Strike Team Demigod [Percy Ja...

Por straightouttaarrows

------------------------BOOK 2 IN THE DEMIGOD AVENGER SERIES------------------------ (if you haven't read the... Más

Prolouge
Chapter 1 - Training, Threatening and Five Minutes Before Capture the Flag
Chapter 2 - Capture the Flag Part II and Fury's Interuption
Chapter 3 - You look awfully healthy for someone who's supposed to be dead
Chapter 4 - Why are there two of you?!?!?!
Chapter 5 - We've kept an eye on you two. (That's not creepy or anything)
Chapter 6 - From SHIELD to STARK Towers
Chapter 7 - Dreams of the Past
A/N: PLZ READ!!
SNEAK PEEK: Life in Avengers Tower
Chapter 8 - Other Segal and The Barton Household
➳➳➳ Lock Screen Tag ➳➳➳
Chapter 9 - Snowball fights interrupted by a certain Director of Fury
Chapter 10 - From a farmhouse.....to another farmhouse.
Chapter 11 - Anxiety and Fire people who want to kill us..........lovely
Chapter 12 - Do you want me to keep eating it?
<<---- Handwriting Tag ---->>
Chapter 13 - Interrogated by an Insane Individual
Chapter 14 - The Real Mandarin
➸➸A-Z Tag and Shoutout!!➸➸
Chapter 16 - The Big Fight...and I get a new glove
Chapter 17 - Breaking in the Recruits and The Potato Gun Mark II
FOR GODS SAKES STEVE DOESN'T LIKE THAT KIND OF TALK!!!
Chapter 18 - Blizzard and Last Minute Changes
Chapter 19 - You call that running? (PLUS A LITTLE CW RANT: NO SPOLIERS)
Chapter 20 - Well, this is awkward
Chapter 21 - Netflix and.....yeah, that's really about it
Chapter 22 - Taking a Trip Down His Memory Lane
MARVEL FANFIC AWARDS
Chapter 23 - You Again....
Isn't a chapter but still important **PLEASE READ**
Chapter 24 - Have you ever been on the run before?!
Chapter 25 - She only acts like she knows everything
Chapter 26 - "Specimen"
Chapter 27 - I Jinxed It......Whoops
Chapter 28 - I don't remember giving any of you an address + SNEAK PEEK
Chapter 29 - Uhh...I know who the hell Bucky is??? But I don't think that helps
Chapter 30 - Fitz indirectly saves our lives
Chapter 31 - Can't kill you if you're already dead
Chapter 32 - My Dad...isn't who I thought he was
A/N: 16k & 500 votes!!!! + Q/A maybe???
Chapter 33 - "We're okay,"
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK IS POSTED!!

Chapter 15 -It's Recruiting Time Again

644 23 2
Por straightouttaarrows

Sorry for the late update guys!! That civil war trailer messed me up.........*cries*

Okay now to the story!! ;)

Lexi POV: 

"If he's right about the location, we're twenty minutes from where Pepper is." I say, my navigational instincts kicking in as I maneuver us out of the Biscayne Bay.

"But we also have to figure out this Vice President thing, right?" Rhodey asks.

"Right. I wonder who I'm calling right now? Oh, that's the Vice President." Tony says, gesturing to his phone. I roll my eyes and enjoy the ocean breeze as mist comes splashing over. Suddenly, the light catches the mist at a specific angle and a rainbow forms that nearly freaking blinds me.

"Would you like to accept this Iris Message?" A calm voice says from the mist.

"Yeah, sure", I say, rubbing my eyes from the bright light.

"Lexi?!" Connor asks/yells from the mist.

"Hey babe," I say looking back at Tony and Rhodey who are still on the phone.

"Um, do you mind using your inside voice Connor," I sigh. "I have two people who are currently on the phone with the vice president."

"You expect me to use my inside voice when I find out you're dead?!" He exclaims and I raise an eyebrow. 

"Who on earth told you that?" I question. "Becuase if it was Owen, I'm kinda surprised you believed him."

Connor opens his mouth like he's about to say something, but decides against it. Yup, Owen did it again.

"Connor, I'm alright don't worry. I went dark because I had to find Tony and take down the Mandarin...which is proving to be weirder than what I had expected." I respond, flipping some of my hair out of my face from the stupid wind.

