My Loving Mate (The Silver Li...

By BellaDemont

Elizabeth Montgomery has a mate. He is over possessive, he is a jerk and sometimes he can be that perfect mat... More

kidnapped
losing hope
did you miss me?
pretty boy
jealous
marked
strong bond
Liam
Savannah
rogues
in heat
the rescue
I'll be okay
home
disappointement
I still love you
giving birth
twice the fun
the wedding
ambitions
literature teacher

wild flower

9.2K 272 16
By BellaDemont

Max's P.O.V

Taylor, Zac and I followed Abby for miles until she stopped in the middle of the road that was desert.

"Why did we stop here?" I asked her.

"This is the border line of the territory; we can't pass until the pack has knowledge of us here." Abby said as she turned off her motorcycle.

"Why don't we just pass, we are not going to stay or anything like that. So why waste time here?" Zac said her confused.

Abby gave a sigh.

"And you call yourself the son of an Alpha." She told him shaking her head.

"What do you mean by that?" Zac asked her.

"If we decided to cross the territory without permission which is a complete stupid and reckless idea we would jeopardize the sudden threat of a war between the pack of this territory and my pack. Thing I will not let happen in my first months as an Alpha." Abby said as she glared at him.

"So, what can we do?" Nick asked her.

Abby and Nick got off the motorcycle and Abby lift up the seat of the motorcycle bringing out a bag.

"My Grams flied this bag with all kinds of snacks so we could eat." Abby said as she threw them to Taylor who cached them and pulled out a sandwich.

"So we are just going to sit here and do nothing?" Zac asked Abby.

"Well, we have a huge forest around us." Abby said looking around.

"And what do you expect me to do with it?" Zac asked her.

"They are plenty of trees to mark; I'll leave the rest for you to figure out." Abby said as she took off to the forest alone.

"Where are you going Abby?" I asked her confused.

"I'll be back in a few minutes." Abby said as she left.

Taylor and I started to eat some of the snacks.

"Damn, this woman can cook, wish she was my Grandmother." Nick said as he ate a sandwich.

Zac stood there in the middle of the road staring at the path were Abby had just left.

"What do you think Abby is going to do that she has to go there?" Zac asked.

"Um, pee? I mean you don't expect that she will do her 'needs' in front of all of us, did you?" Nick said.

Zac gave a sigh not convince of that.

"Look if you're not sure about Abby being alone in the forest; just go after her, Zac." Taylor told Zac.

Zac nodded and went after her.

"You do know that Abby is going to be pissed if Zac follows her, right?" Nick asked Taylor.

"I sure do, that is the idea." Taylor said with a grin.

Abby's P.O.V

I just needed a minute alone; the constant words I heard about my wolf referring to our mate were tormenting me.

'They wouldn't if you just succumbed to it.'  My wolf said.

'Succumb? But what does that say about the future Alpha of one of the most powerful packs in America?'  I asked my wolf.

'We both know that since Zac as you mate he will take the authority of such position.'  My wolf said back at me.

'But do you think he is the best option to be the Alpha?' I asked her.

'Why do you mention it?'  She asked me confused.

'He is a complete moron and stupid, we have both seen how he acts so why try to fool ourselves by thinking he will be a great Alpha?'  I said.

'So do you prefer Ryan instead of Zac?'  My wolf asked me.

'I rather let my whole pack die in my hands then to let them suffer in Ryan's.'  I said in a harsh tone.

'Then you have your answer.'  My wolf said.

I stayed quite for a while, walking through the forest hearing the leaves and branches break under my boots.

I found a small place next to field of red wild flowers and sat down between them.

The air was staring to get chilly and I knew fall was getting closer, the color of the sky and the smell of the air made me enter one of my memories involuntarily.

I stood there in the street, it was the middle of the night and I knew that the Allentown Fair was not going to be over until Midnight.

"There you are Abby." He said as he found me staring at the Fireworks.

"Daddy, can we go and ride more games?" I asked him as he carried me in his arms.

"But only the ones you are allowed to ride." My dad said.

I gave a small groan.

"But I already have six and I'm tall to look two years older like you say." I said protesting.

"Fine, but should we eat our hotdogs before or after the ride, what do you think Abby?" He asked me.

"After because last time you almost threw up in the ride, I don't want to be smelly as I go to the Giant Drop." I said.

