Prison Chic #1st book of the...

By RedNos

#26 in Action on 7/3/2016 Joanna Blake is a reckless girl who wished to be normal all her twenty-one years bu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 10-2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Frienship... Forever?
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A dark, dark Past
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
I Guess I'm Stuck With You
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Unexpected
Death.. and Love
Chapter 25
Chapter 26- part 1
Chapter 26- part 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Loyalty is... hard to get
Over and over, your son.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Final Chapter 55 (Part 1)
Final Chapter 55 (Part 2)
Epilogue
Announcement!
BONUS Ending

Chapter 43

5.1K 125 22
By RedNos

A fast update. Hope you like it. ;)

Dedicated to AlyssaBrandon because her writing is so cool and her story, The Hard Mate, is sooooooo cool. I have to say: love your writing, in case it's not too obvious already. <3

“Hello.” Fernando said calmly, half a smile tugging at the side of his lips when he saw the shocked expression on the prison-guard’s face.

“You, Durant! What the hell are you doing here?” Kevin snapped, regaining his cool.

“I was hoping to speak with Joanna’s cousin. I believe he lives here with you at the moment.” Said Fernando coolly.

“I have no idea what are you talking about, man.” Kevin said and attempted to close the door in the mafia’s man’s face but Fernando stopped him easily as he pushed the door open and stepped inside.

“Hey!” Kevin bellowed and heard Sara come behind him.

“I’ll be quick. It’s about Joanna’s safety. I was hoping we could join forces and find here.” Fernando decided to say, hoping he convinced the thick skulled guard.

Kevin looked like he was thinking about it for a second when Sara nudged his side, gaining his attention and muttered, “I think we need to invite every chance to find her.”

Kevin sighed in defeat before he looked back at the tall man and gestured for him to follow. “Don’t try anything funny.” He threw at him over his shoulder and heard Fernando chuckle, not really understanding what amused him but decided to let it slide.

“Mark. You have a visitor.” Kevin announced once he reached the cozy living room. Mark stood up immediately once he saw Fernando, eying him warily.

“Who are you?” Mark asked.

“My name is Fernando Durant, I’m Aldobrandeno’s assistant and I am here to take you with me to look for Joanna in Carson, Nevada.” Fernando stated, saving everyone the pain of guessing what on earth was he here for.

“Carson?” Mark and Kevin said in unison. “What the hell is she doing in Carson?” Mark’s brows shot up as he asked in confusion.

“Hiding, most likely.” Fernando stated the obvious. “We are not certain, though. But that’s the only lead we have. She hasn’t call boss, Aldo, in quiet a long time and we are getting worried she has been taken by the Colombo’s.”

“Oh, fuck.” Mark grunted and sat back on the couch, “I know something was up.” He muttered to himself.

“as I said before, nothing is for sure yet, it’s all theories.” Fernando said again. “Boss has already flew there with a group of our men, I am to follow him this morning, and I want you to come with me.”

“Ofcoarse, I will..” Marks started, looking up at the man, “But what do you need me for?” he couldn’t stop himself from asking.

Fernando shrugged, “anything might be useful, and since you know her better, you might be of some help.”

Mark didn’t care that they were using him, he’d do anything to find Joanna.

“Alright. When’s the flight?” Mark asked and stood up as if he was ready to leave right then.

“It’s in two hours. Pack a few things and I’ll take you with me.” Fernando said ad walked to a small armchair, inspected it for a moment before he turned and sat on it, making himself comfortable.

He could feel the three pairs of eyes looking at him oddly, but he ignored them. “You have half an hour before we leave.” He said while looking at his watch.

“Ok.” Mark only said and walked out of the living room, leaving Kevin and Sara with Fernando.

“Hell, I’m coming too.” Kevin suddenly said.

“Yes, me too..” Sara started but Kevin stopped her,

“No.” he said firmly, receiving a glare from her. “You must stay here.” He said.

“Why?” Sara snapped.

“Because it’s dangerous.” Mark looked down at her small frame, “It’s too dangerous.”

Sara stared back at him before she blew an exasperated breath and left the room. Kevin couldn’t help but notice Fernando looking at him amusingly.

“Something funny?” Kevin snapped at him, receiving a very deep chuckle before Fernando spoke, “Nop. Nothing.” He smiled broadly at him and Kevin scowled down at him before he too left the room.

