You Again

By writeon27

When Reece Macpherson was thirteen, she fell in love. Not with someone her own age but with her oldest broth... More

You Again
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 19

76.3K 2.1K 321
By writeon27

Chapter 19

“No mini bar?” Caroline asked, looking in the mini fridge inside our huge stretch limo. 

Emma, Pax, and I laughed. 

“No mini bar,” I confirmed.  “Just bottled water.”

She reached in, grabbed one, and took a drink of it.  She sighed as she put the top back on.  “I was hoping they were sneaking us some vodka,” she said.

We all started laughing again.

We had spent practically the entire day getting ready for the dance.  Since my mom knew how to basically do everything with hair and makeup, she did all of ours.  Hey, it saved having to go to a salon. 

I was surprised that she liked my dress as much as she did.  She knew exactly what to do with my hair and makeup also.  My hair was in a side bun with a few loose curls around my face and my eyes were done in gold shadow with thick lashes and I had red lipstick on. 

Everyone else looked amazing.  And when we got together to take pictures, I had to say we were probably going to be the best looking girls there.

About twenty minutes later, we pulled up in front of the hotel where the dance was being held.  Once we got out and walked inside, we could already hear the pounding music from the hotel ballroom where the dance was being held. 

Walking in through the double doors to the room, at first all I could see were the thousands of twinkling lights hanging from the ceiling.  There was a huge dance floor, where a lot of people were already at, in front of the DJ.  Round tables and chairs surrounding it with huge bouquets of flowers and crystals were in the center of each. 

Almost everyone turned to look at us when we walked in.  Maybe of the girls narrowed their eyes at us and almost all of the guys looked at us with lust in their eyes. 

Scanning the crowd, I saw Mitch, Zack, and their other friends sitting at one of the tables in the back corner.  They were passing something around, most likely a flask filled with something. 

When my eyes wandered over toward the table where all of the food and punch bowl was, there was Kane, standing behind it talking with one of the other teachers who was chaperoning. 

“I’ll be right back,” I said.  “I’m going to get something to drink.”

Caroline and Emma were still looking around but Pax was looking over at Kane.  She looked back at me with a sly smile on her face.  I just rolled my eyes and started toward him. 

No one was at the table except for Kane when I made it over there.  I picked up a cup, wondering when he’d notice me standing there, but he was scanning the room like he was watching for someone.

“So, you’re the one to watch out for people who want to spike the punch?” I asked, bringing the cup to my lips. 

“That’d be me,” he said, still scanning the room.  He didn’t even notice it was me. 

But when his eyes passed over me and snapped back quickly, his jaw dropped for just a moment before he composed himself. 

I started laughing.  “Good catch,” I said. 

“Reece…” he started, looking over me.  He couldn’t seem to find the words.

“So you think I look good?” I asked quietly so no one would hear. 

“You look absolutely beautiful,” he breathed, still staring at me.

I felt the blush spread across my cheeks.  “Thanks,” I said, and looked at him in his tux.  “So do you.  Handsome, I mean.  Not beautiful.  Well…”

He chuckled as he stared into my eyes.  I would give anything just to pull him toward me and give him a long kiss.  Too bad I couldn’t. 

“Well, I’ve got to get back to the girls,” I said.  “I’ll see you later maybe?”

He nodded, smiling slightly at me.

“Mr. J’s looking pretty sexy in that tux of his,” Caroline said when I got to the table they were sitting at.

“Sure,” I said, sitting down in the seat between Emma and Pax.

Right when I sat down, though, someone tapped me on my shoulder.  I looked up to see Mitch smiling down at me.

“I believe you owe me the first of a few dances,” he said, holding out his hand.

I sighed and smiled up at him, taking his hand.  “Okay,” I said, laughing slightly.  “I just get here and I’m already being asked to dance.”

“Oh, you know you’ll have fun,” he said. 

I looked back over at the girls as he dragged me to the dance floor.  Caroline and Emma were laughing but Pax wasn’t.  She was just looking at Mitch with her eyebrows raised. 

A slow song came on right as Mitch pulled me against him.  It was a little too close for my liking but I couldn’t say that. 

After I danced with Mitch, the next two dozen songs were danced with two dozen other guys.  It had been almost two hours since I’d been able to sit down or drink something.  Some guys came up to me with drinks but I knew better than to not take them.  Who knows what they would be willing to spike it with?

When I was finally able to escape from the dance floor, I went back over to our table where only Pax sat.

“Have you been sitting here the entire time?” I asked, standing in front of her.

