My Paid Boyfriend

By RealityCheck101

*Book 1 of 2* Sky McKay is beautiful, talented, smart and in her second year in college. Her older brother, D... More

Chapter 1- When Pigs Fly
Chapter 2- New York Bound
Chapter 3- Stroll Down Memory Lane
Chapter 5- Reception Dinner Conflicts
Chapter 6- Steal My Show
Chapter 7- Night Cap Revilement
Chapter 8- The Morning of Wedding Bells
Chapter 9- Wedding Preperations
Chapter 10- Marry Me
Chapter 11- Realization
Chapter 12- Unfinished Sentences
Chapter 13- Love is Free
Chapter 14- When Watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Chapter 15- I'll Always Remember You
Chapter 16- The Hardest Goodbye
Chapter 17- It's Time To Start Living
Chapter 18- Drunk Talk
Chapter 19- Kill Them With Kindness
Book 2!!

Chapter 4- Should've Stayed Single

171K 3.9K 887
By RealityCheck101

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 4- Should've Stayed Single

"Oh look at this everyone is around for breakfast now." Macy gleamed putting down another heaping plate of food on the island.

I gave everyone a small grin walking up to get a plate. Danny on the other side of the counter smiled and greeted good morning to me while putting some home fried potatoes on his plate. Charlie was next to his side smiling at me as well drowning her French toast in maple syrup. Wow, looks like she's not worried about fitting into her dress.

"It is so nice to have the family around for breakfast and some new family members also." Macy giggled looking at Charlie and Jeremy. Passing Jeremy a plate he smirked looking at me as my cheeks heated up.

"No dirty pots or pans, no mess, nothing with a burnt smell; where's the food from?" I asked knowing damn well Macy or my dad hadn't cooked this food. Let's just say they're not the two brightest people in the kitchen together.

Macy smiled shyly thinking she probably could get it passed me, hopefully anyways, "Jasmine's Cuisine." She answered putting some spoons on the plates to get the food.

I giggled barely rolling my eyes. It was way too early in the morning for anything honestly. "So how did everyone sleep last night?" Danny asked, "Drinking before bed again sis?" He chuckled. I don't know why he made the reference but next to him Charlie indicated up to her eyes mouthing the word bloodshot.

"Oh, uh no." I said simply grabbing some French toast with a slight shake of my head. When did I ever drink before bed?

"You missed it last night. We were watching home movies Dan; should have been there." Jeremy confronted.

"Jeremy." I scolded, hissing his name. He shrugged his shoulders like it was no big deal grabbing some bacon off the plate. If we weren't in front of family right now I'd slap him hard!

"Aw shit Sky, I completely forgot about it." Danny cursed beating himself up for it, "Dammit I've been so busy I forgot our one most important tradition." He put his plate down coming around the island to hug me, "I didn't mean to ditch you. It was unintentional and foolish of me I'm sorry."

I hugged him back with one arm holding my breakfast plate with the other, "its ok bro. I forgive you."

"I'm going to make it up to you. We can watch them all again tonight if you want. I'll even bring your favorite; Sour Patch Kids." He declared releasing me of the hug.

I chuckled lightly, "It's alright Danny you've been very busy. Besides I don't think I'm up for another round of home movies again tonight." I told him with a sad soft smile. He nodded his head understanding giving my shoulders a little squeeze, "But you can still bring me the Sour Patch Kids." I pointed out sweetly.

He laughed pointing his fork at me from the other side of the island again, "Done deal."

I smiled grabbing some more food to put on my plate. I looked over to Jeremy as he put the spoon down for the home fries, "Thanks." I smiled looking up at his semi sleepy face. I guess that wasn't as bad as I thought it'd end up being. But still he shouldn't have brought that up to Danny, I didn't want him to feel guilty or sad.

He nodded his head at me with a small grin. I turned around and walked over to the dining table where everyone was already seated. My dad was seated at the head of the table with his newspaper and coffee in hand and a coffee roll on a white plate in front of him with a side of bacon.

"Good morning dad." I greeted taking a seat near Charlie. Damn and she's eating bacon? What's her secret into fitting in get dress?!

"Good morning honey. How'd you sleep?" He asked looking over his paper briefly before looking back down.

"Fine, thank you." I replied, "Anything good in the paper?" I asked. Not that I really cared but usually there was an interesting story to read about.

