Don't Let Me Go (Harry Styles...

By Mississippi_1D

Scarlett Ashley Smith is your typical teenager with her best friend, Eleanor Calder. They’re first year of UN... More

1. Beginnings
2. Sexiest Man In Rome
3. I'm Always Running Into You
4. I'm Glad My Misfortunes Amuse You
5. That Was Cute
6. He left
7. Distraction
8. Goodnight, Scar
9. May I Have This Dance?
10. Hot Damn
12. Don't Care
13. Hopefully With You
14. You Party Birds
15. Our Secret Palace
16. Sorry
17. I'm Torn
18. Who Is This?

11. Because I Have You

349 17 5
By Mississippi_1D

After our shower we dress and lay back in the bed.

"Thank you." I tell him.

"You've already thanked me, princess."

"I know. I just thought I'd thank you again."

"When do you leave Rome?"

"At the end of summer in three weeks." I pout and he smiles sadly.

"So you leave in two weeks to go see your parents?"

I nod confused.

"I'm coming with you if you'll let me."

"That'd be great!" I smile knowing that that means he's planning on staying three more weeks.

"And then afterwards maybe I can get transferred to Manchester." He says shrugging and my face drops. He's serious?

"That would be lovely." I smile at him leaning in to kiss him. He kisses back and pulls away smiling.

"I do love you, Scar. I wasn't just saying it."

"I love you too."

We talk for a bit longer before we fall back asleep.

*Harry's POV*

I hate lying. I hate lying to Scar of all people.

Louis and Eleanor stayed an extra week gone and that left me dealing with Wanted. Yeah it's my job but I hate it. I didn't sign up for this. Tony is a pain in the ass and I don't like the fact that he met Scar. She's my princess and she met the devil. I just want to tell her everything. My real last name, my real job, what I'm doing in Rome, how I really met Louis. But that would uncover every secret that Louis and myself have held from her. I do love her. I really do. If I tell her, they'll kill her just like they're trying to kill Eleanor. These past two weeks with just Scar and myself have been a dream. I tried calling my boss to get out but he's not having it because nobody gets to leave even if you finish the job.

We're leaving next week to go to Australia to visit her parents which I am nervous about. Her dad hasn't been able to lift the contract and he doesn't like me though he puts up a good act. 

I hear my phone ring and I slip out of bed to answer it.

"Hey Lou." I say once I’m downstairs in the living room.

"Harry you need to leave now. They're coming." Louis voice is full of panic and concern.

"What?!" I rush to grab the emergency bag I stored here and I grab one of Scar's bags. I rush into Louis’ secret lair and grab a couple of guns just in case and grab Scar’s passport stored in the safe.

"How long?" I ask Louis.

"Three hours but hurry. I booked a flight for you two to go to Australia."

"Thanks, mate."

"Keep her safe."

"Will do. You stay safe as well."

We hang up. Fuck. How'd they find out where the safe house was? This is bad. This is really bad. I knew they were closing in on Louis and Eleanor that’s why I was hanging out with Tony more to find out what he knows. The little bastard. I hate him with every fiber in me but had he not turned I would’ve never met Scarlett nor Louis. I stuff as many as Scar's clothes that will fit grabbing underwear and socks and a sturdy pair of shoes and her heels she loves so much. I grab her bathroom bag and pile it into her bag and I wake her.

"Come on Scar."

"Go away." She mumbles into her pillow and I smile at her.

"Come on, princess, we have to leave. We're flying out earlier to see your parents."

"Okay." She mumbles sitting up and stretching.

She stands to put on the clothes I've laid out for her. A baggy t-shirt and yoga pants something comfy for the plane ride. I grab her hand once she pulls on her vans and we walk to the car. She's still half asleep because her eyes are half closed and I'm supporting most of her weight.

My eyes dart everywhere around us to make sure they haven’t come early.

“Why are we leaving in such a rush?”

“I think we need a change of scenery.” I say through my teeth as we pull out of the driveway and ride to the airport.

“You can sleep on the plane.” I smile at her. Thank the Lord I have a government approved case so I can carry guns. Scar doesn’t notice as I pull out my badge and the security guards nods. She looks so cute walking around in a daze still in her little dream land. We make it through customs and finally we are on the plane.

I hear my phone beep and I pull it out.

From: Louis

Please tell me you’re on the plane.

To: Louis

Yeah, why?

From: Louis

Oh thank God. They blew the house up.

To: Louis

WHAT?!

From: Louis

Don’t worry the house Eleanor and Scarlett live in near their college is also a safe house. We’ll relocate once we all return. Wanted have moved but Tony is still working with the others.

To: Louis

That bastard

I put my phone away and wrap my arm around Scarlett pulling her into my side. When the plane takes off I finally am able to breathe properly. I have my girl safe and with me. I look down at her asleep and she’s an angel. My own angel. I want to so badly get out but I’ve seen what happens and it’s not pretty. How it would be so simple if I were actually apart of this gang as opposed to what I actually am, then I would be able to get out easier. I hope Louis and Eleanor can remain safe until we get back. I know once we move to Manchester it’ll be easier. I know I’m still on the job and have to follow wherever the Wanted go. Louis has to follow Tony since he turned and is a threat to everyone. I continually wonder what would’ve happened had Louis killed Tony instead of his little brother. Probably the same since Parker and Tony are brothers and are working with the Others.

My life is so fucked up.

