Kidnapped (Book 1)

By kthaler

It started with nothing more than a news story, but for Kelly Hunter, this story will become a reality. No on... More

Prologue
The Man
Kelly Hunter
Training
The Follower
The First Kill
Faith Hanks
Ready For A Second Try
A Somewhat Normal Day
Kidnap
Hide and Seek
Gone
Where Am I
The Second Kill
Living Nightmare
Courtney Finder
The Demand
Homesick
Marcus Linnet
The Threats
Reunited
The Gathering
The Mistake
Finding a Kidnapper
The Escape
Tracking
The Sickness
The Kill
Long Gone
Detective Robbins
The Flight
Flashback
The First Time Meeting
The Boat Ride
The Island
Revealed
Tricked
The Plan
The Search
Shocked
Rescue Mission
Interview
Isolation
Craving Normal
The Funeral
Letters
Epilogue

The Trial

5.5K 180 24
By kthaler

Two Weeks Later

              I slipped on my all black dress and a pair of flats as I got ready for the big day. This was the day of Kyle's trial that would sentence him to life in prison. We had already gone through the awful process of getting on the stand and telling the jury what happened. Luckily I wasn't in the courtroom when Kyle was questioned. I didn't want to hear anything he had to say. The lawyers told us that he was dragging this out and not pleading guilty as a game. Just another way to torture us. I was scared to see Kyle again, the last time was a few days ago when I had to identify Kyle as my kidnapper. Even though Robbins and Dole saw him, it was procedure to have the victim identify. I remembered that day clearly, every time making me want to die inside.

               We were driving up to Denver so I could identify Kyle as my kidnapper. The time passes so slow when you're on your way to see the man who ruined your life. Officer Robbins said it was nearly impossible for him to get anything but prison time. He would get a life sentence, maybe the death penalty. I wasn't a violent person but I wanted Kyle to die as I thought of my dead parents. I didn't even care about him kidnapping or shooting me, it was the fact that he killed my parents that angered me the most.

             "All I need you to do is go inside and basically tell the officer inside that Kyle is the man who kidnapped you. I'm so sorry you have too but its procedure." Officer Robbins said as we walked into the prison.

             The prison scared me as I stared up at the tall, dark walls. I know it was a prison but I didn't like the trapped feeling when I stepped inside. What if there was a prison break and they took over the prison? What are the odds of that happening? You see that happen in movies, but could that really happen? I shook away those thoughts because it would only make me more scared.

             As I entered the room where Kyle was going held, chills ran up my spine. What if I couldn't do this? Inch by inch I slowly crept into the room, Robbins right beside me. I told my aunt and uncle to wait in the lobby for me, all I needed was Robbins with me for this. My heart started to race and my palms were sweating. I didn't see Kyle at first, he was hidden behind two officers in the room. There was a glass window allowing me to finally see where Kyle was sitting. I had hoped that it was a one-way mirror but sadly at the prison, they didn't have those. As soon as I stood behind the window, he looked at me with a huge grin on his face. At that moment I swear I stopped breathing. I quickly looked away from his intense stare.

          "That's him." I muttered, trying not to look in his direction.

           "I've missed you, Kelly." Kyle spoke.

            I forced myself to look up when I heard my name being spoken. He was wearing a blue jumpsuit and there was a 3 o'clock shadow appearing on his face. He still looked like the psychopath that kidnapped me. I'd never forget that face, no matter how much he changed.

        "Shut up." The officer yelled at him, trying to save me the pain of hearing his voice.

         "This isn't over Kelly. We will be together again and nothing will stop me." He said, determination in his voice.

          "Please make him stop." I whispered, the words barely coming out.

             "I love you and will do everything in my power for us to be together again." He said again, making tears form in my eyes.

            I covered my mouth in fear and stepped away from the window. My breathing was uncontrollable as my hands began to tremble. Memories of my kidnapping flash through my mind over and over again. His voice. His kiss. Getting shot. Being kidnapped. My dad's death. Everything that happened overwhelmed my brain.

          "Can I go?" I cried as I turned away from his.

           "Yes, of course." Robbins replied, sending death glares at Kyle.

          "I will see you again soon, My Love." Kyle exclaimed before I felt the room.

             I darted out of the room, tears uncontrollably pouring down my cheeks. The way he looked at me and the way he sounded when he spoke sent me over the edge. I felt my aunt's warm arms wrap around me in comfort as I entered the lobby. I couldn't be in the prison any longer. I needed out of here, immediately. I wanted to get away from this place and never return.

            "I'm so sorry Kelly." Robbins apologized as she made her way outside to where my aunt, my uncle and I were.

