LIMERENCE ⇢ BENNY WEIR

By -jonathanbrandis

limerence /ˈlɪmɪrəns/ the initial exhilarating rush of falling in love. More

prologue
u should read this thx
lawn of the dead
three cheers for evil
friday night frights
blue moon
blood drive
doug the vampire hunter
guys and dolls
jilly putty
die, pod!
the brewed
3 geeks and a demon
jesse's girl
welcome back dusker [part 1]
welcome back dusker [part 2]
say you'll be maztak
fanged and furious
flushed
benivia date
jockenstein
mirror/rorrim
sleepover
village of the darned
hottie ho-tep
siren song
halloweird
10k !!!
independence daze
"i love the things you hate about yourself."
the date to end all dates [part 1]
the date to end all dates [part 2]
instagram
end of book
important pls read ily

smells like trouble

6.4K 207 73
By -jonathanbrandis

"Hey, ladies!" Benny said to Erica, Olivia and Sarah. "What do you say?"
"Drop dead, geek?" Erica responded.
"Easy, easy!"

"Hey, nothing personal I just don't hang out with dorks." Erica said.

"I wanna see if you wanted this sample of the new Dusk perfume." Benny said.

Yeah right. Olivia thought.
Erica spun around.

"It's supposed to make even undead people smell like flowers and other girly stuff." Benny continued. "You wanna try it?"

"Yes!" Erica didn't even need to hesitate.
"No, thanks." Olivia and Sarah shook their heads.

"Please?" Erica pleaded.
Olivia knew what this was from the second she saw the Dusk image stuck into it. It's a potion - a love potion.
Benny's spiked it to help Ethan out with Sarah. Benny being Benny, he's obviously going to help himself out too.

Olivia didn't understand why Rory was here too. She thought he was probably just here because he wants Erica to fall in love with him.

Sarah sighed and gave in, which meant Olivia had to as well. It actually can't be that bad, pretending to fall in love with Benny - because I'm already in love with him. She thought.

Benny handed Erica the perfume and before she could spray it Olivia put a spell on herself so the perfume wouldn't effect her.

Once the two girls inhaled it, Erica immediately ran to Rory and Sarah immediately ran to Ethan. Olivia knew she'd have to run to Benny too.

Sarah practically leaned against Ethan whilst Erica leant against the lockers, gazing at Rory. Olivia stood so close to Benny so that their lips were almost touching and began to flirt. "Hey, there, handsome."

Benny tutted his head and smirked. "Hey, babe. I've never seen you stand so close to me in school before."

"There's other things I like to do in school." Olivia answered. Crap, do I go for it? I've already hinted it now, there's no going back.

With that, Olivia took hold of Benny's collar and kissed him.

Both Olivia's and Benny's heart skipped a beat. Benny had hit on other girls but had never felt this way for one before - and the one he really loves is kissing him. He just wished he didn't have to have her under a spell for her to fall in love with him.

Sarah caught Ethan staring at Benny and Olivia, who were still kissing. "Ethan! Stop paying attention to Olivia! You're gonna make your girlfriend jealous!" She said.
"Girlfriend?" Ethan repeated, his eyes lighting up.

"You know what I love?" Erica asked Rory. "All of your geeky shirts! They just scream out: I'm good at calculus!" She squealed.
"He actually is really good at calculus." Ethan spoke up.

Olivia brushed her hands through his hair - which she'd always loved. "Your hair is amazing!"
Benny grinned a toothy grin. "Thanks."

"Your hair is like the cutest hair I've seen on any boy ever!" Sarah said. "Does your mom cut it?"

Before Ethan could answer, Erica began to fire compliments at Rory.
"I love your skinny, little arms!" She said, taking hold of his hands.

The bell then rang and Olivia groaned. "No! I have to get to class!" She looked at Benny. "Will you miss me?"
He nodded eagerly.

"And I'm gonna miss you, cuddle bear!" Sarah said, ruffling his hair.
"See you later, hotness." Erica said to Rory.

The three girls walked off, Olivia quickly turned around and blew Benny a kiss.
"Oh, I almost forgot," Erica said, turning around and throwing Benny his perfume. "Here you go."

Benny caught it in his hands but it slipped and spilt all over the floor.
"What just happened?" Ethan asked.

"I. Kissed. Olivia!" Benny cheered.
"Sarah called me cuddle bear."
"Erica called me hotness!" Rory said, sighing.

***

At break, Benny and Ethan met up in the teen lounge. "I just have one thing to say," Benny began, he jumped onto the couch. "I am a mega genius! I did it! I tapped the love centre of their brains and now they love us!" Benny said, he sat back down afterwards, trying to calm himself down.

"Dude! Olivia kissed you! How long have you been waiting for that again?"
He shrugged. "Too long, man, too long. But don't worry, it'll happen to you soon."

