Haikyuu x Reader ⇹ One Shots

By midorkima

▷ Thank you for the support all these years. ▷ WARNING: Some of these will contain mature themes. They will b... More

Requests ↠ Updates ↠ Favourites ↠ Covers
Sad Eyes ↠ Kuroo Tetsurou
Casual (1) ↠ Akaashi Keiji ↠
Casual (2) ↠ Akaashi Keiji ↠ NSFW
Unintentional Roommates ↠ Kunimi Akira ↠ NSFW
Tempo ↠ Kageyama Tobio
Flower Picking ↠ Bokuto Koutarou
Wedlock ↠ Tsukishima Kei
Impatient ↠ Haiba Lev ↠ NSFW
Girl ↠ Tanaka Ryuunosuke
Thanks To The Kids ↠ Yamaguchi Tadashi
Butler Cafe ↠ Terushima Yuuji
Nurse ↠ Kyoutani Kentarou
Fall ↠ Oikawa Tooru
Letters ↠ Aone Takanobu
New Years Party ↠ 3rd Gym
Extras ↠ Tsukishima Kei
Bamboo ↠ Ushijima Wakatoshi
New ↠ Yamaguchi Tadashi
Selfish ↠ Tsukishima Kei

Roommate Exchange ↠ Iwaizumi Hajime

49.3K 972 701
By midorkima

"My roommate's boyfriend is staying over, so can I please sleep on your floor?" College AU, because I adore College AUs. HAVE SOME FLUFFF. DISCLAIMER: The OC i mentioned here isn't really my oc lol. I just needed a filler character and did some name randomising and boom.

---

You could not help but slam the door in irritation as you stormed out of you and your roommate's dorm. Well, what was supposedly you and your roommate's dorm.

Nowadays, it seemed as though your roommate's boyfriend, Oikawa Tooru, has become more of a roommate to Anami Reiko than you- considering the fact that since last week ago, every time you stepped into your dorm, you couldn't help how your eyes would instinctively close as to try to shield yourself from the image of the couple sucking faces.

It wasn't that you had anything against your roommate. Reiko was a nice enough girl, and you considered each other as friends, despite a few arguments here and there that you had with her. Your recent argument, however, was about how you couldn't sleep or concentrate with Oikawa always being in your room. She only sighed, wagging a manicured nail.

"We can't stay in his room, though. Last time we tried it, his roommate, Iwaizumi-san, got angry at Tooru-kun."

You wanted to tell her that you were annoyed with them too, to find someplace else to make out, or at least give you a head up when her significant other was visiting.

You didn't have anything against Oikawa. If you got too annoyed, he would apologise the next day. He never bothered you outside the whole roommate make-out the situation, and at least the two of them were never on your bed.

That was, until tonight.

Once you spotted them together, you immediately clutched your bag between your fingers as hard as possible and left, but to where exactly would you go?

You sigh. It would be too much trouble to leave the dormitory at such a late hour, yet you weren't exactly close friends with anyone on your floor.

And then it clicked- if there was anyone who had some spare space at the moment in their room, it was Iwaizumi Hajime.

You see him quite often- usually being placed in the same classes as him. However, you've never actually talked to him outside of any group projects, so you weren't sure how kindly he'd take to your situation.

You knock on his room, trying to calm your nerves when he opens the door with a bit of a scowl on his handsome face. "Oi, Trashykawa, I swear," his eyes then zero in on your face, and his face flushes in embarrassment, "(Y/LN)?"

You smiled bitterly. "Unfortunately for us, your roommate is making out with my roommate, again. Normally I wouldn't get up and tell anyone, but this time they're doing it on my bed." Iwaizumi frowns, visibly irritated.

"Seriously? I can't believe him." You nod.

"They probably didn't notice it was my bed, but I was kinda caught up at the moment I just dashed out the room."

He grumbles to himself, something about kicking Oikawa in the balls tomorrow morning, then he looks at you once more, "So, um, did you need anything, (Y/LN)?"

With an awkward grin, you reply to him, "If it isn't too much to ask a favour from you, of course." He shakes his head.

"Please, it's the least I could do for how Shittykawa has been."

"Right. So, um, this may be a bit awkward, but since my roommate's boyfriend is staying over and all... can I sleep in your room?" You could feel your face briefly turning into a strawberry, "I mean if you don't mind! I can just sleep on the floor or something."

Iwaizumi spends some time thinking, weighing his options, before nodding. You barely notice the tips of his ears going red. "Go in. You can take Tooru's bed, though, since they took yours. I mean, the floor's not exactly a heater, (Y/LN)."

You let out a laugh, "Thanks, Iwaizumi. But you know, sleeping on the floor's probably better than having to hear whatever is going on in my room right now." The spiky-haired man chuckles. It's a pleasing sound to your ears.

