Close Enough

By thanduxolo00

He saved her life, He wants some thing in return or may I say some things. Tasha is your average teenage girl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Authors note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors note
Chapter 20 (part I)
Chapter 21 (part II)
Chapter 22 (part III)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Final Chapter
Authors Final Note

Chapter 11

96 10 3
By thanduxolo00

Oh boy...

"Maybe next time!",I sighed.

"Come on!I thought you liked hanging out with me,"he whined.

"Dude,you know I never said that",I exhaled.

Does he really like to hang out with me or he's messing with me?

"Are messing around with me?" I found myself asking.

"What do you mean?"he sang.

"You said I am the first girl you ever had a normal conversation but you do have someone you talk to,well not always talking but creating music together,"I poured my heart out.

"Who?Charlie?"he laughed.

"What's so funny about that?"

"Look,Charlie and I are like brother and sister and you have to have a normal conversation with someone you consider family,"he sighed.

"Well since you put it that way," I exhaled wondering where the hell I'm driving to.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"Beats me,I think we're lost,"I sighed.

"Home?"I exhaled.

"Why?"he locked his eyes with mine and of course for a few seconds because I was driving.

"Because I'm boring aren't I?"I finally managed to question him.Its been bugging me the whole day.

"No!why!" he smirked.

"Well you've been on your phone the whole day and it is rude but it's okay because I can go home right?"I finally realized where we were and I was glad I wasn't out of town.

"I'm sorry,I just figured it would be a distraction,"he turned it off instantly.

"From what?"I curiously asked.

"You,"he said calmly as he locked his eyes with mine once again.

"That's it,this is not a normal conversation with someone you like to hang out with,it's a pickup line!,and that's why I said you were messing with me and I hate that!"I exclaimed.

"It takes less than a minute to have any girls number and even more,"he didn't look at me this time.

"So?",I exhaled wondering where he was going.

"So I don't use pickup lines and I never had.It's the truth and I'm not being cheesy..." he stopped for a second.

"If I can take my words back,that time you asked me why I was suddenly interested in you?,I would have said 'I don't know' because I don't.Yes I like being around you and teasing you but I can't stand your face!" My mouth literally dropped and I froze.

Am I that ugly that he can't even look at me?.

I never thought boys were this insensitive!

I thought I was boring him but it was worse.Yep that's what you get for listening to your best friend who told you that 'he likes you', 'he likes you',he likes you',

Only to find out he thinks you're ugly.

I should have guessed it the moment he mentioned I had changed.But he offered a hug for my change.

I need to lie down.

I know from the bottom of my heart that I'm not as appealing as many girls my age but to hear it from a guy.It sucks a lot.

"You are beautiful!"

"What!!",I exclaimed as I parked outside my house.

"You are BEAUTIFUL and I can't stand it,you're torturing me!" I tried to process what he'd just sad.

He was nervous.looks like he's the one with the sweaty armpits after all and I hope they smell.

Tasha he said you're beautiful!

I thought to myself.I spoke too very soon!.Q was right and I never doubted her for a second.Just kidding,I need to apologise to my friend.I finally turned my frown upside down.

It's kinda weird for a boy to say you're 'beautiful',but a lot worse to think he said you're ugly.

"You're smiling?" He said more as a question I guess.

"I thought you were saying the opposite!" I laughed but deep down I could have sworn he thought I was ugly.

"What?You?,No way!"he exclaimed and I was relieved.

"I have to go!"I sighed as I gestured to a figure standing at the front door.

And the reason I apply the word 'figure' is because I never saw Rachel Williams so furious.

"Whoah she is so mad!"Alex whispered as we both looked at her and if looks could kill, me and him would be 6f under and cold dead.

"That's my mom!" I nodded towards her.

"You have to go!"Alex got out of the car and I followed him.

"Should I go and greet her?" He was nervous again but more like he's going to wet his pants.

"Next time buddy!"I sighed as I walked into the Williams premises

"Goodluck!" Alex whispered loud enough so I could hear him and he got in the driver's side and drove off.

Leaving me all alone...

Okay taking big breaths I slowly walk towards mom and I totally feel the negative energy between us.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Hey is all you've got!" She went inside as I followed her.

"Mom look I'm sorry,"I apologised feeling horrible.

"Sorry for what?" She broke down.

"Mom don't cry,please don't cry," I comforted her.

"Is it because I'm going on a vacation?" She asked.

I hate it when she cries,probably the first time I made her feel this way.

"No it's not,don't say that!" I gave her a glass of water and she accepted it.

"Then why the sudden change of behaviour?,I can stay just say the words," she exhaled.

"Behaviour?" I wondered.

"Yes,detentions,wondering around with bad boys and coming home this late,you know how over protective I am and you didn't bother calling me!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry and I know how important this trip is for you!, and i wouldn't do it on purpose.Now stop crying and let's go to bed," I sighed as she pulled me into her arms.

"I don't like him,"she whispered.