She shook her head.  “Only for the last two songs.  I got asked to dance right after you did and haven’t been off the dance floor since,” she said. 

I looked around the room but I couldn’t see Kane anywhere.  “Do you know where Kane went?” I asked. 

She nodded.  “He just left.  His time for chaperoning was over and I think he was going to head home,” she said.

My face dropped.  “Oh,” I said.

“But,” she said, smiling up at me.  “He wanted me to tell you that he wants you to meet him out in the lobby.  He wanted to talk to you in private.”

I smiled.  “Okay,” I said.  “Now?”

She nodded again.  “Yeah,” she said, laughing.  “But if you go out there I highly doubt that you’re going to come back.”

I smiled, rolling my eyes.  “Okay, if I’m not back in ten minutes, just tell Caroline and Emma that I wasn’t feeling good and I got a cab to go home.”

She rolled her eyes but continued smiling.  “And I’ll probably be staying here tonight so I don’t have to walk in to the apartment and find you two…”

“Okay,” I said loudly.  “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

She started laughing again.  “Bye,” she said.

I was still smiling when I walked out of the ballroom and toward the lobby of the hotel.  But before I could even make it there, a hand grabbed mine and pulled me into a hallway off to the side that led to an emergency exit door.  When I was finally able to see who it was, I started smiling when I saw Kane.

“You like pulling me into secluded spots, don’t you?” I asked, laughing.

“Of course,” he said with a grin.  “Because then I get to do this.”

He wrapped one arm around my waist as he pulled me toward him and the other went up to cup my cheek in his palm. 

“I know I’ve already said this but you look absolutely beautiful,” he said.  His lips brushed against mine with every word.

“Again, so do you,” I said as my eyes drifted closed.  “Handsome, I mean.”

I could feel him chuckle against me as his lips brushed against mine.  My heart started pounding as he then deepened the kiss. 

“I didn’t like watching all of those guys dancing with you,” he said. 

“And you think I liked dancing with them?” I asked.

He smiled as he kissed me again.

“Can I come with you?” I asked a moment later. 

He leaned back to look at me with a confused look on his face.  “What do you mean?” he asked.

“You’re leaving,” I stated.  “Can I come home with you?”

He must have saw what I was thinking in my eyes because his widened.  “Reece, you don’t…we don’t…”

“Please, Kane,” I whispered.  “I just want to spend tonight with you.  We haven’t gotten to do that yet because we’re never able to be together alone.  But tonight we can be…and I want to.”

I could feel his heart beating against my chest now.  He closed his eyes for a moment.  “Are you sure?” he asked quietly.

“Yeah, I am,” I said back.  “I already told my parents before we left that I was going to stay with Caroline tonight.  They shouldn’t suspect a thing.”

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed.  “Okay,” he said a few moments later as he shrugged off his jacket to put around my shoulders.  “I’ll go get my car and I’ll pick you up outside.  Stay here for a few moments before you go out to the lobby.  That way no one will suspect.”

“Okay,” I said, smiling up at him. 

He just stood there for a moment, looking down at me.

“I love you so much,” he said.  “You know that right?”   

I nodded.  “I love you, too, Kane,” I said.  “Probably more than you know.”

He leaned down to kiss me once more before he went off toward the front doors of the hotel.  Just like he told me to, I didn’t go out right after him.

I heard a rustling behind me but I didn’t pay it any attention.  I knew that no one could be there. 

But then a hand covered my mouth.  My eyes widened as whoever had me started to drag me backward toward the doorway.  My heart was pounding with fear as I tried to scream but the person’s hand smothered it. 

I tried kicking.  I tried digging my nails into and arm of whoever had me.  But they wouldn’t budge.

I felt hot breath on my skin as the person kissed the side of my neck.

“You’re mine now,” a voice said in my ear, and then chuckled.

Oh, God.  I…

But that’s when needle pierced the skin of my neck and something was injected into my system.

My body instantly felt limp and my eyes closed. 

***MWU-HA-HA!!!1  >:D

Comment, Vote, Like!!!1*** 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8M 355K 58
Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally revolve around books. She's not shy nor do...
188K 13.3K 48
"Hey, I'm Kyler", he said forwarding his hand towards me. "I heard it when you introduced yourself", I replied. I hide my face by my hoodie a bit mor...
8.2M 321K 40
He's a Prince. She's a journalist. They have a complicated relationship. More like he's into her but she hates his guts. He needs to behave. She need...
3.7M 146K 40
When Lola wishes for love, she doesn't expect it to appear so suddenly - or to come in the form of her husband 10 years in the future. ...