The New Family Member (Bat fa...

By DC_Writer_E

Emily is just a normal girl who moved to Gotham City two days ago. She meets Nightwing and Robin and then dis... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Tag
Authors Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Another Tag
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
A REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE
Extra chapter
Chapter 55
UPDATE
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
I WILL UPDATE
THE NEW FINCH SUIT + UPDATE
Emily's Birthday Party

Chapter 16

4.3K 139 88
By DC_Writer_E

Two chapters in one day? Yes, so enjoy! <3

{Emily POV}

I woke up and saw that the boys were still sleeping, I went downstairs to the kitchen and was greeted by Alfred.

"Good morning to you too Alfred." I said and gave him a smile. Father walked in and he was looking worried.

"Something bothering you father?" I asked and he sighed.

"Emily who was that boy you met yesterday?" He asked me and I blushed.

"Oh......that...that is Peter." I said still blushing. He looked at me and chuckled.

"You're just like me, the eyes isn't it?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Just be careful, reveal one thing about yourself and you can't ever see him again." He said and as he said those words my eyes widened.

"You can't do that! I never say anything about your love life don't I?!" I said and he looked angry at me.

"Despite what you think I'm your father Emily and not your butler. I make the rules around here and that's it." He said and I crossed my arms.

"Fine." I said not even looking at him and he left.

"Master Bruce can be a bit stressful but he means well." Alfred said as he sat down on the chair next to me, I just sighed.

"Something else bothering you Emily?" He asked me and I nodded.

"It's just that before I moved to Gotham I could go everywhere I wanted and not worry about being noticed and now I feel like I'm being watched 24/7, like I'm being held prison into my own house." I said and he sighed.

"Oh and I know about the electrical field around the house." I said and he nodded.

"Master Bruce won't be happy for letting me do this but go. I'll tell everyone that you went to the store for me." He said and I smiled. I hugged him and thanked him. I ran to my room and pushed the door open. I didn't notice that the boyse were still sleeping so I tripped over Damian and fell onto Tim almost kissing him. The boys woke up and looked at me weird. Tim opened his eyes and smiled.

"If you wanted a kiss you could've just asked." He said in his morning voice and I blushed.

"Sorry I was going to put on my clothes but tripped over Damian." I said and he chuckled.

"Don't worry about it." He said winking.

"Emily you can get off Tim now." Dick said and I realised that I was still on top of Tim. I was about to stand up but Tim held me back.

"Nah we're good." He said and I chuckled.

"Here let me help." Jason said and lifted me up unwrapping me from Tim's arms and kicked him in the stomach. Tim grunted in pain and I looked pissed at Jason.

"You could've also just freed me and not kick Tim you know." I said angry. I grabbed some clothes from my closet and went to my bathroom to change. I heard them talking but I couldn't understand what they were saying.

{Tim POV}

"Emily hates you."  I sang and Jason looked at me pissed.

"Shut up before I'll kick you again." He said and I stopped.

"Knock it off you two, Tim you need to stop flirting with her and Jason stop being so overprotective." Dick said and I nodded.

"Okay mom." Jason said and left the room. I walked out too with my blanket and pillow and so did Damian and Dick.

{Emily POV}

I walked out of the bathroom and noticed that the boys were gone. I looked at the time and saw that I only had 4 minutes left before school began! I quickly grabbed my books and went to the study. I was just in time and saw Miss Kyle sitting behind her desk.

"Just in time." She said and I sat down on my chair. The school day was over and I quickly made my homework and went to Jason's room since Dick wasn't home.

"Jason can you please drop me off in front of the McDonalds?" I asked him and he smiled.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked me and I looked at him confused.

"Why would I?" I asked him and he didn't answer my question instead we went to the garage and stepped on the motorcycle of Dick.

"Please don't tell me you like to drive fast like Dick?" I said and he chuckled.

"I'm insulted, he drives so slow." He said and I gulped. I put on my helmet and he raced away. I wrapped my hands around his waist and buried my head in his back, he was just going to fast. He then started going slower and I could finally open my eyes. He stopped and I sighed.

"Sorry if I scared you." He said and I looked at him pissed.

"You're lucky that my hair is in a ponytail." I said and he smirked.

"You're lucky to be alive, you were squeezing me so tight, I was starting to see black dots." He said and I chuckled. I kissed him on the cheek and he raced away. I went inside the McDonalds and ordered what I ordered yesterday. I sat down on one the booths and started eating.

"Emily?" I heard a similar voice to my left. I turned and saw that it was Peter.

"Hey Peter." I said and he smiled. That smile made me blush so bad. He sat down opposite me and I saw that he had nothing to eat.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him and he shook his head. But I could hear his stomach roaring.

"Yes you are, wait here." I said, I stood up and ordered him the same and came back with the food. I placed it in front of him but he refused.

"No I can't accept this." He said and I smirked at him.

"I can hear your stomach screaming from over the counter." I said and he chuckled. He took a bite out of his burger and took a sip from his milkshake. After we were done he thanked me and blushed as I smiled at him. We walked around again and when I looked at the building checking if Dick was there spying on me or the other boys but saw no one. We walked around the park and sat down on a bench.

