Public Sphere | H.S. | #Watty...

By veraorchard

Not everyone can reside in a private sphere, especially Harry Styles. More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XIX + XX: Harry Styles
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXIX: Harry Styles
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Author's note

Chapter XXV

6.9K 252 35
By veraorchard

Author's note: There has been so much love since I updated last, I cannot thank every one of you enough. Thank you so much for reading this story. I LOVE YOU ALL. <3 Things are coming to an end, so be prepared for the ending soon. Thank you again for reading!

--

I was supposed to go back to Chicago to meet up with potential employers; however, I somehow let Harry convince me to represent him. So I was no longer jobless and was back on the media side of things. It was nice because the job was light since he wasn't actively out in the public.

Seth and the team did well when it came to news about me and Harry. As soon as the paparazzi photographed the two of us with Gemma in London, there was an incredible number of news sites and gossip sites that dedicated multiple articles about us. But there wasn't a lot of things for me to worry about since the old team was on it, and they were dealing with everything in regards to me and Harry. Harry and I didn't stop going out in public with each other, but we still didn't confirm or deny our relationship. The world was going a bit crazy with curiosity.

I was getting adjusted to hanging around London. Even though going out was usually a big hassle, Harry made things a bit easier on me. He was incredibly patient and kind, I couldn't believe my luck.

The day was filled with a lot of primping because the wedding day was here. After getting a manicure and pedicure, I was currently at Bleach to get my hair done by Lou. Gemma insisted that Lou just had to do my hair and makeup for the wedding.

"How are things, love?" Lou asked as she sat me down in a hair chair.

"They're very good," I smiled as she started to brush through my hair.

"That's your dress, right?" she asked pointing to the dress that I had gotten at Saint Laurent.

I nodded and she started styling my hair to suit the dress.

"Everyone is talking about you and H," she said as she continued to pull my hair.

"I've heard," I managed to plaster a smile onto my face.

"No worries, it'll pass," she reassured me as she got out a blow-dryer.

Lou and I ended up chatting mostly about how fast Lux was growing up.

And once she was done with my hair, she started on my make up. She was speedy, and I looked wonderful after she was done.

My make up skills were subpar compared to the great Lou Teasdale's.

"You look beautiful," Harry whispered into my ear when it was finally his turn for his hair.

I just blushed as I thanked him.

After his hair was done by Lou, he and I drove to the wedding together. We quietly slipped inside without being noticed, and we took our seats on the bride's side.

He and I blissfully stared at each other, quite content with where we were. But of course, that didn't last long. My phone started going off, and I was ignoring it until Harry's phone started to ring uncontrollably. I glanced to see missed phone calls from my old team, the current publicist firm I was working with, and even Simon Cowell.

Thank god the ceremony hadn't started yet. Harry and I both excused ourselves from our seats and retreated to the main lobby.

I decided to give my old team a phone call first.

"OPA," Briar's voice rang through the phone.

"Briar, it's Jess," I said before I heard her calling over the whole team.

"I know that you're at a wedding, but we need to figure this out. Louis Tomlinson is doing a live tell-all that is airing in the next five minutes. We need to either stop him or we need to be prepared for the s**tstorm," I heard Seth demand from the phone.

Before I got the chance to respond, Harry turned around to look at me. He knew too.

"What are we going to do?" Harry asked pacing back and forth.

"We don't know what he's going to say, let's just leave here, go back to my room, and we can watch what happens. There's no reason to freak out if nothing is going to happen," I said calmly as I was frantically typing out an email with instructions.

Harry decided that he would listen to me and he made his rounds with his close friends and family members, bidding them adieu before we climbed abroad our car and back to the hotel that I was staying at.

We didn't even change into comfortable clothes before we turned the TV on to the heavily-anticipated interview.

The interview started off light. Oprah was asking Louis about how his life was going right now. He delightfully indulged her about his newborn son and how life was being a first time dad. Then the heavier stuff hit. She started talking about Louis' life while in One Direction. He did not hesitate to word vomit.