Once your bag was set down on Oikawa's bed, you quickly change into your pyjamas in their comfort room. Despite your preparations for sleep, your mind was still awake, filled with thoughts about Iwaizumi.

The guy just lets you sleep in his dorm, even though he and you had not once talked beforehand, outside school work that is. Sure, talking to him, he seemed like the type of person you could get along with easily, but it doesn't mean it wasn't difficult thinking about what to talk to him about.

The least you could do was to familiarise yourself with Iwaizumi- befriend him.

"So, Iwaizumi, how'd you luck out on having Oikawa as a roommate?" You asked, a hint of sarcasm tainting your words.

He gives you a thoughtful look. "Well, the question is how lucky I am to have him as my childhood friend."

You gasp dramatically. "You poor soul," you said, plopping down on Oikawa's bed, "but seriously, how did you handle him for so long?" He shrugs.

"Just a bit of punching and kicking here and there. Honestly, I was so violent with him, especially during high school, but that's mostly his fault. I mean, being late to volleyball practice to flirt with his groupies? Then again, maybe he just needed a better way to rush to practice without being cornered... he's still kinda an ass most of the time, though."

You raise a brow. "What about you? Ever skipped practice to flirt with a fangirl?" He freezes,

"I didn't exactly have any fangirls."

You nearly stand up from the bed. "What! No way, I find that hard to believe. You give off a cool vibe, you know, so I kind of just assumed..." You say it so shamefully, but you were just being truthful. You two were adults now, so you trusted it would be okay to hinder the adolescent-like attitude when it came to such topics.

Iwaizumi's face goes aflame, and if you didn't know any better you would've thought he was coming with a fever. "Then you assumed wrong. People mostly came up to Tooru, not so much me."

You raise an eyebrow, doubting him even further. "Between you and me, I think you just don't notice them. I mean, good at volleyball, muscular, and attractive? This may come as a bit of a shock, but it'd be a miracle if you didn't have any fans of your own," you tell him bluntly.

Based on how much Iwaizumi's face has reddened over the course of seconds, it's crystal clear that he's become very flustered over your words. Strange enough, you feel a giddy sort of pride wash over you for being the very reason he's feeling that way. "W-what about you?"

The subject changes so suddenly, and you're confused. "What about me specifically?"

"I don't know!" He says defensively. The dark haired man then realises how loud he's being, deciding to lower it in an almost apologetic manner. "It's just that we don't really know anything about each other. I don't even know your first name."

A giggle escapes your throat. "It's (Y/FN), and I would like it if you let me know your first name too, Iwaizumi."

"Right. It's Hajime." You smile. Hajime, what a nice name.

"Well then, Hajime, I don't really know what to say. Well, we were in the topic of high school a while ago, so let's continue that. I went to Fukurodani Academy in high school, and would you believe that I was a cheerleader for two years straight?"

He gapes at you, and you can't help but let out a laugh. With the stereotypes of cheerleaders buzzing around, you weren't surprised at his reaction.

When you came into college, you became quieter and more reserved that your roommate had quite a hard time believing someone like you had taken up cheerleading before. You had to show her pictures on your Instagram as proof. "My spandex and cartwheeling days are over though. In my final year I decided that my grades needed to be pulled up more, so I quit to devote more time to studying for uni."

Iwaizumi frowns. "Didn't you miss cheerleading though?"

You thin your lips. "Sure I do, and despite how drama-filled those years were, I miss the girls... but if I feel the need, I can just go do some splits and cartwheels; I'll feel a bit better for the most part."

Hajime sighs. "I don't think just tossing around a ball in the air would be able to relieve me of missing volleyball, though. I haven't played a match in a while and it's been troubling me." A smile rests on your face.

"Maybe you and Oikawa and the other people in your team could meet up and have a match, for old times sake." You barely get to catch the smirk that appears on his face.

"Only if you put on your old cheer uniform and cheer for me." He says it in such a serious tone you almost thought he was serious, and not just teasing you. Your grin widens further, liking how comfortable your conversation is starting to get.

"Right, sure, why not. I'll even call the other girls so the other team can get distracted by our short skirts." Despite him being slightly embarrassed over the suggestiveness of your 'plan', the two of you share a laugh with one another.

"Don't. Knowing my teammates, I guarantee you that a couple of people playing on my own team would get distracted just as much."

As the conversation carries on, you barely notice how fast time had passed. When you let out a yawn for the umpteenth time, you decide to finally check your phone for the time, only to gasp. "It's nearly 1 am already? To think it had just been quarter to eleven moments ago."

Iwaizumi stretches from his bed. "We should probably get some sleep. Don't we have our first class together at 8:30 am?" You let out a hum, as you put the blanket above your body, trying to get comfortable.

