Phan One Shots

By awipforhim

Anything and everything Phan [the first few are so bad. I swear they get better] More

The Start Of Something
Today is The Day
I Love You
Stickers
The Creek
How's Dan?
Pretty Things
An Easier Way To Say Goodbye
Snowy Days
Mine
Group Chat
Pretty Pastel Boy

Firsts to Lasts

78 5 2
By awipforhim

Its currently 12:48 a.m. And I'm just now writing this.... My original plan was to start it after school. Fml. At least this is fluffy. (Ish) Edit: HAHAHAHAHA I FINISHED THIS LIKE 3 DAYS LATER

Also some dates are made up, and some are hopefully correct. (my memory can fail me at times)

October 20th, 2009.
'First kiss'
Dan had only been there for a day, and Phil already didn't want him to ever leave his side again. The boy was just addicting. One second he was shy, and the next he'd be making a sexual comment.

Phil loved it.

It was no surprise when the day after Dan had arrived at Phil's northern home, that they shared their first kiss. It wasn't romantic in any way, in fact as the boys grew older, they didn't even really count it as a first kiss.

-

He was staring again, but Dan didn't mind. They were originally supposed to be planning Phil's new video called Phil is not on Fire, scrounging around for unique questions, but Dan noticed that Phil was getting distracted.

"Take a picture Philly, it'll last longer." Dan smirked, silently giggling at his friend's reddened face.

"Shut up." Phil mumbled, getting back to looking for questions.

A semi-awkward silence fell over them. It wasn't comforting like most of their silences, but it wasn't tense either. Suddenly, Phil cleared his throat, causing the teen to jump and squeal.

"Dan...?" He trailed off, looking down at his hands which laid flatly against his lap. Dan looked up, watching Phil nervously play with the hem of his t-shirt.

"I, um... Nothing!" Dan frowned, slightly concerned with his friend's behavior. Had what he said upset Phil? Did he cross an unspoken line?

"Did I do anything, Philly?" He nervously asked, his bold actions from earlier suddenly gone.

Phil looked up, quickly moving over to Dan's side, engulfing him into a warm hug. "Shhhh, of course not. I just didn't want to tell you something at the last second. Please forgive me?" He pouted, slightly pulling away to look Dan in the eye.

Dan could never say no to Phil, so he softly nodded, noticing how close his face was to the older boy's. He could feel the ghost of Phil's breath on his lips. Slowly, leaning in, Dan shyly closed the gap.

-

It had only been a day, and Phil already knew he was falling hard for the young boy.

____________________________

August 10th, 2011.
'Moving in'

Moving into the Manchester flat wasn't that big of a deal for Phil, but for Dan, he was a mess. He had never lived with someone else, not including his dorm room buddies at college.

Of course, Phil was there for Dan every step of the way.

-

"Phil I'm not sure I can do this. I mean... Moving in with you!? We've only been dating for two years. Don't you think it's a bit too early?" Phil sighed, he knew this was coming. Quickly setting down the heavy box, Phil looked at Dan.

"Dan, I know this will be the best decision we'll ever make. The viewers love seeing us collab, plus I need someone to room with, and you live in an over crowded dorm room." Dan didn't seem very convinced, but he rolled his eyes and started to unpack a few of their boxes.

A little while later, when everything was unpacked and put into place as best as they could, Dan and Phil were cuddled on the couch.

"Hey Philly?" The brunette whispered, running his hands through Phil's artificial black locks. "Yes bear?" He responded, his voice slightly muffled as he buried his head into Dan's shoulder.

"You're right, maybe this was a good idea..."

-

And it was.

_____________________________

March 5th, 2012.
'First fight and first 'I love you"'

Dan and Phil's first fight led to their first "I love you." It wasn't romantic, and it wasn't pretty. It was filled with emotion and tears. And they wouldn't have had it any other way.

-

"Listen to me! Just for one flying second!" Dan shouted, pacing around their flat. Phil just calmly sat on the couch, absorbing everything Dan was saying. He wished Phil would just scream at him.

"I am, Daniel. I have, I am, and I always will." His voice was firm and scarily calm. Dan knew he had messed up, but he refused to back down.

"No you don't! God damn it Philip you don't! You- you-" Dan struggled to form any words, he pulled at his hair. He wanted it to end, he hated this.

"I what? Please, Daniel, tell me when I don't listen." The older boy hissed, swiftly getting up from the couch and walked closer and closer to Dan.

"When-" Dan paused, he couldn't name a time where Phil hadn't listened. Feeling a sob rise in his throat, Dan shook his head and plopped down onto the couch. Now Phil was the one doing the yelling.

