Oh My Dear Royale *On Hold*

By BlackInkHeart

Royale Spraen, excuse me, now Royale Beveneato was forced to marry the annoyingly sarcastic idiot, Zay Bevene... More

Oh My Dear Royale

Chapter 1 ~ Disowned

167 9 9
By BlackInkHeart

Oh My Dear Royale

Chapter 1 ~ Disowned

I let out a groan and shivered. My blue hair clung to my face with the moist beads of sweat covering my skin. I wish I could say it was a dream, but I knew it happened.

"Will you just wake up already? Your parents are a nightmare!" I almost smiled at the clear irritation in his voice. I rolled over and opened my eyes. A piercing scream ripped through my throat from his face being so unexpectedly close.

"Get away from me, you-you Freak!" I pushed him but ended up pushing myself right of the bed to the floor. I growled and slammed my fist on the floor before standing up.

"I will if you tell your parents to leave." He ran his hand, stressfully, through his hair, making it stick up in multiple directions.

I gave out a haughty laugh, "They're your parents now too, so you tell them to leave." I looked around the room and realized we were in a plain white bedroom. Everything was white, the bed, the floor, the desk, even the television was white! "We in a freakin' hospital?" I asked, looking at the walls with a disgusted look.

"Actually, this is the house your parents bought us as a wedding gift. If you hate this room, wait till you see the rest of it." I watched as he rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his hair one more time before leaving the room. I looked down to see I was still wearing the horrid dress and went to the closest dresser. I opened the top drawer and quickly shut it. I repeated to each of the drawers, making sure nothing was gonna fly out at me.

"What are you doing?" I jumped at the sound of his voice and scowled at him.

"I'm just making sure the drawers aren't rigged." I snapped and opened the top drawer back up only to slam it shut again. Never will that drawer be opened again! Let's just say, lace isn't my thing. I slowly pulled the second drawer open to sigh and relief and hug the green shirt to my chest as if it was the only thing keeping me alive.

"You have some serious problems." I rolled my eyes and closed the drawer and searched the others for a pair of jeans.

"Aha!" I grabbed a pair of grey jeans out of the drawer and quickly slammed it shut. "If you experienced what I have with drawers, you would check them too. And I don't have problems!" I grumbled and stomped out of the room in search of a bathroom.

"The bathroom is in our room." I reluctantly walked back into my – I mean 'our' room and into the bathroom. I smiled at the purple tiled floor and the purple glazed sink and matching shower curtain. "We are remodeling this, just to let you know." I slammed the door in his smirking face and pouted. He wasn't changing this room unless he wanted to start a war.

"Remodel it and you'll regret it." I told him, slipping the green shirt over my head. Buttoning my jeans, I unlocked the door and walked out. "Where's the garbage? Wait, never mind, I have a better idea." I walked out of 'our' bedroom with, what I was almost positive of, an evil smile. My smile faultered when I walked both directions down the hallway, but found no stairs. I heard his dreadfully cute laugh and scowled at him. "You're relentless aren't you. If you don't show me how to get the heck to get downstairs, I won't tell my parents to leave." I threatened, happy that it shut him up.

"Right here." He pointed to a door at the end of the hall. 'Duh', I told myself and rushed for the door as fast as I could with the stupid dress in my arms. "Where are you taking that?" I smiled at his curiosity. He was about to see how crazy I was.

"You'll see." Mischief clearly heard in my voice. I bounded down the stairs with new energy. I passed multiple rooms till I found the one I was looking for. I dropped the dress on the floor and started a fire in the fireplace.

"What are you doing?! It's July, are you trying to fry us?" I pushed his hands away from me, continuing to throw more wood into the fireplace. I grabbed the dress and folded it up and shoved it onto the wood. Pulling a match off the top of the fireplace, I striked it and placed the lighted match under the fabric.

"There you are dear!" I hissed as the flame danced on my skin. "What are you burni- Royale Annay Spraen what do you think you're doing?" I turned around, standing up straight to my full height, towering over my Mother.

"That's Beveneato to you!" I spat angrily. "I'm glad to be shed of your name. As for your question, I'm burning the dress that ruined my life and kicking out the people that ended it. Leave." With that being said, I turned around watching the flames lick the dress up greedily.