          "Can we just leave this place?" I asked as I wiped my hot tears away from my face.

             I was glad I didn't wear makeup because it would have been messed up a lot from all the crying I had done. It was rare if I slept through the whole night and if I didn't have a haunting dream about Kyle, Marcus or the kidnapping. Now I have Kyle's eerie words in the back of my mind that would never go away. I can just add that to my collection of nightmares.

           After that day, the nightmares continued and his words would replay in my head. What if he did escape? Would that be possible? If that happened I know he would come for me. Would I be able to survive seeing him again? Who knows what he would do to me if he ever got the chance.

            My aunt and uncle managed to find a new house a street over from my old house. I wouldn't be able to live in my house anymore, not after being kidnapped from there and then the lingering memories of my deceased parents. I had tried to enter the house so I could pack up my things but I ended up just standing at the front door frozen in place. My aunt and uncle were able to pack everything for me so that I wouldn't have to enter the house. At this point, I had to unpack all my boxes which I had no motivation to do. Maddie and Ethan would come over occasionally and help but there was still a decent amount that needed to be put away.

            Before I knew it, our car had pulled up to the courthouse. I didn't realize how scared I was until it was actually happening. I didn't want to see Kyle again and I just prayed that he would get the highest sentence possible for putting us through an unnecessary trial. Kyle's words that he said to me kept replaying in my head, making me want to get amnesia and forget everything. Maybe he wouldn't even see me. That would be luck being on my side for once.

          Inside the courthouse, I sat in the very back with Brooke, Ethan, Maddie and some of the other girls that decided to come. Ethan held my hand tightly and squeezed it comfortingly. I loved that he was with me for this because I needed someone other than my aunt and uncle to support me and to help me get through this. I watched as Kyle was brought out to his stand and Robbins waited at the opposite stand. The judge wasted no time at all, she looked at Kyle and spoke, "Mr. Olive, the jury found you guilty for your actions so I will get on with your sentencing."

          She paused for a moment as she picked up a piece of paper and said "Mr. Olive you are charged with the murder of Faith Hanks, Courtney Finder, Lillian Builder (Christina Perry's babysitter), Brett Ross, Kathy Olive (Kyle's stepmom), and Megan and Matt Hunter."

            I flinched at my parent's names and felt tears form in my eyes, but I had to be strong right now. Kyle wouldn't see me cry anymore. I would end up crying at the home when I was alone anyway. Not in public though, I needed to be strong for now.

           "You are also charged with the abduction of Jessica Powers, Courtney Finder, Brooklyn Williams, Anna Murphy, Faith Hanks, Madison Allen, Ethan Samson, Christina Perry and Kelly Hunter." She paused again before looking up at Kyle.

            "So, therefore, I'm sentencing you life in prison, with no parole and the death penalty." The judge announced as the courtroom filled with excitement.

             There was no one in the court that supported Kyle or that would be upset by this sentencing. She hit her mallet down on the stand and announced that the trial was over and Kyle would be sent back to the Denver maximum security prison. The guards grabbed Kyle by both arms and stood him up. He turned and looked directly back at me, our eyes meeting. I wouldn't be the first one to look away, he needed to know I wasn't scared of him anymore. He smirked at me before mouthing the words, "See you soon." My face turned pale and I felt the need to pass out. He was just sentenced to life in prison but believed that he would see me again. Why wasn't he angry about his sentencing, if anything he was happy about it?

             I shouldn't worry though he was going to a maximum security prison where the likelihood of escaping was rare. The guards escorted Kyle out of the courtroom and I allowed myself to breath normal again. It was finally over with. I sighed with relief knowing I wouldn't see Kyle again because he would be rotting in prison forever. The next time I'd see him would be right before they put a needle into his arm and released the poison that would end his life. 

This chapter is edited, let me know if you see any mistakes! :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

829K 60.1K 44
(DARK ROMANCE THRILLER) Millicent Davis hates her life with her uncle and jumps at the chance to work for the famously rich and influential family Mo...
16.3K 585 30
Dia finds out that a "Guardian Angel" has chosen her. Finding out who he is, is harder than she thinks, as the stalker himself is closer than she thi...
19.6M 430K 52
IN DEVELOPMENT SONY TELEVISION PICTURES & KOMIXX ENTERTAINMENT (The Kissing Booth) 2014 Watty Award Winner, Selected by @PPZmovie for the Best...
251K 3.9K 33
"Kidnap... Nobody thinks they will ever get kidnapped. No one ever prepares you for those types of things. I never thought I would be kidnapped until...