LIMERENCE ⇢ BENNY WEIR

By -jonathanbrandis

limerence /ˈlɪmɪrəns/ the initial exhilarating rush of falling in love. More

prologue
u should read this thx
lawn of the dead
three cheers for evil
friday night frights
blue moon
blood drive
doug the vampire hunter
guys and dolls
jilly putty
smells like trouble
die, pod!
the brewed
jesse's girl
welcome back dusker [part 1]
welcome back dusker [part 2]
say you'll be maztak
fanged and furious
flushed
benivia date
jockenstein
mirror/rorrim
sleepover
village of the darned
hottie ho-tep
siren song
halloweird
10k !!!
independence daze
"i love the things you hate about yourself."
the date to end all dates [part 1]
the date to end all dates [part 2]
instagram
end of book
important pls read ily

3 geeks and a demon

5.2K 127 27
By -jonathanbrandis

"So, are you planning on cuddling close to Ethan tonight?" Olivia joked to Sarah. She rolled her eyes. "You know I don't like Ethan in that way."
"But he does." She smirked.

"Yeah, well, you focus on cuddling up with your nerdy boyfriend who'll be whispering the whole dialogue to himself because he loves the film that much." Sarah replied, ringing the doorbell to Ethan's house.
Olivia laughed.

Jane opened the door. "Ethan, your babysitter's here!" She called to him.

Ethan and Benny walked into the hallway. "Hey, guys." Sarah smiled.
"Hi." Ethan answered.

Benny went up to Olivia and put his arm around her waist, pulled her closer and kissed her temple. "Hey, are you excited for the film?"

"You mean excited to hear you whisper the whole dialogue to yourself?" Olivia giggled. Benny rolled his eyes. "You'll understand one day when you find a film you love that's better than an amazing film like this one."

"Look at you all dressed up for the senior prom! Nice suit." Sarah said to Ross.
"Check it out! Miami vice, stylish." Benny complimented.
"Freeze turkey." Ross said, holding his arm out and shaping his fingers into a gun, pointing it at Benny.

Benny held up his hands and grinned a toothy grin - one that Olivia loved.
"Woah! Look out!"

"Ethan's mom thought it would be fun if we wore the same things we wore to our senior prom." Ross then began to explain to Olivia.

"I think it's really cool that you two are chaperoning the senior citizen's prom." Sarah said.

"Oh! Senior prom!" Benny repeated. "I just got that!" His grin fell from his face once he realised his grandma was going. As if on que, she opened the door. "So, who's ready to party?"

"Grandma! You look-"
"Hot!" Ethan finished.
Benny glared at him.

"Thank you, sweetie! You look at little surprised, dear. Can't a grandma get her groove on?"

Benny's cheeks went bright red and Olivia laughed.
"I have no idea how to answer that..."

Ethan's mom then walked down the stairs in a blue, floral dress. "Okay! So, what do you think?" She asked everyone. "This is the exact same dress I wore for my senior prom!"

"It's a little 1981, isn't it?" Evelyn replied.
"Yes, I know. That's the point..."

"Mom, I bet it looked great thirty years ago." Ethan said to her.
"Yeah, grandma could lend you something out of her closet!" Benny chipped in.

"Okay, maybe I should change." Samantha said, turning to the staircase.

"I think it looks great, Mrs Morgan." Olivia complimented.
"Yes! And besides, I don't wanna miss the vote for prom queen; I'm the 3 to 1 favourite! Let's drop it like it's hot!" Evelyn said, excitedly.

Benny raised an eyebrow. Samantha turned to Olivia. "Well, thank you, Olivia."
Olivia smiled.

"And when did this happen?" She asked, pointing to the couple, grinning.
"Oh!" Olivia laughed. "Benny and I? Not long ago... I guess-"
"Tell me all about it sometime!" She grinned.

"My mom is treating you like you're her new best friend or something." Ethan whispered to Olivia.
She chuckled. "I'm sure she's just being kind."

The three then left the house and said goodbye. As soon as the door shut Ethan looked at his watch. "Okay, Jacuzzi Time Machine starts in t-minus 2 minutes."

"We'll get the drinks." Benny said, pointing at himself, and then Olivia.

"I'll get the popcorn." Sarah said.
"Can I stay up late tonight?" Jane asked.

"If you promise not to tell your parents that we're letting you watch Jacuzzi Time Machine." Sarah replied.

"Deal." Jane grinned.