"Giant Drop, you want to get on that?" My dad asked surprised.

I nodded fervently.

"But Abby-." He started.

"Daddy, you promised!" I said interrupting him.

"I know Abby but I thought you were going to be like your mother, she would never think of getting in the ride even if I begged her to. You're not like her." My dad said.

"No, I'm more like you." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yes, you are my little Abby." He said as he kissed my cheek.

Dad continued to walk towards the fair as I sang him a song about summer time.

"Ethan, finally you let yourself show up and with your lovely little daughter." A voice said in the shadows.

My dad stopped walking and I could feel his arms tighten around me.

"What do you want?" My dad asked him.

"Now, Ethan don't worry I won't do anything to you at least not with your little daughter watching us." The man said.

"Look Gunter I told you this once and I will say it as long as I need for you to understand this. I don't want you as a Beta anymore not after how you stabbed me in the back." My dad told the guy.

The guy stepped out of the shadows, he was tall and had black hair with green eyes, and I knew him, he was Gun the best friend of daddy until a few months ago.

"You see Ethan, I don't want to be your beta and I don't want you to be my alpha just to leave it clear I don't want you to be anybody's alpha." Gun said.

"Just leave Gunter." My daddy said as he started to walk but he stopped when he realized we were surrounded by more guys.

"I'm not leave and you're not leaving too unless it's dead." Gun said.

"Daddy, what's wrong?" I said staring to get sacred.

"Don't worry Abby I'll get you out of here." My daddy promised as he kissed my forehead.

"How touching." Gun said sarcastically.

I was scared of him; I just wanted to go home.

"Get him." Gun added.

My dad placed me in the ground before someone attacked him knocking him down; I looked at my dad who was trapped between all the wolves.

"Daddy, leave him alone!" I yelled as I ran towards him.

"No Abby! Run, go with your mum, run!" My dad said.

I started to run but I stopped and turned around to see my dad. I saw how the guy Gunter snapped his neck and my daddy stopped fighting, moving and breathing.

He had killed my daddy.

I gave a small sob as I remember that, before I used to think that everyone was good and they would never hurt people but after what I witness as six year old I was convince that I couldn't trust anyone especially people that could hurt me and my heart.

"What's wrong?" Zac said suddenly by my side.

"What are you doing here?" I said mad.

"I was casually passing by and I heard you cry. Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Casually, you were casually passing by?" I asked him not believing a single word.

"I followed your advice and started to mark the trees." He said trying to lighten up the mood.

"Zac, why don't I believe you?" I said as I narrowed my gaze at him.

"Fine," He said as he gave a sigh. "I followed you; I couldn't let you wonder this forest by yourself." He said.

"I can perfectly take of myself." I started to say.

"I know but I wanted to be alone with you and that is not the point, why were you crying?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"It's nothing." I said in a soft voice.

Zac grabbed my chin and forced me to meet his hazel eyes.

"What is it? You can tell me." He said.

I gave a sigh.

"I was thinking about my dad, the place where he was killed it's not far from here." I said.

"How did it happen, I mean if I can ask?" Zac said as he eyed me carefully.

"It was in the time of the war; my dad's pack was in war with another one from the South. It was around this same summer time when my dad decided to take the whole family to Allentown's Fair."

I made a pause, I could still remember as if it was yesterday.

"I was just six years old and my grandparents were already in the Fair with my mom meanwhile my dad and I where still in the hotel. We left around nine just when the fireworks were starting; I was mesmerized by them as I stood in the middle of an empty road. When my dad got to me I was trying to convince him to take me to the Giant Drop because since I was little I always like to feel the rush of adrenaline through my veins, as we walked in the road my dad saw Gunter who used to be his Beta until he backstabbed him literally in one of the fights Gunter had stabbed my dad and since that day my dad had kicked him out of the pack. Gunter had come here to get rid of my father, he had a plan for all of this, and the crime scene would look like an attack from the pack from the south. Gunter would go to the pack and say that they had killed my father so he could be the Alpha and have what he always wanted: Power. But there was something getting in his way, it was me. I saw how he killed him and before Gunter could get to me I ran off to the Fair and told my grandparents and mom who was already feeling the lost of her mate. Gunter didn't have what he wanted since he couldn't get the title of Alpha and he never came back thought I wish he had." I said.

