The Shrewd Wolves (H&HP Serie...

By shruthii

"You don't want a mate and neither do I. So for the sake of our wolves, let's just complete the mating proces... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue

Chapter 54

28.6K 1.3K 197
By shruthii

Hi,

BELATED HOLI WISHES AND HAVE A BLESSED GOOD FRIDAY :D

Sorry for the delay but I am absolutely thrilled about your response for the previous chapter. It was a complete boost to me!

54th Chapter is out and it is dedicated to @tweetyelsie :D

Cover above done by @_dholie_ :D

Enjoy!

****

"But pain's like water. It finds a way to push through any seal. There's no way to stop it."

-Katie Kacvinsky.

DARYA P.O.V

"Sel" my voice was a whisper as I stumbled towards her. My legs gave away mid way and I dropped on the ground beside her.

Duncan was cupping her face and trying to wake her up, but she wasn't responding. Lorcan was sobbing loudly and there was no one to console him.

Lorcan knew his mother was hurt and tried to help her. But Quillon held his wrist before he could touch the javelin. "No. It's going to hurt her more" Quillon told him and sniffing, Lorcan nodded.

"Sel" with shaky hands, I tried to touch her. My vision was cloudy and I blinked, trying to clear my view. Yet, to no success! My heart was pounding so fast in my chest that I could only feel a cold shiver run down my spine.

She... she is my rock! I wouldn't be here without her.

My eyes drifted to the javelin and a cry escaped from my mouth as I watched it. The color of blood had already started soaking her light blue shirt.

I didn't know what to do at that moment. I wanted to help her, but I didn't know how. Pulling out the javelin could hurt her and I couldn't...

"Darya" I turned my head to look at Quillon, the only one who seemed calm amongst us. "Go" he said looking me in the eye and I just stared at him.

I couldn't understand... I wanted to help Sel!

"Go" Quillon repeated firmly and when he looked at someone behind me, he displayed his fangs and let out a feral growl. "I can do something to ease her pain, but you... you need to stop Konrad!" Quillon said, his eyes drifting towards Sel, who was still in Duncan's arms.

"What should I do?" Duncan asked Quillon.

"Just hold her" he replied and then forcefully held my arm. "Darya, stop him before he kills someone else" Quillon's commanding voice made me realize that Konrad, who did this to Sel, was still out there and with another clone, he could do much more damage than what he had already done.

"GO" Quillon shouted.

Turning my head, I let out an earth shattering growl before standing on my feet and glaring at Konrad.

There was only two of him... one had escaped! I didn't know how the third one was created, but all I knew was the damage it can do if it's not stopped in time.

One of the clones bared his fangs and growled savagely at me, which caused my wolf to fume inside me.

I ran towards him with full speed and then we both leapt high in the air. I managed to trash his neck, while he drew blood on my waist. We both fell on the ground with a thud, but Konrad stood up easily. Before I could stand up, I was raised from the ground by another clone and then thrown like a doll.

I fell a few feet away and the tender skin on my face got scraped when it touched the rough ground. As I stood up, I saw Quillon slowly pulling out the javelin from Sel's back. I knew Sel was in safe hands.

I then directed my attention to Konrad and his clone. I couldn't tell which one was real and which one was not. I also couldn't tell if both were clones or not. However, the need to kill both of them was primary and as my wolf stomped her paws, I once again rushed towards them. This time, I used my elemental gift air and I was too fast for them. They saw me coming, but they couldn't exactly tell where I was as I ran around them.

Their momentary distraction was my window of opportunity and I made full use of it. I entwined my fingers and smashed one of the clone's wolfy head and as it dropped on the ground, I shoved second one to the nearest tree using my gift and once there, I entwined the branches of that tree so tightly that the creature had to struggle to breathe.

He was trapped and I had time until then to give my complete attention to the other one. I used my gift of earth while running towards him and once I was close enough to him, I wrapped the vines around his neck and then brought him to the ground.

Meanwhile, the trapped one snarled in rage and I heard a faint cracking sound. I tightened the coil around him and gritted my teeth, when the clone broke it with his claws. He stumbled a few steps while trying to regain composure and at that time, I let the vine entwine his legs. When he made a move, he once again fell on the ground and rushing, I slammed my elbows on his skull.