***

The group turned off all the lights and sat down. Jane wanted Olivia to sit beside her so she did, Benny plopped himself down next to Ethan. "Hey, that's my spot!" Sarah said.

"I always sit beside Ethan on movie night! Olivia come sit with me!" Benny said, ushering for Olivia to join them.

Olivia turned around and gave Benny the look. "Oh! I get it! You two wanna canoodle!" Benny said, grinning.

"No, we don't!" Sarah argued.
"As if!" Ethan agreed. "Canoodling is the absolute last thing I would wanna do... well, you know, not like, the last thing in the world..." Ethan said, trying to save himself.

"Smooth." Olivia whispered to Jane, who laughed.

Ethan hit Benny's leg and he got up. "Alright!" He walked over to Olivia. "Get up." He ordered.

Olivia laughed. "What, why?"

Benny groaned. "What I have in mind is much better than us uncomfortably sat on the floor since someone kicked me off the couch." He indirectly said to Sarah and Benny.

She rolled her eyes and got up. Benny placed down two pillows and sat down next to Jane. He opened his legs and patted the empty spot. Olivia smiled. "You're right, that is a lot more comfy."

She sat down in the space between Benny's legs and leaned back onto him, resting her head in between his shoulder and the crook of his neck.
"Ew, couples!" Jane grimaced.

Within about five seconds of the show, they heard a loud crash on the roof, followed by a groan. The screen then went fuzzy. "No!" They all shouted.

They then heard someone yelling and the person hit the floor. "I've really got to work on my roof landing!"
"Rory!" Olivia growled.

***

"My favourite part is coming up!" Benny announced to his bored friends, who were sat the table, playing with their food.

"How do you know? It's all static?" Sarah asked him.

"Because we're 92 minutes in!" Benny answered, as if she just asked him the dumbest question on Earth.
"He knows the entire movie off by heart." Ethan sighed.
"So you weren't over-exaggerating." Olivia said to Sarah.

Sarah nodded. "That's really pathetic."
"I'm so bored!" Rory whined. He was lying down on the kitchen table, throwing a tennis ball into the air and catching it repeatedly.

"Hey! If you hadn't knocked out the satellite dish, we'd all be enjoying Jacuzzi Time Machine right now!" Benny yelled at him, his eyes still locked on the static screen.

"Do you think grandma's making out with her boyfriend right now?" Jane asked.

Everyone gave Jane a disgusted look. "Ew..." Benny said, mentally scarred.

"Don't you have some cards?" Olivia asked.
"My parents might have some old board games in the basement." Ethan answered.

***

"Okay, we got Mathalot Village," Olivia began.
"Took much math." Benny said, shaking his head.

"Word Strike?"
"Requires spelling - for anything in the nice non educational flavour?" Benny answered.

"Woah! Check this out!" Ethan said, taking out a dusty box. "Spirit Speaker!"

"Host the Seance and make contact with the spirit world!" He blew away the dust, causing everyone else to cough and splutter.
"Now we're talking!"

"What's a seance?" Rory asked.
"It's like a ritual conducted to make contact with spirits." Ethan explained.
"Dead spirits!" Sarah corrected.

Olivia nodded. "I'm out. I don't think we should mess with it, especially in Whitechapel."

"What's the big deal? It's just a board game." Benny shrugged.
"It's what it represents that scares me!" Sarah answered.

Ethan sighed. "Come on! Just one little game?"
"Unless you're scared." Benny grinned, nudging his girlfriend's arm.
"Uh, let's just remember who saved you and Rory from the monster who left you two screaming like girls?!" Olivia scoffed.

"Aren't we chickens?" Sarah joked, making chicken noises. "Jane, Olivia and I are gonna play dress up."

Olivia nodded and took hold of Jane's hand. "Try not to make a mess."

***

"No! I left my drawing of Debbie Dazzle downstairs in the kitchen!" Jane groaned. "I need that so I know how to dress her!"

Olivia got up and smiled. "I'll get it - I'll see what dork #1, #2 and #3 are up to on my way."

She jogged down the stairs and saw Rory sat on his own around the board. Lamps were floating and all the candles the boys had lit had gone out.

"Rory!" Olivia yelled. He yanked his dish towel off his head and looked at her. "I did nothing!"

Ethan and Benny ran into the room. "Rory, what did you do?!"
"Olivia?! Have you got the drawing? Are the boys okay?!" The four teenagers heard Jane yell from upstairs.