"Why?" Zac asked me.

"Because if he had come back my grandparents and the pack would revenge the death of my dad of their Alpha, I would have made him pay." I said as I felt tears rolling down my face.

I felt useless since I couldn't do anything about my father's death, I couldn't even revenge his death.

"Don't cry." Zac said as he wiped my tears away.

I shook my head and gave a quiet sob. I hated that he was looking at me like this but I couldn't help myself I was holding that pain for so long.

"Everything will be okay." Zac said as he wrapped his arms around me.

I took a deep breath of his scent as I buried my face in his chest, I felt safe and perfectly fine.

As if nothing could hurt if I was in his arms.

"We are not in public are we?" Zac suddenly asked.

I pulled away puzzled.

"Why?" I asked him.

"So I can do this." Zac said before he leaned in to kiss me.

I kissed him back and Zac eased me down to the field of flowers, I stared at his hazel eyes as he looked at me with sweet tender eyes.

"Do you know what they say about flowers?" Zac asked me as he took a red wild flower and touched my cheek with it.

"What?" I asked him.

"That the true beauty of them is the ones that grown in wildness, following no rules and showing how unique each one of them can be. Just like you." He said.

I blushed a bit due to his comment and Zac kissed my cheeks.

"When I met you and didn't respond when you were talking to me I was thinking of only one thing." He said.

I looked at him with a smile.

"You were thinking 'Damn I score a hot mate'?" I said with a laugh.

"Partly but I was also thinking 'Damn I got a beautiful mate, she is a leader and confident. What should I do to not screw up?" Zac said as he looked at me.

Zac started to kiss me again and as I gave in to his kiss his phone rang.

"What do you want Nick?" Zac said after he checked the caller I.D and answered.

"You should go get Abby and come here there is a mean wolf that is getting over territorial." Nick said through the phone.

"We'll be there in a second." Zac said.

"Well hurry up!" Nick said dramatically.

"How can he NOT be gay?" Zac said after he hung up.

"Oh come one even if he was, why are you so homophobic?" I asked him as I got up.

"I'm not; it's just that sometimes Nick acts totally straight and then he acts like a diva queen." Zac said as he frowned.

"But that doesn't mean that he is gay, for example I am bossy, mean and very strict that doesn't mean I'm a cranky old lady in the body of a seventeen-year-old teenager." I said.

"I know it only means that you have to get laid, can I do the honors?" Zac said with a chuckle.

I stared at him shocked before I smacked him in the head.

"Hey you can't just hit me like that!" He complained.

"Whatcha gonna do about it?" I asked him in a mocking tone.

Zac shook his head.

"You're going to regret that so bad." He said.

"Oh, I'm shaking of fear." I said laughing before I took off running with Zac behind me.

Zac eventually caught up with me but didn't do anything since we where already near the others.

Zac got there first and I followed him, Taylor, Max and Nick were there with four guys. All of them were tan and had brown hair but one of them was very familiar.

"Abigail." He said greeting me.

"Benjamin." I said in a cold tone.

"Long times no see; aren't you going to greet me like before?" He asked me.

"I would but I rather keep my breakfast in my stomach instead of your shirt." I said.

"So you still have hard feelings?" He asked with a grin.

"Not at all Ben but I rather stay away from jerks like you, they say being a jerk is a disease and it might be contagious." I said glaring at him.

"So, I guess you are here to beg for me to come back to you? I told you that this day would happen, didn't I Abby?" Ben said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Who is this idiot?" Zac asked out loud.

The other wolves growled at him; for them I insulting Ben was normal but they wouldn't let Zac's insult go over.

Ben walked up towards Zac and me.

"I'm her ex-boyfriend, what about you?" Ben said.

"I'm her mate." Zac said glaring at him.

"That's interesting." Ben said looking at me with his black eyes.

"So, Abby; you came here to rub this in my face because dear it won't work." Ben said.

"Actually we came here to ask for permission to cross your territory; we are going to New Jersey." I said lying.

"Now, of course you can cross but that will cost you. But what, how about a one-night stand with you my dear?" Ben said.

Zac gave a small growl and wrapped his arm around my waist urging me closer to him.

"Not even in your dreams." Zac warned him.

"It was worth the try, then why won't you all go to my pack house I bet my parents and the rest of the pack would like to know what happen to my ex- girlfriend." Ben said.

