Chapter 1 ~ Disowned

Oh My Dear Royale

Chapter 1 ~ Disowned

I let out a groan and shivered. My blue hair clung to my face with the moist beads of sweat covering my skin. I wish I could say it was a dream, but I knew it happened.

"Will you just wake up already? Your parents are a nightmare!" I almost smiled at the clear irritation in his voice. I rolled over and opened my eyes. A piercing scream ripped through my throat from his face being so unexpectedly close.

"Get away from me, you-you Freak!" I pushed him but ended up pushing myself right of the bed to the floor. I growled and slammed my fist on the floor before standing up.

"I will if you tell your parents to leave." He ran his hand, stressfully, through his hair, making it stick up in multiple directions.

I gave out a haughty laugh, "They're your parents now too, so you tell them to leave." I looked around the room and realized we were in a plain white bedroom. Everything was white, the bed, the floor, the desk, even the television was white! "We in a freakin' hospital?" I asked, looking at the walls with a disgusted look.

"Actually, this is the house your parents bought us as a wedding gift. If you hate this room, wait till you see the rest of it." I watched as he rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his hair one more time before leaving the room. I looked down to see I was still wearing the horrid dress and went to the closest dresser. I opened the top drawer and quickly shut it. I repeated to each of the drawers, making sure nothing was gonna fly out at me.

"What are you doing?" I jumped at the sound of his voice and scowled at him.

"I'm just making sure the drawers aren't rigged." I snapped and opened the top drawer back up only to slam it shut again. Never will that drawer be opened again! Let's just say, lace isn't my thing. I slowly pulled the second drawer open to sigh and relief and hug the green shirt to my chest as if it was the only thing keeping me alive.

"You have some serious problems." I rolled my eyes and closed the drawer and searched the others for a pair of jeans.

"Aha!" I grabbed a pair of grey jeans out of the drawer and quickly slammed it shut. "If you experienced what I have with drawers, you would check them too. And I don't have problems!" I grumbled and stomped out of the room in search of a bathroom.

"The bathroom is in our room." I reluctantly walked back into my – I mean 'our' room and into the bathroom. I smiled at the purple tiled floor and the purple glazed sink and matching shower curtain. "We are remodeling this, just to let you know." I slammed the door in his smirking face and pouted. He wasn't changing this room unless he wanted to start a war.

"Remodel it and you'll regret it." I told him, slipping the green shirt over my head. Buttoning my jeans, I unlocked the door and walked out. "Where's the garbage? Wait, never mind, I have a better idea." I walked out of 'our' bedroom with, what I was almost positive of, an evil smile. My smile faultered when I walked both directions down the hallway, but found no stairs. I heard his dreadfully cute laugh and scowled at him. "You're relentless aren't you. If you don't show me how to get the heck to get downstairs, I won't tell my parents to leave." I threatened, happy that it shut him up.

"Right here." He pointed to a door at the end of the hall. 'Duh', I told myself and rushed for the door as fast as I could with the stupid dress in my arms. "Where are you taking that?" I smiled at his curiosity. He was about to see how crazy I was.

"You'll see." Mischief clearly heard in my voice. I bounded down the stairs with new energy. I passed multiple rooms till I found the one I was looking for. I dropped the dress on the floor and started a fire in the fireplace.