Poison (Frerard)

By thatawkwardpan

Every single one of Frank's exes only wanted him for his money. After his last breakup he swore off dating co... More

Blowjobs
Hotel Rooms
Cocaine
Desperation
Drinks
Tender Conversation
Backseats
Honesty
Horror Films
Drug Dealers
Mood Swings
Stage Performers
Trust
Withdrawals
Pain
Shitty Apartments
Loneliness
Painkillers
The Hospital
Kittens
Showers
Problematic Coworkers
Surprises
Gentle & Sweet
Hungover
Assault
Injuries
Healing
Domestic
Partners
Welcome To The Family
Comic Books (Final)
Please go follow my new account...
Author's Note

Drinking Alone

6.7K 371 559
By thatawkwardpan

"Frank! Hey, asshole! Frank! Fraannk!" James yelled through the apartment, the tattooed man blearily opening his eyes.

"Fuck, James, go away..." Frank grumbled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Gerard groaned softly, shifting in his sleep.

"Ah! Fuck, don't wake up," Frank whispered anxiously, carefully removing his arms from around Gerard's waist and crawling out of bed. He slipped on his boxers before opening the door, quietly padding down the short hallway to meet James.

"Hey, Frank; didn't'cha hear me calling for you?" James chuckled, his voice much too loud for Frank's liking.

"Shh! You'll wake him up," Frank hissed, relaxing a little when he didn't hear anything from the bedroom. "Why're you back already?"

"I left my phone charger and I needed cash," James replied, flashing a few crumpled bills. "Sorry, I had to borrow twenty from you."

"Whatever, it's fine," Frank said dismissively, anxious to get James out of there.

The floor creaked from down the hallway, Gerard slowly opening the bedroom door. "Frankie?" he rasped, rubbing his eyes. He opened them slowly, shrieking when he realized him and Frank weren't alone and he literally had no clothes on. "Shit!" he yelled, racing back into the bedroom and quickly closing the door.

"Um, Gee, are you okay?" Frank asked through the door, unable to keep the chuckle out of his voice.

"Hello, I'm James! Sorry we had to meet like that," his roommate yelled to the redhead, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I'm guessing you're Gerard."

"Um, yeah, that's me," the pale man said as he returned from the bedroom, now clad in a pair of Frank's boxers and one of his hoodies.

"Frank's told me a lot about you," James said with a smile, Gerard casting a worried glance at the tattooed man.

"Only good things," Frank added, reassuringly smiling at him.

"Well, I've got to be on my way... It was nice meeting you," James said cheerily, shaking Gerard's hand before heading to the door. "You can expect me back sometime tomorrow, Frank."

"See ya, James!" Frank called back, waving after his roommate.

"He seems nice," Gerard said with a smile, his cheeks still flushed crimson with embarrassment.

"We've been friends for a long time," Frank replied, a happy smile curving his mouth.

"I'm glad I got to meet him," Gerard said softly, pulling the sleeves of Frank's jacket down over his hands.

"Me too," Frank whispered, warmth filling his chest and emotion choking his voice. He cleared his throat before speaking again, offering the redhead a cup of coffee.

"I should get home, actually..." Gerard replied solemnly, a sad smile on his lips. "I made sure to feed Bandit before I left for work, but that was quite a few hours ago..."

"Oh, right," Frank said quietly, forcing a tiny smile.

"Yeah, well, I should get dressed then," Gerard mumbled, chewing his lip.

"Uh, yeah, I guess so," Frank sighed, his eyes sad as he followed Gerard back into his bedroom.

They dressed in silence, the only other words they spoke to each other was a short exchange in which Frank told Gerard he could keep the hoodie if he wanted, and Gerard merely shaking his head no.

The ride back to Inferno so Gerard could get his car was melancholic to say the least. Frank wanted Gerard to stay more than anything, and Gerard could hardly bear the thought of having to leave Frank again. His heart ached and tears pooled in his eyes, the poor redhead desperately wishing things were different.

He wished he and Frank had met under different circumstances. He wished he had the courage to tell the beautiful, tattooed man how he really felt. And more than anything he wished that he was someone that he felt was worth loving, instead of just a pathetic stripper.

Frank's heart also ached for a different scenario, an alternate reality where their lives would be perfect together. Where he and Gerard would live in an apartment in New York, matching silver wedding bands on their fingers. Already filled out, but not yet sent adoption papers safely filed away, a cat and a dog curled up together on their plush couch, Central Park only walking distance from their perfect little home...

