The Endless Search for the Pe...

By liwwrites

This is book 2, of The Endless Search for the Perfect Pitch. Previously, Liana Webb had made the US Women's N... More

Chapter 1: MLS SUPERDRAFT
Chapter 2: NWSL Draft Day
Chapter 3: Bowlerama
Chapter 4: New Place, Same Game
Chapter 5: Back to the Basics
Chapter 6: Fresh Start
Chapter 7: Moving Day
Chapter 9: The Hunt is On
Chapter 10: GAME DAY!!
Chapter 11: Switzerland
Chapter 12: Partay
Chapter 13: Tough, Fought Battle
Chapter 14: Algarve Cup Championship
Chapter 15a: When Things Went from Bad to Worse
Author's Note
Chapter 15b: I'm Calling it Quits
Chapter 16: Getcha Head in the Game
Chapter 17: World Cup or Bust
MUST READ!!
Chapter 18: Mother's Day Shenanigans
Chapter 19: I'm So Proud of You
Chapter 20: We'll Bounce Back
Chapter 21: It's Nice to Meet Ya
Chapter 22: We're Goin' to Canada
Chapter 23: One Down
Chapter 24: Lifesaver
Chapter 25: You're a Superstar
Chapter 26: Be Proud of Yourself
Chapter 27: You are Simply Amazing
Chapter 28: We're Goin' to the Ship!
Chapter 29: We Are the Champions
Chapter 30: Third Star
Chapter 31: LA Live Craziness
Chapter 32: I'm Not Ready
Chapter 33: The Newest Member of the Fam
Chapter 34: #MillerPartyof2
READ THIS!!!
Chapter 35: For the First Time
Chapter 36: Hey, I'm Going to be Okay

Chapter 8: Back at Camp

603 15 6
By liwwrites

February 22, 2015

"Aye. Come on Li. You've got to get up. We have a plane to catch." Kelley groaned as she tried to push me off of her. "You're fat I hope you know that?"

"Gee thanks. But I prefer well fed." I said.

"Come on. Get up."

"Kelley I don't want to go to camp. I hate it."

She gave me a nice punch to the abs. "Bullshit. You love camps."

"I did until you know what." I said referring to the Hope incident. We haven't talked since.

"Right. Well let's hope you two can't work your shit out because we have to be together. Come on get your lazy ass up."

"Fine." I said and deliberately used Kelley's body to push myself off the bed.

"Ow. Your 'well-fed' body is suffocating me."

"Hahaha."

"You think you're funny don't you. Huhh?" I nodded. "Yeah? Alright." She said and then lunged at me knocking me to the ground. "Who's funny now?"

I was laying with my back on the carpeted floor. Kelley was laying on top of me. "Still me." I smirked and poked the spot in Kelley's side that I knew was ticklish. I continued to tickle her and she squirmed in my arms.

"Okay. Stoooppppp." She said between laughs.

"I'll stop. All you need to say is two words."

"Please stop."

"Wrong try again." I said and tickled once.

"You suck." She said.

"Not even close." I said and tickled her again so she knew I wasn't messing around. Then I flipped us so I was on the top. I leaned down close by her ear and said, "Try again."

She reached up by my ear. "You win." She said with a husky voice. I knew as soon as she said that my pupils went wide. Her voice was enough to make anyone's go wide.

"Kelley." I let out a soft moan. "We can't do this."

"Why not?"

"Because I have a fiancé."

"Fine." She said and slipped from underneath my arms.

We got ready in silence. Kelley was enough to make anyone, men or women, mad. And living with her for a month, I got caught in her spell.

"Kelley." I said. And walked behind her. "Look-"

"You don't have to say anything. It was my fault." She said and turned around to face me. "I'm sorry." He warm breath hit my neck as I looked down at her.

"I'm sorry too. Friends?" I asked.

"Best friends." She said and wrapped me in a big hug. I wrapped my arms around her. "Come on. We have a plane to catch." She said and grabbed my hand as we ran out the door with our bags.

"Bye Lovers!" Sam yelled from the porch.

"We aren't lovers, Sam!" I yelled.

"Okay sure you're not." Cait followed.

"See you two soon!" Kelley yelled.

I opened the passenger door for Kelley and loaded the bags in the back seat before hopping in the driver's side.

"Alright. Let's roll." I said and rolled down my window.