"I've kissed a girl before..." Ethan argued.
"Cousins don't count!"
"I told you I didn't know, okay?" Ethan defended, rolling his eyes.

***

Olivia was in her least favourite subject: French. She sighed and put her hand up.

"Yes, Olivia?"
"Can I use the bathroom?"
Her teacher nodded. "Yes, but be quick."

Once she got out of the class, she ran to Benny's English class and knocked on the door. Benny looked up and waved. Olivia blew him tons of kisses before grinning.

Benny blew one back, which gave her butterflies. She signalled for him to come outside, smirking.

"Gahh, excuse me, Miss Fine? Can I use the bathroom?" He asked.
She turned around. "No."

He sighed. "Okay." He looked back and Olivia and shrugged, mouthing sorry. She frowned, before giving him a wink and walking back to class.

She sighed to herself. "I wish he knew I wasn't doing this because of his stupid love spell."

***

Later that day Ethan and Benny went back to Ethan's full of hickeys and lipstick marks.

"That was the best day ever!" Benny said, putting down his last bunch of flowers. "We're like movie stars!"
"No, more like rock stars!" Ethan grinned.

"Hello, boys..." Evelyn said.
Benny's head snapped towards her. "Grandma... sweets? For the sweetest grandma ever, take two!"

"Drop it, Drake. Tweedle Dumb has told me what you did." She explained, glaring at Benny. "He even asked me for more!"

"I made a love potion and accidentally dropped now all the girls in school love us." He blurted out.

"Love potion?! The one on page 72?" Evelyn asked.

"You know it?" Benny turned to Ethan. "Grandma rocked the potion too! Is that how you bagged grandpa?" He winked at Evelyn.

Evelyn held up a yo-yo and started swinging it for side to side, Benny's eyes followed. "Here's the thing, boys. Nature is all about balance, brainiac here upset the balance. You swung the pendulum all the way to goo-goo-eyes and giggles."

"So far so sweet." Benny grinned.
"But when the pendulum swings back," She continued, hitting Benny with it.
"Ow!"

"That's what I'm talking about. The more those girls loved you, the more they're gonna hate you." She said. "Now, how strong was the potion?"

"Well, Sarah bought us matching cardigans..." Ethan responded.

"Yep, you're toast!" Evelyn laughed.
Benny groaned. "Please don't punish us again, grandma."

"Oh, you'll get yours!"

"Oh, come on, we're used to girls not liking us, what's the worst that could happen?" Ethan shrugged.

"He's so cute and cuddly." Sarah sighed, thinking about Ethan.
"I know! And Rory is so-" Erica cut herself off before glaring at what seemed like nothing. She flashed her fangs. "So dead... again!"

Sarah snapped out of her trance. "They are so dead!" Erica and Sarah took hold of Olivia and ran to Ethan's house - vampire speed.

Right before the two martial arts girls could attack, Erica, Sarah, and Olivia stood in front of them. "That's my man you've got there." Olivia said.
"And the cuter one is mine!" Sarah added.

"Mines not here right now, but, I wanna kill them as much as I wanna kill him!" Erica growled.

"No one is gonna kill him but me!" Sarah shouted at them.

"What?!" Ethan and Benny said.
"We should take this as our opportunity." Ethan said.
"To do what?"
"To run!"

Although Olivia wasn't a vampire, she managed to fight pretty well.

"Quick, to the cage of eternity!" Ethan said.
"What are you doing? How do you expect us to get all those killer girls in here-"

Rory then suddenly appeared out of nowhere, making them both scream. "Hey, guys, where's our babes at?"
"Get inside!" Ethan said, pushing the boys in before him.

Ethan locked the door and took a deep breathe.
"You told me you don't have the key!" Benny panicked.
"I don't." He replied. "Once we go in, I don't plan on coming out any time soon!"

The sound of people fighting then stopped. "The fightings stopped and I have a pretty good idea who won." Ethan said.

The girls then appeared in front of them. "Come on out, sweetie. I wanna go inside and popcorn with you!" Erica hissed at Rory.

"I don't think he can fit in the microwave." Olivia answered, glaring at Benny.

"Oh, I'll make him fit." Erica said.
"The eternity cage is unbreakable!" Ethan said.
"Yeah! And so is the prop... I hope!" Benny added, unsurely.

Sarah and Erica started to hiss again at the boys, while Olivia narrowed her eyes. "Perhaps I could use a spell to snap them in half!"

Benny whined. He'd never hoped to have seen Olivia so against him before.
"It's just like being in a shark tank!" Rory exclaimed.

Suddenly a bunch of other girls appeared, reaching through the gap in bars. "This is like being in a shark tank!" Ethan said.

"How long do you think this'll last?" Benny asked Ethan.
"Well, they loved us for about 6 hours, so they should hate for about another 5 more!"

***

The next morning Benny, Rory and Ethan woke up to see Erica, Olivia and Sarah still standing there with their hands on their hips.

