Found A New Padawan

By Ranger_Mage

CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN During the Clone Wars on a trip to the planet, Vanqor Anakin and Mace Windu meet a... More

The Beginning: Finally Found
Padawan Of Two Masters
The Hostage Crisis
Going To Illum
The Hunt is On
The Holocron Vault
The Search Is On
Freeing A Monument
Invasion of Rishi Outpost
Destruction of Rishi Outpost
99 Appears With New Friends
Understanding Things
The Plot Against Mandalore
The Voyage Of Betrayal
Before The Senate
Overlords
The Alter's Ghosts
Healing Old Wounds
Attack On Kamino
Time Alone
Back Again
A Reunion
Unexpected Ally
The Citadel
An Easy Mission
The Good And The Bad
Betrayal On Umbara
A Time For Healing
The Trials of Knighthood
The Curse of Felucia
Having Some Time To Enjoy
The Long Haul
A Deception So Grand
The Challenges Awaiting
The Fight
Shades of Terror
Rescue
Unexpected Healing and Trouble
Troubles
Turning Around
Saving
Healing Time
Discovering
Realizing
Finishing Up
Vote

Hidden Among The Shadows

564 16 0
By Ranger_Mage

So you can probably guess, it's the slave arc. Oh boy. I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to take this arc tbh, all I knew was it was definitely going to be different. Similarly to the Umbara Arc, this arc isn't going to be multiple chaps long, it is gonna be serious though. So I am starting school so updates will be slow. I hope you guys enjoy!

Also, the chapter was beta'd/edited by my friend Gen!

The Nautolan Shadow watched the High Council argue amongst themselves for a bit, talking with Obi-Wan and Anakin about a plan of attack to help the missing colonists. She remembered Anakin, she met him and Master Plo when she got them intel on those Trandoshan hunter scum who took his Padawan Ahsoka. She was glad to see that Ahsoka was alright, having not seen her before now since she was busy with her own missions when the Padawans left the moon Wasskah, a dreadful place other Jedi went to do a thorough search through. Her attention was drawn to the Council as they offered a plan.

"I have to object to this plan!" Thia exclaimed as she stepped forward to the table. "You are putting months of planning at stake. I understand that you want to save the colonists, Master Windu, but you are risking my entire mission by sending them in and hoping for the best!"

"Thia," Mace began, but Thia shook her head.

"No. There has to be another way. For one, as Obi-Wan has already pointed out, they have seen his face when one of the Zygerrians commed D'nar." A lot of damage was done with that karking comm message. "He would be exposed immediately if he went to Zygerria. Anakin shouldn't even be dealing with this, he's still healing from his own past." Over holocall, several members of the Council winced at that, knowing they could have, should have, done better to help Anakin heal from his past. She didn't hold back anything, she had a point to make.

"That may be so, however, we can't just leave the colonists to the Zygerrians," Mace pointed out and Thia crossed her arms.

"I have a contact inside Zygerria," the Nautolan Shadow revealed. By the nature of her job, she had contacts everywhere. "Captain Amelia. She's been a great help navigating their cities and patrols, even done some undercover work. She's managed to get intel on these missing colonists' location," she revealed, which sparked reactions of interest and confusion, some even at the same time.

"She has? How?" Obi-Wan asked, and at his side, Anakin crossed his arms.

"How can we trust this Amelia to be telling the truth?" Anakin demanded, glancing over at Obi-Wan when the man placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Because...she finds slavery just as disgusting as you. She's been at war with her own people trying to stop their empire from growing," she explained, and Anakin nodded slowly at that. "They're located in the Zygerrian mines in the Kadavos System. However, she found that the Governor is on Zygerria itself. With some help, Amelia can rescue the Governor without anyone realizing."

"Can we not rescue the other slaves on Zygerria?" Ikoe asked, and Thia didn't need to be present to hear the group sigh.

"We cannot at this moment. That would require more manpower than we simply have available. I don't like it, Ikoe, but we can't help them," Obi-Wan explained gently and Ikoe scowled at that.

"Padawan Kryze," Thia began, and watched as Ikoe turned to her questioningly. "I know it sucks, but my contact will do what she can to save as many as possible. But don't fear, there are those who despise slavery just as much and do what they can to save as many people as possible," she said and Ikoe nodded slowly at that, a weak smile on her lips.

"Once this war is done, we're going to deal with the Zygerrian slavers once and for all," Shaak Ti promised, earning nods from the rest of the council.

"Backup needed, how much?" Master Yoda asked, tapping his gimmer stick on the ground. Though its distinctive click was unable to be heard over the holocall, she was more than familiar with its sound to picture it.

