Run➳Jacob Black [Book 1]

By writer_aly4

"I never meant to hurt anyone I really thought that we were just having fun But you put the gun in my hand so... More

Summary and Soundtrack
2.0
3.0
4.0
5.0
6.0
7.0
8.0
9.0
10.0
11.0
12.0
13.0
14.0
15.0
16.0
Epilogue

1.0

88.4K 1.8K 1.1K
By writer_aly4

Katherine leaned against the front of her stepfather's car watching the sun blaze across the Phoenix desert. She felt the skin on her cheeks begin to turn pink contrasting the pale skin around it but she couldn't bring herself to care. In a few hours, she would be leaving her sunny, Phoenix home forever to go the rainy Forks, Washington.

"You alright Kate?"

She looked back to see her stepfather Phil shoving her bag into the back of the car. She liked Phil. He was nice and really cared about her mother, Renee. His baseball career is the reason that she had to leave. He and her mother wanted to go on the road and move to Jacksonville, Florida. Kate didn't blame them. If she could do something like that she would jump at the chance.

"Yea," she said half-heartedly, "It's been years since I've seen dad. It'll be nice."

Phil looked over to where my sister Bella and my mom were hugging, "Well you're happier about it than your sister." He turned his back on her and yelled at the other two, "Guys, come on. I love you both! We have a plane to catch."

Bella and Renee came to the car. Bella stopped in front of Kate and smiled softly at her before getting into the car. Kate gave one last look at her childhood home and got into the car next to her sister. The car ride to the airport was a silent one. Kate put in her headphones and leaned her head against the car window.

The plane ride was very much the same; neither Bella nor Kate said anything to one another both lost in their own thoughts. Not that she really expected anything else. Bella wasn't really one to talk much. She inherited that from their father apparently. Kate was always the odd one out in her family. She didn't know what it was but there was a feeling that she didn't fit in with any family member. She spent most of her time out of the house any time she could or shut away in her room drawing.

"Bella, Kate, over here," Charlie said.

Kate stood on her toes to look over the small crowd in the Seattle airport. In his chief of police uniform, their father stood lifting a hand in the air. Kate smiled and quickly left her sister behind to hug her dad.

"Whoa, kiddo, you've grown up," Charlie said as he put her arms around her.

Kate smiled up at him, "Nice to see you too, Dad."

"Hey, Charlie," Bella mumbled behind her.

Kate spun in her dad's arms to give Bella a confused look. Charlie? She refused to call him "dad"? Bella avoided her gaze. Both her dad and Bella shifted uncomfortably with all of the awkwardness between them.

"So how far is it to Forks?" Kate asked trying to ease the tension.

Charlie snapped out of it slowly, "About four hours. Come on"

If possible, drive to Forks was even more awkward than the journey to Seattle. When they reached the town Kate sat up eagerly looking around the town she only had faint memories of from her childhood. The buildings were rather old and rustic looking that would only fit in around the mountains that surrounded the little town. That was probably the best way to describe the vibe of the town: rustic.

"Your hair's longer," she heard Charlie say.

She saw Bella begin to play with the ends of her hair, "I cut it since last time I saw you."

"Oh, I guess it grew out again." Typical Bella; make a situation more awkward than it had to be.

When they pulled up to the house Kate leapt out of the car and stood there in the gravel just staring up at the house. It was just like she remembered it. The two-story house sat there with its white paint peeling around the edges surrounded by trees that led to a forest. A smile broke out onto her face. Maybe this wouldn't be that bad after all.

Charlie led the girls to their adjacent rooms telling them that he had cleared off some shelves in that bathroom for them. Kate opened the door to her room and just stood there with her mouth in a slight smile. The first thing she noticed was the window that overlooked the forest. She could clearly see the trees and into the depths of their dark leaves. Inside the room made her smile even more. All of her old stuffed animals were taken away and the room was rather bare. She envisioned herself putting up her pictures on the walls and bringing the room some color from its green walls. Her bed was made haphazardly with an old looking quilt. She flopped down on it and smiled up at the ceiling.

"You're mom told me you always liked that old quilt we had," she heard Charlie say from the doorway.

Kate sat up, "Yea, thanks." She got to her feet and hugged him around the waist once more. Unlike last time, Charlie didn't hug back and was as stiff as a board. He was no doubt uncomfortable.

He cleared his throat, "I'll let you get unpacked."

She let go and watched him as he thundered down the stairs and out of sight. She turned to survey her room one more time and then got to work putting away her clothes.

She had just managed to fill her drawers when she heard a car honk from outside. Kate left her room to see Bella looking out of her window that faced the street.

