Kidnapped (Book 1)

By kthaler

It started with nothing more than a news story, but for Kelly Hunter, this story will become a reality. No on... More

Prologue
The Man
Kelly Hunter
Training
The Follower
The First Kill
Faith Hanks
Ready For A Second Try
A Somewhat Normal Day
Kidnap
Hide and Seek
Gone
Where Am I
The Second Kill
Living Nightmare
Courtney Finder
The Demand
Homesick
Marcus Linnet
The Threats
Reunited
The Gathering
The Mistake
Finding a Kidnapper
The Escape
Tracking
The Sickness
The Kill
Long Gone
Detective Robbins
The Flight
Flashback
The First Time Meeting
The Boat Ride
The Island
Revealed
Tricked
The Search
Shocked
Rescue Mission
Interview
Isolation
Craving Normal
The Trial
The Funeral
Letters
Epilogue

The Plan

7.3K 220 17
By kthaler

               Being in the shower seemed to take away everything that has happened to me. It was as if I was washing my feelings away and I was in a whole new world. I cranked the temperature as high as it could go without burning me. I stood there and watched the water below me turn a brown color from dirt that covered my pale body. My skin turned red in color from the hot water but honestly, it didn't hurt me. Nothing seemed to hurt me at this point in my life. I scrubbed my body and hair with soap until the water remained clear below me. I had to be in the shower for at least an hour. I nearly went through most of the conditioner trying to get the tangles out of my hair. The bottom of the floor was covered in sand which made me shiver in disgust. I used to love the beach but right now I hated it.

             I stepped out of the shower, letting the cool air touch my skin. The fluffy towel comforted my body as I dried myself off. At some point, Kyle had gotten me an extra set of clothes which he had given me before my shower. I wanted to burn my old, sandy clothes. I slipped on the pair of black running shorts and a plain grey t-shirt. There was a pair of black underwear and a sports bra left for me which made me sick to my stomach that he picked this out for me and that it was the correct size. How did he know that? I had no idea.

              I had dried my hair with the hairdryer and decided to leave it down. My hair was way blonder than it had been before. There was no longer dirt or grim in it anymore. It was actually straight with no tangles in it. For once I felt pretty again since I had been taken. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing with Kyle, but it made me feel slightly better.

            It was about seven o'clock now and for dinner, we had spaghetti, which my first meal besides peanut butter and jelly. Kyle and I ate in our bedroom and Marcus and Brooke in their room. If I had to guess, the guys didn't want Brooke and me together as much. It was smart because two minds thinking together is better than one. I had butterflies in my stomach as bedtime came because I had a plan to escape.

           I had noticed that Kyle always had the boat keys in his back right pocket of his jeans. I just had to sneak the keys out from his pockets and when he is sleeping, go outside to the boat and get help for Brooke. I obviously couldn't risk getting to escape with me because Marcus would wake up. I had to do this alone and get help before anyone woke up in the morning. Getting the keys though was another story and I really didn't want to have to kiss him again but that was the only way to distract him enough to get the keys from him.

              "You know that I should have let you shower more often because you look absolutely beautiful, Kelly." Kyle said as he played with a strip of my hair as we both laid on the bed together, he hadn't taken his jeans off to go to sleep yet so this was perfect.

            "Thanks." I whispered.

               I glanced up at him, giving me one of my fake smiles. I was getting good at fake smiling, it was kind of scary. Slowly, I leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. I remained close to him, waiting for him to kiss me back. It would be impossible for him to resist me being inches away from him. A grin appeared on his face as he leaned into me and placed his lips softly against mine. Eagerness took over him as he deepened our kiss, flipping me onto my back as he hovered over me, his lips never leaving mine. I snuck my arms under his and slowly slid his shirt off of his muscular body. 

                He lowered himself onto me, my shirt being the only barrier between the two of us. He rested his elbows next to my head, making sure not to let his entire weight lay on me. As the kiss deepened, he tried to sneak his tongue in but I didn't let that happen. I wasn't giving him that much. He ran his fingers through my hair and pulled away from me just to get a good look at me as he hovered over me.