He often dreamed of Gerard--it was a rare occurrence that the redhead wasn't on his mind, even while he was sleeping--and his imagination ran wild with all the love he had for this man. In his eyes, Gerard deserved a perfect world and so so so much more.

He'd never known love could feel this way, and every second was just as wonderful as it was terrifying. He blindly let his heart lead him; last night would have been far less intimate if he'd let his brain dictate his actions instead of his love. He knew it was reckless to be so openly romantic and loving but he couldn't help it anymore. He couldn't lie to Gerard, and that's what it'd be if he was cautious and pretended to not feel the way he did. The truth was he loved Gerard--he loved him so much his heart broke every time he left and fluttered every time the redhead smiled at him. He loved Gerard with all his heart, and this was the most painful goodbye yet.

"When will I see you again?" Gerard turned back and asked, his eyes shining. He was far enough away Frank couldn't see his unshed tears, his voice surprisingly stable for someone barely holding back tears.

"When would you want to see me again?" Frank asked softly, blinking away tears of his own.

'Tomorrow, later tonight... I don't want you to leave at all,' Gerard thought sadly, clearing his throat before he spoke. "Sooner than a week; I missed you terribly this past time," he replied, sniffling quietly.

"I'm so sorry about that, I had to go to California for a few days for work..." Frank apologized, guilt heavy in his chest. "I'll see you again much sooner this time, I promise."

"Okay," Gerard replied in a choked voice, smiling sadly. He wanted to tell Frank how he felt, he wanted to tell him so badly, but he just couldn't.

"Um, goodbye, Gee," Frank said softly, forcing a smile for the redhead's benefit.

"Bye..." Gerard quietly replied, faking a smile as well.

Frank was rolling up the car window when Gerard suddenly spoke, cutting himself off quickly. "Frankie, I--"

"I'm going to miss you," he finally said, unable to find the courage to voice his true feelings.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Gee," Frank said softly, a stray tear falling from his eye. "Call me if you need anything, or text me, or come over if you really want to... any time, even if it's three in the morning."

"I will," Gerard replied in a choked whisper, a few tears of his own slipping from his eyes.

Frank waved as he left the parking lot, Gerard barely maintaining a smile as he waved back. His steps were heavy as he trudged to his car, his heart already aching.

Bandit greeted him at the door, weaving her small body through his ankles and meowing to be fed. He stooped to pick her up, kicking the front door closed before heading to the kitchen.

"Did you miss me?" he cooed, stroking under her chin. She purred loudly, Gerard softly giggling at the little noise.

He paced the kitchen as she ate, debating whether or not to just get wasted. He'd taken a six pack of beer out of the fridge and set it on the counter, but that was all the further he'd gotten. He wanted to get drunk and all his sorrows to fade away, but he also knew better than to do that. Frank wouldn't want him to get so drunk he'd either be a stumbling mess or passed out on the couch; he knew this, but a part of him still wanted to get so inebriated he needn't have a care in the world.

He eventually succumbed to the temptation, lifting a chilled bottle in his fingers and popping off the metal cap. He gulped the icy liquid--if he was going to get drunk, he might as well get wasted as soon as possible.

------

By mid-afternoon he was completely drunk, the cardboard packaging of the six pack and multiple bottles scattered across the coffee table and on the floor. His steps lurched as he danced around the small living room, electronic dance music blasting from one of those music channels on the TV. Bandit watched him from her perch on the arm of the couch, the redhead occasionally picking her up and twirling around with her in his arms a few times before setting her back down.

He drunkenly stumbled into the kitchen, pulling open the refrigerator door with much more force than was really necessary. He grabbed a bottle of vodka before forcefully closing the door, clumsily removing the cork before taking a direct swig.

"Whoo!" he shouted as the liquid burned on its way down, a wild exhilaration in his eyes. The more alcohol he put into his system the more excited he seemed to get.

He'd carelessly left his phone on the counter when he got home, the smooth, black piece of plastic catching his eye. He picked it up in his hands, turning back to Bandit. "Should I call him?" he giggled, a small meow coming from Bandit.

"I know he might be busy, but I miss him..." Gerard replied as if the kitten had actually answered him, taking another swig of vodka.

Bandit sauntered over and laid across his feet, playing with a string hanging from a hole in his sock. Gerard giggled at her, thoughtfully rubbing his fingers across the buttons of his phone before making the rash decision to call him.

He almost panicked and hung up at the sound of the first dial tone, both anxious and hopeful that Frank would actually pick up.

"Gee? Is everything okay?" Frank asked, a hint of worry in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" Gerard giggled, taking another swig of vodka between sentences. "I'm just bored and lonely..."

"Are you drunk, Gee? Do you want me to come over?" Frank said softly, concern in his gentle tone. "I'll be over in ten minutes, okay?"

"Okay!" Gerard shouted happily, alcohol-induced glee replacing his previous sadness.

------

"Frankie!" Gerard shouted happily, tackling Frank in a hug. He held the bottle of vodka in his left hand, it's heavy glass making a soft thud when it collided with Frank's back.

"Uh, hi, Gee," Frank replied with a smile, pecking the redhead's cheek.

"D'you want a beer?" the older man offered, gulping more vodka as he led Frank into the kitchen.

"I'm alright-" Frank started, cutting himself off when the redhead pressed a cold bottle into his hand. "Um, okay, I guess I'll have one."

"I really missed you, Frankie," Gerard said, his words slurring slightly. He pressed the bottle to his lips again, swallowing more alcohol.

"Hey, slow down a little... You're already drunk," Frank chuckled, a hint of concern in his voice that Gerard was too intoxicated to notice.

"I'm not drunk," Gerard said stiffly, a serious expression on his face before he broke into a fit of giggles. "I'm kidding, I'm very drunk..."

"I can tell," Frank giggled, gently taking the bottle from Gerard's hands.

"Hey..." Gerard whined, a childish pout on his face. "I was drinking that."

"I know... But how about you drink some water instead?" Frank suggested, smiling at the redhead.

"Fine," Gerard noisily sighed, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. "But once this is empty I'm drinking vodka again..."

"I guess that's only fair," Frank sighed, amusedly shaking his head at him.

When Bandit bounced over to them and distracted Frank, Gerard tried to be sneaky and pour out the water. Frank's head snapped up as soon as the water gurgled in the drain, Gerard just giggling snd shrugging his shoulders.

"Hey! That's cheating!" he yelled, laughing before playfully glaring at the redhead.

"Can't blame a man for trying," Gerard reasoned, content to drink his water now that half the bottle was down the drain.

"You think you're so clever," Frank chuckled, an amused smirk curving his lips as he took a swig of beer.

"Well, yes, actually," Gerard slurred, chugging his water as fast as possible. Within another minute he had downed the rest of the bottle, gesturing for Frank to hand over the vodka.

"Alright. But you're drinking water again when you drink the last of that," Frank assented, handing over the glass bottle that was less than a quarter full.

"Touché," Gerard replied with a fake glare, grinning as he pressed the bottle to his lips.

"I'm serious, Gee... You'll get alcohol poisoning if you keep drinking at this rate," Frank said softly, concern in his expression.

"Alright, alright... I'll drink water for a bit, if that'll make you happy," Gerard conceded, thunking the bottle of vodka on the counter and grabbing another water bottle from the fridge.

"Thank you," Frank replied, smiling gratefully. He stepped closer and softly kissed Gerard, the redhead strongly tasting of alcohol.

"You know I'd do whatever you wanted to make you happy, it's not a big deal," Gerard mumbled, his words so slurred Frank was unable to hear a few of them clearly. He deciphered what Gerard must've said based on the rest of the sentence, a light blush tinting his cheeks and a smile spreading across his face.

"I'm glad you called me, Gee..." Frank mumbled, his blush darkening. "There's no one else I'd rather spend time with."

"Frankie..." Gerard slurred, the alcohol in his system taking away all his inhibitions. "I want you to know that I love you..."

Frank sighed softly, a sad smile crossing his face. "I love you, too, Gee," he said in a choked voice that was barely above a whisper. He knew Gerard was incredibly drunk and wouldn't remember any of this conversation, which made the belief that Gerard actually meant those words the same way Frank did impossible in the tattooed man's mind. He wanted more than anything for Gerard to love him back, but he couldn't be stupid with his heart and assume the feeling was reciprocated.

He'd had his heart broken too many times to be reckless with it now, and he loved Gerard more than anyone else ever before. His past relationships messed him up for quite a while, but losing Gerard would completely wreck him.

~~~~~~

Lmao I feel like it's been ages since I updated & I'm sorry

-Bren xo

*idk maybe there'll be smut next chapter (??)*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.9K 1.6K 28
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
152K 6.8K 57
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
119K 4.8K 40
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
481K 10.6K 56
Reneรฉ Rapp X Reader Imagines Regina George x Reader GxG Reneรฉ is taller and older then reader unless requested