"Who is it?" she asked her sister.

Bella gave a slight jump before looking at her, "I don't know."

"Let's go find out."

Kate practically jumped down the stairs, her long brown hair flying behind her. She heard Bella taking careful, slow steps down the stairs so she didn't fall. Kate opened the door to see Charlie talking to a man in a wheelchair and a young boy standing in their driveway. The man and the boy were clearly related. They both had dark features that stuck out against he pale feeling of Forks. Kate couldn't help but feel warm at the sight of them, almost as if a happy memory was coming back to her.

"Heard you guys coming all the way down the road," she heard Charlie say as he shook the man in the wheelchair's hand. He then clasped hands with the boy.

"Ah, the girls of the hour," she heard the man say.

Kate and Bella stood there in front of them. The two girls looked very different. Kate was smiling and gave a soft wave while Bella had her hands in her pockets.

"Girls, you remember Billy Black."

Bella spoke up first, "Yea. Wow, you're looking good."

"Still dancing," he smiled as he shook her hand.

"I remember all of the times you used to chase me around the reservation," Kate laughed.

Bill started to laugh too, "I couldn't keep you still. You and Jacob here wouldn't stop moving. Most of the time annoying Bella and Rebecca to tears."

"I still do that," she said putting her hand on her older sister's back.

"I'm glad you girls are finally here," Billy continued, "Charlie here hasn't shut up since you told him you were coming."

Charlie rolled his eyes trying to play it off, "Alright, keep exaggerating. I'll roll you into the mud."

Billy wheeled around and started to chase after Charlie, "After I ram you in the ankles."

The two grown men started to roughhouse in the middle of the street acting like children. Kate, Bella, and Jacob all laughed at their fathers.

Jacob stuck his hand out to Bella, "Hi, I'm Jacob."

"Hey," she muttered.

"We used to make mud pies when we were little."

"Right. No, I remember."

Kate started laughing causing Jacob to turn and look at her, "Last time I saw you, you had a broken arm."

Jacob's face split into a wide grin, "If I remember right, it's because you pushed me out of a tree."

She put her hands up in defense, "I still say that you jumped."

"Are they always like this," she laughed.

"It's getting worse with old age," Jacob joked.

Billy and Charlie had finally stopped horsing around and came back to the kids.

"So, what do you think?" Charlie asked Bella.

"Of what?"

"Your homecoming present."

Charlie motioned toward the faded red truck that he had been leaning on earlier and he looked at Bella expectantly. The truck was old, well worn, and not too flashy. It looked to be in good running condition but that it could take a few hits. This was exactly what Bella needed with her luck.

"This?" Bella's face lit up in excitement as she grabbed the car.

"Just bought it off Billy here."

"I totally rebuilt the engine for you," Jacob inputted.

Kate whirled around from the truck to look at him, "You did?"

Cars had always interested her. Although Kate was more inclined to draw them, the idea of driving one was just as amazing. She looked at Jacob with wide eyes full of amazement. How had a fifteen year old rebuilt an entire engine?

"Yup," he said.

"Can you teach me?" she asked him.

Jacob ran his hands nervously behind his neck, "Sure. Just, um...let's check out the truck."

Bella started to laugh and get even more excited, "This is perfect! Are you joking me?" Jacob made his way to try to get to the passenger side but Bella ripped open the truck door and caught Jacob in the side of the leg as he passed. Kate laughed again and leaned on the driver's side open window.

"Okay, listen. You've got to double pump the clutch when you shift, but besides that, you should be good," Jacob explained.

"That's this one," Bella clarified.

"Yeah, right there."

"Do you want a ride to school or something?" Bella asked.

"Yes," Kate said from the window.

Jacob gave her a smirk as Bella turned to give her a small glare. Kate just smiled even bigger.

"I go to school on the reservation," Jacob told them.

"So you won't be in my classes?" Kate asked with a small pout.

Jacob shook his head no.

"That's too bad. It would've been nice to know one person," Bella whispered.

Kate waved her hand, "I'm right here, Bells."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 3.9K 23
the run away didn't go looking for love. lower case intended. [book one] *i do not own any of twilight. just my characters and their thoughts*
658K 21K 41
Edward finds Jacob alone in the woods. Warning: This is probably gonna be mpreg, m'dudes...maybe even a lil crack.
116K 2.6K 44
"Dreams of loneliness, Like a heartbeat, drives you mad In the stillness of remembering, what you had, And what you lost and what you had " * "You ma...
857K 25K 21
"I'll never wear your broken crown I took the road and I fucked it all away Now in this twilight, how dare you speak of grace" Jacob Black/OC Fanfict...