"Nah, the paper is has the same old boring stuff in it." He muffled turning the page, "I'm getting to the funny pages soon." He chuckled skimming over the paper.

I laughed cutting a piece of toast and dipping it in maple syrup. "Skylar I thought you said you don't sleep talk anymore?" Mom brought up as she cut some of her French toast.

Apparently I had this habit of sleep talking. I never believed my family when they first told me but when they started to know things about my life that I hadn't told them about I had to rule in that maybe I did sleep talk. I thought it went away once I went to college because none of my roommates brought it up.

"I don't." I confirmed to her.

"You do." My parents said right after in harmony.

I arched a brow up at them. Do they practice this on their free time now? How could they even hear me from their bedroom it's like two hundred feet away? "You know I only seem to be sleep talking when I'm under this roof." I concluded. If my friends never brought it up during sleepovers in high school or my roommates in college then what's the real deal?

"Well you were mumbling someone's name a lot during the night." Macy giggled hiding her gaze in her plate.

Oh no, someone's name? Who could....? Ohh.... That's awkward.

I looked over to Jeremy sheepishly hiding another blush that was forming on my cheeks. He just seemed to smile down at me, amused as one can be with a mouth full of food, "Well isn't that just adorable." He said after swallowing his food, "Maybe I should stay up tonight to listen." He chuckled making me blush redder.

"Don't be disappointed Jeremy when it isn't your name. No one said she was saying your name." Danny teased making a few of us around the table laugh.

I couldn't help but laugh right along with them. There was Jeremy getting so full of himself, again. He frowned a little bit at me trying to look upset, "It was your name Jeremy." Mom confirmed perking him up.

"Oh I know. I wouldn't doubt it." He chuckled drinking some orange juice he had poured. Oh God I'll never hear the end if this one from him. I need to start taping my mouth shut before I go to bed.

"What does a cow get when he doesn't shave?" My dad asked, perking up and looking at us over the paper. I shrugged along with the rest of the table mumbling, I don't know, "A moo-stash." He answered himself with a joyful laugh. Those funnies can't get any cornier.

**

When breakfast was over and I helped clean up I jogged up the stairs to my room to change for the day. Jeremy followed right behind me not wanting to get left behind alone with my family which I couldn't blame him. My dad was still going on with corny jokes from either the paper or some of his own. When I headed for my room Jeremy coughed for my attention.

"So what are we doing today?" He asked leaning against his doorframe like usual.

"I might go with Charlie to her dress fitting. I don't know if this is horrible to say but I'm betting on her not being able to fit into her dress." I smirked running my hands through my hair as I thought about all that food she ate at breakfast this morning.

"Girls are so mean." He laughed shaking his head, "I thought you liked Charlie?"

"Oh I do!" I exclaimed, "Charlie is the best. But all I can think about is how much she ate for breakfast this morning! On TV you always see brides eating like a pea for three meals and Charlie is just going at it normally on all her meals." I explained. I really want to know the Charlie Bridal Secret. I was going to need that when my day came.

He laughed shaking his head, "Maybe she works out. Ever thought of that?" He questioned.

I nodded my head continuing on about my plans, "Anyways after that I was going to run an errand, alone. And then I don't know I'll-"

"Wait what errand?" He questioned pulling his brows together, "I can come with you." He offered

I shook my head quickly backing into the room, "No, no it's fine I need to be alone anyways." I told him, "I'll come back and we can do something. If you want to go out I can show you around."

"Well I don't want to be left alone with your family in your house. No offense. I feel like I'm that boyfriend that follows you around like a desperate poodle."

"Yeah and now I'm dropping you off at a kennel." I told him seriously. He crossed his arms over his chest acting serious too. I sighed closing my eyes to calm down, "Look I'll be gone for two hours max. When I'm done we can meet up at a cafe or something." I resulted. He rolled his eyes looking very unhappy about it. I just needed some privacy for a little while. Was that so much to ask of a guy?

I turned into my room closing the door behind me just as he close the door at the same time too. I sighed shaking my head slightly and rubbing my temple. Even in a fake relationship I'm stressing out!

After spending my time in the bathroom I changed into a pair of royal blue mini shorts and a white beaded top that was short in the front but long in the back. I put on some strappy, brown, braided, leather sandals and my matching Kate Spade purse that Macy got me as a present for my second year in College. I searched around for my Ray Bans to put on the top of my head before checking in the mirror to see if I looked good.

