Stubborn Love (Smosh Fanfic)

By rac06h10ael

==COMPLETED== All of Genny's life, she had no idea that at the age of twenty-three she'd have a child to take... More

+ [Chapter 1] The Only Problem
+ [Chapter 2] Just Tell Him Already
+ [Chapter 3] Run In with Kalel
+ [Chapter 4] Lunchtime with Smosh
+ [Chapter 5] Never Would've Shown Up
+ [Chapter 6] Is He Mine?
+ [Chapter 7] Play House
+ [Chapter 8] Lessons Learned
+ [NEW Chapter 9] I Did It
[Chapter 10] At The Park
[Chapter 11] The Date
[Chapter 12] Nothing At All
[Chapter 13] All Alone
[Chapter 14] Going Back
[Chapter 15] Aunt Bailey's Funeral
[Chapter 16] No Where or Any Time
[Chapter 17] It's A Mystery
[Chapter 18] Lucky Them
[Chapter 19] Ultimatum
[Chapter 20] Bad Things to a Nice Girl (Short Chapter)
[Chapter 21] Four Words
[Chapter 22] Three Important People
[Chapter 23] Lunchtime with Smosh; Part Two
[Chapter 24] Weddings are Stressful
[Chapter 25] Let's Go GDO
[Chapter 26] Can't Win This Time
[Chapter 27] Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
[Chapter 28] The Big Day
[Chapter 29] Back to Old Habits
[Chapter 30] Give Her Some Space
[Chapter 31] Timeless
[Chapter 32] The Arrangement
[Chapter 33] Ash's First Birthday
[Chapter 34] What Happened After Ash's Birthday
[Chapter 36] Second Time For Everything
[Chapter 37] Looking Back
AUTHOR'S NOTE REGARDING EDITING

[Chapter 35] You're Invited

276 5 1
By rac06h10ael

-Genny's POV-

This afternoon, I had a meeting with a preschool teacher about putting Ash in school soon. We walked into the classroom after being called in and he went crazy when he saw all of the toys they had; the teacher said she loved his enthusiasm. The teacher had straight auburn colored hair and wore clothes similar to the ones Lois Griffin wears on Family Guy. Hell, she even looked like her.

The meeting was going smoothly, answering that he knew how to write his name and was potty trained. The problem came when she went on to asking about the environment Ash lived in.

"So, where do you live? A house? Town house? Apartment? Abandoned building...?" The woman asked, looking up from her clipboard. She had her pen in hand and has been writing things down constantly.

"Uh...apartment." I answered somewhat confidently.

"How many bedrooms? And is he in his own bed that isn't a crib?"

"Two bedrooms. He sleeps in his own bed."

Scribble scribble scribble. Each time I heard that sound of the pen meeting the paper, I got more and more nervous. "How old are you again?"

"Twenty-five."

Another note. I sighed. "And is there a father figure in the picture?" She nodded towards my left hand. "I don't see a ring."

"Uh, the father is not normally in the picture."

"And what happened between you two?"

My eyes widened. "In all due respect Mrs..." I looked at her name tag that was on a lanyard around her neck, "Mrs. Griffin, but I don't feel comfortable sharing that information with you."

She looked at me skeptically and wrote something down.

"Excuse me," I interrupted her train of though, "May I ask what you keep writing down?"

"Oh, nothing." She nasally chuckled. I shifted awkwardly in my chair and waited for the next question.

But instead of more interrogation, she stood up and stated, "Okay, well, that about raps it up. All we need to do now is sign him up!" She exclaimed.

"So he's in?" I sat up in the small chair slightly.

She nodded her head and smiled, "He seems like a wonderful boy. I'm sure he'd make a great addition to our classroom this September."

"Thank you!" I walked around the round table and gave her a hug. I awkwardly stepped back and smiled. "This means so much to me." I glanced over at Ash. "I can't believe my little boy is going to school. He's growing up so fast."

She patted my shoulder, "They all do..."

I glanced over my shoulder at her and she giggled. I felt weird being around her...she was just so...weird. I picked Ash up from the toys he was playing with and went outside. He was kicking and screaming, but when I buckled him in his seat and closed the door, he calmed down.

As I drove home, Ash kept pointing out all of these things on our small trip. Don't get me wrong, it was totally adorable, but it was difficult to concentrate on the road because he'd always yell, "Mommy!" before pointing something out. So I was constantly looking back at him, and not the road.

We were walking through the lobby when Yolanda called me over. I grabbed Ash's hand and walked over to her desk. "Hey, what's up?" I asked.

