Runaway ϟ The Flash [1]

sheismental द्वारा

❝God this is so cliché, Barry I'm not a damsel in distress.❞ [the flash: season one] copyright 2016 |bloodthr... अधिक

CHARACTERS.
The Start & The Dead.
Hungry.
Taking Care.
Late For Work.
Not Fast Enough.
I Can't Do This.
Fights.
Forgivness.
Sweetheart.
The Man In The Yellow Suit.
New Boy.
The Burning Man.
Merry Little Christmas.
First World Problems.
Jealousy?
Revenge Of The Rogues I
Snart Is Smart.
I Got My Girl Back.
Future People.
Morning Love.
Figure It Out.
Cannot Outrun.
PROLOGUE.
NEW BOOK

Time.

3.3K 78 2
sheismental द्वारा

HAILEY ANDERSON.

Hailey had her stuff in her suitcase, walking through the train station; waiting to hop on that train and forget what her life has been so far. She knew she couldn't scape her past or present, she couldn't outrun it.

But she could take a break from all this craziness; a break from Barry, from the metahumans and her powers.

So the best she could do is leave Central City and make her way to her hometown Starling City.

"Train to Starling City leaving in 5 minutes."

Hailey sighs, she didn't know she was sick until today. She even asked herself if it was a good time to leave.

From Karina;
I talked to Oliver, he told me you are staying with him for a while?

To Karina;
Yes, srry I didn't tell you. It was kind of a last minute thing.

From Karina;
It's all good, stay safe.

Hailey looks up from her phone, everyone starts to get up approaching to one of the trains, Hailey follows from behind.

"Hailey!" She hears a voice but closes her eyes briefly and keeps walking.

"Hailey!" There it is again, now she feels a hand holding her arm making her turn back.

"Why are you leaving?" Barry says with a frown. "Are you breaking up-"

"No, Barry i just need time." Hailey interrupts.

"But you are sick, you should wait till we know what's wrong." Barry insists, now holding her hand.

"Barry I won't stay any longer. Please don't insist." She pleads with an apologetical look.

"I don't understand." Barry looks at the ground.

"There is nothing to understand, Barry. I can't stay any longer, i might explode if i do. I was wrong when i said that i could do this, it's too much." Hailey says sighing.

"About us?" Barry suddenly looks up, hurt in his eyes as he swallows uncomfortably.

"About everything." Hailey clears up. "I won't be the girl that says pick me, not her." Hailey looks at Barry in his eyes and he gets it.

"Hailey you- no, it's not like that. Iris doesn't mean anything i-"

Hailey puts a hand in front of him, shaking her head.

"Stop, Barry. You try to deny your feelings for her and it makes me feel even worse. It's not only about you, it's about the whole superhero thing." Hailey says sternly. "Ollie promised to help me train, i think it will be better that way. I just need time." She looks at her feet, moving her hands uncomfortably.

"Uh um it's okay i guess." Barry looks at her with hurt in his eyes.

Hailey smiles lightly.

"I will come back." She reassures.

Barry gets closer, leaning in. Hailey hugs him and pecks his cheek.

"Goodbye, Barry." She says one last time before turning her back and walking into the train.

Hopefully this will end soon.

ϟ

(this takes place in episode 5 of season 5 in Arrow)

"Ollie? where are you?" Hailey asks as Oliver finally answers the phone.

"Sorry Haiz, i was training with Roy."

"Who is Roy?" Hailey furrows her eyebrows as she sighs. "You know what forget about it, just tell me the address of Fel's house i will take a cab."

"I'm sorry, Hailey."

"Don't be, Ollie. I know my request came a little out of the blue." Hailey says as she walks over to the doors of the train station.

"You know you can count on me for everything, i will be sending the address right away."

"Okay, see you soon."

As soon as Hailey gets the address, she hurries to take a cab. But for some reason no one seems to pay attention to her and gets ignored multiple times.

"God, Oliver was right when he said that Starling City was meaner." Hailey mumbles.

"Let me help you." She hears a soft voice say and then a whistle, within seconds a cab pulled over. Hailey looks over to the person and her eyes widen as she notices that it's an all too familiar person.

"Nick?" Hailey asks in disbelif, earning a snicker from Nick. His eyes scanning the red head.

"Small world." He replies and Hailey hugs him.