Scarlett wakes up halfway into the flight and luckily it’s time for food which makes her happy. I chuckle at her, never in my life have I ever seen someone eat as much as her not even Niall who ate three packets of hotdogs on our camping/hiking trip. I’m grateful that just the five of us got to spend time together. Liam is the Wanted’s ‘doctor’ since they can’t go to the regular hospital because the cops would catch them. I know he doesn’t like it because he could use his license. Zayn is just a guy who grew up on the wrong side of town and was forced to join the Wanted in order to provide food for his family. Niall is the unlucky bastard who owes an incredible debt to the Wanted apparently something happened a couple years back and no one speaks of it but he owes his whole life to the gang. Louis was sent to bust the Wanted and kill his target, Parker, but instead killed Steve, Tony’s and Parker’s little brother.

“How much longer?” Scarlett asks from beside me breaking out of my thoughts.

“Erm, 6 more hours.”

She sighs resting her head against the back of her seat and turning her head to me.

“What’s wrong, Harry?” She reaches up to gently stroke my curls that are loose around my ear making me close my eyes.

“Nothing, I’m just not an easy flier.” It’s not a total lie. I do hate flying but I don’t tell her that I’m worried. 

“Liar.” She says making me open my eyes looking at her.

“You’ve been anxious ever since we left the house.” She calls me out.

“I know.” Is all I say.

“You’re something else.” Her touch falls from my curls and I instantly feel lost without her touch. I reach and grab her hand giving it a squeeze.

“I know I’m a handful but you have to believe it when I say that I can’t tell you.”

“Can’t tell me what?”

“Why we left.”

“Okay, Harry, I won’t ask any questions now but I need answers and soon.”

“I can’t promise anything, Scarlett.”

She sighs and pulls her hand out of mine and crosses her arms against her chest.

“I wish I could tell you but they’re not all my secrets.” 

“Whose are they then?” She questions even further.

“I can’t tell you.” I say sadly.

Her whole face pouts and she looks 8 years younger.

“I’m sorry.” I mumble looking down at my hands and for some reason Scarlett reaches across and holds one of my hands in hers.

“Just promise one day you’ll tell me.”

“One day I will tell you.” I promise her with everything I have. I will tell her one day when I finally get out and we can live happily together.

“Then that’s enough for me.” She leans and rests her head on my shoulder.  I sigh, she trusts me so much and I don’t deserve it. I should just leave her alone and let her live her life with Stan but I can’t do that because I love her. I have never loved anyone in my life because the agency drafted me so much that it was hard to get to know someone but this summer I have fallen in love with Miss Scarlett Smith.

After a while I doze off and when I wake up we have landed. After we received our luggage from baggage claim we walk out to the rental place and rent a car for two weeks. Scarlett gives me the directions to her parent’s house written on a sheet of paper before they left a couple weeks earlier. Once we arrive I am suddenly nervous. I wonder if Louis called them telling we would be early but I doubt that because that would be stupid and they would question why Louis was calling and not us. We walk up to the door and she knocks twice before she reaches out grasping my hand in hers.

The door opens to her father smiling when she saw her and frowning when he saw me.

“Pleasure.”

“Dad.” Scarlett snaps at her father and he seems unfazed as he turns walking into the house.

“Joe?” I hear her mother call out. “Who’s at the door?”

Scarlett looks over to me confused as to whether we should enter though her father left the door open and we cautiously walk through the door.

“Your daughter.” Her dad snaps at his wife and I frown. No man should treat their wives like that even if they are billionaires.

“Scarlett!” Her mother rushes towards her throwing her arms around Scar. I try to pull my hand away but Scar grasps it harder. Her mother pulls away giving me a huge hug as well. “I didn’t know you were coming.”

“Surprise?” I chuckle and she pinches my bum. “OH, okay.” I almost shout surprised. Scarlett chuckles from beside me and I send her a playful glare. She smiles cheekily at me and turn to face her mother.

“Where’s my room?”

“Come I’ll show you. I set it up like your old one.”

“I was 17.” She frowns. We get to her room and my mouth drops. The walls were navy blue with lyrics in white randomly placed around the room. Fairy lights placed around my bed and there is a white huge chair in the corner with a white fluffy rug in the floor.

“I can’t believe you set it up exactly like it was.”

“We wanted you to move out here after you graduated so we thought this would convince you.”

“Mom, as much as I appreciate it I’m not moving out here.” Scar says simply and I smile a little knowing she wants to not be away from me. At least I hope that’s what she means.

“Well, we’ll see.” Her mother says walking out of the room.

“I can’t believe this. It’s like walking straight into my past.” Scar says taking in her room.

“So this is what 17 year old Scar was like?”

“Yeah. Mostly. Years 16-18 were a dark time for me.” She turns facing away from me and studying her walls.

I nod and wrap my arms around her waist from behind resting my chin on her shoulder. We stay like this for a little while and I turn my face kissing her neck and she giggles.

“My parents are downstairs.” She laughs and I chuckle with her.

“So? Your dad already hates me.”

“He doesn’t hate you..” She mumbles sadly trying to convince me.

“Oh yes, because he just is so thrilled with my existence.”

“Okay, so maybe he hates you.” She giggles and I frown.

“I wish he didn’t.” I mumble into her shoulder.

“He’ll come around. If not, I don’t care.” She says simply.

“Why? Shouldn’t it matter to you?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because I have you.”

A/N

Hey I gave a little insight into the secret just to not confuse y'all later. 

Comment what you think! 

Much love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 311 15
*** this story is actually really embarrassing and I wrote this in my one direction fan phase but it's too sentimental to delete so please read at yo...
19.6K 176 25
Arabella Cabrera and Louis Tomlinson have been best friends since that day when they were ten years old. They made a pact that day, and for eight yea...
196K 7.1K 12
Harry had been hopelessly in love with his straight friend Louis for a very long time. Louis with his perfect girlfriend and perfect life. They met i...
5.5K 184 29
Julia is a girl who is best friends with Harry Styles. best friend best~Friend (bestfrnd) n. the one friend who is closest to you While thro...