"Uh, yeah! They're fine!" She shouted up the stairs. "Tell me you did not play alone." She then hissed at him.
"Are you nuts?" Ethan asked.

The chandelier started to swing and the TV went from static, to turned off, then back to static. "I think there's somebody here..." Rory said.

The four gathered around the game. "We have to stop this." Olivia said.
"Are you the hot but totally honest ghost babe we recently conversed with?" Benny asked.

Olivia shot a glare at Benny. "You're referring to a ghost as a babe?! That's disgusting!"
No. Said the spirit in the board.
"Didn't think so." Benny forced a grin.

"Guys, I think it's trying to tell us something - it may be another language." Rory said to the three.
"Yeah! Like evil speak!"

"Okay, I know it's not cool for a dude to be freaked out - especially in front of his girlfriend - but I am a freaked out dude right now!" Benny almost yelled.

"You played alone!" Ethan said, his voice breaking a little. "Rory, that's the number one rule: never play alone!"
"Okay, what do we do?" Benny asked.
"I don't know, it's going crazy!"

"Okay, let's all just put our hands on the board." Ethan said, calmly.
"Right, you first." Benny answered.
"Why me?"
"It was your idea."
"Okay, together. On three: one, two, three!"

The four put their hands on the board simultaneously and all of the floating objects in the room fell and everything seemed to have gone back to normal.
Ethan breathed a sigh of relief. "I think it worked."

The circle in the board lit up again. "Or we just... really ticked it off." Olivia said.

"It's trying to spell something - look!" Ethan pointed.
Hands off. It said.
"Hands off what?" Benny asked. "The board?"

Yes.
"I don't think we should-"
"Yes! It said yes!" Ethan said, taking his hands off the board, the boys did the same. Olivia couldn't do anything else but take hers off too.

The board then began to shake and Olivia groaned. "That's the number two rule: do not take your hands off the board unless the ghost says goodbye or can escape the spirit realm."

"But it told us to let go!" Rory whined.
"Of course it did! It's a ghost stuck in the Netherlands and now it wants out!" Benny said.

"I think you mean Netherworld!" Ethan and Olivia corrected.
"Yeah, that!"

The spirit of the ghost in the game then broke free and flew out of the board. Benny ran over to Olivia and sheltered her just in case anything was to happen.

Once the spirit was free Benny let go of Olivia and looked at her. "The ghost didn't go into your body did it?" She shook her head and laughed. "No, I'm fine."

"How about anyone else?"

The boys felt their stomachs. "It's not in mine - I wouldn't definitely feel it if it was in mine." Benny said.

"I don't feel any different." Rory said.
"Maybe it never left the board." Ethan suggested. "Grab that!" He pointed at the lid. Rory turned around and put it over the board. "Okay, no more seances!"

"I told you it was a bad idea." Olivia chipped in.

"Got no problem with thaaa- woah!" Benny trailed off as he stood up and saw Sarah, apart from, it wasn't Sarah.

The other three turned around and their jaws dropped at the sight of her.

Her hair was messy and curly, her clothes were all ripped and tacky and she had a marking on her forehead.
"Hey... Sarah..." Olivia said, forcing a smile.

"I don't know what your babysitter's done to herself, but I like it." Benny smirked.

Olivia was a little hurt at his comment and would never forget what Sarah said on the day the boys resurrected the dead: Benny has a thing for anything that breathes. I mean, the ghost doesn't exactly breathe, but Sarah does.

"Does anyone else think that Sarah seems a little... different?" Ethan asked.

With the raise of her arm, Sarah tipped the books off the shelves, made the lights flicker and TV make weird noises before floating into the kitchen. "Nah." Benny answered, following her into the kitchen.

Sarah was sat on the table in a frog position, sniffing, she then started to raid the fridge.

"Okay, maybe I see what you're getting at." Benny said to Ethan.
"I've never seen a girl eat like that!" Rory exclaimed, almost as if he was excited.
"Sarah, why don't we just-"

The ghost started to speak in a different language none of them could make out or understand.

"Definitely not Sarah!" Olivia shouted.
"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Ethan asked.

"The ghost that escaped from the seance board..." Rory began.
"Found a body it liked." Olivia and Ethan finished.

"Can't say I blame it!" Benny laughed. "You gotta admit, she looks like a lot more fun." The ghost then threw the empty bottle of whipped cream at Benny. He deserved that. Olivia thought to herself.

"Yeah, if she wasn't trashing my house!" Ethan yelled.