"Well that won't be awkward." Nick said sarcastically.

"You'll go visit them for the afternoon and after that you can leave to your road trip, what do you say?" Ben asked.

I looked at Max and Taylor who agreed then I looked at Zac.

"Fine, but if you touch her or look at her inappropriately I will kill you." Zac said as he threatened Ben.

Liz's P.O.V

I screamed as I felt the hand in my arm.

"It's okay, it's me." Emma said trying to make me quiet.

"What is wrong with you?" I said almost breathless.

"I'm sorry it wasn't my intention to scare you but you seemed as if you were having a very troubled dream." Emma said.

"Thank you for waking me up. What time is it?" I asked her as I stared at the window.

"It's around one in the afternoon, Liz I have to tell you something." Emma said.

"What is it?" I said fearing the worst; I got up and looked at the bed for any trace of blood.

"It's not that your baby is fine but I'm worried for it." Emma said.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Master Liam was furious last night and I overheard him when he was yelling at you. Liam is not planning to kill your baby by causing an abortion." Emma said.

I gave a sigh in relief.

"But he has something worse in mind; he is not going to let you eat for days maybe weeks." Emma said.

"I can take that." I said, not eating was not the least of my worries.

"You don't get it Liz he will deprive you of any kinds of food or nutriments so you can grow weak and eventually have a miscarriage." Emma said.

"I can't let that happen." I said as I open the closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and shoes.

"What are you doing?" Emma asked alarmed.

"Is Liam here now?" I asked her.

"No, he went out for some business but he will be back in an hour or so." Emma said.

That was enough time.

"What are you planning?" Emma asked me.

"I won't risk myself or this baby to die in Liam's hands that's why I'm leaving." I said as I walked out of the door.

Emma ran after me and stopped me.

"You can't leave." She said.

"Emma, you can leave with me but we have to get away from him, Liam is not good he will eventually hurt you too." I told her.

"I know that but you can't leave because it's impossible to get out of his territory." Emma said.

"I'll risk it; I know how to survive my brother taught me." I said.

"Liz, they're many things out there. Liam placed all kinds of traps in the forest, he was guards around the whole perimeter and even if you get out of it they're some rouges and packs that will kill you just by the merely fact that you came from Liam even if you're escaping from him they will kill you. You are in more danger outside than in here." Emma said.

My legs gave away and I fell to my knees crying.

"But if I don't leave my baby will die." I said crying.

"It won't, I'll make sure of that Liz. Look Liam is watching all the food we eat and serve and he will make sure that none of that will get to you but he won't know if I give you my meals." Emma said and I looked at her shocked.

"You can't do that Emma, you work all day cleaning and doing chores you need the food more than I do." I said.

"It won't be all my meals but just enough that you won't lose your body strength. You can't reject that because you are not only eating for yourself but you're also eating for your baby." She said.

I nodded understanding.

After that Emma made me get back into the room where I ate and after she left I started to think about it.

It was around two when he got home, I knew it was him because he was loud.

'Are you sure about this?'  My wolf asked me.

'What other option do we have?'  I asked her.

I carefully got out of the room; all the servants were busy doing the dinner for tonight so they would never notice me leave the room.

I walked through the hall until I found the room, Liam was there talking in the phone.

"Are they there?" Liam asked him.

"Yes, they got here around twelve." A voice said on the other side.

"Listen to me Ben I want you to kill them." Liam said.

Could it be them?

"What about the girl?" The guy in the other line asked.

"You can keep her but kill the rest." Liam said.

I gave a small gasp and Liam immediately got to the door.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he pinned me against the wall.

"I- I came here to offer you a deal." I said.

"What would it be?" Liam asked me as he placed his hands tighten in my body.

"You let my baby live and I'll do whatever you want I'll stay with you." I told him meeting his gaze.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 19K 26
Then it hit me. The scent of my mate. The one I'd love and spend the rest of my days with. "Mine," he growled. I was forced up against the wall as he...
28.7M 880K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
17K 565 6
"You're mine, don't you understand!" he shouted "No," I say quietly lowering my head as to not see his pitch black eyes and angry state. As my eyes s...
347K 13.4K 35
This story is the sequel to my previous story "King of the Vamps". It would be beneficial to read that story first as you will be introduced to some...