"Two squads of men should be enough. One to guard the ship and keep it ready and the other to help transport the slaves," Thia said and Master Yoda nodded slowly at that.

"Send immediately on your signal, we will," Master Yoda promised and Thia nodded.

"I'll let her know to be ready then," Thia said with a nod.

"But what of the colonists then?" Obi-Wan asked, his arms crossed while one hand stroked his beard.

"That won't be easy. The Kadavo mine is heavily fortified." She leaned over the table, peering over the holomap to point out defenses. "Its guards are ready to shoot down anyone that doesn't have clearance. However, if we managed to get clearance, we could send a couple undercover as slaves. Once they're inside, they would be able to comfort the colonists and let them know hope is coming. To infiltrate the guards, however, we would need Amelia's help, as they only allow their own into the mines." If it wasn't apparent that Thia's contact was a Zygerrian, it certainly was now. "Once we're in position, we give the signal and begin the attack," This said, watching as the Council shared a look at that.

"And who, pray tell, would you have go undercover as slaves?" Mace asked and Thia held her head up high.

"I would go undercover, along with volunteers. I won't force anyone to join," Thia replied and watched as the group shared a look.

"I volunteer to go undercover, too," Ikoe said, and the group looked at her shocked.

"Ikoe–" Obi-Wan began, trying to talk her out of this, but Ikoe shook her head.

"I can do this, Master. I've done my fair share of horrible. I'm more than prepared for this. Besides... I doubt they'd keep the younger Togrutas, or anyone else, together with the adults. With me going as well, I'd be able to find them," Ikoe reasoned, and Thia didn't blame them. It was upsetting to send a 16-year-old undercover as a slave. But she had a point, and one she knew well. They would have a different method for breaking and molding a child into a slave than an adult.

"She has a point. If we want to find all the colonists, we'll need someone young. From the reports I've read, Padawan Kryze is more than able to handle this," Thia said and several other members of the holocall nodded at that.

"I wish to help as well," Ahsoka said, and Thia smiled at that.

"Thank you, Padawan Tano. However, I don't think you'll need to join us in the mines. Instead, I recommend that you join the troops that attack the mines once we're in place," Thia said and she couldn't keep from smiling when Ahsoka pouted at that but nodded. Younglings never changed.

"Alright," Ahsoka said, caving in after Anakin whispered something into her ear. Thia had her theories, as she couldn't hear what was said, but it, no doubt, would have been about how they would be able to better help if something went wrong.

"I volunteer to help as well," Rex said. Out of all the volunteers, his was the most unexpected.

Thia, though, aimed a gentle smile his way. "Thank you, Captain. I think three people is more than enough people to go into the mines," she said, and the group nodded.

"We'll meet you outside the Kadavos System then, Thia. Hopefully, that will be more than enough time for you and Captain Amelia to rescue the Governor," Obi-Wan said and Thia nodded in agreement.

"If the squads arrive quickly, they should be out of there by the time you arrive, Obi-Wan," Thia said, earning a chuckle and a shake of the head from Obi-Wan.

"We'll see you soon then, Thia," Obi-Wan said, though even over a holocall, it was apparent he was unsettled.

"I will see you soon. May the Force be with you," Thia said with a bow of her head.

XXX

The flight from Kiros to Kadavo was tense for everyone. Obi-Wan didn't particularly like her going undercover and going through what people taken for slavery went through. Anakin, plainly, didn't like sneaking and preferred if they just did a frontal attack but knew that would be bad for the colonists and whoever else inside. Ahsoka wanted to go undercover as well since it was her people but understood that while they didn't even like her going, they would hate it even more if she went. Ahsoka was still only fifteen.

After getting some rest after the battle on Kiros, Obi-Wan and Anakin started preparing them for what they might see in the mines. "You won't be able to help them then and there. The Zygerrians want to break and mold their slaves. They will punish you for trying to help. I won't put it past them to also hurt the one you tried to help. Keep your head down and don't cause trouble. Do you understand?" Obi-Wan explained, giving Ikoe a serious, desperate, look.

"I understand," Ikoe replied with a nod, weaving promise-illbesafe around his fingers and Obi-Wan would only sigh as he sent besafe-proud-worriedworried back around her knuckles.

"They train all sorts of slaves to keep their clients happy. They may... try doing something of that nature to you. We won't be able to help if they do. We will only be able to react after the fact or help you dissociate from what's happening if it's too much," Obi-Wan said softly, not wanting to admit the horrors of slavery to her, to let her see firsthand what could happen. To have it happen to her.

