Amderesta The 4th Republic #1...

By pretribbeliever

After a decade long conflict against the STPLA, the 4th Amderestan Republic finds itself committing more forc... More

Chapter One
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Two

31 2 0
By pretribbeliever

Chapter Two

Several hours later onboard Passenger Transport Sierra 99864, Lieutenant Andrea Forrester sat next to her twin brother Lieutenant Timothy Forrester who had his Computer Access Terminal Screen tuned to ARNN Taronia. The screen showed ARNN Taronia's logo in the lower right corner along with a ticker that showed news headlines.

"Good evening, glad you are joining us here on ARNN Taronia." ARNN Anchor Andrew Talisan said. "Things here on Taronia and other planets in the Taronia Region are slowly getting back to normal after eleven years of conflict. Our correspondents were there to give their perspective on events. 

"Here in Taronia City, the Amdronian Group Alliance Relief Agency has begun work on reparing and rebuilding buildings damaged or destroyed, and Amderestan Military Infantry Assault Units have been ordered to return to their barracks. Taronia City Police officers will return to their law enforcement duties over the weeks and months ahead. 

"According to a statement from Taronia Region Amderestan Military Field Command Headqaurters, Commander Lencon is expected to testify at a Senate Hearing concerning the STPLA Conflict."

"Those politicians haven't had to spend the last several years in a damned war zone." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester commented as she watched the ARNN Taronia broadcast on her brother's CATS.

"Damn straight, Miss." A Taronian seated behind Andrea said aloud which made her look behind her.

"Actually it's Lieutenant." Andrea told the Taronian man who shook her hand. She noticed the man had a holo-recorder on the seat next to him. "Judging by that holo-recorder, I'd say you're a news reporter. Am I right?"

"Yes, you are Lieutenant." The Taronian News reporter answered. "I'm covering the Senate Hearings on Crescent for Taronia City News. Well, I'd wager you and your brother right are intel officers."

Andrea declined to answer the reporter's question and sat back in her seat and accessed the Taronia Infomation Service which brought up a home page with links to various sites and a search box in the center of the screen.

"So what did that reporter want, sis?" Lieutenant Timothy Forrester asked in his native Taronian Accent. 

"Just making small talk, bro." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester told her brother. "He is covering the Senate Hearings for Taronia City News."

"Commander Lencon, has he been summoned to testify at the hearings yet?" Timothy asked his twin sister as she pulled up the Taronia City News site and read several articles.

"Haven't heard anything recently." Andrea responded. She proceeded to look around the passenger section of Transport Sierra 99864 at the other passengers. Three rows in front of the on the left side, Andrea noticed a male Taronian in his 30's or 40's seated with a couple of kids who appeared to be around nine or ten years old. Two rows behind them, Andrea noticed a person in his fifties dressed in a suit who had a wireless earpiece in his right ear.

"See that guy with the earpiece, Tim?" Andrea said in a low voice.

"What about him, sis?" Lieutenant Timothy Forrester asked he looked out of his side vision at the brown haired Amderestan man. "He could be just a businessman."

Over on Crescent, Senator Nellis who currently represented the Northwest Amderesta Region District and sat on the Senate Intelligence and Defense Committee met with several other Senators also on those committees.

"Now that the conflict against STPLA-NAF has concluded we should look into the methods taken by Commander Lencon against STPLA forces in the Taronia Region." Senator Nellis told the others.

Senator Kevin Termans who respresented the Taronia Capital District in the Amderestan Senate sat a few chairs down from Senator Nellis chimed in. "Nellis, my wife and children are a lot safer now because of Commander Lencon's tactics used against the STPLA-NAF forces."

"I'm sure that is the case." Senator Nellis responded. "However, the issue at hand is this: Commander Lencon gave orders for all STPLA Prisoners of War to be executed while they were detained by military forces. I strongly think we should summon Commander Lencon here and get answers."

A number of Senators who represented several Administrative Districts in the Northwest Alazenia Region District and Northeast Alazenia Region District agreed that Commander Jonathan Lencon should be a focus of a Senate Hearing.