With a small curt nod I exited my closet and walked out of my room. The guest room door was shut so I gave it a couple of knocks before opening the door. Jeremy lay on the messy guest bed in jeans and a thin beach hoodie on and his phone in his hand. I stood in the doorway fumbling around with the keys in my hand. "Danny and my dad are in the back hitting some golf balls in the revere. You should go join them for the time being." I offered. At least he didn't have to stay cooped up in the room.

He shrugged not taking his eyes off his phone, "Do I have to act snobby and pretend to know numbers like I'm on Wall Street?" He asked rhetorically.

I crossed my arms over my chest with a long heavy sigh. "What is your problem?" I growled to myself looking around the room. You're an Asshole.

"The problem is this: I don't really tell people when they're wasting their money but you paid me to be your boyfriend and darling, I'm acting like doggie hand bag. Scratch that you'd actually bring the bag around, I'm like the chew toy you left behind." He told me aggravated, ok what's with the stupid dog analogies? "I'm pretty sure no one here is convinced that we're actually dating. And you're father confirmed that during lunch yesterday when he almost choked on his steak when we told him we've been dating for four months. I'm practically just shadowing you around. Work with me here and let me do my job."

I dropped my bag on the edge of the bed and ran my hands through my hair aggravated and stressed out. Ugh, I don't care! It's was easier to be lonely and single! I sighed pacing the room slowly processing his words. He's right I doubt we looked like a real couple. All we do is stand next to each other and hold hands from time to time.

Sighing I turned back towards him holding my hands together, "Okay your right maybe I'll listen to you more about this fake relationship advice. I just forget you know? I haven't really been in a relationship for a while now that sometimes I forget even the littlest things." He nodded his head liking where I was going with things. Maybe it was because I was complimenting him and saying he was right, "We can work more on that later. But right now I need to do girl things that boys cannot be a part of like dress fittings. But if you go play cute boyfriend with my brother and dad then I'll ditch my private errand and come save you or something." I compromised. It was really hard to give him his way but some part of me didn't want to make Jeremy mad.

He sighed, sitting up in the bed and propping his elbows on his knees, "Don't beat yourself up over it. Shit happens." He shrugged getting off the bed and stretching. Wow, did I just catch a glimpse of a six-pack there? "I'll go hang out with your brother and dad. I'm sure it won't be that bad."

I smiled picking up my bag off the bed, "Thanks it'll mean a lot." I told him walking out the room, "So, uh, can you hit a golf ball?" I asked walking down the stair case.

"Is Mike Anderson the biggest tool on campus?" He questioned rhetorically. I rolled my eyes playfully holding back a smile, "I can't play well but if we're just hitting them then I'm fine." He shrugged digging his hands in his pockets.

Walking down to the back of the house I open the door to the patio where my father and brother where hitting golf ball after golf ball in the revere, "Hey guys got room for one more?" I hinted walking up closer to their fake grass set up with tees and golf balls.

My brother turned around smiling, "Of course! Come join dude." Danny cheered waving him over, "Grab a driver from the bag and have at it."

"You're leaving the house?" My dad asked swinging the club and sending the golf ball into the waters.

"Yeah I'm meeting Charlie at the shop for her dress fitting." I told them.

My brother turned around smiling, "Do you think you can-"

"Nope you will wait until Sunday." I interrupted knowing what he was already asking for. No he was not going to get me to take an early picture of her wedding dress. If Charlie found out she'd kill me. And my brother isn't one for being patient or like being left in the dark; he likes to know all.

Cursing he chucked one into the revere. I chuckled slipping down my shades over my eyes before giving them all a small wave good bye, "You not going to kiss your boyfriend good bye?" Danny laughed being the teasing older brother he grew up to be. With my back to them still I gagged rolling my eyes.

"Not in front of you guys. I don't want dad falling into the water." I chuckled trying to be humorous about it. But I don't mind pushing Danny into the water, I thought evilly.

"Come on you know you want to do it." My brother continued to tease.

I rolled my eyes shaking my head at him, "Grow up you're getting married."

My brother mimicked me in a childish girly voice before hitting another one into the water. I gave a quick look at my dad as he was still casually chucking golf balls like it was nobody's business. Jeremy was taking his time hitting one by one until they reached a good distance away. His words from the bedroom crept in my mind. Ugh, and now my own brother is challenging me.

