The Huntress Becomes the Wolf...

De heartlesstwin

I've always known I was different from the other hunters. My senses were always sharper, my sight more define... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 part 1
Chapter 42 part 2
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Update
Editor Needed!
Important Changes

Chapter 4

15K 499 53
De heartlesstwin

Chapter 4

~Lucie's POV~

Everyone had fallen asleep watching a movie I couldn't care more for. I couldn't even tell you its name. I knew it was animated and judging from the sounds, most likely a Disney movie. But my attention, it ended there. Instead I had watched the little girl laying calmly in my arms. She reminded me so much of myself that I could hardly tear my eyes away from her. I didn't dare move as I waited for the movie to finish, willing the breathing of the people around me to slow. Once I was sure everyone was asleep, I carried Tabby into my room. Placing her on the left side of the bed, I watched, bemused as she unconsciously snuggled deeper into the blankets around her. She rubbed her cheek against the soft blankets, much like a wolf showing affection to its kin. I forced myself away from the room, returning back to the living room that still housed many sleeping wolves.

Dominic was laying in the exact position I had left him in. His blonde hair was in dismay, strands flying every which way. He had one arm wrapped tightly around himself, the other dangling off the arm of the chair as if he as if he were reaching for someone. His expression was pained and before I knew it, I was stationed in front of him, tapping his shoulder lightly. He groaned at my intrusion, then proceeded to bury his head into the darkest reaches of the chair. This time I shook him, forcing him to a moderate state of alertness.

"It's time to wake up, sleeping giant. It's time to get some sleep in your own bed." I teased, lightly poking his chest. Dom opened his eyes and scanned me, quickly taking in my equally as exhausted appearance.

"I will if you do," I mentally swore, hating how easy I was to read. I hadn't truly slept in years, unable to face the countless faces of the ones I had killed.

"I can't," my voice broke as I fought back the exhaustion threatening to take over.

"Then what are you planning on doing until the sun rises? Leave the pack?" His words pricked at me, pulling at something I didn't quite understand.

"No. I just don't sleep." It was true in a sense. I didn't sleep much, getting the bare minimum of what was required.

"Looks like we've reached an impasse,"

"Just go to sleep,"

"I repeat, I will if you do,"

"But-,"

"No buts. What were you going to do all night? Wander aimlessly through the forest until sunrise? No. You need sleep. Go and I will." I wanted nothing more than to fight against his words, maybe even the man himself it would get him to give. Instead I nodded and made my way up to my room, Dominic hot on my tail.

"Goodnight. But just to let you know, I'm a light sleeper. Step out of this room, crack open the window little. It doesn't matter what you do or how quiet you think you are because I will be there. I'll be in here faster than Santa's reindeer on Christmas Eve." I didn't fight the smile that crossed my face as Dom's true colors finally began to show.

~☾~

I should have known getting Tabby to school wasn't going to be easy. We had already reached the preschool by the time she decided to mention that she no longer went to preschool, but was instead in an entirely different school. Kindergarten. Needless to say, Tabby and I scrambled to get to the building, a building that just so happened to be on the other side of town. We made it there, nevertheless, minutes before her school began. A lady stood in front of the school entrance, her arms folded a crossed her dark orange sweater. Kid's continued to fill in around us, some even pushing me forward with their massive oversized backpacks. As I approached her the fact that she was a werewolf quickly became evident. She smelled like pack, but the way she was staring at me had squirming under her gaze.

I hadn't talked with anyone that hadn't been directly introduced to me yet. Even though I knew that the lady standing in front of me wasn't a threat, she still set me on edge. Tabby and I approached her wearily, stopping a few from her expectantly.

"Hello Ma'am. My name is Lucie and you probably know this little girl here. I wanted to personally make sure she got to class on time, but I seem to be running short on time. Do you think that you could get her to class before the tardy bell rings?" The lady looked at me, her eyes widen. She cast her gaze hesitantly between Tabby and I, her eyes settling on Tabby's.

"It's okay Miss Veronica. She's a friend." Tabby's voice was smaller than I had ever heard it as she reached out and lightly grasped Veronica's hand.

"I'll pick you up after school, Tab. Do you know when you get out?"

"3:30," I couldn't help the smile from fluttering to my face as Tabby gave me a chocolate melting smile.

"I'll be back," I stepped forward, leaning down to lightly press a kiss to the top of Tabitha's head. Tabby gave me a sad smile in response, tugging at Miss Veronica's hand to show she was ready to leave.