            "Do you really love me, or are you just messing with me?" He asked, his eyes roaming my body but then returning back to my eyes, looking for my response.

           "I really do." I replied without hesitation, I didn't even skip a beat. There was no thought in the answer, which made it more believable.

              "Then actually say it." He said smiling, licking his lip as he stared at me with such intensity.

             "I love you." I said but it felt like I was swallowing acid as the words came out of my mouth.

              Without a second to spare, he leaned down, pressing his lips firmly against mine. I responded quickly, despite feeling nothing but hatred towards the man I was making out with. His burning, hot skin laid on top of my body, causing sweat to run down my forehead. My heart started to race even more when I felt his body's natural response to this stimulation against my body. It made me sick to my stomach knowing how excited he was about this. I realized that it was now or never to try and get the key. He was clearly distracted so it was the perfect time. I knew in order for this to work, I really needed to distract him. I decided to open my mouth a little more and as soon as I did it, his tongue flew into my mouth, swirling inside.

            I slowly made my hands run down his back as our makeup session continued. He didn't even notice when my hand snuck into his back pocket and grabbed the keys out. Silently, I slid the keys under my right thigh, hoping he wouldn't feel or see them. He gave me three slow kisses before he said, "We should get some rest. I don't know about you but I'm beat."

             He grinned when he saw how out of breath I was from the whole situation. I was sweating like crazy, part from us kissing but the other part from getting the keys and hiding them from Kyle. Before he got off of me, I leaned up and kissed him one last time just to add to my act. He smiled and said, "See isn't this much better than how you were living before?"

              I nodded and he got off of me. Since his shirt was already off he didn't have to remove it. He stood up and my heart skipped a beat as he removed his jeans. I prayed that he didn't notice that the keys were missing. Lucky for me, he had no idea and climbed into bed next to me after he turned off the lights. I turned to lay on my side, facing away from Kyle who remained on his back. I quietly slid the keys up to my hands without making a sound. It was ten o'clock when we laid down to sleep so I would need to wait until midnight or so to leave. Two hours went by so slow and I hated it. I had to keep my heart from racing but I was filled with anxiety. This had to work and if not, I'd be screwed.

             Midnight came and I looked over to make sure Kyle was asleep. I slid out of bed, holding the keys tightly in my hand. I looked over to make sure he wasn't awake. If he did wake up, I'd tell him that I was going to the bathroom. I tiptoed to the door and silently slid out the door. I closed the door quietly, praying he wouldn't hear me. I was halfway there.

              The house was pitch dark, which sucked because I didn't want to trip on or run into anything. I was faintly familiar with the house so I knew where to go and prayed I wouldn't make any noise getting there. I hesitated at the door because a part of me expected to be shocked when I went to open the door since Kyle was known for installing these crazy contraptions. Without thinking, I quickly grabbed the handle and turned it. There was no shock. A small smirk appeared on my face, I was so close. I finally made it outside and was refreshed with a breeze of warm air. I was almost there, almost to freedom. The metallic keys were slick in my sweating hand, all I had to do was get to the boat.

            "You were doing so well Kelly." A voice echoed the beach and I jumped in fear.

              I whirled around to see Kyle standing before me. My heart sank when I saw him standing there with his arms crossed. He was wearing jeans with his gun attached to it but he remained shirtless. I hadn't heard the door open, but I guess he was just as stealthy as me. We were about twelve feet away from each other but that was too close for me. The keys jingled in my hand and I thought that I might drop them.

             "I knew you were acting the whole time. I just wondering when you would break." He replied as he took a step closer to me.

           I stepped backwards into the chilling salt water. The stars above were my only source of light because the rest of the house was dark. My heart was racing a mile a minute as I stared at him. It nearly felt like I was about to have a heart attack right now. How did he know I was gone? I made sure to be extra quiet.

