house, excluding school. He was a computer whiz. He wore thick-lens glasses which seemed to make his acne seem more visible. His typical attire was khaki trousers and plain, coloured polo shirts.

“How are Francine and Sean?” I asked not really caring for the answer

“Well Francine has really been looking forward to your visit and so has Sean. Well Sean wasn’t too bothered with you visiting but you know what he’s like Bea”

‘Yeah I do. He’s odd’ I thought

“You and Francine will get on great. She’s a smashing girl and has a great group of friends. She does really well in school. She comes off a bit forward at first. Well Bea we’re about an hour from home if you want to sleep?”

“I’ll sleep when we get there if that's ok?”

“Sure honey. Francine and I decorated your room so everything is there”

“Oh right. Thanks” and with that I plugged in my iPod and leant my head against the glass pane of the car door.

I awoke to Saffy shaking my shoulder.

“We’re here Bea. You fell asleep about fifteen minutes ago.”

I exited the car and looked around.

There was a green area in front of the house, with a large wooden fence cancelling Saffy’s garden from next doors’. The house was the last in a row of twelve. Number 112.

“Everyone’s out. Francine’s out with friends, Peter’s on a business trip and Sean is at the dentist”

Sometimes the geek will leave its natural habitat in order to maintain its dental hygiene.

Saffy lead the way into the house where I was welcomed with the smell of meat cooking. The house was not big but it wasn’t small either. The hall was cream and seemed to lead straight from the front door to, what I'm guessing was the kitchen. The stairs were to my right and so was a very large sitting room that looked new.

“I’m making lasagne in honour of your visit darling, so if you want to go and settle in and be back down here for, let’s say two? Ok? That damn cat and its damn meowing!   Your room’s the last on the right” she informs me before turning and walking down the hall into the kitchen. I then hear the ‘damn cat’ faintly outside.

Oh Saffy.

I make my way upstairs looking at the family photos that are set on the alcove shelving.

At the end of the hall I turn right into my room for the next three months.

The first thing you see when you enter the room is the window facing the back garden of Saffy’s and the back of a house identical to the one I'm in. Looking down into the garden I can see our garden is mainly grass but with a gravel path leading from what must be the back door directly below my room, turning right, at a sharp ninety degree angle, and leading out through a gate which has been installed inside the 6ft wooden fence that seems to surround every home.

I can see over next door’s fence but only so that the door of their coal shed is visible and the top of their back door.

To the right of my window is my double bed! Yeah baby! In London I had to make do with a single. The bedding is a purple/pink/blue mix with white splatters. At the foot of my bed is a modern, grey loveseat with pink, floral, white and Aztec-print cushions. Perfect for reading!

To the left of the window is a large white desk with a sleek black chair. With a Mac book sitting atop it.

Wow. Peter must be loaded.

On my immediate left is a white dresser which has a make-up mirror on top and four drawers below. Against the left wall is a large wooden wardrobe with brass handles.

This suits me perfectly.

Before throwing my tired body onto the pile of comfort that is my bed, I hang up my black poster inside the frame above it

‘Always be yourself, unless you are a unicorn then always be a unicorn”

I slide my suitcases under my bed and rip off my green parka before throwing it onto my desk chair.

Holy crap on a cracker this is one comfy-ass bed.

I fall asleep for the second time in an hour thinking of my flight and a tattooed, blue-eyed boy.

“It’s so hard you know? Cos’ like I loved him Fanny! I like, really loved him and then I came home to Sofia in my bed. MY BED! With my man! I’m never getting over him Fanny. What we had was too good .No one will ever replace Matthew. He was great in bed too you know? He was like all mysterious and dark everywhere we went and then he turns into some wild animal ripping my clothes off at every chance he gets. I swear Fanny when he went down on me...it was magic. And for his height he has an abnormally large.....”

Before I could hear anymore about this Matthew guy and his package, I turned and covered my head with a pillow and groaned.

Another voice interrupted the drone “Hey, are you awake?”

“Fine Fanny; don’t listen to how I lost the love of my life! Entertain your slutty cousin!”

“Jesus Katy, just leave already! And she’s not a slut. You don’t even know her yet”

“Fine Fanny. I’ll leave! But this friendship is over!”

“Stop calling me Fanny!”

I heard footsteps and my bedroom door close as Fanny let out a sigh.

“What kind of name is Fanny?” I asked her, still keeping my head under the blanket

“What kind of name is Bea?”

This caused my head to pop out from under the duvet “Touché” I awarded her

“I’m Francine, but you can call me Fran. Under no circumstances will you call me Fanny got it?”

“Yeah whatever Fanny” I replied nonchalantly, only to be met with the blonde giving me a deathly glare

“Ok sorry, Fran. I got it. You can call me Dru. It’s just easier”

She was pretty. She had dirty blonde hair and big blue eyes. Her nose was small and freckles dusted her whole face. She was wearing a long navy camisole top and lightwash skinny jeans which I’m guessing was her casual style. Her full lips were glossed, and it was the only makeup I could see on her face apart from the faint bit of mascara that adorned her eyelashes.

“Dru? All right then. How was your flight? Where are your suitcases? I’m guessing you’re like a size eight or ten? The same as me?”

“It was fine thanks. They’re under my bed” I said sitting up, deciding not to mention Niall on the plane.

Fran let out a squeal and pulled the smaller suitcase out first before plonking it on the loveseat and rummaging through it.

