(Outdated) The King of Elemen...

By RobertDarius

~~~~~~~~~~ This is a continuation of the King of Elements. "Two months ago, I was a nobody. Two months later... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61: Springtime in Autumn
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Epilogue

Chapter 19

96 8 2
By RobertDarius

"Hiro!" Dre called through The World Where Titans Sleep. He looked around expectantly, questions overwhelming him. "Where are you!?" Nothing. Not even the wind seemed to pay him any attention. He barred his teeth. Darn it.

"Need something, King?" he heard Hiro ask through the void. His voice sounded smug as he continued. "Looks like you almost bit the big one during your little field trip to Southern Amity."

"I want to get stronger," he said through his teeth. "I want to hone in on my power. I need it-" He felt a presence appear behind him, though he didn't need to turn to know who it was.

Hiro chuckled behind Dre, his back turned to him. "You want to get stronger. What drives your thirst?" He looked over his shoulder. "Is it because you feel like you have to because of your blood?"

If he was paying attention, he'd know exactly why I need to get stronger.

"No. I want to get stronger to protect my friends and my family. You saw what happened earlier today at Moonlit Town. Those bastards were trying to violate Megumi and make me watch." Barring his teeth, he turned towards Hiro and continued. "I couldn't do anything but sit there, powerless! The fact that she saved me when I couldn't save her just pisses me off more. If I can't even save my friend from two people, then how can I call myself as a true King?"

Hiro closed his eyes in consideration. When he reopened them, he gave a wide grin. "Let's make some changes to that then."

Dre looked at him, perplexed. Then, his eyes brightened. "You mean I finally get to fight you?"

Chuckling, Hiro said, "Sure, kid. Just don't hold anything back." He unsheathed his crystal-like sword.

Finally. Dre reached for his back, hoping to grab the handle of his sword but found only air. "See what's wrong with this picture?" Hiro asked, returning the sword to its scabbard. Dre scowled as he crossed his arms, glaring at the fallen King. "You've got to take it slow. I know how excited you are about basically being a superhero, but you can't skip over the baby steps. Dick Grayson had to go become Robin before becoming Nightwing, remember? Or, are you familiar with the Batman comics?"

Dre squinted in suspicion at his accusation. "You aren't going to become a reanimated superhero, are you? Because I'm pretty sure most people would rather not be saved by Superzombie."

"What?"

"Nothing." He really had to learn to control his impulsive mouth.

Hiro laughed as he shook his head. "You've got so much to learn. You have the ultimate power resting inside you, just waiting to get released. I was in the same boat that you're in now." His face hardened. "Though my reasoning for being trying to learn how to hone in on my powers were the complete opposite of yours."

Dre tilted his head. "Weren't you trying to protect your friends and the planet?"

"Not at first. I only had one thing on my mind once I learned that I was the King. Revenge. Revenge on the person who killed my parents and tried to trick me into turning my back on the world that I hardly even knew about."

That took him by surprise. "What do you mean?"

Sighing, he ran his fingers through his crimson hair. "My parents were killed when I was younger by a member of the Adranés, Amians who were born without an element."

"You mean that could actually happen?"

"Yeah. It's uncommon for it to happen, too. Basically they have the same strengths and weaknesses as the elemental group that they'd belong to, only they don't have the elemental power to rely on. Because of this, the Sages had decreed that the Adranés would be exiled. My master took me on as his disciple after he murdered my parents with only one objective on his mind: use me to get the one thing that would give him an elemental power." He looked at the sword on his hip. Hiro exhaled. "Or, at least that's what he said. He was like a father to me."

Dre lowered his head. He couldn't image how it must have felt for someone that Hiro looked up to betray him so coldly. "I'm sorry."

"Thanks." He sighed as he slid the sword from its scabbard and held it towards Dre. "Get stronger, Ke'Undre. Become stronger than me. Protect those who are close to you."

Dre nodded as he took the sword.

"Whenever we can truly begin training, I want you to-" A loud buzzing sounded off through the endless world. "What's that noise? Is that a phone?"

He woke with a gasp; the phone on his headrest was buzzing . Fear invaded his mind as he reached for his phone. He rarely got any phone calls, especially so early in the morning. Whenever he did, it was Samantha telling him what he was going to wear at school. Dre was somewhat relieved once he saw that it was from an unknown number. He answered, "Dave's crematorium; you kill 'em, we grill 'em. This is Eight-ball."

"Ke'Undre? Is that you?"

"Kimmy?" That was the last person that he had expected to hear. Not only that, but he didn't remember even giving her his number. "What's going on? Are you okay?"

"Y-yes," she began hesitantly, "but Megumi told me what happened when you two left. She told me that you guys were attacked by Southern Amians. I was so worried about you when we hadn't heard from you."

Crap. I forgot to let her know that we got back safely. Then again, I didn't have her number.

"Don't worry, Kimmy, I'm all good. Just a bit shaken up. How'd you get my number, anyway?"

"Megumi gave it to me." Kimmy gave a sigh of relief. "I'm just glad that you're okay. Although, I wished that you could've been the one to give me your number." She gasped before quickly saying, "Gotta go. See you at school."

She hung up, leaving Dre confused.