When he groaned, I electrocuted him, knocking him out. The other clone was still struggling and knowing I had time, I rushed towards Quillon and Duncan.

"I did what I could, but she needs to be taken to a doctor. Too much blood loss" Quillon filled in hastily. "And... the wound is on her spine, her nervous system... she needs medical attention... ASAP."

"I will take her"

"No.... you cannot carry her... she needs to be laid" Quillon filled in and then looked at me. "We need a stretcher. Go get the car until then" Quillon told him and he left.

Within few seconds, I prepared an artificial stretcher with branches and leaves.

"It's my fault" Quillon said grimly and I furrowed my brows. "The second clone, it's because of me."

"How?"

"I drew his blood out while I punched him. I thought nothing would happen... but... we cannot even let a single drop touch the ground."

"But only I can do it" I argued.

"No... I think the first one only you could... the first drop!"

"Like planting a seed" I observed and Quillon nodded. "Which means anyone else can bring his clone out" I said in disbelief.

"There has to be another condition which we might be missing, but no time to think about it" Quillon stated and I agreed with him. I glanced at the other wolf and when I thought he would break free completely, I once again let thick branches and vines completely entwine his body.

"This won't work forever" Quillon said and I lowered my lashes. I knew I cannot forever keep him trapped like that.

"It is working now" I remarked and then walked towards the trapped one.

Quillon stopped mid-way and I furrowed my brows. "What happened?" I questioned.

"I can hear Duncan's thoughts" he said and I stared at him in confusion until Quillon let out an angry growl. "He destroyed all our vehicles" Quillon said and I closed my eyes. That's where the third one has escaped to!

Duncan reappeared a minute later.

"Go" I pleaded Quillon.

"No. You go... you can help him go faster. I will take care of this" Quillon stated looking me in the eye.

I nodded and then leaning forward, I kissed him fiercely before helping carrying one end of the stretcher.

__

I ran at the front, with Duncan, who was also carrying Lorcan on his back, behind me. I spread the trees apart for us, removed all barriers coming our way and made the road clear so that we could run faster.

Duncan had already connected with Waylon, his beta through the link, but it was only twenty minutes later that we met their vehicle. Once in the van, we drove to the clinic.

Everything was pre-arranged and Sel was directly taken into OT and it was a struggle for all of us to refrain Duncan from going inside.

I sat on the stool, with Lorcan sleeping on my lap. He had been crying for a long time, but tiredness crept in and soon, he fell asleep.

The door opened and I looked at Dr. Grover, who looked pale and grim. "It's a spinal cord injury" the doctor whispered shakily and I gulped. "We are doing what we can, but we need a specialist" she told Duncan.

"He is going to be here" Waylon supplied quickly. "I have already called Dr Mendon of Czar Pack."

"I called Lory" Tina said softly.

"She is a healer" I told everyone and they nodded. Duncan dropped on a nearest chair and ran his hands through his hair.

The door to the OT closed again and I rested my head against the wall and closed my eyes, letting all the tears flow.

Sel is my rock. She is not just a sister-in-law to me. In fact, she is a friend, guardian, shield, an Alpha, sister, idol and a mother. I grew up watching her. I grew up wanting to become like her. I saw how she defied everything to protect me. She lied to her own mate for me. She united me with the only blood related family I had. She sacrificed so much for me that just thinking about it flooded my eyes and my heart to jump in my chest. She always put me first. Even after becoming a mother and having a family of her own, she put me first. She was always there for me when I needed her and when I didn't need her, she was still there for me.

I held a primary place in her heart and she in mine.

Wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand, I ran my fingers on Lorcan's hair.

"I will take him home" Tina told me and I nodded. "Sel's parents have been informed" she informed carrying a sleeping Lorcan in her arms and Duncan nodded.

A few minutes later, Dr. Mendon, a Supreme Pack wolf arrived and he was quickly ushered to OT.

At the same time I winced clutching my stomach and every head turned to look at me. I winced again and held the edge of the chair in a tight grip.

"It's Quillon's pain you are feeling" Duncan said and gritting my teeth, I nodded. "Go to him" Duncan told me and I knew I had to.