“Oh my god! I love everything! Except this” she said, pulling out an oversized green, chequered shirt

“My style is kind of unique Fran” I explain to her

“So is mine but we can mix and match!” she exclaims, pulling out a pair of frayed denim dungarees that I bought in Topshop before I left.

“This for example; what would you wear these with?” she asks holding the denim piece out to me.

I sigh and throw the covers off my body before gently pushing her away from the suitcase and rummaging through it.

“Oh my god! I love everything! Except this” she said, pulling out an oversized green, chequered shirt

“My style is kind of unique Fran” I explain to her

“So is mine but we can mix and match!” she exclaims, pulling out a pair of frayed denim dungarees that I bought in Topshop before I left.

“This for example; what would you wear these with?” she asks holding the denim piece out to me.

I sigh and throw the covers off my body before gently pushing her away from the suitcase and rummaging through it.

“What kind of event am I dressing for?” I ask her.

Ok, fashion is my thing. I revel in creating outfit that will let my personality shine through. It makes it easier letting people see what I'm like through my clothes choices than actually telling them myself. And lucky enough for me I spent the last two summers working my ass off so I could buy the clothes and big brand makeup I wanted.

Yeah, I enjoy makeup and hair too. I’m a girl ok?

I pull out a black, slim fitting, long sleeved-crop top that reaches my bellybutton and a pair of knee high white socks.

“I like that top” exclaims Fran as I smooth it out on the bed, tucking it under the dungaree straps.

“New Look” I say simply shrugging.

“These are so cute!” squeals Fran as she pulls out a pair of paisley-printed Dr.Martens. One of my many pairs.

“What size are you?” I ask her

“I’m a five”

“Same as me. You can borrow them if you like?”

“YES YES YES!” she squeals. I have noticed that Fran doesn’t necessarily say words, but rather squeals.

I proceed to pull out a white, cable-knitted cardigan and my low pink Converse.

“And to finish it off, my pink beanie” I say, setting my beanie on the bed with the rest of the outfit.

“It’s so adorable!”

“Yeah uh-it’s not my best”

“It’s great altogether!”

“Altogether?”  I ask her. What the hell does she mean by altogether?

“Oh, over here we say altogether to like, back up our point sort of. We say like a lot too but not in the annoying American way. And aye means ‘Yes I agree’ or just ‘yeah’. And craic, well you know what that is don’t ya?”

“Umm no I don’t actually”

“Well it means-“

“FRAN, BEA, DINNER!” Saffy’s voice is carried up the stairs, cutting Fran off.

“Yes! We’re having lasagne. Come on Dru!” Fran grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room and down the stairs into the kitchen where Saffy is standing at the island dishing out lasagne.

“Saff, Bea doesn’t wanna be called Bea over here, so just call her Dru ok?” Fran informs her stepmother before sitting down on a tall stool at the island.

“Bea! Why not? Your name is unusual and different!”

“That's exactly it though Saffy, it’s so unusual and different that everyone thinks I'm a freak and Dru is just Drusilla shortened down so it’s not like I'm taking on a whole other persona.” I explain to my aunt.

“Ok then Dru, whatever makes you happy. Would either of you girls like some non-alcoholic Chinese root beer with their lasagne?”

After our dinner, Fran informs me that we’re going to a party tonight and I should dress up.

“Wait what? Where is this party?” I ask her as we make our way upstairs.

“It’s in the next town over but it’s ok, it’s my friend Matthew’s party so you’ll be fine” she explains

“Wait, is this the Matthew that has an ‘abnormally large dot dot dot’” I ask, making air quote signs with my fingers, making Fran crack up laughing

“Yes, i-it’s that Matthew” Fran says, through laughter

I only met this girl for the first time today, and already I like her.

“Anyways Dru, now that we’re on dot dot dot ‘s, are you getting any?”

I choke on the non-alcoholic Chinese root beer Saffy gave me before I came upstairs.

“Wow, well you’re quite upfront aren’t you?”

“Yeah well I'm curious” she explains, as we sit on my bed.

“Well ,no actually. I’ve had a boyfriend before but we broke up because he moved. What about you?” I ask her

Her eyes light up and she sits up straighter, fixing her hair. “Yes, I have a boyfriend and his names Harry. He's amazing at kissing and in general, and he treats me like a queen. He has really curly hair and these amazing green eyes that sparkle when he’s happy....” she blabbers on about how in love she is with this Harry and I only really pay attention when she mentions his group of friends, Zayn, Liam, Matthew, Oliver, Josh, Louis and Niall.

Two things went through my mind when Fran names his mates.

1: Niall? Niall from the plane?

and

2. He was telling the truth about living here then.

Well shit.

*****

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!

Will Bea/Dru meet him again? :O Well obviously Molly...

Anyway, YOU COMMENTED ON THE LAST CHAPTER :D :D 

I am so freaking happy reading them :') Even though there wasn't that many but oh well ;) Thank you if you did comment or vote, hell thank you if you read! 

Anyways, pic on the side is Fran and Harry or Freya Mavor (she's gorgeous) They're my OTP..... They would be so cute together! 

And music from the lovely Katy Perry because I can't get that song out of my head :)

Oh! External link is the outfit Bea creates ;) It's my polyvore and you should check it out because it has outfits for the upcoming chapters and might give you a little hint about whats to come ;) 

Goodbye ya nut,

Molly x

COMMENT FOR SPONGEBOB'S SAKE!

VOTE FOR PATRICK's!

READ FOR BIKINI BOTTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

970K 60K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
161K 3.4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
180K 6.5K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
470K 7.2K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...