Stubborn Love (Smosh Fanfic)

By rac06h10ael

==COMPLETED== All of Genny's life, she had no idea that at the age of twenty-three she'd have a child to take... More

+ [Chapter 1] The Only Problem
+ [Chapter 2] Just Tell Him Already
+ [Chapter 3] Run In with Kalel
+ [Chapter 4] Lunchtime with Smosh
+ [Chapter 5] Never Would've Shown Up
+ [Chapter 6] Is He Mine?
+ [Chapter 7] Play House
+ [Chapter 8] Lessons Learned
+ [NEW Chapter 9] I Did It
[Chapter 10] At The Park
[Chapter 11] The Date
[Chapter 12] Nothing At All
[Chapter 13] All Alone
[Chapter 14] Going Back
[Chapter 15] Aunt Bailey's Funeral
[Chapter 16] No Where or Any Time
[Chapter 17] It's A Mystery
[Chapter 18] Lucky Them
[Chapter 19] Ultimatum
[Chapter 20] Bad Things to a Nice Girl (Short Chapter)
[Chapter 21] Four Words
[Chapter 22] Three Important People
[Chapter 23] Lunchtime with Smosh; Part Two
[Chapter 24] Weddings are Stressful
[Chapter 25] Let's Go GDO
[Chapter 26] Can't Win This Time
[Chapter 27] Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
[Chapter 28] The Big Day
[Chapter 29] Back to Old Habits
[Chapter 30] Give Her Some Space
[Chapter 31] Timeless
[Chapter 32] The Arrangement
[Chapter 34] What Happened After Ash's Birthday
[Chapter 35] You're Invited
[Chapter 36] Second Time For Everything
[Chapter 37] Looking Back
AUTHOR'S NOTE REGARDING EDITING

[Chapter 33] Ash's First Birthday

327 5 0
By rac06h10ael

-Genny's POV-

Anthony's mom seemed to love having Ash over. Unfortunately, he wasn't asleep when I'd drop him off (it was his new thing to stay up late and push people's buttons, specifically my buttons). But that didn't upset Ms. Padilla, she grabbed him right out of the carrier and began to play with him, pulling out old toys she had for her children.

I think she just missed being a mom whose children needed her for things. And she was using Ash to fill that void.

But one day, there was a...complication, so to speak. It was Ash's First Birthday. Tiffany and I were planning things out over the phone a week before his actual birthday. Her side of the story hasn't been going well at all. Ian doesn't even talk to her anymore. She took it harder than usual.

"So, who do you think we should invite?" I inquired. "I want it to be small."

She seemed tired and or drunk, because she always was slurring her sentences. "Why not...just you and me? We don't...need anyone...else."

"Yeah, but I don't know if I should invite Anthony or Ia..."

"NO!" She shouted through the phone. I threw my phone down in shock of the loudness. From the speaker, I could hear her still screaming. "DON'T INVITE THOSE TWO DOUCHEBAGS! THEY'LL JUST CAUSE FUCKING TROUBLE."

I picked my phone up when I thought it was safe to. "Tiffany?"

"What." She replied moodily.

"I don't want to either. But Anthony's Ash's dad and..."

"So? He doesn't need to come. He yelled at you; he had no right to."

"But..."

"No, Genny. You're not inviting them."

"What about Ian? He is my best guy friend!"

"Uh, if you invite that dick, I'm going to not show up."

I rolled my eyes, "Come on, Tiffany. You don't have to talk to..."

"No! I refuse to be in the same room as him!"

I threw the pen I was holding in my hand at the wall and ended the call with her. I crossed my arms and sat with my legs towards my chest on the dining room chair.

I looked over at Ash who was playing with the buttons on the wii remote that must've fallen off of the mantle. I sighed. Why did he have to brought into the craziness I call my life? Hell, he caused all of it. But I'm not mad at him, it's me who can't find the power to love someone back.

"Hey, Ash!" I walked over and picked him up. "How about you and me go to the park and you can swing on the swings?" I needed a break and the park was one of Ash's favorite places.

He threw his arms up in the air and screamed, "SWING!"

I laughed and got my bag. We walked out of the apartment and down to the car. I put him in his seat and closed the door. My eyes glanced over to another couple, who was swinging their child in their arms. I turned around in jealousy and got in the driver's seat.

*****

I ended up inviting Ian against Tiffany's requests. I didn't tell her though. So hopefully she'll stay once she's here.

The party was on a Sunday evening, because that's the only night I didn't have to go to work. I was putting a little party hat on Ash while Tiffany was rearranging the presents on the table. And shaking them to see what I got him.

The door knocked and Tiffany immediately jerked her head to the side. "Who could that be?"

"The pizza guy?" I asked as I got up. I walked over to the door and opened it. It was Ian...with Anthony. My smile turned into a frown.

"Hey, Genny." Ian said, walking past me. I noticed he was holding three wrapped gift boxes.

I could hear Tiffany gasp. "Oh hell to the fucking no." She remarked, "I'm not staying here!" Before she could leave, I put my arm out and turned my head towards her.

"You're staying." I told her.

She crossed her arms stomped her foot. "I hate you."

"I hate you too." I replied playfully, though she most likely meant every word that she said. I averted my attention back to Anthony. He was still in the hall and had his hands in pockets, looking at the floor.

I closed the door behind me. "What are you doing here?"

He glanced up at me, "I'm here to celebrate my child's birthday. What else would I be doing?"

"I didn't invite you."

"Well I wasn't not going to wish my kid a happy first birthday!"

I crossed my arms. "I didn't invite you," I repeated.