"I stopped seeing you at Jitters, i knew something was off." Hailey smiles lightly.

"Well i'm just staying here for a couple of days, i'm making an article about Star City's development." Nick explains while Hailey stares in awe, with a confused frown.

"I heard about it but um Star City?" Hailey bites her lip and Nick chuckles again.

"New name, hopefully new habits too. It was amazing seeing you again but i have to run, i will call you and maybe we can take some coffee later?" He says with hopeful eyes and Hailey nods quietly.

"Why not?" She says and Nick pecks her cheek and walks away.

"Listen lady, i don't have all day." The man in the cab says with evident annoyance in his voce, Hailey rolls her eyes and gets into the cab.

ϟ

Hailey stands outside the white door as she knocks once again, she hears people inside and suddenly the blonde haired women she was expecting to see appears in front of her.

"Hailey!" Felicity says with both excitement and relief in her voice as she pulls Hailey into a warm embrace, behind Felicity a tall black haired man and an other blonde haired women were standing.

"Uh hi?" Hailey says as she waves to the people behind Felicity.

"Oh yeah this is Ray Palmer and my mother Donna." Felicity says as she gestures both of them.

"Mr.Palmer i have heard of your amazing work as both scientist and CEO of Palmer Technologies, pleasure to meet you.My name is Hailey Anderson." Hailey says as she shakes Ray's hand, he had the biggest grin and it appeared that he had a bubbly personality. Just like Felicity.

"I wouldn't say is amazing i mean it is but as a matter a fact, the company was already there all i did was swop in and-" Ray started to babble and Felicity kind of interrupted him.

"Mrs.Smoak is a pleasure to meet you, Hailey Anderson." Hailey shakes Donna's hand a little too confused at the sight of a women that didn't exactly looked like someone that could be Felicity's mother.

"Oh you are so sweet, i love your red hair. Did you dye it?" Donna says with a high pitched tone as she touches Hailey's hair.

"MOM!" Felicity says embarrased as Hailey finds the situation funny, and chuckles.

"No, it's not dyed. I probaby should do something to it, don't you think?" Hailey asks as she takes a look to her hair.

"Oh no sweetie, it's pretty like this. I absolutely adore it." Donna clarifies with a big smile on her face, Hailey smiles as well.

"I'll let you three catch up. Let me know what you think about those cogeneration numbers. And Donna, Hailey hope to see you again soon." Ray says politely as he walks out of the house and Felicity runs to the door closing it.

"Don't count on seeing my mom...She will be busy planning my funeral after i die from embarrasment." Felicity says with an embarresed look on her face as she lays her back on the door and slowly slides onto the floor.

Hailey shake her head chuckling.

"Honey, i'm going to the bathroom. I probably drank too much wine on the way." Donna giggles as she makes her way to the bathroom.

"Are you adopted?" Hailey asks with a grin and Felicity rolls her eyes.

"I wish." Felicity claims as she walks into the kitchen.

"Come on she isn't that bad, i like her." Hailey replies as she lays her back on the board and Felicity does the same but on the other side of the kitchen.

"You can have her if you want." Felicity says sarcastically. "She just doesn't act like my mom, she dresses like a teenager or even worse."

"Fel, don't talk like that. At least you have a mom." Hailey says and the room goes silent.

"I'm sorry, Haiz. I didn't mean-"

"It's okay Fel, i'm over it. Besides i was the one that brought it up." Hailey smiles it off but Felicity still seems not okay with it.

"Honeeeeey." As soon as Felicity hears her mother's voice she groans.

ϟ

From Nick Parish;
Hey doll, would that coffee be appropiate right now?

To Nick Parish;
Sure, where?

From Nick Parish;
The Grind & Jolt Café sounds good?

To Nick Parish;
I forgot where it is.

From Nick Parish;
Want me to pick you up?

To Nick Parish;
No, it's fine. I have a friend.

From Nick Parish;
Okay, can't wait to see you.

Hailey looks over to Felicity and nudges her, Felicity hums and looks at her.

"You know where The Grind & Jolt Café is?" Hailey says with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah i can give you the address, why?" Felicity looks at her suspiciously. "You aren't cheating on Barry are you?"

Hailey sighs loudly.

"We are in a kind of break right now and i'm meeting up with a friend that's all." Hailey replies and Felicity gasps.