We pulled into the airport and made our way in. We were heading out to Carson. We'd make a layover in Colorado and then head over to Cali. We checked our big bags and brought with us one carryon. We found our gate and sat in front of the windows.

We boarded and took our seats by the window. After we took off I pulled my MacBook out. Kelley had graciously downloaded 5 movies with my card.

"I wanna watch Pitch Perfect." Kelley begged.

"Alrighty." I found my headphone jack that allowed two pairs of earbuds.

We watched Pitch Perfect until we fell asleep. I woke up as we landed and Kelley was still asleep. I gently nudged her to wake her.

Once we got off the plane we went straight to our next flight. This flight was only a few hours. We stayed busy catching up on life.

"So. You ready for your bid day?" Kelley asked me.

"I'd say so. Mentally I am ready but in terms of preparation, nothing is ready." I said and laughed.

"Yeah I guess so. How's it coming though?"

"It's coming. I've gotten some of the table decorations figured out." Kelley gave me the look that she wanted to see. "I take it you want to see what I have?"

"Yes please."

I took out the binder of wedding preparation. It was split into different sections: layout, ceremony decorations, dresses, suits, flowers, reception decorations, DJ playlist, table decorations, cakes, and take home goodies.

"It's all under its category. You can look at it all. I don't mind." I said and handed the binder to her.

"Well you look pretty organized."

"Had to be." I said.

"Dude your playlist looks good." She said skimming the pages.

"Thanks. I figured I'd let some of you guys add some."

"Oh boy!"

"I thought I'd let the team get a little influence."

I let Kelley take a look at the rest of the ideas. I wanted a decently simple wedding. But learning now, weddings are extremely pricy and stressful leading up to the day.

"What are you planning for pictures?" She asked a few minutes later.

"Well I am for sure hiring a videographer. And I hope I can get some good lighting. I figured we'd try and get sunset pictures."

"Are you going to change your dress?"

"Yes. I hope for a shorted one."

"Smart. Where are you honeymooning?"

"Well I figured I'd wait until there is a break. See what weeks are available. And go from there."

"Oh."

"You can look more at this later. We're about to land." I said. Kelley handed me the binder back and I shoved it into my backpack.

Once we landed in California we headed for the taxi. We all were staying at a Marriott. I handed the taxi driver the address and we were off. Neither one of us knew who was already here. I really hoped we were one of the firsts. I didn't really want to see Hope right away and I wanted to settle in. Maybe take a nap. Maybe eat. Maybe do nothing. I just didn't want to see Hope. It's not that I was scared; I wasn't. I just didn't know how I'd react or how she'd react.

"Thank you." I said and tipped the taxi driver and grabbed my bags along with some of Kelley's. I didn't really know who's I grabbed.

We walked in to the hotel lobby. I went straight for the receptionist.

"How can I help you?" She asked.

"Uh yes. Do you know where Jill Ellis might be? We're with the national team." I explained.

"Yeah. She's in the conference room."

"Thank you." I said and headed that way.

Kelley followed close behind. As we got closer and closer to the open doors of the conference room I could see only the staff. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Relax. You guys will be fine." Kelley said. I nodded and walked in.

Coach smiled when she saw us. "Kelley. Liana. You two are early." She said.

"Yeah. We like it that way." Kelley said.

"I take it you're here for your room."

"Yeah." I quickly said trying to speed up the process before anyone else arrived.

"You in a hurry?" She asked.

"Kinda. We're both tired from the flight." I said. It wasn't fully true but it wasn't lying. We were tired.

"Okay. You two are together in room 514. Here's your keys." She said and handed me the pair.

"Thanks coach. When's the first training?" I asked eager to get back with the team.

"Well I was thinking light field session and weights tomorrow. Recovery tonight. Some team bonding."

"Okay great. Can't wait."

"See ya, Coach."

"Bye ladies."

Kelley and I found the elevator and headed up. We found our room and I unlocked the door. We pretty much threw out stuff in the floor right as you walk in.

"Come on let's get out of here." I said and picked up my long board that I had brought with me.

"I thought you were tired."

"Yeah you did. I really am not. I just don't wanna see-"

"Yeah I know. Hope. You know you're gonna have to face it. It feels weird."

"I know. Shake it off. She'll come around." She said and playfully nudged my head.

"Do you think I was out of line?"

"No. You did good."

"I know and I'm not usually one to run away from problems. It feels weird."