~~~~~

Michael quickly perked up as he felt something vibrate against his arm. He cradled the handle of his pistol under his futon, scanning the small room for any intruders. Instead, he only heard Keiko's soft snoring. Rising himself up in a sitting position, he slid the pistol from under the futon and looked over to the bed. Keiko was sprawled across the small bed, drool streaming from the corner of her mouth. He gave a sigh of relief as he replaced the gun and looked at his phone. Relax Michael. No one's going to harm her here. It was seven o'clock, just enough time to get ready for school. "Keiko?" he said softly as he gently nudged her. "Wake up. It's almost time for school."

Keiko blinked her eyes partially open before giving him a wide grin. "Good morning, Michael," she said drowsily.

"Good morning." He smiled as she sat up. "Wipe the sleepy from your eyes. We've got to get ready for school. I'll go and help Ms. Jackson with breakfast." She nodded, gathered up her clothes, and made her way out of the room. Michael stretched before leaving the room himself.

Once in the kitchen, he saw Ms. Jackson hunched over the stove cooking eggs. "Do you need any help?"

She quickly turned to Michael. Her eyes and hair were gray, her skin dark and wrinkled. She smiled as she said, "Sure. Can you grab the bacon from the fridge?"

"Yes, ma'am." He went to the small, mostly empty refrigerator and grabbed the package of bacon and the carton of orange juice. "Keiko and I may be out late again today."

"That's all right, sugar," she said smiling. "I'll make sure that dinner's ready for you by the time you get back. Does spaghetti sound good to you?"

"Anything sounds good so long as you cook it, Ms. Jackson," Michael said with a grin.

"Such a kind young man," she said as she pinched his cheeks. "Oh, that reminds me. I've got a present for you in the living room. It's on the table in the living room."

Perplexed, he thanked her as he walked to the living room. On the table were two small rectangular box, one black with his name on it and one pink with Keiko's name. Picking it up, he observed the golden crucifix resting inside the case. The chain looked much too short to wear around his neck. He walked back to the kitchen. "Thank you Ms. Jackson, but I'm afraid that it's too small to wear."

She laughed as she grabbed the cross. "It's not to wear around your neck. I've noticed that you always wear crosses on your clothes, but you don't have one on your choker." Ms. Jackson wrapped the base of the necklace around the studded dog collar and connected it with the clasp. "I've got it imported from Italy. It's been told to be blessed with holy water to deter demons and provide good luck."

Michael observed the crucifix by its bottom. He could feel its influence radiating from the golden jewelry. "I like it. Thank you."

"It's no problem at all, dear child. Just promise to stay sweet." She patted his arm. He nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54 2 18
King Drogg has made a fatal mistake. He's declared war on the Elven Step and thrown the entire Third Realm into chaos. The elves look to the fae for...
268K 10.6K 49
The first part from The Elements series. Meet Shadow Renoir. She's in her last year in high school and she's one of those kid you see in the hallway...
14.2K 346 50
"No!" He yelled, making me jump back a bit. "I am the Alpha of Phoenix Moon! I am not a victim! I am fine." "Atlas, listen to me." I wept. I went to...
Elementals By Katrine

Science Fiction

97K 3.9K 40
[UNEDITED] In the year of 3204, the people on Earth are at war with aliens from Mars, human-alike beings with supernatural powers. Over the last thou...