The ghost's eyes laid upon a large chocolate cake beside the fridge. She took hold of it and took it to the main table, knocking the bowl of Nachos onto the floor. "No! Please, no! My mom just made that cake for her book club tomorrow, she researched recipes all week!" Ethan pleaded.

The ghost dug into the cake. "Of course not." Ethan whispered with gritted teeth.
"I like her style." Benny said.

"Olivia?! Where's Sarah?!" Jane shouted from upstairs.

"We think she's possessed by a ghost from the Netherlands!" Rory yelled.

"Rory!" Olivia and Ethan hissed.
"Uh... she's just getting us a snack!" Olivia covered. "We'll be right up!"

"I better go up there and hide Jane from the ghost just in case she comes upstairs." Olivia said. She ran up the stairs and into Jane's room. "Hurry!"

She took hold of Jane's hand. "What is it?" She asked. Olivia took her into Ethan's room and told her to hide in the closet. "Just don't move? Okay?"

She furrowed her brows before nodding. Olivia shut the door and turned around to find herself face to face with the spirit inside Sarah.

She screamed in shock and held out her arms and shouted a spell that would hold her back; it wasn't enough.

The spirit thrusted her hand towards the witch and she flew to the corner of the room, hitting the wall, then the floor, knocking her out.

The boys ran in and screamed at the sight of the spirit. Her eyes were red and Ethan's room was lit up around her.

Once Benny saw Olivia he tried to run to her but the spirit sent him flying back before slamming the door on them.

Ethan and Rory had to practically drag Benny downstairs. "She hurt Olivia! I'm going to hurt her!" Benny announced. "There's only one thing to do..."

***

Ethan, Benny and Rory stormed down the upstairs corridor. Rory was wearing a crocodile hunter's hat with a fishing net, Ethan was wearing a colander and carrying a crowbar whilst Benny was wearing a hockey hat with a baseball bat.

The boys opened the door to see the spirit sat in front of Ethan's computer.

Rory opened the door and saw Jane, hiding in Ethan's closet, with tears in her eyes, cuddling one of her teddy bears.

Ethan raised an eyebrow when he saw the spirit was on his FriendlyFace.

"What's it doing?" Benny whispered.
"Changing my status... to jamming with my babysitter in my Star Trek jammies!"

Benny and Rory laughed. 'Sarah' turned around and glared at them.

The boys screamed before Ethan calmed them down. "We're not leaving until you give me my sister back!"
"And you give me my girlfriend back!" Benny added.

'Sarah' then spluttered green goo all over them, causing them to run out. The spirit smirked and shut the door again.

"What is this?" Rory asked as they ran down the stairs.
"I feel so dirty!"
"No way! It's ectoplasm: the physical manifestation of paranormal energy!"

"Cool!" Benny and Rory looked at each-other.
"Check this out." Benny said, taking out his iPod. "It's an app that I jerry-rigged to tag paranormal activity - these are some high ratings you got here."

"We need to think this through; what would the Ghostbusters do?" Ethan asked his friends.

"Well, they use streams of lightning plasma to suck ghosts into their containment boxes." Benny answered.

"Do we have any of that stuff?" Rory asked.

"No. All we have out of that stuff is a vacuum." Ethan replied.

"My dad has a leaf-blower that we can kick into reverse." Benny added. "Not as strong to hold a spirit as nasty as this, though."

"Well, there is one thing I know that can suck up spirits and hold them." Ethan said. Benny raised an eyebrow.

***

"The Cubile Animus?!" Benny asked, holding a shovel. "Seriously?! This a really bad idea! I mean if a seance was bad-"
"You wanna save Olivia right?"
Benny froze and nodded. "Of course."
"Then are you gonna help us or what?"

The boys' attention was then diverted when the spirit started to throw Ethan's stuff out of his window.

"My lucky board cube?!" Ethan groaned. "Oh, come on! My star projector?! That was a gift! She better now throw my limited edition Heckbot Superflyer!" Ethan whispered to Benny.
"Dig!" Was all he could answer with.

Benny saw a tiny glimpse of the box and pulled it out. "Let's do this." Ethan took the Cubile Animus but dropped it once he saw his Heckbit Superflyer. "Okay, stop dropping my stuff!"

Rory felt his phone vibrate and took it out of his pocket. "Hey, Ethan? Why'd you just text me one of your baby pictures?" He laughed.

"Aw!" Benny said, catching a glance.