“And I thought the mafia had drama.” Fernando chuckled to himself.

Half an hour later, Mark, Kevin and Fernando were heading out of the apartment. Sara stood at the door and watched them as Mark and Fernando walked down the stairs. Kevin looked back and saw her there. He walked back and grabbed her into one of his bear hugs.

“You know I love you.” He said to her heir and inhaled softly.

“I know. I love you too.” she said and pulled away slowly, “Please be careful.” She looked at him with hopeful eyes.

“I will.” Kevin said and bent down to place a soft kiss on her lips, “I promise.”

And with that, the couple separated.

Sara watched as Kevin’s head disappeared as he walked down the stairs. She didn’t tell him, but she was dead set on following them.

She wasn’t some wife house who’d set back and watch her man throwing himself in fire… alone.

­­___________

“Joanna.” Julian said softly to Joanna who was balled up in the bed, only her tied up had was protruding out of her body ball.

She looked so pale and weak. Damn, she was so stubborn.

“Leave me alone, Jerk.” She whispered.

“I made you food.” Julian said with a smile, hoping she’d eat some this time.

“Did you put poison in it?” She asked, looking hopeful at the tray of pancakes and milk.

Julian laughed softly, “I would never do that.”

“Then I don’t want it.” Joanna said and hugged her legs to her chest tighter.

“Anna, please.” Julian begged.

“Don’t call me that!” Joanna said to him, too calmly to really mean it. Her voice was semi-cracked, which made Julian’s heart break.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered.

He pulled a chair to the side of the bed near her and settled in. then he took a knife out of his pocket and looked at it with reluctant eyes.

“Joanna.” He said, making her look up back at him. Her eyes flashed at the knife and her drained expression changed.

“What are you going to do to me?” she said, un-balling her body and setting on the bed. She tried to pull back but the tied hand stopped her.

“I called Peter last night.” Julian said, looking at her frightened eyes, “You know, Peter White, the guy who’s after you.”

“Yeah?” Joanna said, “Did you negotiate my death plan?” she looked at the knife then at his face with wide terrified eyes, and Julian felt so hurt that after all they had been through, she couldn’t trust him to this extent.

“He asked me to cut something off of you and send it to him.” Julian said calmly, clenching his teeth to restrain himself from bursting from anger at the ridiculous proposal, the he looked at the knife, rotating it in his hand.

“What?” Joanna breathed the word. “W.. why?” she was still eying the knife cautiously.

“Because he wants a proof that I am serious about giving him Zelda.”

“Julian, please stop lying to me.” Joanna whispered in exasperation.

“I’m not lying.” Julian said, looking at her seriously, “I’m sorry, but this is for your own good.”

Julian then took the knife and heard Joanna gasp in terror. He poised the pointed tip of the large knife under his nail tip and said,

“I hope you trust me now, Anna.”

“What the hell are you doing? No, STOP!” Joanna bellowed when Julian pushed the knife up against his nail, snapping it out of the nail-bed and started to do the same to the next nail.

Joanna kept screaming and begging for him to stop.

She looked at Julian’s red face as he restrained himself from showing any emotion regarding what he was doing to himself right then.

“Julian, please stop!” Joanna pleaded, unable to stop the tears that started pouring as she saw another nail popping off its bud.

“He told me to remove your nails from your right hand and send it to him.” Julian said.

Pop.

“Why are you doing this to your self?” Joanna yelled at him, trying to extend her arm to stop him, but couldn’t reach.

“It was better than removing your ear or your finger.” Julian said between gritted teeth, his eyes freakishly blank.

Pop.

“And then I thought, what difference does it make?” Julian continued like nothing was happening. But Joanna couldn’t tear hear eyes off the blood that started trickling out of his finger tips and at that damn knife.

Pop.

“Why did you do this?” Joanna chocked the words out as she watched the last nail fall down to the ground, replaced by blood in its place.

Julian looked at her with hopeful eyes.

“Because I love you, Anna.” Julian said finally before he started gathering the nails from the ground. It was a disturbing sight.

Joanna was too shocked to form words. She watched him as he stood up and walked to the door. He turned his head around and looked at her, “I was trying to convince you before, and apparently I failed. But I hope that this time you would truly trust me again. I won’t ask anything from you except to let me hand you to your cousin. I’m sure he’ll take good care of you.”