"You-you don't mean that." Her voice broke. The pit of my stomach ached, but I couldn't let her get away with this. She was apart of it just as much as my Father was.

"I do, now shoo." I muttered as if I was talking to a fly.

"One day she'll forgive us." My Father told her solemnly.

"Pfft, don't wish for something that won't happen." My cold tone left the air clinging with tension. My eyes darted to Zay's figure standing next to me. His eyes were fixed on the fire burning. I watched him for a few minutes till I finally heard the sobs of my Mother leave the room. The scuttle of their feet left the house at a slow pace, which made it feel like I was standing there all day. I left the living room in a frenzy and ran back up to 'our' room and hopped on the bed, hugging the closest pillow to my face.

"Go away." I whined when the bed sunk in beside me.

"Why?" I squealed, jumping on him.

"Shawn!! What are you doing here? How'd you know I was here? Can you believe what they did?!" I cried into his shoulder as he rubbed my back.

"One question at a time girly. Some guy let me in and your maid, Nala, told me where to find you. Well, more like she made me promise to take her out on a date. I'm sorry I wasn't there. I didn't know." He fell into a lapse of silence while I blubbered into his neck.

"They lied to me. And-and my Dad knows everything about me. Down to my favorite color! Then he told me all this stuff had to do with protecting me. I mean, what is that suppose to mean? Forcing your only daughter to marry some stranger is not protecting her. He ruined my life! What am I suppose to do now? I can't just stay here with a complete stranger." I sniffled. My eyes drew wide open as a plan formed. "Shawn? Shawny?" I heard him groan, an odd sound with my ear against his throat.

"What are you gonna force me into doing?" I pulled back and gave him my best puppy eyes, knowing I probably looked terrible from crying.

"Would you stay here with me? You wouldn't leave me with a complete stranger, would you?" I held back a happy grin when he sighed in defeat.

"No, I wouldn't leave you with a complete stranger. I'll stay for a little while, but I can't stay here forever you know." I squealed and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the bestest friend in the world!" I told him, fully meaning it.

"I know I am, and now you owe me dinner." I nodded and stood up, dragging him with me. I noticed Shawn staring at the walls in the hallway.

"This needs a Royale touch." He joked, lightly poking me in the side. I rolled my eyes but nodded. It's white walls definitely needed a touch of personality.

"I'm thinking a nice shade of deep blue for the halls and maybe black for the trim." I told him honestly.

"That sounds pleasant."

"Who says 'pleasant' now-a-days?" I snapped at Zay and stood closer to Shawn.

"Me." I smiled when Shawn rolled his eyes and muttered an 'obviously'. "Don't you think you should be leaving..."

"Shawn Spencer; Royale's best friend." He emphasized on 'best'. I nodded, wrapping my arm around his waist, his arm rested comfortably around my shoulders.

"That's wonderful, you can leave now." His eyes glared at Shawn's arm around my shoulder and my arms around his waist.

"He stays." My voice dripped with venom.

"He leaves." He replied with just as much venom as I had.

"It's my house, he stays."

"It's my house too! He leaves." He argued.

"My parents paid for it!"

"You mean the one's you just disowned?" My comeback stayed caught in my throat.

"Disowned? What does he mean Roys?" His nickname for me snapped me from my viscous glare I was drilling into Zay's thick skull.

"She didn't tell you? And you're her best friend?" His laughter stung, but I didn't show it.

"I was gonna tell him you insensitive jerk!" I turned to Shawn. "I, um, told them to leave."

"That's all you're gonna tell him? Dude, she threw the book at them and told them she was glad to be shed of their name and that they ended her life and told them to shoo as if they were pests." I could feel the anger build inside of me. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't.

"They did. I'll never be able to fall in love and marry the man of my dreams. Now I'm stuck with you!" And with that, I ran back to 'our' room and locked the door, refusing to come out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 122K 59
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
1.5M 101K 70
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
608K 24.1K 71
Lilly found an egg on a hiking trip. Nothing abnormal on that, right? Except the egg was four times bigger than supposedly the biggest egg in the wor...
1.1M 72.1K 34
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...