           "Don't get me wrong though, I loved what happened between us. At least it was enjoyable for one of us and you did it willingly." He said grinning.

            I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I saw the boat; it was about a couple yards away. I would be caught if I made a run for it though and he had a gun. I wonder if he would actually use it on me. He wouldn't really kill me, right? My eyes kept switching from the boat and then back to Kyle.

            "I have to give you credit though, I didn't feel you take my keys at first, but once I knew they were gone, I was just waiting to see what failure of a plan you had. I do commend you for trying." He smirked.

            I can't believe that I kissed this monster and now it was for nothing. He knows that I'll do anything to escape and that I hate his guts. How long did he know I was tricking him? A sudden urge to vomit overcame me but I ignored it. My knees were weak and I tried to keep myself from shaking. He was trying to distract me from making a run for it but that wouldn't work, I had to try.

          "How about you give me the keys now and we can just forget that this happened." He suggested as he took another step closer to me.

          "No, I can't." I replied, taking another step away from him and towards the boat.

             "Why's that?" He asked, clearly trying to distract me from my goal of escaping.

           "Just stop!" I begged as I rested my hands on my temples.

            I was sick of talking to him, to hearing his voice, to seeing him. I don't think he realizes how much I hate him and can't stand being near him. I desperately needed to get away from him. My head was pounding and my heart was practically beating out of my chest. I took another step towards the boat, but also into the ocean.

            "Stop what?" He asked giving me a concerning, innocent look like he didn't know what he was doing. I will admit that Kyle is a smart man and knows exactly what he is doing.

          "Talking! I'm sick of your questions and your voice. Just stop talking to me! Just let me go." I shouted.

           I was so frustrated and couldn't think straight anymore. I knew that there was no way I was getting to the boat without knocking him out. What else could I do? Even if I got to the boat, Kyle would be quickly behind me to prevent me from even turning on the engine.

          He took another step closer and I yelled, "Stop getting closer!"

           "Or what? You'll fight me? Remember who has won all of these times before." He said, proving that he was better than me.

           "God, I hate you so much." I snapped.

           "You know hate is a very strong word." He said, grinning.

         "Yeah, that's why I said it!" I snarled, mentally killing him with my eyes.

           He took another step forward and I knew that he was getting ready to fight. There was no way that I could escape unless I knocked him out. I tossed the keys away from the ocean, knowing if I managed to knock him out that I would retrieve them later. I swung a punch at his chest but he caught my wrist and forced it downward.

              I tried to fight back but my wrist was throbbing and it would break if I didn't go down. I let out a yelp in pain as I was forced to my back. My back was now covered with warm water and wet sand. Great, the sand again was all over me again. He straddled me, pushing all his weight on me, water splashing up against him as well. I struggled against him but couldn't move that much. The sand and water didn't help my struggle either.

        "Déjà vu, right?" He asked smiling.

             I knew what he was talking about. He was talking about our last training session before he kidnapped me. We had done the exact same thing that just happened. Why was he the one to teach me everything I knew? His body was crushing mine, preventing me from moving.

          "Get off of me." I yelled as I continued to struggle but it was pointless.

          "You started all of this." He said smiling again, knowing he had power over me.

             I tried to remember what I did during the session. I used my hips. If he was smart, he would know what was going to happen next, unless he forgot like me. I knocked him off of me using my hips and he fell into the water. We were both dripping wet now. I quickly got to my feet, as did he. He didn't seem too surprised by my move so he must have guessed I would do that after all. I swung another punch and actually manage to come in contact with his face. He threw a quick punch that had hit me some but only made me stumble back a few. Getting my footing together was a lot harder in the sand than on solid land.

           We took turns giving punched but both of us kept blocking them. I went for a kick to the shin but he jumped back and I missed. My hair was still down so he took the opportunity to grab onto it and yank me to the ground. A scream escaped my throat as my headache got a thousand times worse. A single tear ran down my face from the pain. Kyle was quickly on top of me again. I wouldn't give up until I was dead. Saltwater brushed against my face and body, weakening me even more. I knew I couldn't give up, not yet. I was so close to freedom. All I needed to do was win a fight against him for once.