He felt a brief spike of panic as she realized what he meant. About just how far slavery would go. Anakin and Ahsoka felt it as well and looked at her in concern, no doubt knowing from experience and now the implication of what she might go through. But he watched in pride as she took deep breaths and let her panic and fear go. She couldn't let it control her.

The thought of...

That...

It was terrifying and she knew that there was a...a possibility of it happening. There were sickos of the highest order out there. But she swallowed her worry.

She wouldn't back down.

She couldn't.

If she didn't, then Ahsoka would instead be faced with that possibility. She couldn't do that. Instead, she forged beskar walls around herself. She'd push through the pain to complete the mission. She would get through the trauma with Healer Fae. She knew Obi-Wan would have her back and support her through it. She'd put herself through hells, all seven of the Corellian ones, if it meant protecting someone else from going through the same.

"I...I understand," she said softly, watching as Obi-Wan gave her a weak smile. He placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. She was grateful. She'd need his support to get through this mission. "Hopefully it doesn't come to that," she whispered softly, watching Obi-Wan nod in agreement.

She had no doubt that he hoped it didn't go to that either.

"Indeed," Obi-Wan agreed just as softly, giving her shoulder another squeeze. He hated the thought of her not having any backup. It would be the first time she would be alone, in a situation that could do her serious harm, since... since Vanqor. But he knew she had to do it. They had to protect everyone that was on that kriffing mining facility.

Rex and Thia would have each other to lean on.

And when it came to the rescue?

Ikoe would have them as well until she got back onto the ship.

But between arriving and the actual rescue....she would be physically alone. While it was true that he could provide comfort through the Force, but it would be weak compared to any physical comfort. He could remember from his own time undercover in less-than-pleasant missions, how Qui-Gon had helped him ignore what was happening so that he didn't get overwhelmed by everything. He hoped and prayed to the Force he didn't have to show Ikoe how to do that, but if it came to it, he would do everything he could just as Qui-Gon did.

Arriving outside of the Kadavos System, Obi-Wan grabbed Ikoe from where she was meditating. He could only squeeze her shoulder as they headed to the bridge of the Resolute with Anakin and Ahsoka. There, they waited anxiously for Thia and Captain Amelia's ship to arrive with the rescued slaves and Governor. He could only whisper words of comfort to Ikoe as they waited.

She'd been through a lot.

She'd fought as viciously as a Nexu to protect the men and her friends. She didn't back down even as everything threatened to overwhelm her. He knew she'd put everything behind her to focus on the mission. Even if she broke down, she'd put herself back together to finish her mission. He'd heard of and watched her do it before.

She'd do it again.

He had no doubt.

He didn't like it though. He didn't like how she had to. They kept going through harsh things pushing them to their limits. Sometimes, even, pushing them past. He had learned that hard lesson when he was a Padawan. Learned to push everything aside to finish a mission and then only once he was safe back in the Temple, process everything that happened. Ikoe learned the same lesson, but not in the same way.

Instead, she had had to grow up young and put things behind her. Work past the point of exhaustion and push past all the horrible things to keep going on. Joining the Jedi hadn't helped. Instead, she just had new terrible things put onto her plate. But this time she had people by her side. He could only hope they could get in and get out fast before anything genuinely horrible happened to them – her – inside the mining facility.

Seeing the ship leaving hyperspace in front of them, the group breathed out a sigh of relief when Thia's voice came over the comm. "We were successful in extracting the Governor and several slaves. The Zygerrians are none the wiser. If we're lucky we should be able to get the colonists and whoever else is in Kadavo out," Thia said as their ship entered the Resolute's main hanger.

"But they will realize eventually. Won't they worry someone is gonna go after the Kadavo mine?" Ikoe asked with a tilt of her head, her brows furrowing in thought.

"No, they won't. No one knows of the Kadavo mines. But after we rescue everyone and destroy it, they'll realize," Thia explained and Ikoe hummed.

"How confident are you about that?"

"Very. My people are close-lipped about their operations," a new voice popped up. Whoever the speaker was, they were female, and their accent was clipped in the style of an upper-class dialect – someone important.

"And who may you be?" Obi-Wan asked, stroking his beard in thought.

"Apologizes, I'm Captain Amelia. As I was saying, my people don't let anyone but their own know anything. And even then, only those who are directly involved know. The guards, transport, and the ones meant to break them know about the location of the mine. The only one not directly involved is the Queen and her advisor. Before my public leaving to fight against them, my family hadn't been a part of the operation in the Kadavos System. Even though I am fighting them and saving slaves from them, they are unaware that I know about Kadavo. After we manage this rescue, they are going to tighten their security, even more, to prevent this from happening again," Amelia explained and the group hummed at that.