In the Executive Building, President Brians sat in his office and read over the intelligence from Amderestan Military Chief of Staff Commander Jacobs which concerned the withdrawl of Amderestan Military Occupation Forces from the Ninth Lisalian District and Tenth Lisalian District.

"You really think we should withdrawl our forces from the Lisalian Galaxy or the Kanalsian Galaxy, Mr. President?" President Brian's Chief of Staff inquired as he entered the office and the door slid close behind him.

"Right now, half of the Lisalian Galaxy is still occupied by the Alnalkian Military." President Brians responded. "Besides, the Lisalian Federation is in no condition to launch an armed attack against the Analkians or our forces stationed in the Analkian Galaxy."

President Brians' Chief of Staff noticed a concerned expression on his face and guessed it had something to do with the Senate Hearing about Commander Jonathan Lencon.

Over the next three days, the Amderestan Senate Intelligence and Defense Committee chaired by Senator Nellis made prepartions for the Senate Hearing on Operation Northern Assault Taronia.

On Transport Sierra 99864, the pilot on the bridge proceeded to address the passengers onboard. "Attention passengers, we entered the Central Systems and will be approaching Crescent."

Near the rear of the passenger section, Lieutenant Andrea Forrester and Lieutenant Timothy Forrester started to discuss the next phase once they landed on Crescent.

"Those damn jerks are going to learn not to mess with us, bro." Andrea told her twin brother who looked up from his datapad.

"And so it begins." Lieutenant Timothy Forrester responded to his twin sister seated beside him.

On his datapad, Andrea noticed an article which had a headline that read: Commander Lencon summoned for Senate Hearing. Below that was the article itself which read:

Jonathan Lencon, currently serving as the Taronia Region Amderestan Military Field Commander is expected to begin his testimony at the Senate Intelligence And Defense Committee today in relation to Operation Northern Assault Taronia. Senator Nellis who is currently chairman of the committee in an interview yesterday said, 'There are questions that need answers, and I intend to get those answers.'

"The last time Commander Lencon appeared before the Senate Intelligence And Defense Committee was before the Yenturian Genocide took place." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester commented to Lieutenant Timothy Forrester who turned towards his sister.

In an Amderestan Military Command Shuttle, Commander Jonathan Lencon watched Crescent grow larger in the bow plasma window as he activated the Video Audio Communication Screen's audio transciever.

"Crescent Approach, this is Amderestan Military Command Shuttle Alpha Niner-Niner-Eight-Four requesting clearance for atmospheric entry, over." Commander Jonathan Lencon said into the audio transciever.

A moment later, a Traffic Controller came over the VACS' audio reciever. "Alpha Niner-Niner-Eight-Four, you are cleared for orbital entry. Switch over to Crescent Traffic Control on VACS frequency Alpha Sierra Niner-Niner-Six."

"Copy that, Crescent Approach switching over to Crescent Traffic Control." Commander Jonathan Lencon responded as he punched in the Video Audio Communication Screen frequency Alpha Sierra 9984 and opened a transmission to Crescent Traffic Control.

"Crescent Traffic Control, this is Amderestan Military Command Shuttle Alpha Niner-Niner-Eight-Four, requesting clearance for atmospheric entry, over." Commander Jonathan Lencon said into the Video Audio Communication Screen's audio transciever.

In Crescent Traffic Control's Main Scanner Installation, one of the traffic controllers noticed a passenger transport about to intersect the flight path of Jonathan's shuttle "Amderestan Military Command Shuttle Alpha Niner-Niner-Eight-Four, this Crescent Traffic Control." The Controller said into the VACS transciever. "Passenger Transport Sierra Niner-Niner-Eight-Six-Four is 10,000 kilometers and closing on your position at bearing two-seven-eight, acknowledge them in sight."

On the bridge of Amderestan Military Command Shuttle 9984, Commander Jonathan Lencon brought the real-time scanner data on the Computer Access Terminal Screen and noticed the passenger transport was almost on top of him.

"Crescent Traffic Control, have Passenger Transport Sierra Niner-Niner-Eight-Four in sight." Commander Jonathan Lencon responded into the VACS transciever.

