The Eyes Of A Seeker

By MonsterDynasty

Zoe Isabella Snape, well, you can clearly figure out who's daughter she is... But then again, she doesn't. Sh... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1: Gifted
Author's Note
Chapter 2: Little Whinging
Chapter 3: 11 years later
Chapter 4: The Vanishing Glass
Chapter 5: A Letter from Hogwarts
Chapter 6: Hagrid
Chapter 7: Leaky Couldron
Chapter 8: Unwanted Attention
Chapter 9: Diagon Alley
Chapter 10: Platform 9 3/4
Chapter 11: Breathtaking Blue, Starry Eyes
Chapter 12: The Sorting Hat
Chapter 13: Potions Master
Chapter 14: Draco's a Dragon
Chapter 15: Visions, a Parchment and a Box
Chapter 17: Dark Lord
Chapter 18: Professor who?
Chapter 19: Pug-face and Ferret
Chapter 20: Three-Headed Dog
Chapter 21: Spilling the beans
Chapter 22: Troll in the Dungeon!
Chapter 23: Friendly Slytherins
Chapter 24:What's Happening?
Chapter 25: The Sorting Hat's Mistake
Chapter 26: Sassy pants
Chapter 27: Malum Potum
Chapter 28: Detention for Pranking
Chapter 29: Language of Death
Chapter 30: Restricted Section
Chapter 31: Diary of Death
Chapter 32: Chat with Death
Chapter 33: Sorcerer's Stone
Chapter 34: Through the Trapdoor
Chapter 35: Face of Fire

Chapter 16: Professor Quirrell

1.7K 47 10
By MonsterDynasty

Zoe's POV
Hermione and I are inside our dormitories, her bed was just next to mine.

"You know I still think you and Malfoy are a thing" said Hermione, crossing her arms and facing me.

I sighed and looked at her.
"Look, Draco and I are just friends! Besides, we can't be a thing! We just met a day ago. Plus, he's the clingy one not me" I said defensively. There was really nothing between us.

"Okay... but I think Malfoy likes you"
"What?!"
"It's quite obvious actually, he's protective over you, clingy and he only pays attention to you."
"That's absurd.. I mean, how can he like me?"

"Well, you're a veela, you're beautiful, exceptionally intelligent, you have this bright personality. I mean, really, there are more than a million reasons for any guy to like you"

I just rolled my eyes at her and lay down on my bed.

"I reckon you're just tired. Good night Hermione" I said. I heard her huff "Goodnight Zoe"

***

It was a blur, but I can still see a radio, and it was playing a song... A sad song... I looked at dad and he smiled at me. Then a tear fell from his eyes.

"My dear Zoe.... How I want to be with you and take care of you. But I'm afraid I can't..."

I tilted my head... I don't quite understand.

"I have to give you away my daughter.... You can never be safe in my hands."

Then he sobbed, hugging me tight. I was sad, even though I don't understand I can feel his agony. I hugged him tight and he did the same

I opened my eyes.. It was just a dream... I sat up and looked at my clock..

4:00 am

I sighed and ruffled my hair. There is no way I can go back to sleep again. Plus, that dream I just had made me curious.. That voice didn't sound like dad, it sounded like someone else's voice.. I know I've heard it before but now I can't remember. And why did I think that he was my dad?.. The sun wasn't up yet and the stars were still shining bright. The view looked fantastic! And I want to see the sky more clearly. Still wearing my pajamas, I wore my jacket and slippers and went down to the common room and quietly walked in the Hallways of Hogwarts to the Astronomy tower.

Once there, I made my way to see the perfect, starry night. I was astonished to see the beauty before me. The moon wasn't visible, but the stars were so many that I lost count! I felt so comfortable.. Like I was finally at home.. Everything was peaceful, perfect, it was as if there was nothing wrong in this beautiful world.

But of course it isn't...

This place deceives the eyes of every witch and wizard, thinking they would be safe and happy here.. I know so because of the vision that I had.

Something dark.... Something evil is lurking within these grounds.. Something that was feared will return.... It might not be clear to my vision who exactly that person is, but I can make a good guess.

Voldemort..

"What would a young lady be doing here?"
I turned around so fast that I thought that I would break my neck.

My heart was beating incredibly fast because a Professor saw me here... And not just any Professor.. It was Professor Quirrell.

"Ms. Jones? W-what are you d-doing h-here?"

"I... I-uh..... I couldn't sleep P-Professor... S-so I thought I c-could go here a-and enjoy the s-scenery" I said, stuttering as well.

He stayed in the shadows though I can see his figure. His hands were shaking and he looks scared.

"Are you alright Professor?"
"O-ofcourse Iam. W-why would you a-ask such a q-q-q-question?"

"N-nothing sir..... I... I think I should go b-back to my c-common room Professor"
Damn that stutter! It's like he's infecting me with a stuttering virus!

"V-very well... J-Jones"
He said and I bowed and hurriedly ran off but was surprised when Professor Quirrell suddenly gripped my arm tight.

I suddenly gasped and stood still, I can suddenly see a face, a terribly ugly face... I may not know who this person is, but I know a Dark Wizard when I see one. So I did everything in my power to snap out of it and successfully did so by forcefully removing my arm from Professor Quirrell's grasp.

I felt weak... Like my whole energy was drained.. I looked at Professor Quirrell in disbelief and ran as fast as I can to the Gryffindor Tower.

Once I told the Fat Lady the password to our dorm, I went straight to the sofa and closed my eyes... Who was that I just saw? He looks horrifying to even describe...

***
"Zoe! Hey! Wake up!"
I grumbled and burried my face deeper on my pillow.

"10 more minutes Hermione"
"Oh sure! 10 minutes and you're late!"

