The Hunter's Queen (ICS Book...

By winterstarfire

Vincent Shaw is defeated, half-dead, and broken in more ways than one. A powerful werewolf now in exile Vince... More

Author's Note
Encyclopedia of the Supernatural
Prologue
Chapter One - The Hunter's Savior
Chapter Two - The Alchemist Saves The Wolf
Chapter Three - The Hunter Awakens
Chapter Four - Nicholas Storm
Chapter Five - Sleeping Arrangements
Chapter Six - Pleasure at the Hunter's Command
Chapter Seven - The Wolf Feels Regret
Chapter Eight - Temper's Flare
Chapter Nine - Fighting the Pull
Chapter Ten - Giving in to Temptation
Chapter Eleven - Taking the Pleasure
Chapter Twelve - Scheming Mystic's
Chapter Thirteen - Nicholas Tracks Down a Witch
Chapter Fourteen - The Wolf and the Alchemist Converse
Chapter Fifteen - How to Pleasure a Wolf
Chapter Sixteen - The Hunter Meets His Past
Chapter Seventeen - The Wolf Wakes
Chapter Eighteen - Nicholas and Betrayal
Chapter Nineteen - The Hunter's Mistake
Chapter Twenty - The Past Burns
Chapter Twenty-One - Sleeping With a Wolf
Chapter Twenty-Two - The Alchemist's Pleasure
Chapter Twenty-Three - Evelyn the Wolf Rider
Chapter Twenty-Four - The Hunter's Claim
Chapter Twenty-Five - Nicholas Reaches the Edge
Chapter Twenty-Six - The Best Day Ever
Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Hunter's a Big Tease
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Nicholas Finally Gets His Way
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Her New Best Day Ever
Chapter Thirty - His Worst Day Ever
Chapter Thirty-One - Evelyn the Meek is Dead
Chapter Thirty-Two - The Demon Kings Revenge
Chapter Thirty-Three - Scheming Mystic's
Chapter Thirty-Four - The Pack
Chapter Thirty-Five - Submission
Chapter Thirty-Six - Nicholas the Death Bringer
Chapter Thirty-Seven - A Revelation
Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Face of True Madness
Chapter Forty - Redemption
Chapter Forty-One - A King Among Wolves
Chapter Forty-Two - The Hunter's Queen - End
The Mercenaries Dark Desires - Book Three Excerpt
Bonus Chapter - A Very Wolfy Christmas

Chapter Thirty-Eight - The Ascended

91.2K 3.4K 826
By winterstarfire

AN: I'm loving the theories regarding Mags and her mate. I will say that some of you have guessed correctly. *Spoilers* 

The Ascended

Kill them. Show them our true power.

Vincent fought down his wolf, the beast was clawing to break free. He could not believe he had agreed to this. Members of the Ascended were in his house. They were gathering in his sitting room, as if they were about to have fucking tea.

He stood with Evelyn just outside the doorway, fighting to remain in control. Mordecai and Stephan shifted on their feet, sensing his unease. Outside the remaining members of his pack were at the ready.

We could slaughter the lot of them.

"Easy," Evelyn murmured within his mind. Her soft voice calmed his wolf, but only marginally.

"Can't I kill them? Just a little?" he asked, half joking, half serious.

Her lips twitched. "I just decorated these rooms. There'll be blood everywhere." He had to bite back a smile. Much to his delight Evelyn had overtaken his home, turning it from a cold empty estate to a warm pack house. Vincent knew the care and attention his mate had taken with every detail, and it pleased him to no end.

He also knew how important this meeting was for his mate. It was the only reason he had relented. And the only reason he was fighting to keep his wolf at bay. Exhaling loudly he reached out to her with their link. "Fine. You owe me for this."

She chuckled. "I'll make it up to you."

He eyed her sideways with interest. Evelyn stood beside him, dressed in a dark blue gown that suited her pale skin to perfection. The timid girl he'd first met was all but gone, beside him was an alpha's queen. Her back was straight, her features calm and firm. She emanated beauty and power.

His queen was perfect in every way.

