blurry face - phan

By phanci

" my name's blurry face and I care what you think. " Dan Howell has an unknown condition where he cannot see... More

description
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
deleting soon
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty øne
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
new book!
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
not an update yo
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
epiløgue
nøte

chapter thirty two

42.1K 3.1K 8.4K
By phanci

// you guys wanted 5-ish more chapters so... BE PREPARED FOR DRAMA

I HAVE A RANT BOOK AGAIN ITS CALLED fml if you wanna check it out #spon //

dan

It's been two weeks since Phil kissed Dan, and neither have mentioned it since.

Phil has returned back to university, but he's much closer now, and has called Dan daily. He's coming to see Dan this afternoon though, and Dan doesn't know what to do. He isn't sure where he stands with Phil.

God why was that boy so damn confusing?

Dan sighs, looking at the time on his phone. Phil is coming in one hour.

Dan hears a car pull into his driveway and mentally groans. This means that now both his parents are home, which means that his house will become a war zone until one of them leaves, either to work or probably to see their other lover.

Either way, they disgrace and disgust Dan.

Dan remains in his room, not wanting to get caught up between his parents. Why does Dan have to have all this in his life? Parents are supposed to fix their kid's problems, not be one. Dan is no annoyed at everyone; why does everything have to be so freaking complicated?

"Dan! Come down here!" He hears his mother yell.

Dan inwardly grimaces. He really does not want to go downstairs but it's either he comes down or his parents come up, and Dan does not want them in his room because then he won't be able to go there to escape them.

Dan unwillingly trudges down the stairs and mentally prepares himself for the worst they can throw at him.

"Dan, tell your father he is being unreasonable," his mother demands when Dan enters the war zone which is his living room, "maybe some words from your son will knock some sense into you."

"What is going on?" Dan asks, glancing between his parents.

His father lets out a sigh. "I think you mother and I should get a divorce but she doesn't like that idea."

"I don't want to get in a massive legal battle with you about who gets what," his mother argues, "I don't have time for that, nor did i put up with you for so long just to throw away our marriage, and our son..."

"You know what, you don't even have a marriage to throw away!" Dan chimes in, (with haven't you people ever heard of, closing the god damn door...) "and as for your son, well, I'd hardly call the both of you parents anyway!"

"Excuse me? We raised you, look after you-" his mother starts.

"Bullshit!" Dan yells, "I had to put up with so much shit from the two of you. Affairs, fighting, making me choose sides. You didn't even notice that maybe I was upset as well!"

"Dan, we-" his father starts with a sigh.

"Look, I get that I'm not the ideal son with my blurry face and whatever, and I'm sorry, but I didn't choose this either!" Dan yells, his hands balling into fists by his side, "so you two either divorce or get your fucking shit together!"

"Don't speak to us like that Daniel!" his mother scolds.

"After what you two have put me through my whole life, I WILL TALK TO YOU HOWEVER I FREAKING WANT TO!" Dan screams.

"Dan, I'm sorry for what we've put you through, and I do think it's time your mother and I went our separate ways," his father says calmly.

"Oh that's right, walk out on things like you always do," his mother snaps.

"It's for the best-"

"What about our son?" she asks.

"No, you re not making me choose between you two again," Dan says.

"He's right, we can't make him choose-" his father starts.

"Well too bad, Dan, who do you want to stay with?" his mother asks, hands on her hips and Dan is glad he can't see her face.

"Right now, I choose Dad," Dan snaps.

"Well then," his mother says, straightening out her work uniform, "I'll pack a bag and not come back, since this family obviously doesn't want me."

"Mum-" Dan starts.

"Don't bother Dan," his mother snaps, "clearly, you don't want me, so I'll leave."

And with that, she disappears up the stairs. Dan stands there, stunned, the sound of draws and cupboard doors being opened and slammed shut echoing through the house.

"I'm sorry Dan," his father says, pulling him into the first hug he's had from his dad in a long time, "I'll deal with this. everything will be okay I promise."

There's a knock on the door, and Dan remembers something;

Phil...

"Who would that be?" his father asks, confused.

"I'll see," Dan says, walking around the corner and opens the door to see Phil.

"Dan, ready for a movie marathon?" Phil asks with a grin, the smile disappearing from his face when he sees how upset Dan looks, "Dan? What's wrong?"

"Sorry Phil I just, not isn't a good time okay?" Dan says, biting his lip, "I'll explain tomorrow, okay?"

"Are you sure? Dan-" Phil starts.

"Tomorrow, I promise Phil," Dan says, "I'll text you a time later."

"O-okay?" Phil says, frowning with confusion, "I lo-"

Dan shuts the door, turning around to see his father standing there, staring up the staircase where his mother is packing a bag.

"Who was it?" he asks.

"No one, dad," Dan lies, looking to see his mother beginning to drag a suitcase down the stairs.