"We can discuss this more once we reach the bridge. Afterward, we will need to do some changing to make sure we don't stand out as Jedi," Thia said before ending the call. With the blue glow now faded, Obi-Wan watched as Ikoe took a deep breath. He could understand her hesitation.

A lightsaber is a Jedi's life, as they said. As he had said. Multiple times.

To part with it wasn't going to be easy. But it was necessary to make sure their statuses as Jedi weren't discovered. Jedi were valuable slaves. The other option would be that they could be killed instantly, as the Zygerrian hatred for Jedi had not died down once in the past three hundred years. Zygerrians would fight tooth and nail to take them down.

He was terrified that they would be found out and killed.

And he'd be helpless to stop their deaths.

Just like he had been with Qui-Gon.

At the sound of the lift, he turned to see Thia and Captain Amelia entering the bridge with the Governor a step behind. While they went over the plan one more time, Obi-Wan kept looking over at Ikoe who while holding her head up and shoulders straight, he could feel her worry.

All too soon, it was time for them to change.

Rex had changed into some typical spacer gear. Thia changed into the clothing the people of Glee Anselm wore. Ikoe meanwhile took off her armor, belt, and gloves, and slipped on a jacket that matched the style of her dress before changing her boots as well. He could tell she felt uncomfortable with her prosthetic being out in the open. She'd always had it covered except for the fingers.

"I hate to say it, but, I believe it would be best if you left your lightsabers here," Captain Amelia said as she looked at the three when they had returned. The two nodded slowly in agreement. He knew they didn't like it. He didn't like it. But there wasn't a safe way to get their lightsabers with them – not without having their status as Jedi outed as well.

"Time to go," Thia said as they left their lightsabers on the holotable.

"Are you sure you want to do this? No one will blame you for backing out," Captain Amelia asked, looking between Rex and Ikoe with an intense look. The two shared a look before shaking their heads.

"We can do this, Captain. We have to," Ikoe replied, and Captain Amelia could only nod at that.

"Alright, if your sure," she said before leading them to the ship where Amelia then quickly cuffed them.

Landing on the mining platform, Ikoe looked around with Thia, taking note of different things as Captain Amelia talked with Warden Agruss. The Zygerrian sneered at them. The ugly expression had Ikoe's skin crawling. Rex bristled next to her with a snarl when Agruss grabbed her chin and forced her head around. "Captain?" Agruss demanded and Amelia stiffened.

"They're siblings, Warden," Amelia explained as she grabbed Rex's arm to pull him away. Agruss smirked at that and Ikoe felt dread building in her.

The Zygerrian's look promised nothing good.

His gaze lingered on her before he spoke again. "We'll break that easily. Put those two with the others. I'll take her to the children," Agruss said, and the other guard that had grabbed Thia nodded and led the way. As Thia was led away, she looked back to see Agruss leaning further into Ikoe's space and sent comfort-notalone her way. Ikoe could only weave thanks back before her attention was dragged back to the Warden in front of her.

Ikoe could admit she was scared. Agruss's signature alone promised bad things to come for them. She may have been successful at swallowing the lump in her throat, but that didn't stop her wince when Agruss gripped her arm in a beskar-grip. She followed him as he dragged her into the mining facility. However, when they passed what she assumed was a communications hub, she twisted in his tightening grip. "Don't struggle," Agruss ordered, and Ikoe could only breathe shallowly as she was thrown into his office. She grunted, her breath leaving her as she landed on his desk.

"W-what do you want?" she demanded, turning to look at Agruss as he walked over to some screens on the side of the office. The only comfort she had now was the tight grip her hands had on the metal. A reminder of her strength. Agruss pressed some buttons and the screens turned on to show the colonists and others working hard with some being punished. She sucked in a harsh breath as one screen showed a young Togruta crying out as a Zygerrian roughly pulled one of her lekku.

"I just wanted to give you a warning," Agruss replied, and Ikoe could only barely swallow the lump that grew as she watched another kid shouting in pain as they were dragged to a wall where their arms were chained up keeping them from moving before being electrocuted. Her hands hurt from how hard she gripped the desk and she turned her face away, her eyes slipping shut. "Look," Agruss hissed, his claws digging into her skin as he grabbed her chin once more. Being roughly directed toward the screen once more, she knew tears were forming as she watched the child scream in pain.

"Why?" she gasped out, finding it hard to breathe as she watched the child slump unconscious but being left hanging.

"Because, I know who you are, Jedi," Agruss hissed and Ikoe stiffened. "Your Master is well known. Your face has appeared often as well. I have to wonder, then. Do you really see the clone as your brother?" Judging by his sneer, he wouldn't like any answer she had for him, truth or lie.