"You're okay. She'll come around." She said. "You comin?" She asked halfway out the door.

"Yeah." I grabbed my long board, Ray Bans and my favorite SnapBack. It was a North Carolina one with a Hawaiian brim. I ran after Kelley.

"Bout time." She said as I ran into the elevator.

"Where we headin?"

"I was thinking just down the streets."

"Okay."

We got off the elevator and ran into Tobin, Alex, Ash and Ali.

"Headin out so soon?" Ali asked.

"Yeah my and the big bad keeper aren't on great terms." I said.

"Oh. Gee thanks what does that make me? Chopped liver?" Ash said.

"Ashlyn." Ali hissed.

"No. Ash. Hope and I just aren't clicking. Me and you click. We're fine. You're easier to get along with. I don't have to try to have fun, it just comes. With Hope it's different."

"I understand." She said.

"It's a nice board." Tobin said. She held her hand out and I gave it to her. "When'd you get it?"

"Back before college." I said.

"Dang."

"I broke my favorite one. I told you the story didn't I?" I asked.

"Yeah you pulled a Tobin." Alex said. Tobin gave her a disapproving look. "It's true."

"Wait what?" Ali asked.

"It was early one morning. I was heading off to an 8 o'clock class and I was in the middle of the road. It was foggy and dark and I didn't see the car. I jumped out of the way but the car ran over my board." I explained.

"I did the same thing." Tobin piped up.

"You two need to be careful." She said.

"We will." I said. "You comin Kel?" I asked taking my board from Tobin.

"Yeah." Kelley followed me out.

We walked out and sure enough she was in the parking lot.

"Li-" She yelled.

I immediately dropped my board and sped off. I had no idea where I was going.

"Li! Where are you going?" Kelley asked behind me. She was trying to keep up.

"I don't know. I just don't wanna see her."

"Just slow down. She didn't follow you."

I slowed down until I was stopped. I stepped on the edge of my board to bring it to my hand. I picked it up and held it horizontally between the two pairs of wheels.

"Why did I run. I'm so stupid. Damnit." I said and threw my board in the grass. I plopped down in the grass. I just laid there for a while. "I'm so stupid."

"No you're not. You're afraid. You're afraid to lose her."

"Yeah. I am." I said. I brought my hands up to my face and covered most of my face. "Kel what do I do?"

"Uhh, I'd blow off some steam before you go and talk to her."

"Good idea." I said and got up. I put my board on the sidewalk and started riding. I was going slow so Kelley could keep up.

"Where are you going?"

"To blow off some steam." I said.

"Yeah but you're going the wrong way."

"I know. I'm going to get a ball and find a field. You wanna come?"

"No. I'll stay back at the hotel if you don't mind."

"Yeah that's fine."

We got back to the hotel and ran up the stairs. I grabbed my ball from my room. I changed into training pants, a USA tank, a quarterzip, and a pair of indoor cleats. Then I threw my hair in a messy bun and walked out.

"I'll be back Kel." I said.

"Okay. Don't get abducted."

"Gee thanks for bringing up something I hadn't thought of." I said.

"Sorry. Just be careful. Okay?"

"Okay. Here if I'm not back in an hour come and find me. I'll text you if I'm going to be a little late. But I'll text when I'm coming. Okay?"

"Okay. Don't hurt yourself. Love ya."

"I won't. Love you too. See ya in a few." I said before I opened the door to the stairwell.

I flew down the five flights. Then I ran outside to catch a cab. After I waved one down I gave the driver the address to our practice field. I tipped him and then left.

I headed out onto the pitch. I took in all the sights and sounds before starting. I started with juggles and quickly moved on to shooting. I hit the crossbar like three times in a row.

"Ugh.." I groaned aloud.

"Crossbar sucks like a bitch doesn't it?" The voice was unmistakable.

I looked over and saw her. She was standing by the fence with her gloves in hand. "What are you doing here?"

"Same as you- blowing off seam." She said. Then she hopped the fence and put her gloves on.

"I-" I started to say something but she cut me off.

"Not here. Ball me."

I passed her the ball before she punted it half way down the field.

"What the hell was that for." I yelled.

"Go get it." She said.

I didn't argue because that wouldn't help the situation, so I went and got the ball. I dribbled down the field and approached the 18'. There I released and let a left footed shot fly. It went left upper 90 but Hope easily snatched that one and brought it down.

