The Billionare's Challenge

By sugarpuppies

Kate was a decent and lovely girl until she had harsh experience during college. After graduating, she decide... More

Prologue
Graduation
The CEO
New York
First Day
Hangover
Happy Monday
The Challenge
First Move
Chit Chat
Preparations
Fashion Show
Friends? Or Not?
The Plan
Childhood Friend
Birthday
Post Birthday
The Collins
The Ex
The Dinner
The Past
Business Trip
Help Me, My Friend
Benefit Ball
The Wedding
Ferris Wheel
Mmmm.
Leaving and Coming Back
The Test
Hello, Kate
Knight In Shining Armour
Dinner Date
Tainted Memory
The Aftermath
Epilogue
A/N

Horses and Chickens

14.8K 519 27
By sugarpuppies

Marc's POV

I woke up with Kate cuddling me. I watched her sleep. Her face looks calm and cute. A strand of hair covered her face so I tucked it behind her ear. She shifted so I tried not to move much.

After a while, her eyes fluttered open. "Morning sunshine." I said, smiling at her. "Morning.." She said weakly. Her eyes are a bit puffy from last night. She suddenly pulled away from me and said, "Oh my god...I..uh..I'm gonna take a shower.." She ran quickly in the bathroom. I think she felt embarrassed to be cuddling with me. I just chuckled and turned on the tv.

Kate's POV

Ohmygosh!! How long has he been looking at me? I was even cuddling him. Then, I remembered my nightmare last night. I can't believe I told him that Troy's my ex. I have to tell him not to cancel the partnership. It's business and I shouldn't make it personal.

I took a long shower and thought about how Marc made me feel better. He comforted me when I needed someone. At least he did it like Zara. He really is a good friend. I may have underestimated him.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Marc watching tv. Good thing I was wrapped in a towel.

"My turn..." He said and grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom.

While Marc was taking a shower, I changed into my shorts and yellow shirt. It wasn't long when Marc was finished. He stepped out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist.

Sweet Jesus mother of god....

He looks so handsome when he's wet. Man, his body! His body is well built and his six pack! Ohmygad.

"Done staring?" He asked while smirking. I blushed and said, "I'm not staring. Go get dressed..." Well I guess he didn't hear it because he came closer to me. Droplets of water were dripping from his hair and he moved his face closer to mine. My heart was beating fast and he smirked. "Baby, you're staring at my body...are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He grinned.

"N-no..." I looked away to hide my blush.

"Baby, you look cute when you blush..." Now I even blushed harder. He then touched my cheek and my body tingled. What the hell was that?!?

He leaned closer and I closed my eyes. My breathing increased. "I want to kiss those lips of yours but I'm not some guy who would disrespect you after telling me about your past." He said before kissing my forehead and stepping backward.

I was speechless. I stood there shocked.

"I'll meet you downstairs." He finally said. I just nodded and headed downstairs. I can't even stop thinking about what just happened.

"Good morning, Kate!" Jane greeted.

"Morning, Jane, Sean, Uncle Loyd." I said warmly.

There's already pancakes and eggs on the table. "Sean, honey, come help me get drinks." Sean was busy talking to Uncle Loyd so I just decided to help Jane.

"Oh thank you, Kate. Sorry about Sean. He's really catching up with his brother." Jane said.

"It's okay...I'm glad to help you. Here..." I took the glasses to the table.

"Kate!!" Stella and Miley shouted.

"Good morning!" I chirped. Marc followed behind them.

"Morning everyone!" The three of them said in unison. We all laughed and sat down at the table.

"So...Marc, have you taken Kate around here?" Miley asked before taking a bite of the pancake.

I just sat there quietly and enjoyed my food. Yeah..I know I'm a pig. I love food but the thing is...I'm like my dad..I never get fat. I got the good genes.

"I'm taking her after breakfast." Marc said.

Oh okay...so we're gonna go look around? I wonder what this place looks like in the morning.

"Kate, do you like Marc?" Miley suddenly asked. Woah...woah..woah...

Do I like him? Yes, as a friend. I will never like him more than that. I admit he's kind and sweet but I'm not ready to love again. Not now..not ever.

"Yes...as a friend. He's kind and caring."

"Huh..son, never thought a girl would say that." Uncle Loyd smirked.

I looked at him confusedly.

"Oh..I know that Marc has different girls every week and has been out in public. Girls say that he's handsome and wild. Well, never thought that a girl like you would say he's kind and caring."

I giggled. "Well he's arrogant at first but I guess I didn't know him that well." I said truthfully.

"Are you going to the Benefit Ball?" Jane asked.

What Benefit Ball? There's a ball? When? I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Marc.

"Oh...Marc hasn't told you yet?" Jane asked, looking at Marc.

"Oh no..." I said while rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well, there's gonna be a ball and there's an auction. The money collected from the auction will be given to the orphanage. It will be held in August." Sean said.

"Oh..wow.." I didn't know they do charity.

"Marc, you should have told your employees by now." Sean said.

We chatted a bit longer about some stuff and at some point I'm starting to like Jane and Sean. They're so kind and caring.

"Kate! Wanna go shopping with us?" Miley asked.

"Nah..I don't really like shopping. Besides, I have lots of clothes."

Marc and I went out to look around the place. I can see chickens, turkeys, and horses.

"Wanna go see the horses?" Marc asked.

Seriously?!? I've never ridden a horse before. Heck! I've never been to a farm before.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. Marc just chuckled and led the way.