Stephan released a sudden growl from behind him. Vincent turned with raised brows. But his beta's attention was focused solely on Grace. The disgruntled witch stood by his side, Stephan's hand gripping her arm tightly.

"Stop fighting me," Stephan snarled under his breath.

"Then let me go," Grace hissed back.

Stephan's reply was a curt, "Never."

Grace blushed, her mouth dropping, before she bristled with anger. "Damn werewolves."

"Should we do something?" Eve's voice asked quietly in his mind.

Vincent smirked. "Let them be. If Grace truly wished to leave she would be tossing Stephan through the wall."

Eve chuckled. "I'd pay to see that."

"Aye. Ready to meet our guests?"

Eve took a deep breath. "Ready."

Slipping her arm inside his own Vincent led her into the sitting room, followed by Stephan and Grace, who went to stand by the window. The Pure One, Charles Lockhart, stood in the middle of the room with Levina. The vampire's face was full of worry as he spoke in hushed tones to a small she-elf with short red hair.

"And Damian is still trying to track her down?" the elf asked curiously.

Charles nodded, running a hand through his hair. "He has become quite distressed."

"His concern is warranted. If she is being held by Ivan then she will be tortured," Levina said carefully.

Charles winced. "Aye. If only we could find her. The seers can't see past Ivan's enchantments."

Tapping her chin Levina said thoughtfully, "I wonder if Mags could be of help."

Charles brightened. "I would be very interested in speaking with the her."

Levina nodded. "I'm sure I can arrange something."

Vincent snorted, wondering if the vampire knew just what he was getting into by accepting Levina's help.

Levina gave him a look, clearly noticing his disdain. "Problem, wolf?"

"Of course not. Nothing bad ever came from accepting your help," Vincent scoffed.

Charles chuckled. "My debts to Levina run deep. What's one more?"

"Suit yourself," he grumbled.

"I appreciate you meeting with us. Congratulations on your new pack." Charles turned his gaze to Evelyn, smiling softly. "And on finding your queen."

"Thank you," Vincent replied gruffly. He wasn't one for pleasantries.

Charles leaned closer towards Eve, his eyes brightening slightly. "I've never met a newly awakened mystic before. Fascinating."

Eve blushed. "Uh, thank you..."

"I would love to speak with you about your transition-"

The she-elf coughed into her hand. "Charles..."

Charles' eyes widened. "Oh, yes! Where are my manners? This is Mia, a member of the elven council."

Stepping forward Mia grinned, giving them a salute. "Hey there, thanks for meeting with us."

Vincent nodded, pressing his lips into a thin line. The she-elf was entirely too perky for his tastes.

Eve offered her hand to them both. "It's nice to meet you."

"Alpha, more have arrived," Mordecai announced from the doorway.

"Show them in."

Mordecai stepped aside, allowing a massive demon with a broadsword strapped to his back to enter. Vincent recognized the demon, Bane the Destroyer. The beserker demon was King Sebastian's first in command. He was followed by a scowling pink haired witch, her curly hair hanging to her waist. Vincent could feel power buzzing off the female, making his skin crawl.

Bane glared at him as he neared, his golden eyes flickering. Vincent glared right back.

Clearing her throat Levina stepped between them. "Alpha Shaw, I'm sure you know Bane. And this is Chloe, Bane is her familiar." The witch scrunched up her nose at this.

"A chevalier?" Eve breathed. "I thought that was a myth."

"It's complicated," the demon grunted.

"In other words I fucked up," the witch Chloe stated begrudgingly. Bane gave her a dark look.

"Isn't that wonderful?" Charles asked cheerfully, completely oblivious to the tension between the two.

"He's an odd one," Eve said through their link, clearly amused.

"Don't let him fool you. He's dangerous,"  Vincent warned. Charles was a pure-blooded vampire, one of the oldest in existence. That meant power. And Vincent knew full well the vampires reputation. Charles may be a Pure One but his hands were still covered in blood.

His gaze shot to the doorway as the spectral demon Jasper arrived.

"Ah, Jasper!" Charles said happily, pulling the spectral demon to his side. "Alpha, you have met my mate I do believe."

"Yes, I tried to kill him," Vincent answered bluntly.