"You?"

"I will be fine. Just stop that monster" Duncan said harshly and I nodded.

Just then I heard sounds of tyres screeching and footsteps running towards us.

"Where is she?" Malory demanded, the moment she saw me. There were at least ten wolves behind her and I knew Cortez had sent them. However, my eyes rounded when I spotted Ruben.

"You" I hissed and growling, I held the collar of his shirt and slammed him to the nearest wall.

"Darya" Malory gasped when she saw me.

"What do you know about Konrad?" I demanded through gritted teeth, purposely slamming Ruben's head to the wall.

"I know nothing" Ruben said and closed his eyes when I slammed his head again.

"Do not lie to me" I snarled and he flinched. "Do not keep the truth from me either. Tell me everything you know. How can he be killed?" I snarled.

Ruben might be with us but he still cared about his brother and by omitting the truth, he was still protecting Konrad. He could have told us long back that Konrad's blood shouldn't be spilled to the ground... but he didn't! That seems to me like a loyalty for an unworthy cause.

"HOW?" I roared, making the frames on the wall to rattle.

"He cannot be killed, Okay?" Ruben snapped suddenly in frustration and I frowned. "He cannot be killed" he spat and I loosened the hold I had on his collar.

"What do you mean he cannot be killed?" Malory whispered shakily. "Everyone dies!"

"Those who are born can die, but he wasn't born" Ruben stated and my shoulders slumped. "He cannot be killed" Ruben repeated. "You want to know why I kept this from you all? It is because of this... I know how savage Konrad can get. I watched him turn into that gigantic creature and kill... numerous times. That's what he was thought. He has urges... all evil one. He feeds on those and my father fed me those. That's how they (Konrad's creators) kept him sane. They created him... but they too knew how bad he was. They wanted to control him... like a puppet, even when they knew he was beyond their control. So, they tamed him. They kept him caged... fed him some innocent every day. They kept him happy and it was going just the way they wanted until they found out who O was" Ruben said and I inhaled sharply.

"To punish you all, they unleashed him and sent him to kill Alpha Peter. He did a great job and they were very impressed—" Ruben spat and I flinched. "—But you guys brought war and killed them all. I am not saying you guys were wrong, but that decision of yours at that time had consequences. Good for the present, but bad for the future. Konrad was free to do what he chose. He had no masters, nobody controlling him. Still he was sane enough because of all the taming; he was sane enough until..."

"Until he came to know about Quillon" I whispered and Ruben nodded. Konrad always said Quillon made the playing field uneven and now I knew why.

"His killing... it was always... limited" Ruben struggled to find an appropriate word. "I was scared that if I tell you the truth about him then you would attack him, provoke him and then he would go insane... kill everyone he sees" Ruben said painfully and I leaned against the wall.

I did it anyway. I provoked the monster and look what happened.

"It didn't help and I am sorry" Ruben said lowering his head, "But we cannot kill him. The clones... I don't know, but the real one... you cannot kill him and he is out there... killing everyone. I don't know what we can do other than pray" Ruben said shaking his head and I lowered my lashes.

"Maybe we cannot kill him... but we can stop him" a familiar voice said and we all turned to look at Kasey. She walked closer with Vanessa and her mom.

"I looked into Konrad's past... I saw the way they made him. What they wanted from him. If you kill him, with the intention of ending his life, then he isn't going to die. He is going to multiply. But if you kill him with the intention of stopping him, then we have hope" she said and I furrowed my brows, not comprehending it.

"The real Konrad... his blood shouldn't spill to the ground. When you attack him, make sure the first drop, the very first one, doesn't touch the ground. It shouldn't even trail and meet the ground. Only then he can be stopped" Kasey declared and I let the information sink in.

How can he be stopped? Strangling him isn't going to work, poisoning wouldn't neither drowning... maybe it can with many hands, but it is risky. Setting him on fire would be disaster...

I was brought out of my thoughts when the door opened and Dr. Mendon stepped out, looking paler than before. "Her wounds have healed but the damage is done to her nervous system and brain because of the injury and excessive blood loss. The next twenty four hours is critical... if she wakes up... if she responses to any stimuli then there is a chance or else—"

"Or else what?" Duncan snapped.