I ran out knowing she would probably make me fetch. And she did. She punted another time but this time not as far. I was able to trap the ball and take off. I was able to put a curve on the ball so Hope wasn't able to read the shot. The ball hit the back of the net.

"Solo dives left but the ball goes right. Ahhh! Liana Webb scores the winning goal!! Ahhhh!" I yelled like the commentators would. "A brilliant finish by a terrific player. So much class. So much skill." I could tell I was pissing her off. I thought I was a goner but she was actually smiling a little.

I ran back out and she kicked me the ball. From right where I stood I ran to meet the ball and launched it. I caught her off guard and it flew low corner.

"Okay now that was pure luck." She huffed under her breath but I was still able to hear.

"I'm calling it a day." I said and picked up my ball. I walked to get my phone. "Comin?"

"Yeah."

I called for a taxi and they came to pick us up. It was dead silent. We both weren't speaking. I knew there was hope for us because we had a lot of fun out there.

I gave the taxi an address for a coffee shop close by. "I'm going to get coffee for Kel. Hope that's okay."

"Sure."

I quickly called Kelley.

"Hey. Where you at?"

"I'm going to get our coffee."

"Sounds good. See ya in a few."

I hung up and then tipped the cab driver on the way out. I ordered our coffees and sat down to wait. Hope got hers too. We looked like an awkward couple. We weren't talking. We were both just on our phones.

I was playing FIFA 16 when I saw a snapchat notification from "MY KEEPER💜⚽️." I smiled knowing she had something to say about someone in the shop. I tapped it and opened it. It said, "that kids is checkin you out."

I took a picture of my face and said, "eww happily taken."

She said. "I think I should let him know." She got up.

"She was being serious." I thought.

I too got up and grabbed Hope's arm to turn her around. "What are you doing?"

"I'm grabbing our coffees." She said.

She totally played me. I was pretty salty about it too. We walked back to the hotel.

"I played you so good Webb." She sent.

"Shut the eff up Solo." I sent back.

We got to the hotel and I went straight to Kelley.

"Here Kel." I said and handed her her coffee.

"Thanks."

"Sure."

"You seem flustered." Kelley said. "I know what happened. Hope texted me."

"Oh."

"It's okay. She understands why you're upset."

"Alright. I'm getting ready for training." I said dropping the topic.

"Loser." Kelley mumbled under her breath.

"Huhh? What was that?"

"You heard me, loser."

"Oh. It's on." I said and tackled her into the bed.

"Li!"

I was straddling her as I threw punch after punch, on the bed beside her of course. I eventually gave up and laid down right on top of her.

"I win." I said in her ear.

"In your dreams." She said and flipped us so that she was over me. Then she dropped her arms so all her body weight landed on me.

"Oof." I gasped.

"Gotcha." She said and rolled off me and off the bed. Then she threw what I assumed were my training clothes on my face. "Get ready."

"Yes ma'am." I said. I stood up and saluted her. I stripped down into a neon yellow Nike sports bra and black Nike Pros.

"Hubba hubba." Kelley said causing me to laugh.

"Shut up." I said and threw my tshirt I had just taken off at her.

I continued to get ready. I threw my hair in a loose pony tail and put my training shoes on. "You know it's just recovery." I said. "And we have an hour."

"So? Your point is?"

"There is none." I said defeated.

"Yeah. Chop chop."

"What an I gonna do?" I said out of the blue.

"What?"

"About Hope."

"Oh. I don't know."

I continued to mess around on my phone. It was pointless really. I kept refreshing the page thinking something would pop up but nothing did.

"She wasn't at a bar." Kelley said.

"Wait. What?!" I sat my phone down on the night stand and sat up.

"She wasn't at a bar." Kelley repeated.

"Oh shit."

"She was at the airport. She was trying to book her next flight to New Jersey. She couldn't stand being away from you. She was in line when she called you. She was calling to ask where you were. But when you told her to leave she went with it and drove home."

"How do you know this?"

"She called me late that night. You were out cold so I got up and talked to her."

"Now I feel even worse. I'll have to talk to her after recovery."

"Hope's a really sweet person. The media makes her the way she is. They constantly attack her and that's hard for her to handle. That's why she puts up so many walls. Li, you're closer to her than any of us. Not even Carli or me are as close as you two. Me and Hope were kind of like us, but not as close. But I know her. Carli sees too. When you came I immediately took you as my best friend, basically leaving Hope in the dust. She was okay with that though. She took after you in a different way. Hope looked to protect you more than befriend you. She wants to do anything for you that makes you happy. She wants you to be happy; she hates seeing you sad. And she really hates when are mad at her."