“No, Julian wait, I do… I do I trust you!” Joanna said hurriedly, realizing she meant every word.

Julian smiled half a smile before he said, “It doesn’t matter anymore. Can’t you see?” he turned again and reached for the door with his left hand, “I’m no good for anybody.”

And with that, he walked out and closed the door behind him.

Joanna stared at the door, her breathing ragged with the experience she just witnessed.

She knew Julian was honest. She thought that she might had actually believed that day when he tried to explain, she just couldn’t convince her ego to step aside, and right now she wanted to curse her stupid ego that might have cost her the most precious thing she’d ever had in her life.

Her heart kept on breaking over and over at what Julian just did only to avoid hurting her.

“I am so sorry.” She whispered, knowing he couldn’t hear her, before she broke down and cried. All over again.

_________________

Julian was clicking madly on his keyboard, wincing in pain that radiated from his fingers every now and then and cursing every time his fingers slipped due to the Band-Aids that were wrapped around each tip of finger of his right hand.

It was five p.m., and he was so enraged with pain and suppressed emotions. More than once did Joanna call for him, sometimes she pleaded, but he only came in to give her food and take her to the bathroom, and she tried to talk to him every time but he only ignored her.

It was weird, because all he wanted for the past six days was for her to forgive him and talk to him and now that she did, he didn’t want to hear it. He just wanted to finish up and get her freedom. He was no good for her or for anyone, she should realize this soon.

The phone suddenly buzzed and Julian cursed loudly, picking it up and answering.

“What now?” he snapped.

“Hello, Drake.” Peter white said in his snarly, creepily familiar voice.

“What?” Julian snapped quickly, not really in the mood for any game.

“You failed me.”

What? Julian thought. But he kept his calm, and at the same time started sorting his plan.

His new escaping plan.

“I decided to make you come to my residence and work from there. It’d be more efficient and relaxing, don’t you think?”

“That wasn’t our deal.” Julian said calmly and started placing his laptop and several other important documents and instruments as quietly as he could manage inside his backpack.

“I told you, your deal, my rules.” Peter chuckled.

“Fuck you bastard.” Julian said finally and shut the phone off. He ran into Joanna’s room and saw her lying on bed. She straightened up immediately.

“Joanna!” he called and she heard the urgency in his tone. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

“They are here.” He said, untying her hand. “You need to escape through the window.” He instructed and avoided her gaping eyes.

“What? It’s the third floor.” She gasped.

“I’m sure you can survive.” He told her as he moved away and looked at the window to make sure she really could.

“Wait.” She pleaded. .“Julian, I’m really sorry.” She said quickly, “I should’ve…”

“There’s no time for this.” He said quickly and couldn’t stop himself when he said, “And I don’t give a shit.” He knew he was an ass for saying that and was confirmed by the hurtful look that flashed through her tired green eyes.

“Joanna, Go. NOW.” He snapped and started walking out of the room. He stopped when he noticed that she wasn’t moving.

“No.” she said finally. “I’m not fucking leaving this place without you.” She said between gritted teeth, Julian could hear the guilt in her voice. She really did forgive him. It was all he wanted, but right then, he couldn’t be gleeful about it.

“Don’t fuck with me, Joanna.” He snapped again. There was a loud bang on the front door and both of them gasped.

“Damn it.” Julian turned around and grabbed her arm. He placed the backpack firmly on his back and started opening the window.

“Lady’s first.” He said flatly.

“Ok.” She said, all emotions aside, this was practical Joanna.

She climbed out at the same time they heard the front door break down. “Come on.” She told him and he followed, closing the window behind him.

“Easy now.” He told her. The bedroom window was on the backside of the building, Peter’s men wasn’t there yet.

They cautiously climbed down. It was a good thing he texted Isaac earlier about the situation, he hoped Isaac had seen it already, because once they get down they’ll need a fast escape.

“I’m sorry for not trusting you.” He heard Joanna mutter beneath him as she climbed one more floor down. He wanted to say he didn’t care, but damn it, he did. So he remained silent as he followed her down.

“I have issues. I blew every chance I had with you because of those fucked up issues, didn’t I?” Joanna suddenly asked.

Again, no answer.

“You did so much for me, and I…” Joanna said, lowering her voice as they almost reached the ground. “I fucked it up.” She hissed.