I walked up behind Jeremy after he took his recent swing and placed my hand gently on his shoulder warning him that I was behind him. He looked over his shoulder grinning at me a twinkle in those brown eyes of his, "So I'll be back later. I'll text you when I'm leaving the fitting." I reminded him.

He nodded his head rolling another ball over to the middle setting it up. Leaning his lips down to my ear I had to fight the urge to back away and snap about what he was doing, "Told you we should have practiced." He chuckled in my ear before quickly kissing my cheek to cover it up.

I rolled my eyes hiding the smile I was trying not to give away, "Still not happening." I giggled shaking my head, "I would tell you to behave but I think you're the mature one around here that's going to have to watch out." I said loud enough so my brother could easily eves drop in.

"Ha-ha my sister turned into a comedian everybody." Danny joked. I laughed watching him send a golf ball into the revere.

I looked up at Jeremy's taunting eyes. With an internal groan I stretched to my tip toes, and held his shoulder to kiss his right cheek quickly, "I'll be back." I told him one last time walking off their set up, "Everyone better be nice.... that means you to Dad!" I added walking on the patio now.

"I'm a saint of course I'll be nice!" He scoffed waving me away.

I blew him a kiss and waved them goodbye one last time. Hollering for a taxi I waved one down and climb in. Holy shit I kissed Jeremy Coleman and not even on the mouth on the cheek and I just want more! Oh God, this doesn't sound like it's going to end well.

**

"Charlie you look beautiful, Danny is going to faint when he sees you." I told her one last time as she went back to the dressing room to change. I sat on the couch with a bunch of other women, all related to Charlie of course. There was her mother, her grandmother, four of her cousins a friend, and then me. Charlie was trying on her dress for the final time before bringing it home. Well not home with her, you kidding me Danny would be peaking though no doubt, it was going to his soon-to-be-in-laws-house.

"So you think I should keep the veil?" Charlie confirmed peeking through the curtains again with an unsure look.

"Yes!" We all screamed at her with nodding head.

She laughed walking back in, "Alright, alright the veil it is." Charlie agreed from behind the curtains. Minutes later she came out in normal clothes escorting us out along with her new prize possession that she was guarding with her life, "Ok girls I'll see you all later. Thanks for coming with me." Charlie waved opening her mother's car door and safely placing her wedding dress on the back seat, "Oh and nobody forget that the salon appointment tomorrow is nine in the morning, bright and early, so be there on time." She reminded placing her dress carefully and closing the door of the car.

With mumbles of okays everyone went their separate ways after giving hugs to Charlie I said my final goodbye, "Did you end up finding a dress for tonight?" Charlie asked sparking up our conversation for a couple of weeks ago.

I nodded my head, "Yeah I have something Macy got me that I haven't worn yet. I'll just wear that." I told her with a minor shrug. She waved to her mother goodbye walking along side me to her car.

"That's cool; I'm sure whatever you wear will look nice." She smiled, "So where you off to now?" She wondered leaning against her car as we came across it on the curb.

"Oh I don't know I wanted to run errands but I got held back." I mumbled with an unsatisfied look.

Charlie giggled shaking her head, "Jeremy doesn't like staying alone with the guys?" She pondered.

I scoffed, "Yeah exactly." I answered with an annoyed shake of my head, "Ridiculous." I added. I should be able to go do what I want to do without being held back by him.

"Your brother was the same way when we started dating. I left him once alone with my father and I got this freak out lecture when we got in the car. I never knew it was such a big deal." She admitted. I rolled my eyes with her. Ugh boys.

"Well what are you going to do? I'm sure you're busy and all." I asked, casually leaning against the side of her car. What kind of question was that? I'm sure she had plenty of things to do! For goodness sakes her wedding is tomorrow!

"Stuff here, stuff there. You're brother needs to get a haircut I've told him that for a week. Must I drag him all the way there? He's twenty-seven."

"And you're getting married to him." I joked-but somewhat serious. We laughed as I patted her on the shoulder sympathetically.

"Yeah so I'm going to go do my stuff. I need to eat something first, I'm starving. I hate eating on the go, I feel like a slob." She moaned rubbing her stomach, "What a girl will do to have a pulled pork sandwich from Joe's Deli right now."