She handed me a small stack of envelopes. I took them and began to flip through them. "Here's your mail." She said. "Most of it's bills and shit, but there's something in there I think you should see." She winked at me and the phone rang. She rolled her eyes and picked it up. "Hello? Sacramento Apartment Complex, how can I help you?"

I walked away toward the elevator. Ash was running around somewhere, but when the ding sounded and the doors slid open, he rushed right past me and started pressing buttons.

As I got in the elevator and prepared for the long trip we were going to have (Ash pressed all the buttons he could reach), I pulled out an envelope that looked different from the rest. It was mailed to me, and the sender was...Kalel Cullen. I stared at the envelope in disbelief. I blinked to make sure I wasn't going crazy, but of course, the return address was printed and ink and wasn't going to change.

We finally got to the fifth floor (which was where our new home was) and Ash ran towards our apartment. I caught up to him and unlocked the door. He burst into the house and immediately went over to his toys. I laid my bags down and sat at the counter. I was unsure if I wanted to open this letter or not.

I decided to go for it. I slipped my finger underneath the lip and ran my finger along it until the envelope opened. I pulled out the small piece of folded card stock and opened it up.

"You, Genevieve Foster, are invited to the marriage of Anthony Padilla and Kalel Cullen. The wedding will be on June 12. Please RSVP only if you are not coming. Thanks! See you there! P.S. Children are not allowed."

I threw the paper down on the counter and put my head in my hands. I was upset and starting to sob - but I shouldn't be, I'm the one told him to do that, Right? So why am I upset and crying my eyes out?

My cell phone began to rang. I looked up slightly and saw that it was Tiffany. I picked up my phone, wiped my eyes dry, and answered the call. "Yes?"

"O.M.G. Did you just get the same thing I got in the mail?"

"If you're talking about Anthony and Kalel's wedding invitation, then yes." I replied dismally.

"I can't believe it!" She shouted through the speaker. "How could he marry her? Even after what she did! And what you've guys been through!"

"Because they're truly in love, Tiff. That's why."

"No, he's in love with you. I know it."

"I'm not going."

"Yes you are. Because once he sees your face, at his wedding, he's going to think about all of the things he's going to give up by marrying her."

"And what things are those?" I questioned. "That he doesn't have to take care of a wild and rambunctious toddler? That he doesn't have to come home to a small-ass apartment every night?" I retorted angrily.

There was a pause before she answered, "He'd be giving up the chance to be with the person he truly loves. And that's you, Genny."

I scoffed in disbelief. "Yeah right, Tiff. I pushed him away. He told me he was done trying to make things work between us."

"Three times the charm. That's what the old saying is, right? You've already 'broken up' twice, so why not get back together again?"

"Because..."

"No. You're going to that wedding, Genny." She ordered. "And I'm coming with you."

"But it says no children allowed, what am I going to do with Ash?" I looked over at him and saw he was watching me cautiously.

"You bring him. He's his son. He can't not allow his own son into the wedding."

I sighed, "Whatever, Tiff. If you go, I guess I'll go too."

"Great!" She exclaimed. "When can we go dress shopping?"

I hung up the phone and saw that Ash was now standing at the foot of my chair. "What do you want, Ash?" I asked politely.

"Who was that?" He inquired.

"That was Aunt Tiffany." I replied, stepping off of the chair and bending down so I was eye level with him. Just as I bent down, the invitation flew off of the counter and right in front of Ash. He picked it up and tried to read it.

I snatched it back playfully, "That's not something for you, mister."

"Why is Daddy wedding-ing another lady?" He asked all cute and stuff.

I sighed, "Daddy loves the other lady. Very much. And he's wedding-ing her because he loves her."

"But Daddy loves you." His little, innocent, brown eyes began to water. "Right?"

I wiped under his eyes and sighed. "Daddy's happy with another lady, Ash." I stood up. "And we're going to support Daddy in all he does. Okay?" He nodded his head. "Now let's get you a snack." I swooped him up and walked around the counter and opened the cupboards. "Now, what do you want to eat?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620 41 7
"I don't love you!" "Oh Ian, you know you love me. You always love me." TW: very toxic abusive manipulative relationship;)
47.2K 1.2K 26
{CHAPTER FIC, COMPLETED, FLUFF/SADNESS/SLIGHT ANGST/POSSIBLE TRIGGER} It all starts with one phone call. Next comes a hospital visit. Then worrying...
16.7K 203 22
Anthony Padilla fangirls, you all are so going to scream the whole world down with delight as you read my fanfiction! As seen from the title, this st...
12.8K 540 17
==COMPLETED== After the world ended in 2015, few still survive. And among those people are Ian and Anthony, from the comedy duo Smosh. But they aren'...