"You get hurt yet?" He asks.

"Uhh.....maybe might have gotten shot....." I say.

"WHAT?!"

"Just in the arm babe. Healed myself don't worry." I reassure.

"Ambrosia and Nectar?" He questions, almost like a doctor.

"Didn't need it," I respond.

"Lexi!" He says.

"Connor!" I mimic.

"You really are going to be the death of me." He groans.

"Better me than someone else," I smirk. "Any other reason you called, because I know when you are hiding something."

"Am I just an open book to you?" He asks smiling.

"Connor, I've known you since we were like 8. Of course you are an open book to me." I laugh.

"Fury is planning on bringing in some new demigods from camp, considering how well we have adjusted. Your whole idea with Strike Team Demigod Protocol went through Lex." He says.

"Fury actually agreed with me? That's a first." I sigh, steering the speedboat around some other private boats. "Straight to the Avengers, or just as SHIELD agents?"

"Just as SHIELD agents for now. Not until SHIELD can assess their skills. They're going to follow the same protocol we had in the Academy."

"Any candidates so far?" I ask.

"Yeah, there's a couple. There are already Fury and Hill's choices in there, but they felt that we should have the final say, since you know, we lived with them for like almost six years. I've sent their profiles to your computer to take a look at. Fury would want any recommendations ASAP. Four people total, then Agent Hill also wants you to submit their creds and make their IDs.....you know, the whole deal."

I nod and pull out my laptop. "Roger that. I'll start work on them in ten."

"You sure you're going to be alright?" He asks.

"I'll be fine Owl Head," I smirk. "Nothing that I can't handle. And don't you have stuff for Project Insight to be working on?"

"Shusssh," He says putting his finger to his lips. "Maybe if I just close my eyes it'll all go away."

I laugh at his silliness. "You keep trying that. Love you babe."

"Love you too." He replies and cuts the message.

I sigh and walk back to Tony and Rhodey.

"You guys warn the president yet?" I ask.

"Nah just the vice president." Tony response.

"I don't have a good feeling about this," I say as they both give me a look.

"What do you mean?" Rhodey asks.

"Its the way....what's-his-face, Trevor I think? It's the way he phrased his statement."  I say.

"The plan with the vice president?" Rhodey asks.

"Yeah, he said with. Not for the vice president or about the vice president, he said with. Almost seems like-" I respond

"He's working with Killian." Tony finishes. "But do you really think he's working for AIM?"

"At this point Tony," Rhodey says. "I think anything is possible." 

"Well, what did he tell you guys?"

"That he'll have F-22's in the air...right about now," Tony said.

I grab my laptop and pull out current flight patterns. "We have a modified 747 flying pretty close to us. All of its systems are normal....but, there's nothing else. All F-22s are at the base. Tony you might have to get in there."

"You mean to tell me that he didn't call backup in?"

"So then we gotta make a decision. We can either save the President or Pepper. We can't do both."

"Thank the gods I grabbed my duffle bag." I sigh.

"Sir, I have an update from Malibu. The cranes have finally arrived and the cellar doors are being cleared as we speak." JARVIS speaks up.

"And what about the suit I'm wearing?" Tony asks.

"The armor is now at ninety-two percent."

"Well, that's going to have to do," Tony says, pulling the wires out of his suit. Tony gestures at the air and the pieces of the suit fly off of him and form into an empty suit.

"Leave." Tony says and the suit flies away toward Air Force One.

"Okay while you do that, I have worked I need to be doing." I say and start to walk out.

"Who gives a sixteen-year-old work?" Rhodey asks.

"Well, this sixteen-year-old just happens to be a level 7 agent of SHIELD so the director himself," I call over my should and plop down on the couches.

I open the computer screen and log into my usual messy as hades desktop.

I open up the files Connor sent me and flip through some of the profiles. A couple candidates catch my eyes as possible candidates, then there are others that I know are definitely out.

I pull up the next profile and groan. Aaron Smith pops up on my screen as a top candidate and I immediately left swipe to the next person. I'm not dealing with him. Images of Tressa and Olivia pull up on the screen and I sit back and think.