The boys screamed in a girlish tone and Ethan fell off the chair.
"What do you think we should do?" Olivia asked the girls.
"Kill them." Erica responded.

"I thought you said the spell would've worn off by now!" Rory said to Ethan.
"It did! Now we're just mad at you!" Sarah said.

"Guys, look, we are really, really sorry-" Benny started.
"Well, you should be." Erica smiled. "Because, look what Sped-Ex just dropped off."
Sarah waved the key in front of them.

"I get it! You guys wanna punish us, totally!" Benny told them.

"Not them, lover boys." Evelyn said, appearing from behind them. "Me."
"Before the boys start, I quickly need to talk to Benny." Olivia said, taking the key from Sarah and unlocked the cage of eternity.

She ushered for him to follow. He bit his lip. "You're not gonna kill me, are you?"

Olivia shook her and took hold of his arm. "Just come with me, Benny."

She lead him into a slightly more private area of Ethan's garden; they were partly hidden by a bush.

"About the cologne you spiked - or whatever you did - to make all the girls fall in love with you, Ethan and Rory-"
"Listen, I'm really sorry, Olivia-"

"I'm not mad and all of me wanting to kill was an act."
Benny looked surprised, Olivia carried on.

"Actually, the way I acted around you after I got a scent of your cologne was all an act - in fact, it didn't even effect me. I used a spell so it wouldn't rub off on me."

"So why did you still act like you were in love with me?"
She chuckled, looking to the floor, then back up at Benny. This is it. Olivia thought. Don't mess up. "You're the nerd, Benny, do the math."

"I am a nerd, but I'm actually not that good at math-"
Olivia playfully rolled her eyes before pressing her lips against Benny's.

She pulled away a few seconds after. Benny's eyes widened.
Olivia laughed. "Are you gonna say something, or just stand there?"

Benny smirked. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this."
Olivia smiled.
"I love you too." Benny said, before leaning in and kissing her again.

After about ten seconds, Benny pulled away and grinned. "Will you be my girlfriend?"
Olivia nodded. She had to bite her lip to contain her excitement.

Benny jumped into the air and clenched his fists. "Yes!"

"I also think that we should kiss again, you know, just to..." Benny paused. "You know what I mean."

Olivia shook her head whilst laughing. She stepped closer, Benny put his arms around her waist and she wrapped hers around his neck. "I have no idea what you mean. But okay."

Benny grinned before leaning in.

"Olivia?! Benny?!"

The couple pulled away immediately, taking their hands off each-other.
Ethan's eyes widened. "Benny? Did you use the potion on Olivia again?! She's gonna kill you, dude!"

Olivia laughed. "The potion never effected me, stupid! I'm a witch! Did you seriously think I wouldn't use a spell to stop it from impacting on me?"

"Then why were you two about to... you know... Do you love him?" Sarah grinned, folding her arms, waiting for an answer.

"Do you guys need a minute or something?" Erica asked. "Or if you want I could get you two a room?"

"Woah!" Olivia laughed. "Slow down!"
"Actually I wouldn't mind at all." Benny said, cheekily. Olivia playfully slapped him.

"So everything you did today - even kissing Benny, was all real?" Ethan asked.

Olivia nodded. "I'm glad none of you were attracted to Benny otherwise I'd probably get just a little jealous." She joked.

Benny jumped in the air and looked at Ethan. "Did you hear that? Olivia said she'd be jealous!"

Olivia laughed. "Don't try anything, okay?"
He nodded. "I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

"I can't believed you scored such a babe!" Rory spoke for the first time in ages.

Olivia shot him a glare. "Scoring such a babe? Watch it, fangs, I'm not some sort of toy."

Rory stepped back a little, smiling, even though he was terrified.

"Yeah!" Benny agreed. "Don't talk about my girl like that!" Trying to act tougher than he was.

"Sorry." Rory apologised.
"Okay, well, we're gonna go. You two finish sucking each-other's faces off and meet us at school." Ethan said.

Benny and Olivia watched them walk off. Once they were out of sight the two looked at each-other and without a word, their lips connected once again. Neither of them had felt so much attraction towards another person before; all the times they thought they were in love, they were wrong. The only person Benny really loved was Olivia, and the only person  Olivia really loved was Benny.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 6.4K 54
LIMERENCE | ❝If you ain't scared... you ain't human.❞ limerence /ˈlɪmɪrəns/ noun 1.(psychol) a state of mind resulting from romantic attraction, char...
9.1K 176 17
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 benny's bestfriend since pre school finally realizes how she feels about her dorky friend. or 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 benny builds up the co...
91K 1.8K 54
"Should I ask her out? Do you think she'll say yes?" "In your dreams." "That's where she is anyway." *I do not own any of the my babysitters a vamp...
22.5K 227 17
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐕 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞: ·𝐄𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 ·𝐑𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐫 •𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫 ·𝐒𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐡 �...