The Huntress Becomes the Wolf...

By heartlesstwin

I've always known I was different from the other hunters. My senses were always sharper, my sight more define... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 part 1
Chapter 42 part 2
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Update
Editor Needed!
Important Changes

Chapter 5

13.4K 479 23
By heartlesstwin

Chapter 5

~Darcy's POV~

It had been hours and I still had no idea where to go. Where does an ex-hunter go to seek help of taking down their ex-sister? Not the Caspian Council, that was for sure. I guess the first step was to figure out what pack my sister was in. Then see which packs hated them. And if they didn't have any enemies I could always make some. There were always rouges, but rogues were always unpredictable. But they were harder to kill, I'll give you that much. I had killed my fair share of rogues in my life, and let me tell you it didn't get much easier. They followed no set rules like pack wolves did. They did not bow down to anyone and the only person they risked anything to preserve was themselves. The closest packs were the Shadowswoods's Pack and the Crimson Embers Pack.  Both packs were hour's ride of a bus away, and I wanted help now.

Running through the woods had never been my forte but when you gave me a goal to reach, it soon became second nature. Casting a glance to my right I heard a tree branch break. Quickly I wiped myself around and got into defensive stance, grabbing the same double edged silver tipped spear. A sound of a twig breaking on my right had me whipping my body around. In the mere second something lodged themselves into my side and I let out a hiss of pain. How did I let myself get bested?

Suddenly I had something else flying out of the trees from my left and I let out a scream that instantly shifted into a blood reaching cry of pain. I grabbed my side that had been dug into and I saw three wolves circling me. One was white, the other two faded shades of silver.  Shifting seconds apart the three people glared at me with smirking faces.

"You have to be by far the worst Hunter I've ever seen! What do you say boys? We chop of his head and send it to their leader? Hold him for ransom sending body parts every five hours until we've gotten our money?"

"I'm sure my father would love my head served to him on a silver platter, so by all means send my head. He'd be glad to see it. Deserters are looked at with no pity."

"Who did you say you're father is?"

"Anteagian Davis,"

"You're the bastard's only son? What about the chick, is she with you?" My face contorted into a look of hatred and all of the three werewolves chuckled at my expression.

"I'll take that as a no...,"

"Damn straight. She's a fucken werewolf! I ain't related to a werewolf! She's as good as dead to me now. I just want to make sure she really gets that way."

"So you want help killing a Huntress?"

"They won't kill her! The Council says that she will come crawling back to them eventual. As if. She's probably already found her mate and is living high and dry in the fucken pack house." A look was shared with the werewolves in front of me. The second one smiled I knew that something was finally going in my favor for the first time today.

"Okay, we'll help you kill your sister, if you help us kill every last member of the Caspian Council," kill the people who refused to help me? Didn't seem like much of a stretch. I knew enough about wolves to know what needed to be done if I wanted to cement this deal.

"Are you all rouges?"

"No, we belong to a pack. Why?"

"If you want me to help you bring down the Caspian Council, you and everyone in your pack will have to make a blood oath with me saying that you all will help me kill Lucie Davis or die. I want her dead within the month, and if you're not willing to do it I will find another pack willing to help me do so." A look of shock ran through the three pack mates and whisper shouts were shared amongst themselves.  

"Dude this is serious? What will Alpha say? Blood oaths can't be broken! Death? For all of us? Is it worth it?"

"You know what the Caspian Council did to our families! This if finally a chance to strike back. I'm asking Alpha!" His face cleared of all emotion and I watched as his face cringed up and then shifted into a look of panic, and then of glee.

"We'll do it. We'll blood oath you and we'll help take down your sister."  

~Lucie's POV~

Do you know how hard it is to shrug off an alpha mate? One that wants to show his dominance to every single person who 'dares' looks my way? It fucken sucks. By the time third hour rolled around I wanted to murder him. Could I just add him to my Alpha record? Please? I rolled my eyes at my thoughts and I saw Zorra raise an eyebrow at me.

"What's so funny?"

"I was just imagining adding Casey's name to my Alpha record-," a sharp laugh cut me off and I watched as Zorra literally fell from her chair, clutching her gut. I glared at her and kicked her lightly.

"Get up you're causing a scene... great just fucken great. Casey's coming over!" I threw my hands up in defeat and stormed back to me seat and plopped down.

"Having fun ladies? Zorra I don't think I've ever seen you this animated before... ever." She rolled her eyes and his narrowed at the gesture.

"What are you planning on gouging out my eyes for rolling them at you? You might be my Alpha but this is the 21rst century and I doubt corporal punishment will be looked fondly on." She had a point and I could see how much it pissed Casey off. I watched as his hands bunched into fists his eyes clouding with rage.

"Casey. Stop," I said my voice soft as I placed a hand on his shoulder lightly and lightly guided his gaze up to mine. His demeanor instantly shifted and there wasn't an ounce of anger in his whole body. His hand instantly went to rest on mine and I felt myself blush at his touch, which earned an overconfident grin from him.

"Mr. Shadowswood, Miss. Davis, am I interrupting something or is you silly teenage love so important that I am supposed to shape my lesson plan around it?" He had an eyebrow raised at us and a cast a wary glance at Casey who seemed to be holding himself back.

"No sir. Won't happen again today." I said leaning over and grasping Casey's large hand trying to sooth him. He squeezed my hand tighter than it had ever been squeezed before, but withheld a comment.

"You should go back to your seat Casey," a sad smile crossed my lips when I said this. I didn't him more attached than he already was. I wasn't sure if I was going to stay yet. I had Tabby but I knew that the second I left Casey would become sort of a parent to her, if only to feel closer to me. He let out a grunt of acknowledgement and wordlessly got up and went to his seat. I looked back at Zorra who seemed to be holding herself back from laughing.

"What's up Zor?"

"I've never seen Alpha Shadowswood act like that... ever. It's quite hilarious really," I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to my notebook in front of me. I continued to spare glances her way and every time I did she had this goofy expression on her face. Her curls were bouncing with the silent laughter that I knew she was holding in and I rolled my eyes. Her glasses were on her desk and I motioned to them with my head.

"They're for reading dumbass," I arched an eyebrow at her and she chuckled. I tore out a piece of notebook paper and was about to scribble some insult on it, but the bell rang, signaling Lunch. Lunch could mean so many things... like being shown off as Casey's girlfriend. Nope not ready for that.

"Looks like someone's dreading their first Lunch here,"

"That obvious?" I said sliding my backpack on one of my shoulders. She chuckled and nodded.

"Since you didn't give a choice earlier, I guess you're sitting with me at lunch. You get the pleasure of eating lunch with two of the most rejected werewolves in the pack."

"I'm rejected am I?" I teased, laughing. She laughed with me but instantly shook her head no.

"My brother and I have been outcasts for years and... why the hell is Alayah Shaw and Hayleigh Blackthorne coming over here looking like they want to murder a litter of kittens?" Zorra's whole body was rigid and I could tell she was extremely scared of the two werewolves approaching us.

"What do you want Alayah, Hayleigh?"

"Kaija said that if we didn't eat lunch with you she would cut off our balls and send them to a butcher to be turned into meat sticks, and then feed them to us while watching Japanese karaoke." Not one word of that threat surprised me sadly.

"She does realize that neither of you have balls right?" Zorra said chuckling at my side. Alayah growled at her and instantly I let out a growl of my own, putting my arm between Zorra and Alayah.

"Back off. She's my friend."

"So you're friends with losers now? Great way to show where our pack stands. With the losers of society." I felt my anger flare around me I this time when I let a growl Alayah took a step back.

"I would watch what you say about my friend. I have cut out peoples tongue's for less." I hissed out the threat that was all but true. It had been months since I had made a werewolf cower in fear and the power it gave me instantly went straight to my head.

"Lucie calm down," with the sound of those words my entire body deflated and I felt myself start falling to the floor. Warm arms instantly surrounded me and I looked up into the soft eyes of my Alpha mate. Casey.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 724 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
124K 1.5K 6
Full version completed and available on Dreame. Book 1 in the Viraai series. WARNING - Mature content! Highest rank - #1 in Werewolf. Part of the Wer...
33.5K 1K 77
"I, Alpha Dylan Langley, Alpha of the waterside pack Reject you, Esme West pack member of waterside west to be my mate and Luna" On Esme's 18th birth...
5.8K 326 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...