Oh My Dear Royale

So, this is my new story. It's an arranged marriage story. Don't know if I'll continue it, guess it depends on the response I get. So if you really want me to keep uploading this story, tell others about it and vote, comment and all that sort of good stuff. :)

~ Prologue ~

You know those overly cliched stories that start with their parents calling their kid downstairs so that they can break the news that they're having an arranged marriage? Yeah, I know, I wish mine had been that easy.

I found out the moment I heard the wedding march in the background of the 'dress shop' as my mother had called it. I knew there was something fishy when we had walked into some random house that had some construction paper sign saying 'Dressing Rooms'.

I wondered how she had tricked me into the idea of 'trying on' wedding dresses so that when the day came, I knew what I wanted. The dress I had on was completely opposite of something I'd ever wear.

I preferred the safer type of dress; one that didn't show any cleavage at all. The dress I had on was a strapless, very low neck line, floor length dress. And to top it off, it was red; blood red, but I knew why. My mother thought I'd slept around and was your average hooker. I was one hundred percent pure. The only reason she thinks that is because I don't come home too often. I practically live at Shawn's.

I screamed bloody murder when my dad had come into the room.

"Why would you do this? To me. Your own daughter! Daughter. Doesn't that word mean anything to you?" I slapped away the hand that tried to touch my beautiful blue hair. I worked hard to be allowed to color it, so I took pride in it, but even before then, no one touched my hair.

"Yes, you are my daughter, but I don't want one that sleeps around. This will ensure us that you stay to one man." I gave him a disgusted look.

"You aren't even home enough to know anything and Mom isn't observant enough to know that I haven't had a boyfriend or anything close in my life!" By then, my breathes were coming out in hard puffs.

"What about that Spencer fellow? Your Mother said you were pretty chummy with him." He accused.

"Shawn? Shawn Spencer? Dad, that's my best friend! The brother I never had because you 'decided' you didn't want anymore children. Did I not work hard enough for you to be proud of me? Huh? I spend everyday of my life studying so that, maybe, just maybe, you'd even look at me when you came home. Or that you would even come home! I bet you don't even know anything about me!"

"You're my daughter, of course I know stuff about you. Just because I wasn't there doesn't mean that I don't know anything." I laughed at his pity filled face.

"Really? What's my favorite color? Huh? How about book? Singer? Band?" I crossed my arms over my stupid dress.

"Your favorite color is purple, but you prefer it darker and like it better with something black. Your favorite book is a toss up between The Gathering and The Summoning, though I would think you like the latter better. Singer? You don't really have a favorite and you don't have a favorite band either. As long as it has a nice beat, you like it." My jaw clenched.

"Liar!" I hissed, but deep down I knew he was one hundred percent correct. I was stumped by how he knew. I hadn't seen him in over five years. By sixteen, I had already forgotten what he looked like.

"We don't have time for name calling, now come on my Princess, it's time to go down the isle." My nostrols flared.

"Don't call me Princess and I'm definitely not yours. Who could even call you my Father? You certainly don't play that role in my life. I'm not marrying some random dude because you think I 'sleep around'. No, I'm leaving and I never want to see either of you in my life ever again!" His hand clamped down on my arm before I could so much as take a step. I ignored the ache that his hand was giving me and glared at him with hate filled eyes.