Ikoe forced herself to calm down, reaching out to Obi-Wan, who knew instantly to send comfort her way. She sucked in a harsh breath through her nose as she heard a click. Then came a chill that was far more than physical as the familiar comfort of the Force left her. "Why would you care?" she asked, heart pounding in her chest, and the Zygerrian stared at her.

"Hmm, interesting," he said, stepping back and Ikoe looked at him warily, glancing at the screen and gasping when he backhanded her. She grunted in shock as she landed on the floor and looked up at him, fear in her eyes as she backed up until her back hit the wall. "You'll learn quickly how to behave properly," he said, moving to stand above her with a sneer.

XXX

Thia stiffened, her eyes widening with her tendrils twitching in fear. Amelia, one of the Zygerrians standing guard, glanced at her worriedly. Before she could draw any more attention, Thia got back to work shoveling and glanced over at Rex who was looking at her intently. "What is it?" Rex mumbled softly, barely heard above the sound of machinery.

"It — it's Ikoe," Thia gasped, her grip tightening on her shovel. Glancing at Rex again, she saw that he had paled. "He knows. He put a Force-suppressing collar on her. She can't reach us or the Force. We can't help her until we get that collar off," Thia said softly, watching as Rex's jaw clenched and his own grip on his shovel tightened until his hands shook slightly.

"Do you know what's happening?" Rex asked softly after a moment and Thia gave a short shake of her head.

"No...I can feel what the man is feeling though..." she began before trailing off. Feeling fear grow from Ikoe, she couldn't help slipping at the surge of panic.

"Thia!" Rex hissed out, glancing from the corner of his eye at the guards who looked over at them. She got to work once more, focusing on the motions to gather her thoughts before letting her emotions go into the Force.

"I...I felt panic from Ikoe. Obi-Wan... he's worried as well," Thia said eventually, and Rex nodded slowly at that.

"How long until we can move on to the next part of the mission?" Rex asked and Thia sighed.

"Once Ikoe confirms finding where the children and teens are located. And when Captain Amelia confirms as well everything's in place. We can't move too soon," Thia said, clenching her jaw as they continued to work.

XXX

Ikoe whimpered softly from under the desk. Her fingers dug into her scalp as she covered her head. She knew how metal prosthetics could hurt. She'd just never been on the receiving end.

"You won't be needing this for a while," Agruss growled out, pulling her mechanical hand away from her head. She couldn't keep from flinching, her nerves screaming at her from the shock he had given her. Her fingers twitched while her limbs jumped. Hearing ripping, Ikoe whimpered softly and risked a glance to watch him rip the jacket sleeve off.

She tried tugging her arm out of his grip, but he held strong and slowly undid the prosthetics holding. As he pulled the prosthetic off, the nerve connections undid, and Ikoe couldn't help but scream out in pain. She knew there was a certain way to go about taking off a prosthetic so that it didn't hurt. That was what happened every time she had to take the prosthetic off, for one reason or another. What anyone with a fake limb did.

But Agruss didn't care.

He just wanted her to hurt.

With soft whimpers, she listened as her prosthetic clanked across the floor after being tossed aside. "There. I don't think you'll be causing many problems with only one hand," Agruss said with a smirk as he then grabbed her other arm and dragged her out of his office. Soft keens of pain left her as the newly forming bruises on her legs hit everything and her exposed stump screamed. All she felt was pain, and she could barely pay attention to the path he dragged her down.

She could barely gasp when passing guards kicked her as they went about their business. Soon enough, he stopped moving and she listened as he pressed in a code. With the hiss of the door opening, she barely had enough time to mentally prepare herself before she was thrown into the room. Her breath was forced from her as she landed harshly on the ground.

"I'll see you soon," Agruss promised with a laugh and Ikoe whimpered softly, curling up on the ground where she landed. She could only curl in further on herself, her left arm curled to her chest as the rest of her limbs protected her from whatever other pain they planned to inflict on her.

It hadn't even been an hour and she had already been exposed. She couldn't help but curse the media at that moment for showing her face enough that slaver scum knew what she looked like.

"Are you alright?" a soft voice asked and Ikoe flinched at first before she registered the words. She was hesitant, but she slowly moved her arm to see Togruta teens before her while some other species teens were further back. Seeing the teen's sincere face, she gave one shake of her head and relaxed. Her head thumped against the floor while her legs slowly unbent. Murmurs filled the room as the teens and kids, ranging from 9 to 17 finally got a look at her.

"What happened?" a 9-year-old Togruta boy asked, inching closer to her while the original teen, a 16-year-old girl, if Ikoe had to guess the age, shrugged.