Charles' eyes narrowed. "I trust you will refrain from doing so in the future?" Although his tone remained cheerful Vincent didn't miss the underlying threat in the vampires words.

"He's of no concern to me."

Jasper scowled, his jaw clenching. "I'm right here."

Vincent ignored the demon as a familiar scent struck him. His wolf snarled. Turning towards the door he stiffened as Sebastian the Vanquisher arrived with Queen Victoria on his arm. The sight of the Demon King in his home had his blood boiling. It was all he could do to stop himself from leaping across the room and ripping the bastard's throat out. Judging by the way Sebastian was practically snarling he knew the other man was thinking the same thing.

Victoria leaned up, murmuring in Sebastian's ear. "Easy."

Sebastian's eyes narrowed, glowing brightly. Vincent glared back, gritting his teeth as the two of them stared each other down. The tension in the room thickened, both men prepared to strike. "We just going to stand here all day?" he asked roughly.

"That depends," Sebastian replied coldly. "Do you plan on apologizing for what you did to Victoria?"

Vincent felt his temper flare. "When you apologize for what you did to my mate."

Sebastian scowled and pursed his lips. Vincent crossed his arms. The room fell silent, neither men willing to budge an inch.

Finally, Victoria cleared her throat and offered Evelyn a weak smile. "Well, this is awkward isn't it?"

Evelyn gave a nervous laugh. "Very."

"I dare say our males are ready to rip each other apart."

Stepping forward Evelyn offered her hand. "I am sorry for what happened. It's not my way, I wasn't...myself..."

"I understand," Victoria gave her a soft smile, returning her hand shake. "Sebastian threatened the man you love. I would have done the same. I'm only sorry I didn't know about you sooner. If I had...I could have tried to stop all this."

Both Vincent and Sebastian gawked at the two women.

"Victoria..." Sebastian stuttered. "He deserved to be punished."

"But not Evelyn," Vincent barked. "What your man did was inexcusable."

"Vincent," Eve reached over and laid a hand on his arm. "It's alright."

He pointed a damning finger at Sebastian. "That bastards man put a blade to your throat and burned your home to the ground."

Sebastian asked, "Tell me, how is that any different from kidnapping my mate and offering her up to Gabriel?"

Vincent snarled. "You're lucky I didn't do far worse, demon."

"Vincent!" Eve gasped.

Sebastian's eyes burned bright gold. "I'm going to fucking kill you, you evil son of a bitch."

Vincent didn't bat an eye. "Aye, I may be evil but who's the real monster here?"

Sebastian stiffened. "You bastard."

Vincent released a low growl, stepping away from Evelyn so he could turn. His wolf was dying to sink his fangs into that bastards throat.

"That's enough," Victoria hissed, pulling on Sebastian's arm. "This is a meeting for peace."

"Tell him that," Sebastian snapped.

"You want to end this now then lets do it," Vincent sneered. 

"Stop it," Eve's voice rang inside his head, staying him. He stared down at her. Her eyes were wide, beseeching.

Damn it.

Vincent gave a loud growl of frustration. "You're lucky my female wishes for peace."

"As are you," Sebastian scoffed.

Evelyn wrapped her hand over his arm, forcing him to relax. Dragging in a deep breath Vincent relented. "Lets get this over with."

"Fine," Sebastian bit out.

"Well, that was intense," the vampire Charles mused, visibly relaxing. "Although, witnessing an alpha turning up close would have been extraordinary."

Vincent stared over at the vampire, momentarily caught off guard. He'd heard rumors that the Pure One was a bit eccentric...

"You may still get your chance," Nicholas Storm's scorn filled voice snarled from the doorway.

Vincent shuddered as his wolf roared within his mind. His fists clenched so tightly to stop himself from turning his claws nearly drew blood.

Rip him apart!

"You're not welcome here," he growled.  He wanted the merc dead, now. Fuck peace.

"What are you going to do about it?" Nicholas drawled.

Sebastian interjected, "You were ordered to remain behind."

Nicholas dark eyes snapped to the Demon King. "You don't command me, Sebastian. Not anymore."