Ethan snatched Rory's phone from him. "She just emailed this to the entire school!" He yelled. "Oh, that's it! This is on!" He handed Rory's phone back to him. The boys picked up the Cubile Animus and ran to Benny's garden to get his dad's leaf-blower.

Little did they know, they'd just let out a mysterious blue mist that they're later on going to regret.

"Okay, I've secured the Cubile Animus." Ethan said, adding some finale touches.

"Alright, let's get my girlfriend back!" Benny announced.
"And my sister!" Ethan added.
"Yes, and your sister. Now let it rip!" Benny said, pulling the line connected to the leaf-blower. Nothing happened.

"Go again." Ethan said.
Still nothing.
"Did you check the fuel?"
"Yes, I checked the fuel I already told you twice I filled it up!" Benny answered, pulling it again.

"Maybe the cuplings you made for the tube are malfunctioning." Ethan suggested.

"Oh, here we go! So everything I build is faulty and everything you build is golden!" Benny argued.

"You know, I don't like your tone-!"
"Oh, really?"
"Yes, really!" Ethan retorted. "You always get defensive-"

"Defensive? You're pulling that card right now?!" Benny shrieked.

"Guys!" Rory shouted, breaking up the fight. "Did you try the power switch?" He asked, pressing the button.

Benny forced a smile before pulling the rope again, this time, it worked.

"Nice going!" Ethan said to Rory.
Benny picked up the leaf-blower. "Let's bag us a demon!"

The boys stormed into Ethan's room. All of his remaining subjects were floating around and the spirit was drawing symbols all over the walls.

"Hey, I like what you've done with the place!" Rory said.
"Those are some kind of demonic symbols!" Ethan stated.

The spirit turned around. "Is it wrong that I still think she's hot?!" Benny asked.

"You're so lucky your girlfriend is unconscious right now." Ethan said. "Okay you're gonna give me back Olivia and my sister and get in the box or else!" He threatened.

"Or else?"
"Or else, we're gonna take care of this WhiteChapel style!" Ethan smirked.

"Yeah!" The boys nodded.

The spirit started to speak another language again. "Alright..." Benny began. "Hot or not, let's waste this demon!"

"Pull it!" Ethan told Rory. He pulled the string whilst Ethan and Benny held onto the leaf-blower.

"Jane! Run!" Ethan called behind him. Rory ran to the closet door and let her out, they both ran out of Ethan's room, shutting the door behind them.

Benny looked behind the demon and saw Olivia, making him even more determined to get rid of the demon.

"Demon of the night, get the heck into this leaf-blower!" He demanded.

The soul began to be sucked out of Sarah's body until the spirit was gone. Everything returned to normal.

"Woo! Take that!" Benny shouted.
"That'll teach you to come to my house!" Ethan grinned.

"Exactly!" Benny then remembered Olivia and ran towards her. He gently shook her, she wouldn't wake up. "Help me lift her onto your bed."

Ethan nodded and took hold of her legs, whilst Benny took hold of her arms and they gently laid her down. Benny sat down beside her.

"Ow, my head! What happened?" Sarah then asked.
"It was Rory's fault!" Both the boys answered.
Rory then stormed in. "I heard that!"

Olivia suddenly awoke and sat up, taking deep breaths. She then clutched her wrist. Her eyes widened when she saw the massive bruise on her wrist, her eyes then traced her from her wrist to her knuckles - which were also bruised.

"Well, crap." She whispered, turning her wrist slightly.

"Are you okay?!" Benny asked, taking hold of her wrist. Olivia winced a little and nodded. "I'll heal myself with a small spell - it's fine. Did you get rid of the spirit?"

He nodded and smiled.
"Did you hide the Cubile Animus?" Ethan asked.

Benny nodded again. "Don't worry. It's safe and hidden - it will never bother us again."

He turned back to Olivia and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm glad you're okay."

She smiled. "I'm surprised you didn't get hurt, to be honest."
He pouted. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Olivia laughed and laid back down. "Don't worry! I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320 22 20
read to find out
315 50 25
18 year old Sarah Fox is alone living with a secret curse that even her family don't know about, you know if she had any true family members... She...
2.3K 83 47
Rory falls in love with a bad girl named mikayla and slowly gets to know her when he learns that ethan might possibly have a crush on the bad girl in...
1.5K 77 30
One year later, the gang is fresh out of high school. With the looming future, secrets kept and revealed, weddings, and more. They go through ups and...