"I–" Ikoe began, coughing immediately as her voice caught on the one word. "I'm a – a Je-Jedi Pada-Padawan," she croaked out, coughing occasionally as she spoke.

"Here," the 16-year-old said, reaching out to help like Ikoe's head and pressing a cup to her lips. Ikoe sighed softly as she took a couple of small sips from the cup before they pulled it away once more.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"What are you doing here?" the teen asked.

"Meant to save you," Ikoe whispered, exhaustion pulling at her limbs as the adrenaline pumping through her veins finally left.

"And instead, you've been beaten up."

"Nothing's ever easy," Ikoe mumbled and felt someone crawl into her arms and realized it was the 9-year-old Togruta. She curled her arms around the boy who gave broken purrs, a sad smile on her lips as she listened to it. "Ikoe."

"Ashe," the 16-year-old introduced. "And that's my brother, Keluk."

"Hi, Keluk, it's nice to meet you," Ikoe whispered, feeling Keluk nod against her chest. "I promise you're gonna get out of here. You and your sister and everyone else," Ikoe promised, her hug on Keluk turning slack as the comforting call of unconsciousness pulled her under. Ashe stared at her for a moment longer before turning to the others and nodding for them to go to sleep. They all found groups and fell asleep against one another while a select few, such as Ashe, stayed up. They kept watch over the others in case a guard decided to come.

XXX

Obi-Wan was pacing the bridge once more, his arms crossed over his chest. Cody was to the side, speaking with some men about any last-minute preparation they needed, but he kept looking over at Obi-Wan concerned. Anakin and Ahoksa were worried as well but they were equally worried about Ikoe, Thia, and Rex.

Nodding to Blue, Appo, and Moon, Cody stepped toward Obi-Wan. He trusted the three to continue getting things done while he tried helping Obi-Wan. "General," Cody began softly, watching as Obi-Wan paused to look over at him. "This isn't going to help Ikoe anytime soon. You have to trust that Captain Amelia is going to protect her," he said and Obi-Wan sighed, actually turning to look Cody in the eye.

"I know, but..." Obi-Wan said, his shoulders slumping as he stared at the ground. "I don't know what's happening to her. We all assumed she wouldn't be found out but she was and now we can't figure out what's happening to her. She can't feel us," Obi-Wan said. Cody didn't say anything, instead, he placed his hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder, squeezing it before sliding it to the back of Obi-Wan's neck.

"I can't imagine how it feels, sir. But I do know how scary it can be to send someone without backup. But we have to trust her and the others. You trained her well, sir, so trust her. Trust that Shadow Thia and Rex will protect her," he said and watched as Obi-Wan nodded slowly. Obi-Wan took a deep breath as he reached out to the Force and let out his breath, letting his feelings go and feeling the Force sweep them away.

"Of course. You're right, Cody, as always," Obi-Wan said with a small smile directed at his right-hand-man. "I just don't like not knowing what she's going through," he admitted, slumping when Cody gave a comforting squeeze.

"No one does. But once she gets out, she'll need you more than ever," Cody said and Obi-Wan nodded.

"General," Captain Amelia's voice came through and they all turned toward the holotable.

"Captain, what is it?" Obi-Wan asked as he stepped closer. They hadn't expected to hear from Amelia so soon.

"I figured you would appreciate learning what happened," she said and Obi-Wan nodded.

"I would. What did you learn?"

"There were cameras in Warden Agruss's office for security that let me see what happened. He showed her what he would do if she stepped out of line and put on the Force-suppressing collar. He revealed he knew from her holos on the holonet and backhanded her. After that he beat and whipped her before all but tearing off her prosthetic, solely with the purpose of causing her pain," Captain Amelia explained and Obi-Wan had no doubt she was frowning.

"Was she put with the other kids?"

"I believe so. I'll find out tomorrow. From there... we'll have to see," Captain Amelia said, and Obi-Wan nodded with a sigh.

It was worse than he'd thought. "Of course. Thank you for the update, Captain," Obi-Wan said, and the comm call cut off.

"Don't worry, Obi-Wan," Anakin said, stepping close to Obi-Wan to knock their shoulders together with a grin. Obi-Wan sent him a small smile back. "Rex will keep her safe."

"I know. But just like you, I can't help but worry," Obi-Wan admitted and Anakin made a face but nodded, earning chuckles from the others who knew how worried Anakin could get about Ahsoka and the men when he couldn't help them.

"Comes with being a Master," Anakin said and Obi-Wan chuckled softly.

"Indeed."