"Oh god what happened?" Felicity's attention is now on Hailey that rolls her eyes out of every situation.

"Nothing, Fel i need the address."

Felicity crosses her arms over her chest and squints her eyes.

"Fine, we will talk about this later." Hailey says and Felicity takes Hailey's phone out of her hands and writes the address.

"I will recommend you the coconut latte." Felicity says with no expression on her face, Hailey could tell she wasn't mad at her so she just laughed.

"Bye, you are the best." Hailey sings as she pecks Felicity's cheek and leaves the house.

ϟ

Hailey walks inside of the building and the sudden smell of coffee and cookies invaded her nose flares. The place looked exactly like Jitters, and everything in it reminded her of Central City. And Barry.

"Hey Haiz!" She hears Nick's sweet voice and sees him sitting in one of the chairs close to the other side of the building.

"Hey." Hailey greets as she sits on the other side of the table.

"So i ordered your favorite drink. I know you fancy the Vanilla Latte." Nick smiles as she hands the latte to Hailey.

"You are always buying my drinks, seriously Nick." Hailey says jokingly and take the latte. "Next time i will pay."

"Not a chance." Nick replies and Hailey chuckles. "Anyway isn't it crazy how much this place looks like Jitters?"

"I know."

"Whenever i miss Central City i would just come here and sip a coffee." Nick says honestly and Hailey is intrigued by Nick.

"Nick i know that you are that guy that buys my drinks but it would be nice if you told me more about you." Hailey smiles softly and Nick nods with a smile.

"Of course, well you know my name is Nick Parish. I'm 25 and i work at Central City Picture News, that's the reason why i am writing an article about Star City. Besides that, there isn't much to say about me, i'm not interesting." Nick laughs as he looks down, Hailey tilts her head as she stares at Nick, who looks adorable.

"I think you are very interesting." Hailey replies with a smile.

"And i think you have a boyfriend, at least that's what that dark skinned woman says when she sees me flirt with you in Jitters." Nick laughs and Hailey's eyes go wide.

"Well I actually do have a boyfriend." Hailey replies quietly, Nick's laugh fades away and a frown is plastered on his face. "We are currently in a break."

"Oh i just thought- i'm sorry." Nick replies with a small smile.

"No, it's fine. I mean i should of mentioned it." Hailey reassures. "I just really needed this."

Suddenly the place goes pitch black, a couple of screams are heard.

"Hailey? Hailey." Nick is quick to grab Hailey's hand and a sigh of relief leaves his mouth as he feels her warm hand.

"I'm here." Hailey chuckles and her phone starts ringing. "Hold up." She takes her hand away and searches for her phone in the pockets of her dress.

"Ollie? What happened?" Hailey asks as soon as she answers the call.

"Could you come to Verdant?." Oliver says quickly and Hailey frowns.

"Would you explain why the power went out?"

"I may know, but i need you to come here."

"Fine."

Hailey hangs up and gets up.

"Hailey?" She hears Nick's voice and Hailey walks over him carefully.

"Nick, i'm sorry i have to go." Hailey replies with a sad pout and Hailey struggles to find Nick's face, once she does she takes it with both of her hands and gets closer to him.

What it was supposed to be a peck in the cheek turned out to be a peck in the lips. Hailey's eyes go wide and she feels Nick's hand on her waist.

"That was wrong." He mutters, still inches apart from her face.

"Yeah." Hailey hums and Nick pecks her cheek.

"It's a shame you are not single." He mutters once again as he strokes her cheek. "Goodnight."

Hailey takes that as her queue to go and she walks carefully out of the Café.
Still shocked for what just happened and would it be wrong to say she liked it? But it didn't feel like Barry's kisses.

What has she done?

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.6M 74.9K 95
[based on season two of The Flash] || book two of three || Six months after Barry's failure to change the timeline and save his mother, Team Flash is...
12.2K 448 14
Disclaimer: I dont own the flash or music or pictures.
311K 13.1K 56
we fall in love till it hurts or bleeds or fades in time. [ barry allen x original character ] [ book one in the red series ] [ the flash season one...
209K 6.4K 44
"You're just so freakin' adorkable Barry Allen." Join Winnifred and the rest of Team Flash as they embark on a quest to help save Central City. They...