"Kel, I'm not mad. I'm offended." I corrected.

"Oh. Okay. Well she hates when you won't talk to her. That's besides the point. Ugh. Li you suck I was on a roll." She said.

"Sorry." I said. "You were talking about Hope's feelings."

"Ugh! You broke the mood." She groaned. "Wait. I remember. She's hurting too. She had a lot of fun today. You're the little sister she has always wanted to look after. You get where I was going with this?"

"Yeah. Talk to her after dinner."

"Don't tell her I told you all that stuff. She'd get pissed. See there are like 5 walls before you reach her heart. You are there. I am only past the 4th. She doesn't exactly like to show her feeling if you didn't notice."

"Yeah I won't. Thanks for letting me know though. How is she? Like really?"

"She's struggling. Her and Jerramy aren't exactly on the same page right now." Kelley told me.

"Oh. Gotcha. Well I'll see what I can do."

"Okay. You ready to head out?"

"Yeah let's go." I said. I grabbed my phone and followed her out the door.

We made our way down to the lobby. Hope was busy talking with Carli but she gave me a small smile when she saw me walk in. Tobin and I were busy playing 1v1. The goals were between Hope and Lauren and between Ash and Kelley. We thought it was a good idea to make goals moving objects. They continued to move before actually figuring out what we were doing.

I stole the ball from Tobin and took off to my goal, Hope and Lauren. I performed and elastico but Hope moved at the last second so I ran into her and didn't score. Her fast reactive keepers' hands caught me as soon as I hit her.

"Oompf." I let out.

"Hey."

"Hi." I said.

"Better watch out. I might not be there next time."

"I would've scored if you weren't." I pointed out.

"And I would've been cheering." She smiled.

"Thanks." I said. "For catching me."

"Anytime kiddo. I've got your back."

I walked back to Tobin. She was juggling now. I joined until Coaches came in.

"Alright. You know the drill."

And we were off. Kelley and I went and did a pool session just to warm the legs up. Sitting on a plane for hours was killer on the legs. We went and did yoga too. After the recovery time we showered and got ready for dinner. We were all going out as a team to a statehouse.

"What are you wearing?" Kelley asked.

"Ehh probably sweats." I said and fell on my bed.

"No way!" Kelley yelled as she slapped my stomach. "Ouch."

"Yeah that's what you get when you slap these rock hard abs." I said and smirked.

"Shut up." She said and slammed a pillow in my face. Then she stopped. "No really, what are you wearing?"

"Probably some black skinnys and a white V-neck. Some flip flops and a SnapBack."

"Classic." She said. "Well I'm wearing some skinny jeans and a red plaid flannel. Some tennies."

"I didn't ask."

"Jerk!"

"No. It'll look great, Kel. You'll look great." I said.

"Aww thanks Li!"

"Anytime."

"You gonna get ready?"

"Why you always askin me that?"

"Because you never have seem stressed about outings." She said.

"Well that's because I've been around Tobin too much and because it's just the team. They know us. We goof off."

"That is true."

"I'll getting ready now." I said. I got up and started to change. I stripped and pulled on my skinny jeans. I was hopping around the room trying to pull them over my goddamn thighs. "Ugh!!" I yelled.

"I'm sure the guests downstairs aren't appreciating the ruckus you're making."

"I can't get them on, just kidding." I said as I was able to pull them all the way up. I then took off my tshirt and found the white V-neck to put over my sports bra. I found a black tonal New York Giants SnapBack. "Dang it." I said as I noticing my bright yellow sports bra showing through my white tshirt.

"Ha! That stinks."

I took off my shirt and changed into a black Nike sports bra. Not much better but I wasn't going to wear a real bra.

"That's better." Kelley said.

"Eww you perv. Quit looking at my boobs." I said and covered my chest and threw a pillow at Kelley.

"Hahaha. You're funny. You ready?"

"Yeah let's go."

We headed down to the lobby. Tobin and Alex were sitting on the couch. Hope was in the love seat. Kelley ran and sat beside Tobin leaving the open seat with Hope.

"Lil bitch." I whispered in Kelley's ear as I walked bast her to Hope. "Can I?"

"Of course." She said.