XXX

The next couple of days were a blur of routine. For Rex and Thia, they talked quietly with a few slaves after revealing themselves to learn what they could and talked with Captain Amelia as the woman got everything ready as well. Meanwhile, for Ikoe, it was a blur of pain.

She got along with the other teens and kids, along with Keluk, who had taken a shine to her. It was a fight to not reach out and help the others. The first time she reached to help one kid up after they fell, they both were subjected to pain. Whips. Electroprods. After that, both Ikoe and the others were hesitant. A couple of times she had made aborted attempts, each time curling back into herself. The morning was slaving away with the kids, learning their place, the other half being shown pain and being in pain at Agruss's hands.

The Zygerrian seems to think the way to break her was through pain and suffering. He showed her the colonists suffering under his beskar grip. Then goading her into a response where he then hurt her in response.

"I see you've taken a young Togruta under your wing," Agruss commented, glancing over at Ikoe who had curled up in a corner. She looked up, worry in her eyes as she looked at Agruss as he looked at a screen with the purple Togruta boy on the forefront. He smirked at the fear in her eyes, turning to the screen once more while his fingers tapped on the control panel on his chair. From the corner of his eyes, he watched as Ikoe flinched, her fingers digging into her knee. "Would be quite the shame for something to happen–"

"Don't you dare hurt him," Ikoe growled. Her next words were cut off by a shout of pain as the collar shocked her with enough force to send her to the floor.

"That's no way to speak to me. I thought you had learned your lesson by now," Agruss tutted with a shake of his head.

"Please... please don't do anything to him," she begged softly, her voice cracking and Agruss chuckled.

"I'll think about it," Agruss said. He couldn't wait to break her. "Looks like your brother needs a reminder," he said with a smirk, listening happily to the clone's shout of pain and surprise as he was whipped. Ikoe whimpered softly, unable to look at the screams and catch a glimpse of Rex being tortured. She yelped in shock when Agruss grabbed her hair and pulled her toward the screen to watch as Rex twitched on the ground for breath, no doubt confused about what happened.

"Please," she gasped out, pleading with Agruss, her hand scrambling to loosen his grip on her hair.

Agruss just scoffed in response and let her hair go. She yelped out as she landed on the ground and pressed back against the desk. She stared at the screen, watching as Thia helped Rex get back up. "Since you asked so nicely," Agruss said, turning off the screen before smirking at her. "Now, I do believe," Agruss began, grabbing her chin to force her to look him in the eyes, his claws digging into her skin, "we have more to discuss in return for not hurting those two anymore."

"I've got nothing to tell," Ikoe grunted out as she was forced up and against the desk. The desk's edge dug into her back as the Zygerrian tsked at her.

"Oh yes, you do. You wouldn't have just let yourself and that clone be captured with that civilian. So, tell me, what is your plan?" Agruss snapped.

"There is no plan," Ikoe said softly, keening softly when Agruss's claws started puncturing her skin.

"I don't believe you," he snarled, watching as blood beaded on his claws.

"Well, it's the truth. The only plan here is to survive. I was on a mission and caught, just as your Scout said," Ikoe said, watching as Agruss growled.

Agruss had to give it to her, she had guts. Even as she looked at him with exhausted eyes, she kept lying. But he'd get her to break. Just like every other slave to walk through Kadavo Mine. An alarm blaring had Agruss cursing and releasing Ikoe's chin. Pressing in the correct sequence, the security videos popped up. Ikoe watched as an attack started on the mine.

Obi-Wan and Anakin were rushing toward a couple of towers and climbed up, shooting at the other towers to destroy them before cutting the guns in half once they were done. Ikoe couldn't stop her breath from catching as she watched the two fight on the ground. Other cameras let her see the LAATs and Headhunter starfighters joining the battle.

XXX

Hearing the alarm, Thia shared a look with Rex and attacked the guard next to her. Taking their staff, Thia quickly took them down and watched as Rex killed the guard next to him before working together with Amelia to kill the other guards threatening the colonists. Nodding to them, Amelia led the way out of the cells and toward the rendezvous point for the 501st to pick up the colonist.

"I'm going to go find Ikoe," Rex said and Amelia nodded understanding.

"I'll go with you. We need to get the children. Since she hasn't appeared with them, she may not be with them," Amelia said and Thia nodded understanding. As she watched, Anakin and Obi-Wan raced to them with grim looks.

"Anakin, go with Captain Amelia and find the children. Rex and I will find Ikoe," Obi-Wan said and the group nodded.

"This way, Jedi," Amelia said, leading them down the hallway opposite of where they had come from.

"Captain," Obi-Wan greeted with a nod that was returned by Rex. Taking off down the way Rex had come, they went further into the facility. Even that far into the facility, the sound of battle was clear to them.