On the bridge of Passenger Transport Sierra 99846, the pilot who had also tuned the onboard Video Audio Communication Screen to Crescent Traffic Control on Alpha Sierra Niner-Niner-Six received a transmission from the same traffic controller.

"Sierra Niner-Niner-Eight-Four, Amderestan Military Command Shuttle Alpha Niner-Niner-Four is 7,000 kilometers away at bearing two-nine-zero, report them in sight."

"Copy Crescent Traffic Traffic, have Alpha-Nine-Nine-Eight-Four in sight." The Pilot of Passenger Transport Sierra 99864 responded.

"Sierra Nine-Nine-Eight-Six-Four, adjust your heading to bearing two-nine-zero." The Traffic Controller said over the Video Audio Communication Screen.

After a few minutes had gone by, Commander Jonathan Lencon took Amderestan Military Command Shuttle 9984 into Crescent's atmosphere and flew towards the government district of Crescent City. Jonathan piloted the shuttle towards a Landing Platform on the outskirts of the government district and landed the main runway.

In the Senate Building, Prime Minister Thomas Linnen sat at the desk in office with his datapad in his hand. A moment later his Chief of Staff walked in.

"Just wanted to let you know, Commander Lencon is on his way here." Linnen's Chief of Staff commented.

"Hope I still have a job after this hearing." Prime Minister Linnen commented. "The last time Jonathan Lencon appeared before the Senate Intelligence And Defense Committee, the Prime Minister found himself the recipent of a no confidance vote in his leadership."

In the east wing of the redesigned Senate Building, Senator Nellis, Senator Kevin Termans and several other Senators currently on the Senate Intelligence And Defense Committee went over stacks of intelligence that pertained to Operation Northern Assault Taronia in preparation for the Senate Hearing.

In another part of the Senate Building's east wing, Commander Jonathan Lencon made his way down several corridors on the first floor to the elevator and took it up to the tenth floor which had several conference rooms.

Jonathan recalled his appearance before the Senate Intelligence And Defense Committee several decades earlier then chaired by Jonthan Tenlon as he made his way to the place where the Senate hearing would be held at.

Jonathan entered the room to find Senator Nellis, Senator Kevin Termans, and twenty-five other Senators seated at table in the shape of a upside down u. On the right side was an area for reporters and another section had been set aside for those attending the hearing in person.

Commander Jonathan Lencon noticed the cameras that would broadcast the hearing on ARNN Senate to trillions of Amderestans, Alazenians, Parisians, Taronians, Tourists, Tithians, and Swearians in the Amderesta Galaxy.

"Commander Lencon, it has come to our attention that you gave orders for the execution of STPLA-NAF Prisoners of War held in Amderestan Military Prisoner of War complex throughout the Taronia Region." Senator Nellis began. "Through this hearing, I hope we get can answers to questions pertaining to this matter. Commander, what compelled you to issue such orders?"

Commander Jonathan Lencon thought for a moment. "Well, I was contacted by a Taronian civilian who expressed her views concerning the STPLA-NAF Prisoners of War detained at that time. Her opinion was that STPLA forces were traitors and should be dealt with."

"By dealt with you're saying executed, right?" Senator Nellis asked Commander Jonathan Lencon in a direct tone.

"At that time Senator, STPLA-NAF was a threat to the national security of the 4th Amderestan Republic, so yes I gave orders for the liquidation of all STPLA forces in the Taronia Region." Commander Jonathan Lencon responded. "When I became an officer in the Amderestan Military, I took an oath to defend the 3rd and 4th Amderestan Republic against all enemies foreign and domestic. You were elected to represent those in your constituency not conduct a witch hunt."

Senator Kevin Termans turned towards Senator Nellis with a concerned look. "This hearing is about Commander Lencon, right?"

"Commander Lencon, you were assigned to Taronia Region Amderestan Military Field Command Headqarters because of your involvement with the organization of BULA?" Senator Kevin Termans asked Jonathan after he had been given the floor.

"Yes, I was." Commander Jonathan Lencon responded into the audio transciever on the desk in front of him. "My Adjuant, Commander Timothy Forrester as you're aware conducted covert operations against the former Amderestan Army Republic before the 2nd Third Republic-AAR War began."