I've always been close to those two and I think with the right training, they could be viable SHIELD agents. I check both of their profiles and continue on down the list. 

I end up also checking Louis Ballerose a son of Hecate as well. This guy was recommended by Hill as well and I'm kinda surprised since he's about as awkward as me. So obviously, he was one of my best friends. He's the kind of person who would forget he's a demigod and can like perform magic. 

So he's about as derpy as me.

He, Tressa and Olivia are literally like siblings. Back when I was at camp, they were my squad. Mess with one of us, you dealt with all of us. Back when Louis and I weren't claimed and were shoved in the Hermes cabin, we befriended each other and all eventually became friends. While Connor was busy studying or working up ideas and battle plans in the Athena cabin, we were out pulling pranks and being annoying little campers. Even after the two of us got claimed, we all stayed friends. We've all come a long way since then and now, he's one of the few children of Hecate who have mastered black magic...so he could be very helpful. A great asset to SHIELD.

I come down to Hill's last top candidate; 17-year-old Sydney aka Syd Jones.

We really don't see eye to eye....but I know her best interest is to get the job or battle won. She cares....just in her own way. My finger hovers over the dismiss button until I decide otherwise and click submit her for profiling.

I hope I don't regret this.

The computer scans of the selected individuals and checks their background, criminal history and stuff like that for anything suspicious. They computer spends a little longer on Tressa.......but clears all of them with no problem and upload their new SHIELD IDs into our systems. I give each one the check after logging their card numbers into the system.

I type up a quick email to each of them and send it, providing them with information and a little welcome.

To Chiron:

I am emailing to inform you that four demigods have been chosen and accepted into the SHIELD Operations and Intelligence Academy located in the SHIELD Training Compound in New York. 

Their names are as follows:

- Louis Ballerose; son of Hecate

- Sydney "Syd" Jones; daughter of Ares

- Olivia Mála-Bruscar; daughter of Hermes

- Tressa Mála-Bruscar; daughter of Hermes

They will all have one day to decide if they wish to work for SHIELD. If they do decide to join, have them pack up their things and I will arrive with a SHIELD team to collect them.

I look forward to seeing Camp Half-Blood again.

Regards,

Agent Lexi Carson

Level 7 Operations and Intelligence Specialist

Training and Field Officer of Strike Team Demigod

"Lexi!" Rhodey calls from below and my head snaps back up at him. "We got fifteen civilians in the air and they need a cushion." 

I nod and look back up toward the sky and spot a triangle of people in Tony's grasp.

I quickly form a densely scattered wave that hopefully will cushion their fall.

The suit drops them all into the wave and I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding when they all surface.

And then I see Tony's suit crash into a truck.

"Haha! Smooth!" I say laughing. I walk down the stairs to where Tony is remote controlling the suit.

"Thanks to Carson's teamwork, I think they're all gonna make it."

Rhodey breathes out in relief and I smile.

"Should I make sure they make it to a boat or something?" I ask. "I mean, some of them might not be able to swim, let alone swim across the bay."

"I don't see why not." Rhodey shrugs. 

"Yeah, just try not to out do me, Carson, I just saved them from an exploding plane." Tony smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Wouldn't dream of it Stark." They follow me out to the edge of the boat, where I take a running jump and dive into the water, and will the currents to get me straight to the people in the water.

Hey Hey guys!!!

So sorry about the delay with the new characters, Iron Man 3 is taking a lot longer to get throught than I thought....I might need to start rethinking the plot line for this....

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chappie and please vote and comment if you did! Also follow me if you haven't already. Don't worry its fun :)

See you guys next time!

Stay Nerdy,

Nerdy_Girl

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

528K 11.8K 38
"i am the fallen princess, scarred and hardened by a war i never asked for, but oh how i melt in your arms and the sea of your eyes..." . . "i am not...
1.4K 79 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
13.7K 536 44
Ellesmere is under S.H.I.E.L.D's radar. After stealing a highly classified military file from them and killing half their soldiers, she goes into hid...
38.3K 1.5K 25
❤︎✧Clintasha romance novel✧❤︎ Book 1 (Completed) Teenage years + Romanogers and Buckynat moments ( I'm just borrowing the characters from Marvel and...