"Nick!" Victoria gasped.

"Stay out of it, Tori," Nicholas ordered. His features remained emotionless but Vincent could see pain in his eyes. His face was strained, dark circles around his eyes, nearly black. The mercenary had a noticeable limp in his right leg. Obviously, being cursed and flung out the window of a castle tower didn't suit the human.

Our mate did this. She is to be feared.

Vincent grinned, pride and satisfaction lacing through him.

"Something amuse you, dog?" Nicholas asked, noting his pleased expression.

Feigning disinterest Vincent mused, "Recovering well?"

Nicholas took a menacing step forward. "You know damn well your female cursed me, bastard."

Bane grabbed the mercenaries arm. "It ain't the time, Nick."

"Fuck off, Bane," Nicholas snapped.

Bane didn't budge. "This is supposed to be a peaceful meeting."

Nicholas shrugged off the demons arm. "You're not the one who was cursed by the bitch."

"Watch it," Vincent warned. "That's my mate you speak of."

Nicholas shot Evelyn a death glare. "You're lucky she isn't dead already."

Eve gasped. Vincent nearly turned as rage coursed through him. "Threaten my queen in her own home," he said, his tone dangerously low. Stephan and Mordecai stepped up behind him, ready to turn and fight at their alpha's command.

Charles raised his hands complacently, stepping boldly between them. "There is no need for this."

Nicholas placed a hand over the hilt of one of his sword. "I disagree."

Stepping in front of Evelyn protectively Vincent bared his fangs. "Considering you can't heal properly do you think it wise, merc? There's no poison that can stop me from turning this time." Inwardly he thanked Evelyn's gift at alchemy and the daily doses he took to nullify poisons.

"Now, boys," Levina interjected, stepping beside Charles. "I know you are upset, Nicholas. But this is not the time. Evelyn feels badly about the curse."

"Then she should remove it," Nicholas snarled.

"I can't," Eve said, shifting her feet anxiously. "I'm sorry, but I don't know how."

Nicholas snapped his cold gaze to Levina. "Then your blessed aunt can do it."

Levina shook her head. "I'm sorry, Nicholas. Removing curses is not my gift. I place them, I don't cure them."

"You god damn females," Nicholas all but shouted. "Playing your games. I will not be another mystics play thing. Remove it!"

"I can't," Levina stated firmly.

"Then you're dead," Nicholas hissed, advancing on the older mystic with open fury. In a flash one of his swords was drawn.

"Nicholas, that is enough," Sebastian practically roared.

"You take their side?" Nicholas slashed a hand through the air, eyes wild. "Have you lost your fucking mind?"

"Listen to me-"

There came a loud explosion from outside followed by shouts. The floor beneath Vincent's feet vibrated. Instinctively he reached out, steadying Evelyn as she stumbled. "What the hell is that?"

Sebastian snatched Victoria to his side. "If this was some sort of trap-"

"Shut it!" Vincent bit out. "It's not us." He could sense confusion among his pack. "Mordecai, go." His beta nodded, rushing outside and barking orders.

"Victoria, teleport out of here," Sebastian ordered.

"Alright." Gripping the sapphire amulet around her neck Victoria scowled. "It's not working."

"What?" Sebastian gripped her shoulder, trying his own amulet. "What the hell?"

"I can't phase," Charles said. "Someones put a binding around us. A strong one."

They all turned to Levina. The mystic raised her hands and shrugged. "It's not me."

Mordecai bolted back into the room. "Alpha, the Legion is attacking!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.4K 29
Meet Quinn... she is 20 and blind, she is also a hybrid. Half werewolf half vampire. She works with her friend Ray and together they make the ultimat...
704K 41.7K 103
Evelyn is the Alpha's fated mate, and the red mark on the back of her hand is the proof. Captured by the human government as a child, Evelyn was rai...
52 20 20
Aston was a man hardened by years of leading his new pack. He wasn't the alpha, but he acted like it. When his alpha lost his mate, he died a little...
333 34 17
please note: WIP; Mature themes and R18+ content. A nameless Witch escapes her brutal captures, only to fall into the clutches of the most vicious b...