"20 questions?" He asked me and I nodded.

"So how many brothers do you exactly have?" He asked me and I chuckled.

"I have 3 older brothers and 1 little brother." I said and he nodded.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I have 2 older sisters and a younger one. I know every type of mascara and everything a girl needs when she has 'pain'." He said and I smiled.

"Where do you exactly life?" He asked me and the thought of my father shot through my head.

"Uhm it's in the middle of nowhere." I lied and he nodded.

"How old are your brothers?" He asked.

"The oldest is 22, the other ones are 19, 15 and 10. How about you?" I said.

"The oldest is 19 and the other ones are 18 and 15." He answered.

"Okay last question. How did you react when you caught me yesterday?" I asked and he chuckled.

"I saw the bottle of water on the floor but saw that you wouldn't notice it so I quickly walked over to you and when you tripped I managed to catch you. I was worried but also relieved." He said and I blushed.

"That's so sweet." I said.

"Not as sweet as you." He said and I blushed harder. He placed a strand of hair behind my ear and looked at me in the eyes. Those eyes were so pure green I could get easily lost in them. He placed his thumb on my cheek and started leaning in. I closed my eyes but then heard my name being yelled.

"Hey Emily!" I heard Dick yell and he walked over to us. He quickly placed his thumb away and Dick faked a smile.

"How are you?" Dick asked me.

"I'm fine I thought you were going to work the whole day." I said and he shook his head.

"Everything was handled sis, oh and who is this?" He asked me and then looked at Peter.

"This is Peter, Peter this is my oldest brother Dick." I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Friend? Are you really sure you two aren't dating?" He asked me and I blushed.

"Emily and I are just friends." Peter made clear and I agreed.

"Well would you like to have dinner at our place as friends?" He asked me and I was tomato red right now.

"I don't think that that is necessary." He said and Dick insisted. We walked over to his car and drove our way to the manor. I sat in the back with Peter and Dick was driving. His eyes widened as he saw the manor appearing.

"Middle of nowhere huh?" He said smirking.

"Peter did Emily ever tell you her surname?" Dick asked Peter. He shook his head and Dick chuckled.

"Well tell him Emily." Dick said and he looked through his mirror at me.

"Wayne." I mumbled.

"What?" Dick said and I started getting pissed.

"Wayne." I said clear and Peter raised an eyebrow.

"I guess I am really lucky." He said and held my hand. I smiled and smirked at Dick and he saw it through his mirror. We walked inside the manor and Jason opened the door. Oh no.

"Emily welcome home!" He said and opened the door for me. I went inside and he quickly closed it locking Peter outside.

"JASON!" I yelled and pushed him out of the way to open the door. I let Peter and Dick in.

"Sorry he is the mean one." I said and looked at Jason. He pretended to be hurt and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry my sister are also like that." He said and I sighed out of relief and he held my hand.

"Emily dinner is ready!" I heard Tim yell. We walked into the dining room and sat down on the chairs. Peter sat next to me and Damian walked over to him.

"Excuse me but that is my worthy place next to my dearest sister." He said and Peter raised an eyebrow.

"He's the ten year old." He said pointing to Damian and I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Before you point your finger please make sure that they are clean." He said with no emotion. Peter quickly put his hands away and Damian sighed.

"I will sit next to Grayson and Todd only because you are accompanied by Emily." He said and sat between Dick and Jason. Alfred came with the food and Bruce walked in with a smile on his face. Peter quickly stood up but realised that none of us were standing so he quickly sat down.

"We don't do that around here my boy, I'm Bruce Wayne." Father said and Peter shook his hands.

"Nice meeting you Mr. Wayne I'm Peter." He said and father sat down opposite me.

"Welcome father." Damian said with no emotion and Bruce fumbled his hair. We ate our food and father started talking with the boys and Peter and I were quiet the whole time. Peter placed a hand on my leg and I flinched. I was still looking at father having his conversation until Peter started raising his hand. I quickly crossed my legs and he smirked.

"Boys could you help me in my study." Bruce said and they all nodded.

"Could you give me a tour?" Peter asked me and I nodded. We were alone in the room and I started showing him the manor. We went upstairs since I was done with downstairs and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I blushed and he chuckled.

"I love it when you blush, it makes me crazy." He said and I blushed more. We walked past Damian's room.

"This is Damian's room and that's mine. Dick's comes next and Jas-." I said as I was stopped by him.

"Can I see your room?" He asked me and I hesitated.

"I'm only sixteen not eighteen." He said and I sighed. I opened my bedroom door and we walked inside.

"Nice room." He said and I thanked him.

"It's bigger than my living room." He continued and I chuckled. He noticed the sketchpad on my desk and picked it up. He scrolled through the pages and stopped on the one with the Batman symbol on it.

"You have Batman's autograph?!" He said and I nodded. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms behind my back making me face him.

"I'm so lucky to have you." He said looking into my eyes. The eyes!!!! I was speechless and he smiled as he was still looking at me. He let go of me and sat on my side of my bed.

"Why do speechless?" He asked me and I tried to change the topic real quick.