"Oh, that sounds good. I might grab some lunch to; maybe Ray's or something." I shrugged, "I'll see you tonight." I called as she got in her car and I slowly started to walk away. We both waved at each other as we went our separate ways.

I started walking along the sidewalk with a crowd of other people I searched through my phone answering text messages and looking over Twitter. I only spent thirty minutes at the shop with the girls so I had plenty of time before I could go back home. Ha, who am I kidding, I'm going to Ray's alone like planned and after that I'm going to my mom's grave like I always do. I don't need Jeremy with me; I really don't want Jeremy with me I just wanted to be alone; like I gotten used to doing.

**

"And a grilled chicken sandwich with provolone cheese and jalapeños, please." I said giving back the menu. The twenty year old lady took our menus, smiling at my seventeen year old brother one last time before walking away.

I turned back to my brother as he started to squeeze some lemon juice in his iced tea, some of the lemon spitting at my cheek, "I can't believe you're getting that again." Danny said with a shake of his head and taking a deep breath.

"It's mom's sandwich." I mumbled quietly moving around in my seat. I looked out the window to the ice cream shop across the street and smiled, "Can we go there later?" I asked nodding my head to the direction.

Danny looked over while sipping on his tea, "Maybe another day Sky." Danny muttered looking down at the table. His finger traced over the painted designs of lines, squares and diamonds on the table.

"Please Danny." I begged, jutting out my lower lip. Danny sighed looking back across the street and muttering a fine, "Yay! Thank you." I smiled taking a sip of my refreshing soda.

Shortly after the waitress with the pretty hair and red lips came with our sandwiches; she gave Danny's first and mine seconds, and asked Danny specifically if he needed anything else. I rolled my eyes and started to eat my sandwich. Wow this is spicier than I remembered! Grabbing my soda and drinking almost half of the glass I looked back at my brother to see if he saw what just went down with my sandwich. Instead of seeing him laughing like I thought he'd be he just stared at me, almost as if he were mesmerized.

Grabbing a napkin I wiped my mouth and stared back at him. I shrugged taking another bite of my sandwich and looked up just to see him staring at me still "What?" I questioned, hiding my mouth behind my hand as I chewed.

Danny seemed to just snap out of it and look at me with a shock expression instead. He shook his head with a bewildered look on his face, "Nothing, just nothing." He mumbled repeatedly shaking his head. He grabbed his sandwich and slowly started to eat it. A couple of times I watched him look at me and blink as if he were trying to rethink something. Why is my brother so weird?

After that Danny never brought me to the ice cream shop. I went home and cried until dad came home. When dad saw me on my bed crying and I told him why he made Danny go back with me to get ice cream. Danny and dad had a big fight that night after I went to bed. I could hear it from my room as they were in the kitchen.

That was also the last time Danny ever went to Ray's with me.

"Would you like to order now?" The thirty year old waitress with pretty short hair and faded red lipstick asked.

I looked down at the closed menu, "I'll just take a Sprit for now." I told her with a single nod.

She turned back around and headed for the back counter. As I looked out across the street to the ice cream shop I faintly heard the bell on the door ring and the waitress ordering to take a seat wherever. I wasn't even that hungry anymore. Maybe I should take it to go?

Next to me a dark tall figure stood, I could see him from the corner of my eye and I was shocked when I turned my head all the way to find him here, "What are you doing here?" I demanded, sitting straight up in my seat.

"Danny told me." Jeremy replied standing there with his hands deep in his pockets. I raised a brow confused by his answer. Danny didn't know I was coming here, "Charlie told him." He replied to the confusion in my mind. I nodded once understanding.

The waitress came back putting the drink in front of me. She looked over at Jeremy and then back at me, "I'm guessing you need a few more minutes." She said unhappily to me.

"Yes, please." I said with another nodded of my head. She sighed turning around but not before smiling at Jeremy and giving him a look over.

As she left Jeremy stepped aside to give her some room to leave. He stepped back into place, taking one hand out of his pocket he pointed to the chair across from me, "Mind if I sit?" He asked politely.

I looked across the seat and bit the inside of my bottom lip. With a nod he hesitantly took the seat and placed his folded hands on the table, "Weren't you having fun with Danny and my dad?" I said trying to give him a smile.