We went to the small arena. There were four horses. The black one is very majestic. It's body is well built and its color is beautiful. The three were also beautiful. I went near the black one then turned around to ask Marc if I could touch it.

"Go ahead. That's Apple. He's my horse. Slowly put your hand in front of his muzzle. Stroke him if he accepts you." He said.

I did what he said and Apple came nearer so I stroked his mane.

"How old is he?" I asked while stroking his mane.

"He's eight." Wow....he's big.

I then went to the three horses.

"That's Sasa, Storm, and Blaze. Blaze is Stella's. Sasa is Storm's mother." Oh that's why they look a bit alike. I stroked each of them and I liked Storm. Marc gave me carrots to feed him and the others.

Marc's POV

I noticed Kate admired Storm the most. I think she likes him. It's nice to see her happy.

"Wanna ride him?" I asked.

She opened her mouth but then closed it. Oh right..she doesn't know how to ride.

"Come..." I grabbed her hand and headed to the stables. I got what I needed and went back to Storm.

I put the saddle on and patted his back. "Uh..Marc, I think I can't do this..." Kate said nervously.

"You can..I'll teach you." I said.

"Come on...I'll help you up." She stepped on the pedal and rode on Storm. It's my turn to ride.

Storm moved and Kate froze. I was behind her so I whispered, "Kate, it's okay...don't be scared. Today, I'll be the one who will take away the pain from your heart."

She just nodded and inhaled deeply.

"Hold the rope tightly so you won't fall. I'll support you." She did what I said so I put my hands above hers. I started letting Storm walk. After a while, he started galloping then running.

I could see Kate enjoying. She was smiling and laughing.

"This is the best day ever!!" She shouted.

"Ok...enough of this. Storm's tired. Let's go see the chickens!"

We went to a small house full of chickens. There were also turkeys. Most of them were huge.

"Let's play a little game. We used to play this when we're younger." I said grinning at her.

"Ok! What's the rules?" She asked excitedly. She really is enjoying.

"Well...in our case, I don't know much about you. So, I will release all the chickens then we should catch them. In order to win, each one of us should bring the chickens back here. The most chickens caught will be the number of questions asked. That way, we can get to know each other better." I said.

"Game on!" I waited Kate to step aside to make way for the chickens. I scared them so they would run.

"Ready?" I looked at Kate and grinned. She nodded so I shouted, "Go!"

Kate's POV

I've been trying to catch a chicken for minutes now and I haven't even caught one. I've been noticing Marc and he's good at catching chickens. I don't know how many he caught but I bet he's laughing at me.

I waved all those thoughts and focused on catching.

Finally, I was able to catch more than three chickens. And now, there's only one chicken left. Mar and I looked at each other and glanced at the chicken. We looked at each other again and then ran to catch the last chicken.

I caught the chicken but Marc grabbed me by my waist so we both fell. We laughed out loud and stared at each other after a while.

"I didn't think you could catch that chicken before I did." He whispered before running after the chicken.

Looks like he won.

"Now, for the questions." Great! I obviously need to answer lots of questions. Specifically twelve questions. I only have to ask eight questions.

We sat by the stables while catching our breaths after a tiring chicken chase.

"So, who's gonna go first?" I asked.

"Me. So, why did you really come here to New York?"

I was surprised he asked that. But then, I thought he should know since he already knew about Troy.

"Well, the main reason was....I was badly hurt from the break up so I decided to go away. And I actually wanted to work here too."

Marc just nodded and waited for me to ask him.

"Why do you date other girls every week? I mean, break girls' hearts..." I asked. Girls aren't toys, we're also people.

Marc rubbed the back of his neck before answering, "Well, I'm not really sure but I think it's because of college. I would just sleep around with attractive women when I have free time. Guess it became a habit."

"Don't you care about what the girl would feel? I mean, we're not some kind of toys. We're still people." I sounded a bit annoyed.

"I'm sorry but this is who I am. Now, it's my turn."

We sat there and asked about each other. We talked about stuff like our childhood, high school life, and college life. I learned a lot from Marc. He's really the heartbreaker. His longest relationship only lasted for two weeks! Heck! The girl will surely be broken-hearted.

I told him my life, well part of my life. Of course, I won't tell him I'm still a virgin. That's the one thing I will forever keep.

Marc and I just sat there and admired the view. And then we heard someone calling our names. We turned around to see Stella and Miley. I guess it's time to go.

It's time for us to go back to the city. I will surely miss this place. My things are packed and I went down to greet Jane, Sean, Uncle Loyd, and Miley goodbye. Marc and Stella also came down and greeted them goodbye. Before reaching the door, Jane shouted, "Come back soon, Kate. I really like to talk to you. Such a lovely lady." I blushed and smiled shyly.

We spent the whole drive in silence. Well, I think it's only me. I immediately fell asleep after thirty minutes.

Marc's POV

Kate was sleeping while I was driving. Every time I would stop the car, I would glance at her. She really looks cute while sleeping. She looks peaceful.

I'm glad she loved the farm and my parents. I guess my parents, especially Mom, liked her. I have a feeling that Kate will fall for me. Well, I'm already starting to fall for her. I just hope I can win her heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 619 17
"You know it too Kitten... You want me just like I do, there is something between us that you can't resist. You can't help but close your eyes every...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...
2.4K 298 31
'Where Roses Grow' - π™π™ƒπ™Šπ˜Ώπ™€π™Ž Never mix business with pleasure, they say. Never date a rich man, they say. Never date a man with a fiancΓ©, they s...
2.5M 142K 91
After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to ruin his reputation. The only catch? It req...