"Exactly! I have done nothing but care for you! Made sure you were safe! So don't you fucking dare say I've never listened!" Dan flinched when he heard the f-bomb. He had really messed up.

Not trusting himself to speak, Dan just nodded and bowed his head down in shame, making his way into his room.

Noticing the tears struggling not to fall, Phil tugged at his hair, huffing and then following his boyfriend into his room.

"Dan..." Phil called out softly, reaching out to touch Dan's hand. The boy just pulled away, walking into his room and closing the door in Phil's face.

*

Phil waited outside of the door for hours, listening to Dan's painful sobs. Eventually, at around 3 am, the sobs faded and Phil started to cry himself. This was their first official fight, and he had a feeling this wouldn't be their last one this year.

Wiping away his tears and holding back a sob, Phil got up from his corner and slowly turned Dan's doorknob. Peeking inside, he saw a sight that truly broke his heart.

Dan was laying on top of his duvet, his face stained with tears, cuddling his totoro plushie Phil had gotten him for his birthday.

Letting a few tears escape his eyes, Phil carefully sat next to Dan, pulling him into his chest and cuddling him. "I'm sorry bear... I hope you know how much I love you. I love you so much, Dan. You're the reason I'm here today, and you make me so incredibly happy. I regret all of the words I've said tonight, but not these. I. Love. You." He let it out, everything he's been wanting to say for a year now.

Thinking that Dan was asleep, Phil started to drift off too, snuggling closer to Dan and getting comfy. Just as he was about to drift off, he heard a tearful and muffled "I love you too."

Phil smiled and pulled Dan even closer.

-

Even after all of the pain they went through that night, Dan and Phil wouldn't change it for the world. It just made it more real.

_____________________________

July 20th, 2012.
'First break'

Their first actual break was caused by a lot of tension. The past year was probably the worst for them. Their views were going up, the phandom was growing, and the intense shipping was getting worse.

After weeks of awkward interactions, tense conversations, and forced smiles, they finally snapped, like a rubber band that had been tugged too far.

-

Phil didn't know what to do. Dan hadn't talked to him all day, and the tension was rising. Never before had Phil actually been afraid to talk to Dan.

Never before had Phil even questioned why he was with the beautiful boy. But there's always a first time for everything.

Sighing, Phil got up from his position on the lounge couch, and made his way to Dan's room. The boy had been cooped up there all day, and only walked out for the bathroom and minimal food. Hesitating at the familiar door frame, Phil took a deep breath and turned the knob.

Dan wasn't asleep, which was a surprise to the older boy. He had expected to find Dan peacefully sleeping, his nose crinkled and his hair beginning to curl. It was honestly one of Phil's favorite sights.

"Phil?" Dan rasped, Phil let out a deep breath and looked right at Dan, making sure he was trained on his cinnamon eyes.

"Hey..." He had managed to get out, carefully taking a few more steps closer. Dan visibly flinched and scooted away from the bed's edge and began to speak.

"Um, since you're here, I've been meaning to talk to you about something...." Phil froze in his place, just a few feet from the black and white checkered bed sheets. He was afraid that he already knew what Dan had meant.

"What about?" Dan's shoulders slumped even more, and his face was tired, pure exhaustion written clear across his face.

"Us."

*

The following months were hell. Dan and Phil were so used to their daily little couple routines. Like when Phil would make coffee, he'd make sure to make two. Or when Phil would be making them breakfast, Dan would come behind him and wrap his arms securely around his waist.

Their boundaries were constantly crossed, and their limits were always being tested. But they managed to get through it. That night when Dan had said they needed to talk, he suggested that he move out too.

After Phil had cried and begged him to stay, he agreed to stay for a month to see how things would go.

It had now been three, and Dan was still there. He doubted he'd ever leave.

_

That break had lead to a lot of things, even when it hurt like hell, both Dan and Phil knew it had to happen. The relationship wasn't happy, and it wasn't healthy.

Even though the break lead to their bond loosening, it did lead to many amazing things. And in the end, the break didn't last. That was all that mattered.

_____________________________

December 12th, 2021.
'First to propose'

Technically both Dan and Phil proposed, but Phil did first. The scene was beautiful and well set up, and the weather was just right. Everything was perfect.

And then Phil... Well... He did a Phil.

-

Everything was set and ready to go. Chris and Pj had managed to rig the stereo up into the tree, out of sight. The fairy lights hung low from the willow tree, and the warm lights made the night sky even prettier.

Checking once again to make sure that everything was in place, Phil fixed his hair and waited for Dan to come strolling down the path, being led by a very giggly Zoe.

After a few more minuets, Phil could hear a feminine laugh coming from down the dark stone led path.