"Why did you place your hand on my leg at the table?" I asked him.

"Because I  wanted to tease you." He said smirking. I walked over to him and lifted his chin up so that he would face me.

"I hate it when boys do that." I said and he smirked.

"Your eyes are saying something different." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"And now?" I asked.

"Yup." He said and I chuckled.

"Let's continue with the tour." I said and was about to walk away when he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

"I like it here better." He said and I blushed. He wrapped his hand behind my back again and started leaing in. Our lips were about to meet when suddenly DICK opened the door.

"I told you guys that she would be here!" He said and Peter quickly let go of me. Tim, Jason and Damian walked into my room and Jason quickly wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Missed me angel?" He said and I chuckled. Peter looked a bit jealous. Jason didn't let go of me and I couldn't fight him off so he had to stay that way.

"It's almost 10 o'clock Peter aren't your parents worried?" Dick asked Peter and he took out his phone.

"Wow 10 missed calls." He said and Dick smirked at me.

"Oh no I'll bring you home!" He said and was about to walk out of my room when Peter stopped him.

"Emily can I get your number?" He asked me and the boys looked very angry at him.

"Sure." I said and put my number in his phone. He smiled and kissed my cheek. I put my hand on my cheek as he walked away. Jason finally let's go of me and I looked pissed at him.

"Why did you do that?!" I said and he started getting pissed too.

"I was protecting you from those kind of boys!" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"You mean flirtatious and kind, just like you." I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"I look nothing like him!" He yelled and Damian held him back.

"You sure have the green eyes." I said and he stopped himself.

"I should've never brought you to the city." He said and walked angry out of my room. Damian followed him and Tim put his hand on my shoulder. He was about to say something but nothing came out and he just walked out of my room too. I felt terrible and wanted the ground to swallow me. I laid on my bed and got a text from Peter.

P: Hey would you like to have a dinner at my place tomorrow?

E: I'll try to persuade my father.

P: Hope you can come ;)

E: I hope too.

{Dick POV}

I was driving towards Peter's house and saw him texting Emily, I sighed.

"Peter please try to understand but I need you to stay away from Emily." I said and he started laughing, I immediately knew that that wasn't a good sign.

"Funny but not gonna happen." He said and I stopped the car.

"Listen I know your type, you only head for the rich girls and dump them right after you've used them." I said and he nodded.

"I guess you really do know my type." He said and I grabbed him by his collar.

"Wouldn't do that if I were you, I think Emily wouldn't like it if one of her best brothers hits her boyfriend." He said and I let go of him.

"You're not her boyfriend!" I yelled.

"Sure and I wouldn't try telling Emily if I were you. Poor girl would get her heart broken." He said and that's when I flipped.

"Listen Peter Sky, you try to hurt my sister and I'll break your face!" I yelled at him and he looked at me wide eyed.

"How did you know my surname?" He asked me.

"I'm a cop and your stupid sister tried to flirt with me for the whole day!" I said and he gulped. I drove along and dropped him off at his house.

{Emily POV}

I was in my bed trying to distract myself when Dick entered my room.

"Are you going to yell at me too?" I asked and he sighed. He walked over to me and hugged me for no reason.

"Of course not, I would never be angry at you." He said and those words made my whole day.

"I'll always be behind you no matter what." He said and let go of me.

"Why am I so lucky to have you as a brother?"  I asked him and he chuckled.

"EMILY CAVE NOW!" I heard father yell. I froze and Dick held my hand.

"Don't worry." He said and we went down to the cave. Father was sitting behind his computer and Jason wasn't looking at me and so were Damian and Tim.

"Emily do you know the trouble you have caused?"  He asked me and I shook my head.

"Because of you the boy now knows your weakness and our house." He said and I was starting to get mad.

"He's no enemy! He's just a friend and why do you even care so much about the boy?!" I yelled at him and he stood up.

"U-oh." Jason said and I ignored it.

"Because he's the older brother of the girl who tried to punch you and ruin your life!" He yelled back and I stopped.

"He's the brother of Brooke?" I said and he nodded. He couldn't be like Brooke, he was too nice and caring.

"He also works for the Joker." He said and I didn't believe a word he was saying.

"He invited me to dinner for tomorrow and I'll try to find out as much as possible about him." I said.

"NO!" He said and I rolled my eyes. Dick puts his hand on my shoulder and looked at father.

"I'll go with her." He said and Bruce sighed.

"Fine." He said and I smiled but then looked at the boys.

"I thought you guys were different, we all make mistakes but I guess I was wrong. I think it's better too not to talk to each other for now." I said and left the cave. I went to my room and quickly went to bed. I just needed some sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 439 61
All her life Robin had always been the geeky girl with her head stuck in a comic, she had few friends and a small family consisting of a kitten and a...
5.6K 196 25
April Yang and Dick Grayson share deep-rooted connections to Gotham, even if they prefer not to give them much thought and keep their emotions to the...
631K 19.2K 37
Penny Parker lives in an abusive foster home in Gotham city. One day after the Justice League have a huge fight in the city they discover that they d...
197 1 14
Damian has returned to Gotham after four years of living with the Titans, only to find that life will probably never be the same for him.