"Me too!" We laughed but half of me didn't agree with my statement and I don't know why.

"Then why are you hanging out with him?" She asked as we went upstairs.

"Long story but I promise to tell you when you come back from Hawaii," we stopped in front of my room.

"You know how much I love you right?" She kissed my forehead.

"Always have and always will!" I closed the door.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm so blessed with such a wonderful family.Makes me feel sick when I think about college because I'm not ready to live my comfortable bed and I'm not willing to share my room.

I quickly change into my pj's and pick out a dress for tomorrow.

I got in bed and I felt like something was missing, my friend.I haven't talked to her in ages,

"Wake up!"I called out.

"What!" Q yelled on the other side of the line.

"I miss you," I whined.

"How was your date?" She exhaled.

"I met his best friend Charlie and guess what,Alex Hoffman sings!" I exclaimed.

"Shut up!" She yelled and I can imagine her sitting up.

"He does and he's awesome, totally showed me another side of him!"

"Am I dreaming?" She called out.

"No you're not silly but one thing worries me,he said he couldn't stand my face..."

"What!,does he know that I'm your best friend and I don't take shit to who ever speaks ill about you?" She exclaimed.

"It's not what you think,he said I was beautiful and distracted himself from me,"I said the last part softly.

"My heart just melted," she sighed

A whole minute of silence.

"Ha!,he likes you and I really want to say these words so bad.I told you so!" She screamed and her heart wasn't the only thing liquid now,my ear drums too.

"Didn't I?" She asked and I could tell she was doing her awkward victory dance.

"Yes you did and I'm sorry,"I exhaled.

"So what's the next step?" She was now calm.

"Step?"I answered with a question "You have to make it clear that you think he's cool too,just so things don't get awkward!" She sighed.

She really does know these things but I'm not ready.

"I can't,"I sighed.

"Why?" She was willing to listen.

"I'm just not ready.Rachel raised me good and I can't thank her like that," I was now confused.

"Do you like Alex," she wondered and caught me off guard.

What's the deal with people asking my interests in Alex, I'm tired of it.

"As a friend yes,"I sighed.

"I really don't know what to say T, Remember when you mentioned that you like a guy who would sweep you off your feet?" She asked.

"Yeah?" I said more as a question.

"Yeah and I think he will but it's too soon to judge.For crying out loud,he complemented you!" She cheerfully exclaimed.

"I'm telling you Q,this is too good to be true," I sighed.

"It may be but you're having fun and you'll be strong!" She sighed.

"Lets chat tomorrow after church! I'm tired,"I yawned.

"Whatever but think about it you're old enough to make your own decisions and I'm gonna have a little talk with Rachel!" She cut the line.

Great.Just great.

I closed my eyes and for once, I felt incomplete.

What was happening to me?

The Buzz of my phone made me jump.New message from Alex:

-How did it go with your mom?

'Not bad,' I typed.

The more I read his question,the more I felt like betraying my mom.And he's not worth it.

-Good because I can't sleep again.

This one made me smile,a little.

And that made me think about what Q said.And clearly I'm stuck in the middle.

'Mom not back yet?' I replied.

- Yeah,tonight I want you to sing for me.

'You're joking!' I rolled my eyes.

He was quiet for a few minutes, probably asleep...

And I spoke too soon because I'm receiving a call from him right now!

"What!" I rolled my eyes as I accepted it.

"I'm serious and please tell that you didn't roll your eyes at me!" He sighed.

"No I didn't!" I pulled my blanket over my head wondering how the hell he knew that.

"Don't beat yourself up for it. I'm ready now sing for me,"

"I can't sing," I sighed.

"I know silly,I just want to laugh at you.Oops! I said that out loud," he chuckled.

"Atleast now I know!"He wants to laugh at me? Like really.

"Come on,it's a wish!" He whined.

"Hush little baby don't say a word, mama's gonna buy you diamond ring and if..." I horribly sang to a lallaby and didn't knew the right lyrics and on top of that he interrupted me.

"I'm sorry please continue!" He said in between laughs.

"And if you break the diamond ring don't cry,mama's gonna buy you another big one.Hush little..." he once again interrupted me.

"Please stop you're killing me!" He said in between laughs and I can imagine him holding his stomach with tears in his gorgeous eyes.

Woah,wait a minute did I just referred to his eyes as 'gorgeous'?

Yep I'm finally losing my mind.

"Hello!" He yelled.

"Yes I'm here!" I sighed.

"Who sang you that song?" He exhaled while catching his breath.

"Does it matter.You didn't even listen to me,from the word 'hush' you exploded with laughter!" I sighed.

"Hey I'm sorry but I couldn't help it,aren't you glad that you made Alex Hoffman laugh?" He asked.

"Nope and by the way mom raised me by that song!" I exclaimed.

"That's why you have a horrible voice!" He chuckled.

"Atleast my mom is here and she can sing for me and with me whenever I like!" I exclaimed.

"Toochè," he whispered softly.