"I still regret taking a class so early in the morning," you say softly, rubbing your eyes.

The lights are turned off by Iwaizumi, who gets back into his bed. "Good night, (Y/FN)." You smile, although you know he can't see it. "Good night, Hajime."

You don't know how much time has passed, but you're still shuffling in bed trying to find a comfortable spot or position for you to stay in. "How does Oikawa even sleep on this," your body shivers slightly, "and it's so damn cold, too. The air conditioner is hitting me directly."

You sit up, trying to fluff the pillow one last time when a tired voice calls out to you. "(Y/FN)?" You look to your side, to find Iwaizumi with half-lidded eyes, having just been woken up.

"Hajime? Did I wake you up?" You can't help but feel guilty as he nods.

"Yeah, but don't worry too much about it."

"Why are you still awake, even? You need to sleep." He tells you, and if it were any other time, you would have rolled your eyes at him, and tell him how obvious that was.

"It's uncomfortable in Oikawa's bed, and it's really cold. I'm literally freezing here."

You don't mean to complain since he did offer you a place to stay. In fact, you were just about to accept it and just try to sleep again in hopes your exhaustion will take over your senses. However, your eyes catch him as he shifts his body a bit more to the wall so that there is an empty space beside him on the bed. "Huh?"

Iwaizumi pats the spot beside him. With a red face, he looks at you. "You can... you can sleep beside me... if you want."

Maybe it was the lack of sleep, but you're shell-shocked at his offer. "Haji-"

"But if you don't want to, that's also fine by me. You can just take my bed, and I'll just sleep on the floor or-" You interrupt him as you quickly walk over to him, slowly sitting down on the bed so that you can lie down.

You turn sideways, and you find out just how close your faces are together. It's to the point that you two are already Eskimo kissing, and your lips are but a few inches apart. Being so near him, you can see his features clearer than ever. From his olive-coloured eyes, to how soft his spiky hair actually looks up close.

Your focus is on his warmth, though. His body heat radiates, almost calling out to you; maybe it was your sleepy daze, but you could feel your body ache to have him close to you. Your hand reaches out to caress his cheek.

"(Y/FN)?" Iwaizumi's breath hitches.

"I'm sorry, it's just that you're so warm, Hajime." You murmur, pulling your hand away from his face. His eyes seem to follow your actions, as just as you pull away, he pulls you back to him. His arms hold you to his chest, and you can't help but find comfort in having your head lie on it.

"Comfortable?" You don't know if his question was of concern or to simply tease you, but it didn't matter to you as your eyelids close in exhaustion and in delight in finally being able to find a comfortable position.

"Definitely."

He grins at the top of your hair, but you wouldn't know that. "Sleep," he commanded, and you complied.

"Thanks, Hajime." You smile, as you succumb to slumber. Perhaps an overly romantic roommate with a boyfriend wasn't so bad after all?

When Oikawa steps into his dorm, he does not expect his roommate and long time best friend to be all snuggled up with his girlfriend's roommate.

He's holding her tight against him, their legs quite obviously tangled up with each other. The blanket was now off both of them, and he clearly sees the innocent smiles the two are bearing.

He takes a quick photo on his cellphone and sends it to Iwaizumi,

"If you need a new wallpaper or anything, feel free to save it lol," Oikawa follows up in his message.

Oikawa leaves the room, muttering an unheard apology to (Y/FN), as he heads off to breakfast, leaving the newly found lovebirds alone.

---

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Yay, now that summers here, I can update quicker!

I REALLY enjoyed writing this one. It's refreshing not having to write a 4000 word one shot every once in a while. This is my shortest one yet, not even making it to 2k words, probs bc its fluff. Anyway, I love Iwaizumi. And his arms. And i have a thing for his hair btw.

*i made reader a cheerleader bc i saw a trivia that fukurodani was cheered on by cheerleaders and a band as well, so yeah. wow bokuto, akaashi, etc. you guys have it going.
eskimo kissing is basically when you rub your noses together. it's affectionate and very cute.

---

Status:
Edited, as of April 4, 2018
This part has been published on ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN under berkutie, since April 4, 2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.8K 74
Leave comments of which Haikyuu!! boy you want to read next! WARNING: I do not write lemons/smuts. Please do not request for them because I do not fe...
121K 6.2K 14
𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐦𝐚 𝐱 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 EDITING: @dickdeprived
63.8K 518 17
the title say it and guys if u want some lemonade just tell me😉 anyway ,the boys who r in this book: kageyama oikawa iwaizumi kuroo kenma atsumu osa...
16.7K 503 11
"ɪᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ. ᴀᴍ ɪ?" Oikawa Tooru x male reader Haikyu does not belong to me