nothing like us. | loucel sty...

By carsunderwater

❝ nerd [noun] ; a person who does not conform to society's beliefs that all people should follow trends and d... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1 - "Missed me?"
Chapter 2 - "Don't tell anyone this happened."
Chapter 3 - "That sounds like a bet..."
Chapter 4 - "What is he planning on doing?"
Chapter 5 - "Good Intentions."
Chapter 6 - "What's your secret?"
Chapter 8 - "Have you ever been kissed, Marcel?"
Chapter 9 - "You're perfect the way you are."
Chapter 10 - Plan A, Plan B.
Chapter 11 - What is love?
Chapter 12 - He felt like he lost everything.
Chapter 13 - "Can we talk?"
Chapter 14 - "This is our night."
Chapter 15 - Broken Pieces.
Chapter 16 - The Talk.
Chapter 17 - You could be my diary.

Chapter 7 - "Will you go out with me?"

13.9K 669 368
By carsunderwater

Marcel literally couldn’t concentrate on the film, but it wasn’t a surprise. He was laying in the arms of the boy he was in love with for years. Even though Louis didn’t really paid attention to the nerdy boy in his arms, Marcel didn’t mind, lying in Louis ’arms was enough for him, it was the best reason to smile life gave him so far.

Marcel’s skin prickled on the spots where Louis’ touched him, it was quite cliché but Marcel enjoyed this feeling, well, fact was he enjoyed just being with Louis, just a week ago Louis’ almost broke Marcel’s nose.

Funny how life can play, right?

~

“Are you sure that you don’t need a ride?” Louis asked, his blue eyes looking right into Marcel’ green eyes.

Both of the boys were standing in front of Louis’ house, Marcel was about to leave and despising Louis’ countless offer to drive Marcel with his car, Marcel was about to walk home.

Once again, Marcel shook his head and pushed his glasses up to avoid them falling onto the ground; his lips twitched into a smile as he looked at Louis. “I’m good, thanks anyway,” he reassured Louis who nodded, still looking unsure about letting Marcel walk home when the sun already set, but then again, Marcel was old enough to be able to walk home without being harmed as long as no one purposely attacked him.

“I’ll see you in school then,” Louis said, now returning Marcel’s smile. “I had fun today,” he then added and wrapped his tiny arms around the nerd’s torso, pulling him into a hug and Marcel’s breath hitched as he hugged Louis back, inhaling Louis’ scent which consisted of the faint smell of smoke and vanilla, a smell to die for, that’s what Marcel thought.

Marcel’s body felt cold and empty once Louis let go of the hug, but Marcel smiled it away. “Me too,” he finally answered before he turned around. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he walked down streets.

Louis waited until Marcel was out of sight before he closed the door and smiled. His plan was working.

Zayn would see, Louis wasn’t going to be his personal toy, luck wasn’t on Zayns side.

Not this time.

~

As Marcel walked into school the next day, he was happy because of three reasons, them being his previous day with Louis, the fact that he wasn’t bullied anymore since Louis started being nice and him knowing it was Friday, meaning he could sleep in tomorrow and he would have a movie night with his mother and Harry later than evening.

Marcel was in a genuine good mood, and he hoped no one made it his job to destroy it.

The nerdy boy walked up to his locker, typed in the combination before he pulled open the locker door and grabbed his math book, shoving it into his bag before he looked into the mirror, checking if his hair was slicked back properly, meaning no hair strands were poking out since Marcel really detested his curls before he shut the door, meeting Louis who was standing right behind the door.

Marcel slightly flinched at the unexpected sight but calmed down quickly, now looking at his crush, a smile forming on his lips.

“Hey Marcel,” Louis greeted him in his high pitched, yet manly voice that made Marcel’s heart beat faster for three years now, still counting.

“H-Hey,” Marcel stuttered, trying to hide his blush as he eyed Louis who was looking illegally good today; he wore red skinny jeans that fitted his curves like they were made for Louis, combined with a pair of black toms and a white V-neck shirt that showed off Louis’ perfect body, it was hard to not droll at this sight.

“Can I ask you something?” Louis said and Marcel nodded, causing his glasses to slightly slip; he pushed them up and looked at Louis who was smiling at Marcel.

“Would you go out with me? Like… a date?” Louis asked, silently praying Marcel would say yes and that he isn’t pushing things too fast, but Louis had no choice, the prom was in less than two weeks, he had to get things going to get away from Zayn constantly reminding him that the time was slipping away.

Marcel’s eyes widened and he stared at the blue eyed boy in front of him who was looking at Marcel, obviously waiting for an answer. Marcel couldn’t believe this and he felt like he was dreaming, again.