"Or else there are chances she might slip into comatose state" The doctor concluded and I felt the ground beneath my feet shatter.

Duncan's wolf howled so loudly inside him that every one of us in the room could feel his pain. At the same time, I could also feel Quillon's pain.

Everything was too much for me to bear and my wolf refused to sink into a corner. Instead she growled and standing tall, with straight back, I squared my shoulders and raised my chin.

"I am going to stop him" I said firmly and without waiting for anybody's response, I walked out of the hospital.

I am going to stop Konrad and to do that; I will do everything I can with the sole exception of giving him what he wants.

As I began descending the stairs at the entrance of the hospital, I recalled Konrad's words of destroying one pack after the other. Quickly, I grasped that Konrad would be heading to the next pack, the Supreme Pack and I intended to stop him before he reaches there.

__

As I had excellent speed it took me only twenty minutes to catch up to Konrad.

He was running ahead, with Ekon following him. I overtook Konrad. As I ran beside him, he turned his head to look at me and his eyes darkened... I am sure mine did too. Growling, I ran ahead and intercepted him, forcing him to stop in his tracks.

Standing in front of me, was Konrad for sure because one corner of his lips curled upwards to form a smirk that sent chills right down to the soles of my feet. My wolf on the other hand, completely undaunted by it, stood tall inside me and cruelly stuck her tongue out, ready to take on this monster.

"Is she dead?" was the first thing that Konrad asked me and I glared at him. "No? She will be. Since I know how much you love her, I think it's better if you go to her... hear her last words—" Konrad goaded and I clenched my fists. "See her breathing her last—" He stopped talking when he saw the flames in my hand.

"Oh! Come on Darya" Konrad said with an exaggerated eye roll that made me grit my teeth. "That isn't going to kill me."

"Who said anything about killing you?" I broke in and he cocked an eyebrow. "I am going to put full-stop to you."

I was about to attack him, by surrounding him in a circle of flames, but stopped myself when Ekon stepped in front of Konrad, to shield him.

My eyes widened and I immediately pulled back to stare at him in disbelief.

"Get out of my way Ekon" I commanded furious that he intervened at such a crucial time.

"No" Ekon's one word was answer was loud and clear and I blinked, unsure if I heard it right.

A few terse moments of silence later, I spoke again, "What?" I asked him, wanting him to repeat what he had said.

"I said no" Ekon spelled out carefully and I glared at him.

"Get out of my way" I snarled this time and Ekon gulped, which made me realize he still had his brains somewhere with him. If I reasoned enough, he would get out of my way, but the problem was I didn't have the time or the patience to reason with him. All I wanted to do was stop Konrad before he goes anywhere close to Supreme!

"Move Ekon" I said sharply. Ekon blinked, but stood his ground. "This war is between him and me, so get the fuck out of my way."

"To get to him, you have to go through me" Ekon said firmly.

"Cut the crap Ekon. This is serious and I am not going to play games with you now" I said impatiently.

"This is serious Darya" Ekon agreed straightening his spine and then growled, "I am his guard and I am protecting him" with that said, Ekon bared his fangs at me.

My wolf was already fuming and seeing this was like waving a red flag in front of a raging bull. In a flash, I rushed towards Ekon and him, to me. I held him by the throat and shoved him against a tree, while growling murderously at him. He in return managed to scrape me in the stomach.

"Step back" I hissed even when he growled at me.

"Never" he replied and I let my claws sink into his neck. It hurt him and so, he dug his own claws on my wrist and as I pulled back, he punched me in the stomach and I fell a few steps away. Quickly, getting to my feet, I growled at Ekon and then running ahead, I punched him in the face, while his claws slightly tore the hem of my top.

I landed on my feet and watched Ekon, standing up. My eyes drifted towards Konrad, who was calmly standing near a tree and watching the event unfold in front of his eyes with a calm smirk on his face. It seemed like he was expecting me to lose.

Even though my opponent was Ekon, who I knew was a good person, I wouldn't lose to him because he was in the wrong and I was for what is right.

__

QUILLON'S P.O.V

There were two of them fighting against me. Sneak attacks and cornering me was what they liked the most. They even became invisible and attacked me, but I saw them coming and they realized I can see them when they are invisible.