I sat. She sat. We all sat. No one talked. No one moved. We were the most awkward group of friends ever. Finally Carli came and broke the awkwardness. We left once the team was all here. The vans took us to the steakhouse.

We paraded in and sat at a long table. The 20 some of us all sat where we normally would sit. Kelley to my right and Ali on my left tonight.

"Yo! Moe! How's the life down there?!" Tobin yelled down to the youngster at the end of the table.

"Tobin!" Alex hissed. "We're in public."

"Oh." Tobin said. "Yo Moe! You look lonely!" Tobin whisper yelled. Alex just rolled her eyes at her best friends childish antics.

Dinner was good. The food was good and the company was better. We headed back. I knew I needed to talk to her.

I walked up behind her when we were inside the hotel. I gave her a little nudge. "Hey stranger." She said. She smiled and gave me a side hug.

"Hey."

"Look if you aren't ready you don't-" she started.

"I'm ready. Can we talk?"

"You know my answer. Come on. We can chill by the pool." Hope said and led me that direction.

We took a seat at the edge and hung our feet in the water. I rolled my jeans up to my knee; Hope did the same.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to flip. If I would have known." I decided to put my hair in a messy bun.

"That's besides the point. The point is I went off on you because I was stupid. I was out of mind and I was so lost without you. I wanted to see you so bad. I wanted to know you were okay. I'm so sorry. I know you're on my side. And I was wrong to say that. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. You're probably the best thing that's happened to me."

"I'll always forgive you. I missed you." I said.

"I missed you too." Hope said and wrapped me in a hug.

"I hope you left your phone over on the table." I said. I took my shirt off just because I had a sports bra on.

"I did. Why?" I reacted right after 'I did.' I pulled both me and Hope into the pool. The why because muffled.

I surfaced and started to laugh. "Your face." I kept laughing.

"Thanks for the warning."

"Oh come on. I took my shirt off."

"I though you were just trying to be cocky." She said.

"I asked if you left your phone on the table."

"I though you might have wanted a picture."

"I gave you decent warnings."

"True."

"I just though you need a little fun."

"Okay sure." She said. She took her shirt off as well and put it outside the pool. "You know I always wondered, why are you so good at making real friends?"

"Woah there. I wouldn't say good at it. I defiantly have struggled. Making friends here was easy. But at school not so much. I had Ben and Reagan that went to school with me. I had more from other schools but I never saw them that often. So making friends was hard."

"Don't answer the question."

"Okay. Well. I guess I am able to pick out the good ones. I can always tell who will stay by how we talk. If its a hi and bye conversation then it won't last long but if we talk about things in the future, it'll be a good one." I said. "Make sense?"

"Yeah." She said.

"Dude look!" I said and smacked Hope's chest.

"Ow. What?"

"Shooting star. Look at it! It's so pretty."

"Yeah it is." I glanced up at Hope who was looking at me.

"You dog." I said and splashed her with water.

"Oh it's on." She said and shoved a big wave in my face.

I swam to the other end of the pool. Hope was on my tail. I turned around and splashed her. I wasn't top dog at this game. She was able to generate a lot more force than I was. Then she lunged at me and grabbed me.

"Okay okay. You win." I said. Her hold loosened but she didn't let go.

"You're a goob." She said and laughed.

"But you love this goob." I said and smiled.

"Yeah. I really do. I missed you kid." She said.

"I missed you too." I swam to the side and climbed out.

"Where are you going?" Hope asked at the edge of the pool.

"To call Kelley. I wanna play chicken. And I want shorts."

"Oh gotcha."

I dried my face and hands before I dialed Kelley's  number.

"Hey. Where are you?"

"We're at the pool. Come down and bring enough people for chicken. And bring me some spandex."

"Okay boss. I'll be down in a few."

"Peace out homie."

She hung up. "She'll be down."

"Okay. You're on my team." Hope said. "I think you can get on my shoulders."

"Whatever. I just wanna win."

"Okay who's ready to lose!" Ash said as she and the gang came through the doors.

"Here." Kelley said and threw my spandex at me.

"Thanks." I said and changed.

"Let's do this."

Alex was obviously teamed up with Tobin. I was with Hope. Kelley chose HAO. JJ was with Press. Klingenmoe was a thing. And Ash and Ali were a no brainer. I climbed on Hope's shoulders. We were the tallest pair and Moe and Kling were the shortest.

"Alright game on."