"You know if we were dating right now,I would tickle you until you wet your pants and be unconscious!" He said calmly.

"You wish!" I sighed wondering what time is it.

"Yeah I do wish and you know what to do there miss ginnie!" He whispered.

"Ew,no way!" I yelled.

"Yeah way,who saved your sorry miserable life.Yes I did the one and only Alex Gregory Hoffman!" He sighed.

"Wait your middle name is Gregory?" I erupted with laughter. "I shouldn't have said that!" He exhaled.

"McCarthy meet Gregory,He's the one who saved your sorry, miserable life and please he would prefer Greg if you don't mind!" I laughed.

"You wouldn't dare!" He exclaimed.

"I just did Greg!" I sighed.

"You're gonna wish I never saved your life missy!" He threatened.

"Is that a threat Greg?" I loved his new name and who's the one laughing now.

"Nope just a simple friendly reminder!" He exhaled.

"Oh are we friends now! Greg?" I enjoyed torturing him, it feels amazing.

"You asked for it!" I heard his back round and he recorded me while I was singing and played it.And to my surprise the tape was clear, it was like he never laughed at all, You could hear me loud and clear.

Bloody technology.

"I'm not scared Greg!" I stayed strong.

"Keep saying that to yourself because its gonna hit internet and I just found my new ringtone!" He faked an evil laugh and it's good.

"Okay fine,I'm going back to Alex but just so you know, I thought Greg was a cool name!" I backed down but kept promising my self for revenge.

"No hold on to the name and I'm gonna hold on to the tape,for when I run out of wishes!" He exhaled.

"You're gonna blackmail me?" I exclaimed and soon after regretted it after Megan yelled that some people were trying to get some sleep.

"Yep in the near future it's gonna come in handy," he exhaled.

"Fine by me Greg!" I can't help it his name is diffusing in my mind.

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" He was know relaxed and didn't mind me calling him Greg.

"We're going to church and then it's going to be a family day in the park since mom is going away," I sighed feeling a little sad.

"You go to church?" He sounded surprised and that made me smile.

"Yeah,why?" I curiously asked and now daring to glance at the clock on my wall.23:18.Im good at time telling and i always get it right. Time really flies and Megan is not asleep at this late hour.

"I'm impressed,girls no longer go to church rather get drunk and stay home!" He sighed.

"And boys?" I asked.

"Well boys do go to church and get drunk on Friday's and Saturday's," he said.

"Including you Greg?" I asked.

"I used to go to church with my grandma but not anymore and I don't drink!" He exhaled.

"Why,don't you go to church? and you not drinking, you got to be kidding me!" I sighed.

"My grandma passed away last year and yes I don't drink!" He sighed.

"Sorry about that!" I felt bad for asking.

"Thanks," yep thinks went straight to awkwardness.

"Where's your mom going," he asked and I don't remember telling him that she was going away,wait now I remember.Me and my big mouth.

"On a vacation," I owed him the truth after asking about his late grandma.

"Don't let her go away," He said calmly.

"What!"I couldn't process what he'd just said.

"That's where it all starts, after grandma's passing my mom was wracked and miserable.

A close friend requested that she needed a vacation and she did.So yeah that's the last time I ever saw her and every time she says she coming back the more she's switching off her phone and we wouldn't know if she's okay or not and after 2 weeks or so, she would reconnect and say there was a glitch.The worst part is that we don't know where she is," He sighed.

"I'm so sorry," I felt even more worse.

"It's fine,we hired a private investigator and he's promising," He was now down.

"Man I feel so horrible," I exhaled.

"Don't worry maybe it's a different case!" He laughed.

"I hope so," I exhaled.

He's really good at hiding his feelings.Who knew what he was going threw,not even his friends I guess.

"Please don't tell anyone,you're the only person who knows," he sighed.

"I feel honoured and I promise!" I swore.

I really do.

"Look I have to go," he sighed.

"Me too," I wasn't ready to hang up but I had to give him some space.

"Good morning McCarthy," he whispered.

"Morning Greg," I whispered back as I hung up but not after hearing him chuckle.

I putted my phone on charger after setting the alarm.And I only had a few hours left since it was already morning.

I went over to Megan's room to see what she was up to and maybe tuck her in if she was already asleep.To my surprise she wasn't asleep...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.9K 71
Ria is a nerd in high school she's bullied and gets treated as an outcast, she has an older brother who also bullies her and hangs out with the peopl...
125K 4.7K 56
|WATTYS 2021 Shortlisted| ❝Teach me.❞ ❝Teach you what?❞ ❝Teach me how to be a bad boy.❞ Elias Rodriguez has a crush on a certain cheerleader (since f...
675K 12.9K 53
[All Rights Reserved] (Rewriting) "Girls like you should be stronger and smarter, besides aren't you a nerd with an attitude,"Mathew smirked as I rol...
235K 6.6K 28
How easy is it to fall in love? This is one of the thoughts that never occurred to the weird nerd, Alexis Rivers. That is, until she was forced to be...