Fighting with them from the past half an hour, I realized that these were clones and not the real Konrad. The real one would have mocked, provoked or threatened, but these two did nothing. They only growled and bared their blood dripping fangs, which was gross to be honest! So, I like to think these two are clones.

I had barely finished punching one, when the other one leaped out of nowhere and razed my waist. I winced from the pain, but blocked it out with my gift. Turning, I punched him in the stomach that sent him a few steps back.

No matter how badly I want to kill them, I had to refrain myself from dripping their blood out.

I caused internal pain to one though... I purposely twisted his intestines inside his body and the creature trembled and dropped on the ground. That would keep him there for a long time.

When the other one noticed that, he let out a furious growl and I growled louder than him before lunging at him. I managed to wrap my arm around his neck but before I could break it, he dug his black demonic claws into my arms. I tried to choke him but when the pain in my arm became unbearable, I was forced to let him go.

The creature slammed it's fist to the ground and snapped it jaws while I breathed raggedly.

I was really hoping the Luna would be fine because in a way, I feel responsible for the situation she is in.

I would have happily sacrificed my life, again, if it was for a worthy cause like the last time. But no, Konrad wants me to end my life so that he can rule this universe, let darkness consume it and I would never, willingly or unwillingly give my life for such an evil purpose.

I saw the creature approaching me; however, before I could stop him, he managed to slam a giant fist into my chest. I felt the pain vibrate all over my body as I fell a few steps but that punch was a huge insult to my ego and my wolf was unable to bear it!

I growled so loudly that the sound echoed around the area and made the creature stop in it's track. Running ahead, I flipped in the air and then kicked it's chest. As it stumbled, I punched it repeatedly on the face, chest, stomach, ribs until the creature was cornered against a tree, taking hit after hit, and whining in pain.

I almost felt victorious until sharp claws sank into the back of my skin from the other one, who had finally managed to wake up.

There were two of them and they had that advantage but I refused to let that deter me. I could easily take them down. While the other one growled behind me, I used my gift and mentally choked the first one. It gasped for air and slid to the ground.

Nevertheless, when pain became unbearable for me, I closed my eyes and it distracted my focus. The other creature picked me up and threw me, making me hit the ground a few feet away. I could feel blood on my back but before I could react to it, the creature leaned at me and clawed my face. It clawed my shoulders, my chest and my wolf howled painfully, unable to bear the pain.

I couldn't exactly heal my skin because the creature was repeatedly slashing it, but I did manage to push the creature off me by making it lose its vision. One more thing I learnt was that my gifts worked on the clones but not on Konrad!

While I was recovering, the clone was trying to running helter skelter because he didn't have his vision. I smirked slightly and dropping my head to the ground, I let out a sigh so that my skin could heal.

As I heard other growl, I groaned because I really wasn't ready for the other one now. Nevertheless, I managed to roll on my side. But I froze mid-way, when I watched the clones running away. One with the vision, was helping the other one. Both, in their half wolf and half human form, were running in the direction of.... Elegance?

I furrowed my brows not comprehending why they were leaving, but suspected Konrad might have ordered it until I heard Darya's thoughts... she was about to challenge Konrad.

Without wasting anytime, I got to my feet and followed the two creatures.

__

I followed them all the way to the outskirts of Emperor Pack. It was a forest area which Emperor shares with Supreme Pack.

I first saw Konrad, who was leaning against a tree looking completely relaxed. It infuriated me, but then I heard growls and my wolf tensed when I saw Darya. She was fighting with... Ekon!

I furrowed my brows and clenched my fists when I saw that. What the fuck is wrong with that guy? Why is he back with Konrad again?

I didn't have answers for those questions of mine, but I learnt very quickly that Darya was winning this fight. She was too strong and too fast for Ekon. He was hurt... badly hurt to the point where he was struggling to stand upright.

At that precise moment I remembered Darya telling him that she wouldn't spare him if he sided with Konrad again. Ekon, once again—for whatever reason it is—went back to Konrad and now, Darya was keeping her word.