Phil pulls his ear away from the front door. So that's all I am? No one? Phil thinks bitterly as he walks away.

Dan better have a fucking good explanation.

***

"Dan, can I ask you something?" Phil asks.

"Ah, yeah," Dan says, confused, "what is it Phil?"

"Am I no one to you?" Phil asks, looking at Dan with hurt written on his expression, "is that all I am after everything?"

"Phil! Of course not!" Dan says, shocked, "you know that."

"Its just, after I left you told your father I was no one," Phil says with a shrug, "I just didn't know-"

"Look, my parents, last night I think they split. Mum packed her bag and left after trying to make me choose between them," Dan explains, "mum was packing as you came, I just, I didn't think my dad needed something else to think about."

"Oh Dan, I-" Phil starts.

"You are so much more than no one to me Phil, you know that," Dan says, smiling at Phil, "but I'm just confused. What are we Phil? I know after Lyle we- but I don't-"

"Well, what do you want to be?" Phil asks, "because if you are, I'm all in. I swear this time Dan, no missed calls, no cancelled visits, no drifting apart."

"What makes this time any different Phil?" Dan asks, "I want to I just-"

"Well, I'm closer for one," Phil says, "and this time, I know what it feels like to lose you, and that's never happening again with us. I cannot lose you again Dan Howell."

"I can't lose you either Phil Lester," Dan says with a small smile.

"Then will you be my boyfriend for the millionth time?" Phil asks, "no fake deaths I swear."

"There'd better not be," Dan laughs, punching Phil on the arm lightly, "and yes. I will be your boyfriend."

"Great," Phil says, smiling and kissing Dan gently.

Dan and Phil spend the whole day together, but Phil has to head home, and Dan should as well.

"Bye Phil," Dan says, hugging him tightly and kissing him, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll call you when I get home," Phil says with a grin.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for your call when I get home," Dan says, waving at Phil before they turn their separate ways to walk home.

As Dan is walking along the dimly lit street, he smiles to himself. He's finally with Phil again, his parents are (kinda) sorting things out, everything is finally going his way.

Then, he's grabbed from behind and hauled into an alley.

Dan thrashes around, but then another person pins him and he's trapped. Dan freezes when he feels the tip of a knife press against his throat.

"Wh-what do you w-want?" Dan asks, his voice filled with fear and shaking.

"Are you sure this is him?" a rough voice asks.

"Positive," another voice, and Dan's heart stops completely.

Lyle.

"Wh-what? Who a-are you? Wh-what d-do y-you want?" Dan asks again, terrified.

"Don't worry," the mysterious guy says in his ear, "we won't hurt you, yet."

"We're not after you Dan," Lyle says, "honestly I never was. I was after Phil, I went after you because I knew he'd run to wherever you were."

"L-Lyle-"

"Phil has been avoiding us, but he'll come for you Dan," Lyle says, "only, this may be the last time. He busted Shane, and we aren't very happy about that."

"N-no," Dan stammers, struggling in their grip, "I won't-"

"It's too late Dan, he's already on his way," Lyle laughs, "pity that it will never work out for the two of you."

Dan feels like screaming as he feels his heart rip apart in his chest, but he doesn't, because he smells something funny, and then the dim alley seems so tilt and spin with his head. Dan drops to his knees.

He falls onto the ground and blinks one last time before his vision turns black and his mind falls into the dark world of unconsciousness.

**************************

an// (josh) dun dun dunnnnnn

poor dan and phil, will the world ever let their ship sail?

800 votes and 789 comments for a new chapter!

what will happen next? what will happen to phil? WILL LYLE KILL PHIL? who knows.

i have a speech coming up this week, wish me luck because i hate speeches sm and i want to cry. damn social anxiety why can't i be confident.

anyway, sorry if i'm slow replying to messages i've been so busy! thanks so much for 6k followers and over 350k reads! you guys cheer me up when i feel like shit so thank you.

i'm sorry that i keep killing your ship, i'll try to stop. maybe...

LOVE YOU GUYS ^_^

p.s: i need new music, any suggestions? (i already listen to artists like top, melanie, halsey, fob, panic!, the neighbourhood, mcr and 1975, so anything besides them.) added note: I ALSO already listen to ed Sheehan, 5sos, oh wonder, Paramore, walk the moon, Bastille, Troye, years & years, of monsters and men, Coldplay and smallpools.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439 7 30
DISCLAIMER: This story is mature because it will have some self harm in it. It will also have some swearing due to that's how Dan actually talks. Thi...
228 59 17
completed~~ Dan Howell is admitted into the Manchester Eye Mental Hospital after his attempted suicide. He gets roomed with a boy named Phil Lester...
stutter By 🐋

Fanfiction

251K 12K 44
"say my name, dan howell"
385K 25.7K 23
"The less you care, the happier you are." He turned to face me, his blue eyes dull with traces of betrayal. "No. The less you care, the lonelier you...