"Thank you, Commander." Senator Termans said. "According to your report dated January 6, 90,056, Lieutenant Andrea Forrester and her brother Lieutenant Timothy Forrester along with Commander Lerras were debriefed concerning intelligence related to STPLA forces?"

"Yes, Lieutenants Forrester obtained the intel while at STPLA-NAF Headqaurters under orders to assassinate the STPLA-NAF High Command members." Commander Jonathan Lencon responded in answer to Senator Termans' current line of questioning.

Meanwhile in Crescent City's commerical district, Lieutenant Andrea Forrester and her twin brother Lieutenant Timothy Forrester exited an anti-grav planetary transport which had stopped near a café and proceeded on foot.

"Andrea, do you know who we are looking for?" Lieutenant Timothy Forrester asked his sister as they blended into a crowd of pedestrians. 

Andrea brought up a list of people who had ties to the Amdronian Unification Organization in some way or another on her datapad and pondered who to visit first. After they walked for several blocks, Andrea and Timothy entered a café filled with several dozen people and made their way to the barista.

"Excuse me, my brother and I are looking for someone." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester told the barista. She showed an image of an Amderestan man in his early 40s on her datapad to the barista who thought for a moment.

"He looks familiar, however I'd keep my eyes peeled if I were you two." The Barista told Andrea and Timothy in a lowered voice.

"But have you seen him recently?" Lieutenant Andrea Forrester asked the Barista with emphasis as she showed the image to him again.

"Yes, I saw Mr. Lerras in here a few days ago." The Barista told Andrea and Timothy. "Can I get you two a coffee or something?"

"Two coffees to go." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester told the barista as she placed several Amderestan Credits by the register. "Keep the change."

"Do you know offhand where we might find Mr. Lerras at?" Lieutenant Timothy Forrester asked as Andrea took the cups of coffee from the barista.

"He didn't give an address or anything like that, now if you can be on your way." The Barista told Andrea and Timothy. "I have paying customers waiting for their coffee." The Barista who was an Amderestan man in his thirties gestured toward the line of people in wait to get their coffee orders.

"Contact us on this VACS frequency if you see Mr. Lerras in here." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester told the barista as she and Lieutenant Timothy Forrester exited the café and continued down the sidewalk.

On Taronia, Commander Timothy Forrester sat in his office at Taronia Region Amderestan Military Field Command Headqaurters with the videoscreen tuned to ARNN Senate. The camera angled showed a view of Commander Jonathan Lencon seated at a row of tables with datapads spread out in front of him while Senator Nellis, Senator Terrans and twenty or so other Senators were seated at a semi-circle table.  

"Commander Lencon, when you gave your order regarding the STPLA Prisoners of War was the AMCOS, Defense Minister, and President notified about said orders?" Senator Larry Thompson inquired of Jonathan.

"Yes, I notified Commander Jacobs, Defense Minister Tellans, and President Brians about the orders." Commander Jonathan Lencon responded.

Over the next sixteen days, Lieutenant Andrea Forrester and Lieutenant Timothy Forrester continued their search for Mr. Lerras in one of Crescent City residental suburbs. However, this would more of a challenge then they anticipated. Maybe Lerras had been tipped of about their arrival on Crescent and was on the move. Andrea however was convinced Lerras was still on Crescent and would question him one way or another.

Next Week I'll be uploading the third chapter of my scifi novel Amderesta The 4th Republic #10, hope you enjoyed reading this installment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 237 38
Book four of the "Heirs of the Fallen" series: It's been three years since the battle of Shili and the war rages on. The New Republic has seen a rebo...
449 136 14
Punk Wars... When two or more sci-fi "Punk" worlds collide! The Mothership returns for a third outing to the furthest reaches of space, where one wor...
196 3 1
In a broken futuristic world, a young girl must choose between doing good or fitting in. She soon finds something that makes the choice for her and a...
272 25 22
The war begins to intensify and more forces are brought into the action against the growing rebellion and the empire. Friends are turned foes and the...