Even then I couldn't help but feel a tinge of sympathy for the guy. His promise to Konrad... made at such a crucial time was his weakness because it tied him to the evil and no matter, how much he wanted to get out, he couldn't because he felt he was in debt of the evil.

"Ekon stop!" Darya hissed as she backed him against the tree. I didn't go to interfere because I knew she wouldn't have wanted me to. She didn't want to kill Ekon, she just wanted to make him realize his mistake. However, there was a part of me that acknowledged the truth that Ekon wasn't in the wrong and he was not committing a mistake. He was only doing what he believed was his duty.

As they fought, I turned my head towards Konrad, only to see him glaring at me. It pissed me off and baring my fangs, I rushed towards him.

That's how the fight continued. The clones and Konrad fought with me, while Darya and Ekon fought.

They had an upper hand because of their number and it was driving my wolf mad. I mentally made the clones unstable and Konrad snarled when he saw that. He then hypnotized them.

"Kill him" Konrad bellowed and I stared in disbelief when the clones, who were lying on the ground, stood up robotically and marched towards me like Zombies. How do you fight someone like that?

The clones, they were uncontrollable now. They were on either side of me and fighting together while Konrad would look smugly and occasionally drop in kicks or punches.

I jumped in the air, wrapped my arm around a neck of one of the clones and broke his neck, but Konrad made him get up and that one strode towards me, with that twisted neck. It was scary and sickly to watch because for a minute second, I felt Konrad and his clones were indestructible! Nevertheless, it wasn't possible right? Everybody has to die. Everyone who is born has to... Konrad wasn't born! Does that mean he won't die?

My wolf bristled and I shook my head, because that was impossible.

As another clone decided to bury it's claws on my thighs, I elbowed the side of it's big brown wolf head and then punched it's under jaw repeatedly, until the creature stumbled backwards. Once it pulled out it's claws from my body, I made the creature feel my pain and it groaned violently and fell on the ground.

I watched Darya and saw that she had almost broken few nearby trees, while fighting with Ekon. Her eyes were red and her stance was aggressive. Her wolf had taken over. It was meant to happen because her wolf was pissed off after the repeated efforts to reason with Ekon went vain.

I saw Darya twirling in the air and kicking Ekon in the face, making him spit blood and then drop on the ground. I was so mesmerized that I hadn't seen Konrad lunging at me. Darya had!

It all happened very fast but as I lived through it, I watched the event unfold right in front of my eyes.

Konrad had planned to dig his claws in my neck, but I turned my body in the nick of time and instead, his claws sank into my shoulder. Growling, I winced loudly and Darya felt my pain.

She screamed and hurried towards me and thrusting a powerful current of Electricity at Konrad, she shoved him backwards until he went flying and hit a branch of a tree, breaking it.

I heard a growl and so did she.

I turned to my right and kicked one of the clone away, while Darya turned to face Ekon. She wasn't expecting him. She was taken very much by surprise. I don't know what she was thinking, but I knew she was in a very aggressive mode and when she thought someone was attacking her, the first thing she did was fight back.

So, she sank her claws, which were still flickering with current, into Ekon's chest.

Everything froze for a moment and it felt like time stopped as the earth stood still.

Darya eyes rounded in horror as she realized what she had done.

Ekon, who was actually about to attack Darya, took in as much air as possible while his fangs and claws disappeared.

"Oh My God!" Darya whispered shakily and then slowly pulled out her blood soaked claws from Ekon's chest.

"It's okay... it's okay" Ekon repeated watching her with tear stained eyes as he stumbled. I caught him before he could hit the ground and slowly helped him rest on the ground.

"No... Ekon" Darya sobbed shaking her head and then she dropped on her knees, near him.

"Thank-you" Ekon said and smiled softly, sincerely. He was thanking Darya for ending this life of his. No matter how much he loved his mate, he couldn't give her any happiness, when he himself was not happy.

"I am so sorry" Darya cried, covering her mouth with her hand.

She had dug her claws on Ekon's chest, almost pulling out his heart. She had stopped, before pulling it out of his body, but the current from her hands, was too much for Ekon to bear because it had spread all over his internal organs.

"Ekon" a familiar voice called and I raised my head to look at Konrad.