"Golf can get boring." He replied with a minor shrug of his shoulders, "Were you planning on ditching me the entire day?" He questioned. I bowed my head kind of feeling ashamed that I was going to, "Well at least I know why you didn't want me to go with you. I would have understood." He said grabbing the salt shaker.

"I know." I sighed crossing my arms over my chest, "I didn't expect you to understand, but it's nice to know."

"Well I'd want the same." He hinted. I scrunched my eye brows together opening my mouth to say something but the waitress came back with a less of an annoyed look on her face.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked looking straight at Jeremy.

Jeremy grinned, "A Coke would be nice." He ordered. The lady walked away to the back grabbing his drink.

"Are you hungry?" I asked sliding him the menu in front of me, "Danny likes the pastrami a lot. The buffalo chicken breast isn't bad either." I informed letting him flip through the menu on his own.

The waitress quickly came back with his Coke and asked us for our orders; correction asked for Jeremy's order first, "You can take her order first." He offered pointing the menu to me.

The waitress fell speechless for a moment, opening and closing her mouth before turning to me with a closed mouth grin asking me what I wanted, "Grilled chicken sandwich with provolone cheese and jalapeños, please."

She nodded once scribbling it down and turning to Jeremy, "I'll have a Reuben sandwich." He ordered lastly handing the menu back to the waitress. She smiled at him walking away; he turned back to me with hands folded again.

"You are aware that tonight is the reception dinner, correct? It'll be our first real show." I smirked playing with the straw in my glass cup.

"Yes I am aware." He confirmed, "It'll be our best show ever." He chuckled, "Nervous?"

"To be honest, yes just a bit. I mean I know I can do it but I just feel like because I know it's fake everyone is going to know it too. I feel like they can read my mind or something." I said truthfully stirring my straw around in my cup. I hope I don't get caught or found out; that would be shameful and embarrassing!

"You'll do fine. Just act normal, it's not hard to do. Have fun with it, it's not all the time that you can pretend to be dating someone as charming, sexy, and dashing as me." Jeremy smiled cockily.

I rolled my eyes with a small laugh. Looking down at the table I started to trace the shapes with the tip of my finger. Casual chit chat buzzed around the room. Not many people were actually sitting at tables ordering. Lots of people were ordering to go and leaving as quickly as possible. Ray's was never a busy place, even though it is lunch time now. Most places would be swamped with people and orders coming from left and right.

Ray's is a quaint little place. Small rusted color tiles cover the floors with a few cracks here and there, pale yellow walls were painted on and some of it chipping, wooden tables and black chair sets of two or four were set up on the majority part of the place. After the wood and glasscounter where the cash register was, then came the back kitchen to cook, clean and prep food. The glass show case out front had fresh made cold cut sandwiches if people wanted to take to go. A new flat screen TV hung at the far corner of the shop behind the counter always playing a cooking show or one of those reality TV shows where critics went on the road and tested people's restaurants. There were the old picture frames, potted green plants, and a pin board of business cards that hung around to take up some space.

This wasn't by far some classy five star joint. It got two stars in the papers but they were two proud stars. The food wasn't bad at all and that's what counted. Jeremy was playing with the salt shaker; tipping it so that he could fill in the shapes with the salt to give him something to do. When I took a sip of my drink he swiped the mess off the table and cleaned his hands off.

He watched me for a moment and thought about something. It took him a moment or two before spitting it out, "You like coming here?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered simply.

"Do you like being here alone?" He question next.

"I've gotten used to it." I shrugged mumbling my answer.

The waitress finally came with our food, placing our sandwiches in front of us and asking Jeremy if he needed anything else, "No I'm good. Do you need anything, sunshine?" He smiled eating a fry from his plate.

I looked up a little stunned when she hesitantly turned to me, "No, no thank you I'm good." I said. She quickly walked away before I could even finish my answer to her. I rolled my eyes taking a bite of my sandwich.

Jeremy chuckled getting me to glance at him, "She's seems to be a little..."

"Slutty, trashy, rude, annoying, unhappy, impatient, sexist; I could go on." I rambled looking over for the waitress in case she heard anything.

Jeremy laughed nodding his head as he chewed on his sandwich, "You could say that too."

"She's been here for eight long years, it must be miserable. She hasn't changed a bit." I added remembering her from the first time. Maybe she's the reason why Danny never came back; doubt it.