I shot my eyes open and sat at once. Oh Godric! Did I just sleep on the sofa??!! And did she just say 10 minutes!!!!

"t-t-ten Minutes!!!!???" I screamed
"well, now its 8 minutes"

"oh crap crap crap crap crap crap crap!" i said while rushing upstairs and changing as fast as I can. We had potions today and I couldn't afford to miss it!!

I ran as fast as I can to the dungeons and stupidly opened the door loudly. Everyone looked at me even Professor Snape. I gulped and looked down.

"Ah Ms. Jones. I thought you wouldn't make it in my class. I would be completely dissapointed."

I bowed in a complete 90° angle. My parents told me that when apologizing, or bidding goodbye you should bow to show respect. It's a Korean thing they told me.. And my mom's half Korean.

"I'm sorry Professor" I said and waited for an answer.

It was quiet for awhile and I thought that he would just ignore me and let me be in that position, so I took a peak while bowing and saw that Professor Snape was still looking at me.

"What are you doing?"

I looked down again and answered.

"uhm... I'm bowing sir.... It's... It's a sign of respect"
I'm embarassing myself... But I won't show disrespect.

"Very well, go and sit beside Mr. Malfoy"

I bowed once more and sat hurriedly beside Draco.

"Why are you late?" Draco whispered to me
"I overslept" was my only answer.

I wasn't paying attention to Professor Snape. I'm just so tired that I could take a nap. But I can't, or else I will get in detention. Professor Snape, like yesterday was asking some questions to the class yet I wasn't raising my hand even if I knew the answer. He would look at me when he asks a question but since I was too tired to even raise my hand he called Hermione instead. Plus, do you know what I hear from Professor Snape's discussion? It's "And the ambevooobii bleng beng booo from wawaweeee is bermboombing" seriously, that's what my ears are hearing. It's actually the first time I'm being like this. I mean I always do my best to participate but now I'm just too tired to do so. I think this was because of what happened earlier, that grip he gave me and the thing I saw, I knew there was something wrong and I was having another dark vision already so I quickly removed my arm from his hand.. But I guess my powers aren't that easy to control, since they like to drain my energy.

"Ms. Jones!"

"Yes Professor?!" I said startled
"Would you mind standing up and answer a few questions? As respectful as you were I can't help but see your swaying head every now and then. 3 points from Gryffindor in showing idiocy."

I stared wide-eyed at him... Wh-I-what the.

"Now Ms. Jones, what would the drinker benefit when they drink a Re'em's blood?"

I looked around... I'm not sure in answering this question... I mean I think I've read it somewhere.... I looked at Hermione and she looks like she doesn't know the answer either.

"Well Ms. Jones!"
"Uh... It... It... Will uh..."
"it will what?"

Crap Zoe think.... Think....think.. Aha!!

"It gives the drinker imense strength!"
He nodded, indicating that my answer was correct...

"What, Ms. Jones, are the good effects of eating a Murtlap?"

"Uhm... When pickled or eaten, these Murtlap growths promote resistance to curses and jinxes, though an overdose may cause unsightly purple hair."

Professor Snape smiled once more but there was also a look of concern in his face.

"10 points to Gryffindor, seeing that you've answered my questions correctly" said Professor Snape

I sighed in relief. I thought I would embarass myself again...
I then sat down and Professor Snape continued to discuss

"Are you sure you overslept? Because you look like you need some sleep. And you're paler than usual."

"I.....I guess I'm not feeling well"
"You want me to take you to the hospital wing?"

"Wha- no Draco... I can manage.. I'll be better in awhile."

Class ended and we packed our books, parchments and quills. We have to write on two Parchments about the origin of Amortentia, a love potion.
Malfoy was still there, waiting for me while I fix my things.

"Why don't you scoot along?" I asked.
He just shrugged and waited.
When finished, we both walked out of the dungeons to attend our next class which is charms.
But on the way I felt dizzy. I stopped on my tracks and massaged my head. The world looks like it's spinning. Then I saw Draco.

"Hey Zoe.. Are you alright?"

I wanted to answer him 'no' but I fell on the ground... And darkness engulfed me.

Draco's POV
"Zoe!!"
She fell fast on the floor, unconscious. I started to panic. I knew this was going to happen! She looked sick already!! I lifted her and rushed to the Hospital Wing

A nurse was there.. And when she saw me she rushed and carried Zoe and put her in a bed.

"What happened to her dear?"
"We were walking to our next class when she suddenly fainted... Is she okay?"

She didn't answer me, instead she checked on Zoe first. I sat on a chair beside her bed and looked at Zoe's sleeping figure.

"Her energy's drained... Whatever this young lady did made her whole body energy low. She just needs sleep. You can go back to your class Mr. Malfoy."
"I want to stay."
"That is not necessary Mr. Malfoy.. Ms. Jones will be okay in a matter of hours, so I suggest you go back to your class."

I sighed loudly and said.
"My father will hear about this!" and stormed out of the Hospital Wing.. I just hope that she's okay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 565 38
Rosalie Lestrange the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange has been sent to Hogwarts for the first year. However she was put into Gryffindor house which w...
397 0 33
Evie Lupin is the name she has so people wouldn't know her true self. After an incident that revealed newfound powers, she didn't want anything to do...
2.2K 19 30
It's 1995, and Eva's last year at Hogwarts has arrived. Nothing is as it should be, her life is pretty much falling apart. Her dad has re-entered her...
23.2K 344 32
*COMPLETED* Aurora Snape, the daughter of Potions Professor, Severus Snape, goes to Hogwarts at 11 years old. During her time there she fall in love...