He was standing a few steps away from Darya and staring at Ekon in disbelief. His eyes widened and skin turned as pale as milk when he saw blood oozing out of Ekon's chest wound.

Konrad hurried towards Ekon and immediately, I stepped away and knelt beside Darya, who was sobbing.

"No. No... you can't die" Konrad said shaking his head and my eyes widened when I watched Konrad—with hands that were shaking— trying to cover Ekon's fatal wound.

"I am sorry" Ekon gulped and slowly raised his hand.

Konrad held his hand with his own and watched Ekon with a frown, "You can't leave me."

"I am sorry" Ekon repeated.

"You can't die. You promised to do anything I want without questioning it and now, I want you to get up. You cannot die" Konrad snapped. "Get up!"

"I am sorry... my friend" Ekon's last words were barely audible.

I gulped and closed my eyes when I heard his last breath.

For few seconds, it was complete silence until Konrad spoke again, "Ekon?" he called unsurely. "Ekon" he repeated and I watched as Konrad shook Ekon's lifeless body to wake him up.

"Ekon you promised me" Konrad said through gritted teeth and then he growled. "You promised to protect me. You promised to be my friend. You promised to help me" Konrad kept saying, while trying to wake Ekon up.

"YOU PROMISED" Konrad shouted. "EKON" he bellowed louder than the sound of thunder.

The clones knelt on the ground and then craning their neck, they howled loudly and in that howl, I felt pain.

As needle-sharp sprays of rain, hit the ground, I watched Konrad who lowered his head and rested it against Ekon's hand, that he was still holding.

Darya rested her head against my chest and I slowly ran my hand over her head, attempting to comfort her. I felt her pain, her sorrow.

It was at that crucial moment, I sensed another emotion radiating around the area and it was not coming from me or Darya. It was coming from... Konrad!

For the first time ever, I felt another emotion, other than wrath, coming from him and it was grief.

He was grieving for his friend. He was hurt.... Emotionally! He was in pain. I always thought he was emotionless but sensing this new and other emotion from him, was disquieting.

This emotionless monster, considered Ekon his friend and loved him as one.

Konrad was made for hatred and he only felt that, but Ekon... he achieved what no one else could. Ekon's goodness actually made Konrad feel another emotion.

Ekon was Konrad's true friend and the love Ekon had for that friendship, won!

It was a painful loss for Konrad's creators. I am sure they are rolling in hell with sick, violent rage as they see this.

They failed. It was today that Isadora, Serge and Leo, the creators of Konrad... failed! They might be dead, but it was today that they actually got killed.

It's all because of Ekon! He was of pure heart and in this whole world, he was the only one who truly loved Konrad. People either hated Konrad, wanted to use him for their selfish needs or feared him. Nobody cared about him. Nobody showed him any other emotion... only Ekon used to and that was being reciprocated now!

Maybe... just maybe there is some good somewhere in this evil! Ekon saw it, believed in it and found it!

I watched Ekon's lifeless body, which looked completely serene and had no doubt that heaven would be rejoicing to welcome him.

Lowering my head, I closed my eyes and acknowledged Ekon has the true and the greatest warrior amongst us, werewolves.

He went somewhere where nobody dared and fighting hard, he emerged victorious.

His sacrifice today, which defeated the primary enemies— Konrad's creators, the root of the evil— told me that soon; we would chomp down the whole tree!

****

Hope you like it :)

So, Ekon died... feel bad... I do :'( He is one of my most fav character and also the first character I have written that has shades of grey ;)

What do you think about Konrad's immortality? :P

Also please do not misunderstand and make mocking comments on Ekon and Konrad's friendship. The scene isn't funny! Not intending to be rude but I have read few comments which are either sarcastic or insulting to the situation going on. :(

Next update date.... Anywhere before 31st! Two chapters and one Epilogue left... :D

Love,

Shruthi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 197K 72
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson, reject you Lily Kim as my mate" "...D...
397K 9.9K 17
I smelt something calming, like the smell of rain and vanilla and suddenly, a guy came in charging at Gabriel. Gabriel didn't have any time to react...
3.1M 70.6K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...
3.1K 162 6
"I know we've just met but I want to ask you out on a date." There was a beast like glint in his eyes that bothered a tiny part of me. I clutch on to...