          "What's wrong? Are you in pain?" He asked as he smirked down at me.

              I tried to throw him off of me again with my hips but he didn't budge. I managed to get my knee up and hit him in the back as hard as I could. He fell off of me and I kicked him in the stomach when I got to my feet. I went for another kick to weaken him but he grabbed ahold of my ankle, pulling me to the ground. I hit the ground with a thud, sending a wave of pain through my body.

            I kicked his hand away from my ankle and we both got up to our feet at the same time. Then I made the biggest mistake that I could have made during the fight. The porch light turned on and I looked over at the door to see Marcus standing in the doorway. Being distracted, Kyle took the opportunity to punch me in the face so hard that I fell to the ground.

             My face was probably bright red because it was burning and throbbing. I cuffed my cheek in pain as I let some tears fall from my eyes. I couldn't help but cry from the impact. As much as I wanted to pretend it didn't hurt, I couldn't hide this. I looked up at Kyle in fear, knowing I had just lost the fight. My fighting spirit still wouldn't give up though. I tried to get to my feet but when I did, he sent another punch my way that kept me permanently down in the sand. I laid on my side in the fetal position as tears poured from my eyes. I could no longer control myself. The defeat by Kyle and the horrific pain I was feeling overcame me. I'd be surprised if my jaw wasn't broken at this point. Kyle flipped me onto my back as he climbed on top of me, pinning me down.

             "How about you come help me instead of just standing there." Kyle yelled at Marcus.

              I watched as Marcus slowly walked over. I started to struggle more as he got closer to us. My tears were gone as panic sunk in. I knew there was no escaping but there was no stopping me from trying. Kyle's face was red from the hit I got on him but also from how pissed off he was at me. He was just mad that I had got a few hits and kicks on him. It was in the middle of the night and we were both exhausted at this point.

            "Actually, go get the chloroform. I'm done with this tonight." Kyle said bitterly.

            Marcus turned around and went back into the house. This sent me into panic mode because he was going to knock me out. I hated what chloroform did to me and how it made me felt. I also didn't like not know what happened to me while I was unconscious.

              "You might as well stop, there is nothing you can do." He said trying to calm himself down.

            "Kyle, please don't." I begged. 
 "You did this to yourself Kel, you just remember that." He replied.

                I saw Marcus walk out with a rag in his hand. He looked annoyed that he was up this late at night but I'm sure he wasn't as mad as Kyle. I struggled one last time, desperately praying I could escape this monster. Sadly, it didn't work. This was going to happen no matter what.

               "Nighty night, Kel." Kyle said as Marcus handed him the rag. 

             Kyle held it to my face but I wiggled, making it harder for me to breath in the horrible liquid. I felt Marcus hold my head still and Kyle pressing the rag to my face. Everything around me became dark when I gasped for air that I didn't have and the last thing I saw was the men's faces disappeared before me. 

This chapter is now edited, please let me know if you see any mistakes :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 9.2K 42
[Wattpad Featured Story] In the pleasant Town of Bedford, an old woman created herself a secret, a twisted and depraved way to get what she wanted. ...
834K 60.3K 44
(DARK ROMANCE THRILLER) Millicent Davis hates her life with her uncle and jumps at the chance to work for the famously rich and influential family Mo...
1.5K 230 51
"𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒂...𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒂" π’‰π’Šπ’” π’π’Šπ’‘π’” π’Žπ’π’—π’†π’… π’”π’†π’†π’Žπ’π’†π’”π’”π’π’š 𝒃𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 π’Žπ’Šπ’π’†, π’‰π’Šπ’” 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 π’„π’–π’“π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’‘π’π’”π’”π’†π’”π’”π’Šπ’—π’†οΏ½...
224 6 11
The city of Oakville continues with its peaceful living for as far as time could rear its head by.The historians find no trace of murders in the hist...