“I don’t really care anymore, Joanna.” Julian said flatly, hating himself, but knowing that the only thing he could do right now is get them as far away from here as possible. He’ll hand her to her cousin and then deal with his own problems.

“You shouldn’t.” Joanna said once she landed on the curb. “No one should.” She stated.

“Fuck that.” Julian whispered, not sure if she could hear him. “Now,” he turned around to face her, “Run as fast as you can to the third block from here.” He ordered and as if she was waiting for it, she turned and sprinted, and he did the same right behind her.

“There they are.” One of the men called.

“Be careful not to kill them!” another called. “Boss wants them alive!”

“Damn it we were too slow.” Julian muttered and ran faster.

Joanna turned her head to look at him, “Go that way.” she ordered, pointing at where they should be going.

“I know that.” Julian said in a confused tone and saw that determined look on Joanna’s eyes, which always promised troubles.

They were so close to the entrance she just pointed at when she smiled at him and yelled, “Now we split.” She shouted and ran to the opposite side.

“No, ANNA!” Julian yelled as he saw her back running so fast. He was about to go after her but noticed two men follow her. “Damn it damn it Fuck! Damn IT!!” Julian muttered to himself and ran to where Isaac was supposed to be waiting for them with his car.

“Julian!” he turned his head when he heard Isaac call for him. “Come. Quick!”

Julian ran to the car and jumped right into the passenger seat. “Go that way.” he ordered.

“What! No, we need to leave, like, right now.” Isaac said and started moving the car.

“Anna is with them.”

“Oh, man.” Isaac groaned and turned the car again to where Julian pointed.

“What the hell happened? I thought you had everything under control.” Isaac said as he drove the car fast.

“Yeah, well, a lot of things aren’t going as planned lately.” Julian said, all the while looking around for any traces of Joanna.

“What are you doing?” Isaac asked urgently when he saw Julian calling someone with the phone.

“Hey, White!” Julian snapped to the phone. “You can’t change the deal as you please, damn it!”

“Actually I can,” Peter said, “But it wasn’t that. You were the one who played with the rules, My rules.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Julian yelled, his eyes still searching around for Joanna.

“We agreed on you giving me half the program. You gave me less than that.”

How the hell did he figure that? Julian thought panically.

“You know,” Julian started as he started drawing the pieces together, “ there’s no way you could’ve known. No one knows about this program. NO. ONE.” Julian said firmly, and was shocked when he heard Peter laugh bitterly at him. “Well, aren’t you the confidant?” He told him.

No, Julian thought, he was one hundred percent sure no one knew about it, Except for him, Hank, and Isaac. And……

A horrible thought struck Julian’s mind. He wanted to shake it away but it was stuck.

“How the hell did you know about it in the first place?” Julian snapped, “About the Zelda?” he clarified.

“I was surprised when you, Julian Drake, didn’t know.” Peter said mockingly and Julian felt shivers run all around his body. He wasn’t watching the road anymore. He was staring at the empty space in front of him with horrified eyes as he breathed,

“G.. Greg Mathews? You are Greg Mathews?” Julian said more like a statement that a question, utter shock evident all over his tone.

“Bingo.”

No… that can’t be happening.

P.S. to readers:

Dun dun dun daaaaaaaaaaaun!

A quick upload! Wohhoow!

So what did you think of the new shock? Btw for those who don’t recognize the name “Greg Mathews”, you might want to refer to Chapter (friendship..forever?)

So, yeah, more about that on the next chap. look forward to it.

Please comment and vote and shout out, I really want to get up on the Hot list again. Please make it happen.

Love as always,

Red 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.4K 36
(Book 1) Rose valezquez is a regular seventeen year old girl. You know happy, moody, beautiful and the list goes on. But soon that changes. Accidents...
13.6K 371 21
[COMPLETED] "Shoot," Joey mumbles, letting out a string of profanities under his breath. We turn around to find a group of men, all with guns, standi...
129K 2.4K 32
Raven Scarlett Delilah, a dangerous 14-year-old orphan girl. On the outside, she may seem innocent and sweet but on the inside, she is strong, fierce...
1.4M 33.5K 103
*WARNINGS* This story contains: sexual & mature language/acting strong use of words. drugs and alcohol. rape and assault. weapons. violent behaviour...