"Go Li go." Hope yelled. I was currently going at it with Kling. I was successfully able to knock her off.

We ended up winning that round. The second round Hope lost to Kelley saying she couldn't knock her off because she was Kelley. I just rolled my eyes at that comment. I was able to win the next being the bestest friend and full on shoving Kelley off of HAO. Ash won the next with Ali. And Tobin finally one one. Moe was about to get a win. And so was Christen. We called it a day.

"Alright. That was fun." I said.

"Yeah. So can we just chill here?" Moe asked.

"I'm just gonna stay until we get kicked out." I said.

"You rebel." Christen said.

"Well look who I've been hanging out with." I said. "No offense." I added.

"Hey!" Hope said at first. "Ehh, none taken."

"Chris, didn't we have a huge bag of fruit and stuff in our room?" Tobin asked.

"Uhh yeah. Why?" Christen asked.

"I'm gonna go get it. I'm hungry." Tobin said.

"Ugh. You're always hungry." Alex said. "I actually have food now that you are rooming with Press."

Rooming was a little different. I was still with Kelley and I was grateful for that. Julie was with Ali instead of Christen. Hope was with HAO. Ash and Ash roomed together. And Klingenmoe was still a duo.

"Shut up Alex." Tobin said and walked out of the pool.

"So, have you solidified a date for Kenzie's game?" HAO asked.

"Umm, yeah. I think May 17th. It's agains Mexico." I replied.

"That'll be a good one." Ali said.

"How is she?" Julie asked.

"She's doing pretty well. I talked to her before I left. The treatment is rough but she's a trooper."

"That's good." Moe said.

"I brought food!" Tobin yelled. She sat the bad of fruit in the table.

"Tobin shut up! We're trying to stay out here." Christen scolded.

"Sorry." Tobin said not caring.

"Yo. You bring food but we're all in the pool. The food is over there. You see my problem?" Kelley asked.

"Yeah. You can bob for apples." Tobin said and dumped the bag in the pool.

"Tobin." Alex whined. Tobin just shrugged her shoulders.

I swam and grabbed an orange. "Hey Hope." I said and threw the orange at her. I corralled the other floating fruits and sat them on my tshirt.

We passed the orange well past midnight. We were all having so much fun. It was the majority of the team. We all grew a little closer that night.

"Alright. It's late. Let's get out of here." Alex said.

We all got out of the pool. Most of the fruit was thrown away because of Tobin.

"Kel I'll be up in a sec." I said. Hope stayed behind. I walked over to her. "Hey."

"Hey." Hope said. She laughed a little as she wrung out her shirt. "This is thanks to you, for pulling me in."

"Sorry not sorry." I said.

"I just love you." She said. She wrapped me in her arms. "Never change. Never grow up."

"Love you too." I said.

"Come on. I'll walk you up."

Hope and I walked up to my room.

"Sleep well. I'll see you in the morning." She said.

"Goodnight keep. Love you bunches." I said.

"Love you too." Hope said. She started to walk to her room.

I gave her a hug before unlocking my door. I walked in and peeked my head out the door to see if Hope got into her room. She knew I was watching her. She peeked her head out her door. We both smiled big and laughed. I went inside to Kelley.

"You guys make up?" She asked.

"Yeah. I feel much better."

"Good. Now dry off and come to bed." She said.

I changed my bra and spandex. I put on a pair of sweats and a tshirt. Then I hopped in bed with Kelley.

"Love ya."

"Love you too." I said.

I was almost asleep when I felt a poke in my stomach. "Li. You still awake?" Kelley whispered.

"I am now, Kel. Go to sleep." I said annoyed.

"Okay." She whispered back.

She had been keeping me up until she was asleep. I had yet to ask her about that. I was relieved when she finally fell asleep. It was way past 1:30am when I was able to fall asleep. Kelley defiantly came with pros and cons. I loved her though. She's my best friend, my partner in crime and my maid of honor. What more could she be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 102 29
It's been 5 months since the World Cup. Alex and Tobin are planning their wedding, preparing for the day they go to court with Andy, and thinking abo...
371K 11.9K 85
Keegan has been through way too much in her 30 years of life. She's been through a war, moving from a war torn country to America, playing football i...
650K 15.1K 96
11 years. It's been 11 years since Astrid's seen her twin in person, but when the USWNT has an injury crisis Astrid is called up. What will happen wi...
208K 4.1K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...