XXX

Agruss growled as he watched the battle on the screens. With a snarl, he whirled around and glared at Ikoe. "You knew this was going to happen! Didn't you!" Agruss growled and Ikoe's lips curled into a satisfied grin.

"Yes... I did." She managed a smirk, despite what she knew was coming. There it was. A pained cry tore itself from her throat when Agruss activated the shock feature on the collar. She couldn't stop herself as she fell onto her side and spasmed on the floor screaming. The whine of the shock ending filled the air but soon, all that could be heard was Ikoe's keening and pants. She stared at the ceiling, not even able to move when Agruss stood over her with a smirk.

"Your going to regret hiding this from me," Agruss growled, reaching down to grab her by the throat and lift her up. She weakly kicked at Agruss who simply chuckled, a look in his eye promised her pain.

"You won't have the time," she rasped, though it came before a weak gasp as Agruss tightened his grip around her throat and slammed her into the wall.

"Let her go, Agruss," Obi-Wan demanded. The sound of his lightsaber igniting brought a weak smile to Ikoe's lips. Agruss snarled as he turned to see Obi-Wan and Rex in the door. Rex was holding one of the Zygerrian's staffs that crackled ominously, the sparks lighting up Rex's face to reveal a grim look of determination that matched Obi-Wan.

"You wouldn't try anything," Agruss said and Obi-Wan looked between him and his Padawan. Ikoe took the moment to grasp Agruss's wrist, digging her nails in before kicking the man. While Agruss was distracted, Obi-Wan took the moment to pull the slaver toward them. Surprised, Agruss dropped Ikoe, who let out a yell of pain as she fell onto the ground, gasping for breath.

With Ikoe on the ground, Obi-Wan shoved the man into the wall. "I know a Jedi won't kill an unarmed man," Agruss said, smiling as though he had already won.

"I'm no Jedi." Rex didn't even hesitate to throw the spear. Agruss gasped out as the electric staff hit its mark, going through him and into the wall.

"Ikoe," Obi-Wan called out as he rushed to her side. Wrapping an arm around her, he helped her sit up as she slowly got her breath back. "Are you okay?" he asked softly, reaching with his free hand to take off her collar.

With the collar gone, Ikoe trembled in Obi-Wan's arms as the Force came back to her. The first thing she felt was Obi-Wan's concern and protectiveness. "I–" she began only for her voice to catch and coughs wracked her body.

"Let's get you back up to the Resolute. You have quite a few people worried about you," he said, picking her up easily and she just curled into him. She had a feeling if she tried standing, her legs would just give out from under her.

"T-the k-ids?" she croaked out.

"Captain Amelia's getting them," he said and as they rushed toward the landing platform outside, they ran into Amelia as she led the kids out. Two, a deep purple sixteen-year-old girl and a light purple nine-year-old boy, Togrutas, paused at seeing them. He knew they wanted to ask, but they instead continued running forward next to him. He had a feeling they got close with Ikoe while she was here.

As they flew up to the Resolute, they watched in grim satisfaction as the all-clear was given and the facility shot down once the last LAATs were off. Landing in the hangar, Obi-Wan watched as the medics started triaging, their fellow men directing the colonists over to get checked out. It took only moments for Cody and Ahsoka to appear next to them looking concerned. With a simple shake of his head, the two knew to wait and instead Ahsoka broke off to help her people while Cody placed a hand on his shoulder and took him to where Helix was waiting to look over Ikoe.

Ok, here's the new chap! I hope you guys enjoyed it, sorry it took so long, life(school) took a lot out of me. The past few weeks have just been mostly me adjusting to being in school and working. I only have a week left at my job since I want to focus on my schooling so hopefully, as I settle into a routine, I'll get to write more. This chap was beta'd/edited by my friend Gen so give her some love for that. Next chap WILL be a happy/nice chap lol. Until next time! ~Love Willa<3<3<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 2K 70
Nearly five years ago, the Clone Wars ended with a purge that wiped an entire people from the galaxy. Jess, formerly known as CC-9976, a member of th...
3K 364 24
- Under Reconstruction - • Featured on Wattpad stories undiscovered (August) 🔎 • Featured on Wattpad Series 📚 • Featured on Wattpad Disney ❄️🪐🥀 ...
4.7K 113 50
Hidden from her past her entire life, Adriana is given a second chance to train as a Jedi and uncover the truth. Little does she know that her place...
818 71 63
A young Twi'lek Jedi struggles to navigate a galaxy in turmoil. During the height of the Clone War, when the Jedi need her most, she and her small fo...