"Wow that's long." Jeremy said taking a drink of his soda. Once we were nearly done with our sandwiches, or mostly, I couldn't finish my sandwich as usual, I looked across the street debating if my stomach could take on more food, "If we go there I'm getting the flavor you asked for last time." Jeremy chuckled eating his last bite of his sandwich.

"I'm debating whether or not my stomach can take more on." I sighed running my hands through my messy hair. I could feel the panic start to set in on all the things I had to do by five o'clock tonight and then tomorrow.

"Your brother was asking me questions about us." Jeremy admitted after wiping his mouth on a napkin and picking up his trash around him.

"Like what?" I asked leaning on the table in anticipation. Oh God, we're screwed.

"Our first date was at the winter carnival just remember that." He told me, "And I have not seen you drunk only sleep deprived. You're welcome for that, I'm sure you don't want your family knowing you get wasted at College." He chuckled.

"Well I've never got wasted at College before, and you've never seen me drunk so that's not a lie. But sleep deprived probably." I told.

"Wait, you're telling me you've never been drunk at college. Please tell me you've been to one of the parties at least." He said with shock.

Was it so hard to believe that my friends and I have a better time buying our own liquor and sitting in our room with PJs on doing whatever like playing games, prank calling, watching bad TV drama, and singing karaoke. Or the time when a bunch of us girls in the dorm gathered in four other rooms and the hallway just having fun. Or my favorite time when Paige, Carly, Jade, Erin, Samantha, Alisha and I went to one of the campus parties and stole some of the liquor to bring back to the girl's dorm. We could get wasted and have our own fun without getting busted for a massive party, someone getting raped, someone getting videotaped doing something embarrassingly stupid, or a night with someone that you'll regret forever. All in the comfort of your own dorm room in comfortable clothes.

"Well, wouldn't you like to know the answer?" I laughed leaning over the table with a smirk on my face.

Jeremy smiled biting his bottom lip as he leaned back on the chair, "I would like to know actually." He smirked crossing his arms over his chest.

"I know you would." I smirked back taking a sip of my soda, "To bad I won't tell you." I sighed deeply.

"Well you should tell me in case someone-like your brother- asks." He insisted as I pretended to think about it.

Biting my bottom lip and fake thinking about it I shook my head grinning wickedly, "Nah, it's not that important." I chuckled. Before Jeremy could come up with an answer to tell me the waitress came back looking at me and then to Jeremy asking if we needed anything. I told her I'd take the other half of my sandwich to go but Jeremy said he was all set. She took both our plates walking away with her head held high.

"So how about getting some of that ice cream?" Jeremy wondered nodding his head back to the ice cream place.

"I think I can go from some Vienna Mocha Chunk." I agreed liking the sound of some dessert now.

"Oh, what's that now?" He wondered as the girl brought a little bag that contained my sandwich.

"What happened to wanting the other flavor?" I teased getting up with my left overs. I went up to the cash register and paid for lunch walking out to cross the street.

When we got in the place wasn't nearly as packed as I thought it would be. It was more crowded than Ray's for sure, which isn't a surprise. I got the Vienna Mocha Chip like I said I would and Jeremy stuck with the Raspberry Truffle, but insisted that he was going to have some of mine. So for a while we walked around until we finished our ice cream, talked a bit more, and finally called a taxi when time was near for us to start getting ready for the reception dinner. To tell you the truth, being around Jeremy Coleman wasn't as bad anymore. Maybe I was growing tolerable of his presence, it was something at the least, but so far- in these few hours we spent together- I didn't regret the choice of asking him to come along.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Happy reading! Thanks for reading! Hope you all enjoyed :D- XOLuvKylie&Kelsey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714 77 27
Sky is the High school dork. No friends and has a arch enemy. Perfect recipe for disaster. What will happen to her when the new twins, Marcy and Aust...
128K 3.9K 23
Isla Collins has found out big news in her life. Even more bigger than Kim and Kayne's wedding. She thought she could trust people and have a happy l...
3.1M 78.1K 23
BOOK 2! **Must read My Paid Boyfriend before reading this!** You know the story of Jeremy and Sky. How Sky left Jeremy thinking it was better for hi...
22.9M 511K 26
There are two things Harper Lynch wasn't expecting when she made out with an attractive stranger at her aunt's wedding. One: He would show up on her...