Marcel often had dreams about Louis, no dirty dreams, just, dreams. Dreams about Louis and Marcel being together, dreams about them going to the cinema, to the park, or dreams about Louis asking Harry out.

Not once in his life Marcel had ever thought he could have a chance to let everything turn into reality.

It was too good to be true, right?

“Marcel?” Louis hesitantly said, internally cursing himself. “I can understand it if you don’t want to go out with me, I’m sorry I asked” Louis spoke and was about to turn around, but Marcel quickly grabbed Louis by the shoulder, stopping him from walking away. There was no way on this earth that Marcel was going to let this chance slip. It was a once in a lifetime chance, if he didn’t say anything now, he would hate himself for the rest of his life, he knew that.

“Yes,” Marcel breathed out and smiled. “I’d love to,” he added a bit quieter, but still smiling and the punk styled boy smiled back.

But only one of the two guys genuinely smiled at that moment, but Marcel had no idea about that.

“Great, I’ll pick you up at eight, text me your address,” Louis said before he walked away, leaving Marcel standing in the middle of the hallways, his heart beating fast, his breathing being flat.

 ~

[Later the same day.]

Harry was standing outside of his school and was waiting for his best friend Nick to come out of the building who once again had detention, he probably already had a saved spot in the detention room that he decorated with pillows and a blanket seeing that he almost spent all his afternoon there.

Sometimes Harry had detention too, but not quite as often as Nick did, no one did, everybody was sure that Nick was holding the record about getting the most detention in school’s history and he surely was getting a trophy for it once they graduated. If not, Harry would build one for him.

Harry was sitting on the back of a bench and took a drag from the cigarette and blew out the smoke again as he looked over the school yard. It was almost empty since school ended an hour ago, only a few people were standing around, but the people that caught Harry’s eye were two people standing by a car not far away from Harry, just near enough so Harry was able to hear what they were talking about.

One of them had raven-black hair and wore ray bans on his face; he was dressed in black, from head to toe. The other boy was slightly smaller than him, but he was just as muscular; tattoos were littering on the boys arms and he was wearing a beanie on his face. Both of the guys were leaning against a car and held a cigarette in their hands, they fulfilled every cliché about a bad boy.

Harry was slightly confused since he knew they weren’t going to his school, but he shrugged it off seeing that many people picked their friends up, going to a different school didn’t mean you couldn’t hang out.

He saw one of them rolling his eyes and Harry couldn’t help but eavesdrop at what they were saying, he had nothing else to do and his phone died ten minutes ago, everyone needed entertainment.

“How’s it going?” the raven-haired boy said in a strong Bradford accent. “Let me remind you that you got two weeks left.”

The other boy rolled his eyes again and glared at his friend. “Funny that you constantly remind me Zayn, as if I could forget that,” he said to the boy who obviously was called Zayn.

“And I’m on track, I got him to go on a date with me,” he then said, smirking and Zayn widened his eyes.

“Louis, I’m proud of you,” he said and winked at him. Harry raised his eyebrows, wondering what they were talking about.

Who was him and why was time slipping away?

“I still hate you for doing this,” Louis growled. “Out of all people you could’ve chosen for the bet, you chose that nerd. I was afraid I’ll never get him to go to prom with me,” Louis added, sighing heavily.

Harry flicked his cigarette and slowly started to put the pieces together. Zayn and Louis probably had started a bet about fucking someone over and playing with their feelings, but Harry shrugged it off.

They weren’t fucking someone over whom he knew, so it wasn’t his business, it was nothing to care about, even though he was slightly mad since it wasn’t okay to play around with people’s feelings, but he didn’t knew Zayn and Louis, he couldn’t call them out on their shit, could he?

“Styles,” a voice said from behind him and he flinched before he turned around and met his best friend smiling at him.

“Let’s go, I’m starving,” Harry said and jumped off the bench, following Nick to his car, completely forgetting about what he just witnessed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 13.2K 30
Marcel Styles is moving to Doncaster. He is a nerd. But what if he's a nerd on purpose? What if life was so hard that he puts up this nerd front? Wha...
7.8K 328 23
Harry Styles, right? World famous phenomenon, everyone's dream. But what if he's sick of it? What if he just wants to be a normal, average teenager? ...
1.7M 36.2K 64
Marcel Styles is an intelligent, dorky, school smart, cute goodie two shoes. Louis Tomlinson is a rebellious, charismatic, street smart, hot captain...
2.2M 84.5K 32
Harry's perfect. He has the best girlfriend you can have, the looks, and the popularity. He's confident, except when it comes to one thing. Louis Tom...