"It's not that I didn't enjoy my time in One Direction. I would say I did in the first year or two, but then things got rough. At first, we were promised that we would be able to get some creative control in terms of music, then people started expecting things from us and we never got that creative control. That's why Zayn left. He wanted to do more creative things, but we weren't able to," when Louis name-dropped Zayn, Harry winced and started to pace around the room. I stayed calm and hoped that Harry would be unaffected by all of this.

"A lot of the issues were because of management. They wanted us to be these chosen personas, but it was hard. I'm not sure if this is well known, but Jess Hansen, who is Harry's current girlfriend, was our fixer. She forced us to do things that made us question ourselves. And it was quite horrible actually. I'm not sure how the two of them got on, but I'm surprised to be quite honest. I'm not sure if it's a PR move, but I'm quite surprised," Louis continually ranted. Once my name was mentioned Harry clenched his hands into fists and glared at the TV angrily.

"Are you going to let this continue on?" Harry asked angrily, to which I just sat him down and rubbed circles into his back.

"But beyond management, we had issues within the group. The Sun did two exposes on us, and they were actually pretty accurate. Harry and I were the best of mates when we first started, but we both grew up to be different people. He and I couldn't get along; we had to take different jets, cars, and any and everything because he insisted. He ended up as quite the brat. He got a lot of media attention, probably the most in the group, and he was always so used to being superior in the group, and it was obvious that he clearly thought so," Louis kept on.

"Superior?" Harry finally exploded.

"Harry, it'll be fine," I reassured him once again.

"What do you mean fine?" he looked at me angrily this time.

"We can't yank the camera off of him, we can't do anything, so all we can do is wait," I said calmly hoping that he would understand, but he didn't.

"Do something. I hired you, so do something," he was still angry, and although it wasn't the first time that he had been angry at me, this round was certainly the most impactful.

"Harry, it's not the time," I said firmly remembering what I was like before I quit my horrendous job. At that moment, I felt like I was back to being Jess Hansen, the fixer, and it didn't feel good.

"Do something," he demanded before storming off to one of the bedrooms and shutting it close.

I let him stew in the room while I continued to watch the TV.

"I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but I feel like this just has to be said. We weren't happy in the circumstances that we were in, and we did something about it, we decided to split, and now we're all now happier in our own direction. But before we could get here, we dealt with a lot," Louis finished his interview.

Once the interview was over, I gently knocked on the door of the room that Harry was occupying.

He opened up with his face full of anger.

"Did you do something?" he asked.

"No, I didn't," I said calmly.

"Why not?" he looked at me with anger and hurt in his eyes.

"Because there's no use," I answered him knowing that my answer wouldn't satisfy him.

"Why don't you care about me?" he asked in a small voice.

And at that moment, I was stunned. I was stunned that he asked me why I didn't care about him. That all of our time spent together didn't tell him that I cared so deeply about him.

"Of course I care about you, I care about you a lot," I said louder than I expected.

"If you cared, you would do something," he spat out.

"We're not doing anything because that's the proper way to go about this. I know this business better than you do, Harry. I know what I'm doing, and we're not going to do anything. If something does need to happen, we'll release a statement, but we're not going on the record," I explained to him like he was a five-year-old child.

"You're my girlfriend, don't treat me like I'm just your client," he said his voice filled with hurt.

"You are my client, Harry. What did you expect when you asked me to become your publicist? I have your best interest at heart. I am doing what's best for you," I said as I reminded myself how stupid I was for actually becoming his publicist.

"But I'm your boyfriend, I'm not just your client. Don't be like this," he snapped at me as he went towards the door.

"Harry, you asked me to be your publicist," I said slowly.

"If you revert back to who you were, I can't do this with you," he said as he right in front of the front entrance of the hotel room. He looked like he was about to bail.

"You can't do what with me?" I asked.

"Date you. I can't date the old Jess Hansen," he said and that one hurt more than I could ever explain.

"Old Jess Hansen is still me. It's not like I became a whole new person once I left the business, Harry," I said trying to hide the hurt in my voice.

"I can't do this," Harry said as he opened the door to leave.

He left and he didn't even turn around with hesitation. He went straight to the elevator without turning back. And I let him go. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 256 14
JUST A WAR OF THE FANDOMS. STILL LOVE CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING.
529 56 17
things don't always go the way you planned