"Come on Dan! I swear you'll love this." Phil could almost perfectly picture Dan rolling his eyes at the girl's over excited nature, but he'd have a fond smile on his lips.

Realizing that they were getting closer, the boy quickly straightened out his suit, and fixed his hair. Now the panic was setting in.

"Zoe, I really have to get home, I have a surprise for Phi-"

Dan gasped. "Phil?!? You set this all up for me?" He exclaimed, looking around in aw. He could hear one of his favorite songs by Muse softly playing in the background. Dan admired the fairy lights, not even noticing Zoe slowly walking away.

"Yeah, I did. I kinda wanted to ask you something." Phil responded, nervously rubbing his hand across the back of his neck. Dan looked up from the fairy lights, and stepped closer to his boyfriend.

"And that would be..?" He whispered into Phil's ear, his hot breath causing the older boy's knees to shake.

"U-um..." Phil choked out, quickly stepping away from Dan and regaining his composure. Dan just laughed.

"Anyways, Dan I'm going to get serious here." His laughter dying down, Dan focus on Phil. "Daniel James Howell, I love you. I'm sure you already know this, it's pretty obvious, but I do. I really do. I love you so much that it almost hurts me.

"I love your smile, God, that smile you have. Your two adorable dimples will show, and your brown eyes sparkle even more." Phil was already tearing up, but he quickly controlled himself and continued, "and your laugh, it could cure diseases. I know you hate it, but that would be like hating kittens." Dan laughed at this, his eyes were filled with love, as Phil continued,"It's impossible."

"I love your personality, how you can capture anyone's attention in a heartbeat. You're so outgoing, even though you claim you're awkward. That is such a lie by the way!" This earned Phil a soft punch.

"And most of all, Daniel James Howell, I love you so much that I want to spend my entire life with you. Even though it feels we've already had. I want to make sure that you'll be mine forever. Mine and only mine. Because I don't want to lose someone I love dearly. I would hate to lose my best friend." Slowly getting down on one knee, Phil finished his long speech, "but I would love to marry my best friend. So, Danny, would you do me the absolute honor of-" he couldn't feel the ring. Panicking, Phil shot up from his kneeling position and frantically searched for the ring.

Dan, who was once in tears and about to burst with love, awkwardly shuffled around, watching Phil's panicked rush.

"Um Phil... What's wrong?" He asked, not putting two and two together.

"The ring! Oh my god how could I actually lose the ring?!?" Phil cried, running around the old willow tree and and desperately searching for the small silver ring.

"Phil, did you actually lose the ring that you were about to propose to me with?" Dan laughed, almost doubling over from laughing too hard.

He couldn't believe that Phil had somehow ruined his own proposal. But at the same time, Dan could believe that Phil had. It was such a Phil thing to do.

Regaining his composure and fixing his clothes, Dan felt a small box in his back pocket. He'd almost forgotten about his plans for later.

"Hey Phil!" Dan called out, struggling to get Phil's attention.

"What!? Dan I'm kinda busy at the moment. You know, searching for a really expensive ring that was meant for a really important person in my life!" Phil sarcastically called back, now even further away from the willow tree and comforting fairy lights.

"Oh come on Phil, just get over here for a second. I think I may have found it anyways!" This caught Phil's attention. He ran back to the tree, slightly out of breath, and looked at Dan.

"Philly, I need to ask you something." Confused, Phil nodded and motioned for Dan to go on.

Getting down onto one knee, Dan pulled out his hidden box, that he had only bought hours before, and asked those 4 words that Phil had planned to say earlier.

"Will you marry me?" Phil couldn't comprehend what had just happened, all he would do was nod.

"Brilliant!" Dan shouted, and he pulled his now fiancé into a hug, sneakily slipping Phil's ring onto his finger.

"You guys are a hot mess. But it's a cute hot mess!!"

"Zoe!"

-

So Phil's proposal didn't quite work out, but in the end, it didn't matter. He still got to marry his best friend.

_______________________________

Ok so this took way longer than expected, but hey, I like it soooo.

I may do like a sequel to this, with like "first 'I do'" and stuff like that, if I can even think of any.

Have a wonderful spring break my lovelies xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 111 37
Here are a few one shots I thought of if you have any prompts do tell!! And also if you can't tell I a) phan is my OTP and b) I love watching their v...
57.2K 1.9K 43
this is my old writing, it's very bad. please click away to another one shot book, thank you and have a great day! * started: september 1, 2016 comp...
39.8K 987 12
Just a collection of phan oneshots I write in my free time. I am open to suggestions/requests on what to write. No set update time but I will try to...
1.8K 8 28
Just a book of Phan one shots. I will try to leave out trigger warning ones but I might add in one or two. ~Enjoy!~