"I know about you dropping Ash off at my mom's house when you go to work." He changed the subject. I looked up at him. "I found out when she sent us to bed at eight and I heard baby laughter from downstairs." He put his hands on his hips, "You know, what happened to me seeing my kid without my mom refusing to let him go? Or me coming to your house to see him?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"You know, I really hate how all of this had to happen."

"I'm sorry, Anthony!" I shouted. "I don't know how to be loved!"

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU'RE LOVED BY EVERY FUCKING BODY IN THAT APARTMENT!?! AND PROBABLY EVERYONE IN THIS WHOLE FUCKING BUILDING!" He yelled at me.

"Because, Anthony, not once in my life have I been loved, truly loved until you came along." I calmly retorted. "My parents died. If they loved me they wouldn't have. Right?"

"You can't use that. People die from tragedies all the time."

"Okay then. What about my Aunt Bailey? She couldn't give a fuck about me! She was too drunk or stoned or broke. And Ethan? The guy you saw me kissing? Only dated me because he wanted me to feel better. Like you. And he broke up with me for some hotter, better person."

"No one's better than you." He comforted.

I rolled my eyes, "Just." I sighed, "I've never gotten the love back that I give out. And when you gave it back to me, in a sense, I didn't know what to do. And that's why I pushed you away."

"Then why can't you try and accept the love I'm giving to you." He took my hands in his. "Everyone wants it. You. Me. Probably even Ash."

I slipped my hands out of his grasp and turned around. "No."

"Come on, Genny!" He spun me back around.

"Let's go celebrate Ash's birthday." I avoided his request. "You know, it's his first, and I want it to be a memorable one."

He shook his head, "Whatever, Genny. I'm done." I raised my eyebrow. "I'm done trying to make things work between us. Clearly, you don't want it, so, I'm done." And he walked past me and into my apartment. "Ash!"

"Daddy!" I heard Ash squeal. I turned around and saw Anthony picking up Ash and spinning him around.

I walked in. "Who's ready for cake?"

Everyone raged in joy when I said that, despite Anthony's and my slight dispute. I pulled the small Carver's ice cream cake out of the fridge and set it down on the counter. Tiffany insisted on putting the candles in.

Ian dimmed the lights and we all sang "Happy Birthday" to Ash, who had his eyes glued to the blazing little flames on the sticks of wax.

We told him to blow them out, but he was too fascinated and entranced. So, all of us adults blew out the candles for him. Ash whimpered a little when the flames went out, but he clapped and was all happy again when he was given a piece of cake. He was so easy to amuse.

The highlight of the night was when Ash picked a chunk of his cake up and threw it at Anthony. Everyone laughed, even Anthony, and he shoved some cake in my face, which lead to a whole cake war between all of us, even Ash was involved, though he didn't really get cake thrown at him.

After cleaning up the mess we made, it was time to open presents. Anthony and Ian together got him the first ever baby-sized Smosh t-shirt and Smosh beanie. It was cute, and both pieces fit him perfectly. Tiffany got him some Lego block sets to play with. I got him a little car that he could push around. I think it was actually the bat-mobile. Clearly, none of us really knew what to get him, but he seemed happy with whatever he got. So, therefore, I was happy. And I'm sure everyone else was too.

Ian was the first one to leave, saying he and Melanie were going to a late showing of some new movie that came out. Tiffany was next one to leave, her excuse? A party. I was a little disappointed in her, I mean, she sort of forgot about the partying scene when Ian and Anthony came into our lives, but hey, things happen. And that left me, Anthony, and Ash.

Anthony tried playing with Ash and his new toys, but he constantly was glancing over at me while I was cleaning up the dishes.

He stood up and walked over to me, "Hey, I got to get going soon. I had a lot of fun tonight. I'm glad you let me stay."

"I wasn't going to send you back home." I told him, scrubbing the dried up, whipped cream frosting off of one of the plates.

He smirked, "I'll see you later, Genny."

"See you." I replied, setting the plate back in the sink. I watched as he left the apartment.

"Daddy!" Ash exclaimed, extending his hand out to the door.

I swooped him up. "Time for you to go to bed, mister."

"Daddy..." He whined, still reaching for the door.

I washed him up in the bath tub and put him in his pajamas. I put him in his crib which I noticed he was getting a little big for him. He refused to lay down, so he stood up and clung onto the rail. I got into my pajamas and slipped into bed under the covers.

"Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy!" Ash shouted on repeat. I put my pillow over my head and over my ears in attempt to drown out his rant of the same word. Soon enough, he got tired, his "daddy"s slowed down and he fell asleep. I looked over the clock and it read 3:48. I lay down on my back and tried to fall asleep.

Author's Note: Hello! This is book coming to an end soon! Only about three more chapters after this, maybe, I don't know. But one of them (the next one most likely) is going to be an update sort of chapter. Give you the scoop on what happens in like a two year time span. Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for the 700 reads, it means soooooooooooo much to me! Thank you thank you thank you! -rac06h10ael

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 491 40
Anthony has been out of love until he meets you. After meeting you, he is finally happy again. But what happens when you start to like someone else...
Spilled By grace

Fanfiction

10.5K 375 16
{CHAPTER FIC, COMPLETED, FLUFF/SLIGHT ANGST} Ian and Anthony have finally confessed their love for each other and began their wonderful journey as a...
16.7K 203 22
Anthony Padilla fangirls, you all are so going to scream the whole world down with delight as you read my fanfiction! As seen from the title, this st...
31.2K 1.6K 38
Anthony Padilla: A 24 year old, attractive, single man. He has plenty of people trying to win his heart, but he isn't interested in a relationship, a...