"Can you have her out here for me at 3:40?" My tone was completely business, abandoning the motherly voice had been using only moments ago.

"Yes Luna," I started to correct her, but then accepted it, realizing that it would only be yet another waste of time.

~*~

I had nearly ran to the high school, taking no liberties with the speed of my feet. I didn't care that I was moving faster than I should have been, giving no thought to the humans that lived among the wolves here in Shadowswood. I reached the complex in record time, my heart nearly beating out of my chest from the pace I had set on my way over here.

Giggles erupted around me at my flustered appearance. My hair was in dismay, strands flying in different directions. My clothes were ruffled by the wind, my shirt hanging at an awkward angle. I readjusted it as I walked, hating the feeling of walking into yet another high school that I was being forced to attend. I knew the tardy bell was going to be ringing soon by the sheer number of people shuffling into the classes. Fastening my pace, I sped down the hallway, trying to pinpoint any werewolf that could help me.

Sitting in an enclave above the stairwell sat a girl. Her hair was in thick black curls, completing her light mocha skin. She had a floral print shirt on, her glasses positioned on the edge of her nose. I couldn't pick out the title of the book she was reading, but I knew it had to be good because of the fact she hadn't noticed my approach.

"Where's the main office?" I'd abandoned any notion of small talk, getting to class on time being the only thing on my mind. She quickly snapped her head up, pushing her glasses up before replying.

"It's downstairs. It's the first door on the right, Luna," Luna? Why does everyone insist on giving me the title before I had even accepted the position?

"What's your name?"

"Zorra King,"

"See ya at lunch, Zorra. I could use a friend around here...," I trailed off thinking about my failed attempt at a friendship with Alayah and Hayleigh.

"Did I do something wrong? Because I honestly don't want anything to do with the Alpha. I mean he's a cool Alpha and all but he's still his-,"

"You didn't do anything wrong. Why would you think that?"

"People like you don't associate with people like me," I understood her meaning entirely. During my first few years working undercover I had heard many people say the exact same thing to me. The only difference was, now I wasn't trying to befriend someone to kill them. Oh how times had changed.

"You're going to be taking away my self-proclaimed title of 'Loner' you know," her voice was light, sensing my apparent mood change. I plastered a smile on my face, one that didn't quite reach my eyes. She started backing away, shooting me a smile as the click of her cowgirl boots filled the hallway.

"We can be loners together!"

"You can't be a loner with someone else, Luce. Kind of defeats the purpose."

"Guess you'll just have to man up to the challenge then, huh?" I teased back, a sense of calm beginning to spread through me.

"Challenge. Accepted." I rolled my eyes, chuckling as I began following the directions King had just given me. The tardy bell rung just as I had my hand grasped around the handle of the office door. I then groaned, pushing it open in dismay. Looks like I won't be receiving any gold stars for being on time today. Oh well.

The lady sitting behind the front desk was a sharp contrast to the woman who had awaited me at Tabby's school. This woman had bleached blonde hair and a tight pastel shirt that most definitely broke every school regulation imaginable. Her fingers had a fake French manicure and her skin was tanned nearly a carrot orange. I wanted to look away from the fake figure in front of me, who currently was attempting to flirt with someone. She had her boobs thrust out and was twisting a strand of hair around one of her fingers playfully.

I cleared my throat, not caring for the disturbing fractionation that was partaking in front of my very eyes. The man's eyes shifted towards mine at the intrusion, and I let out an audible groan of frustration at the familiar sight of him. It just had to be him, didn't it?

"And there she is, my Lucie," I suppressed a growl, instead going for a silent glare. Casey's laugh surprised not only me, but the fake girl as well.

"Are you kidding me? This was the girl you were saving yourself for? The girl you TURNED ME DOWN FOR?" She was hysterical, her arms flailing in every direction. I took a defensive step back, my fingers instantly reaching for my knife holster that was for once not strapped to my thigh.

"Do not ever speak to her that way again," his words were cold, vibrating in the silence of the air around us. I heard a gulp and then I watched as she bowed her head in submission.

"I don't want any trouble. If you give me my schedule, I'll be on my way." She snapped her head up at the sound of my voice. She was in action seconds later as she frantically searched the stacks of paperwork piled on her desk.

I grabbed the schedule from the lady's hand before Casey had time to reach for it. The door slammed shut behind me as I forced my way out of the room. I'd rather be anywhere but with Casey right now.  When I felt like I was a safe distance from the office, I looked down at my schedule, thankful that I had remembered to call the principle to register for classes before I went to sleep last night. It took me a few moments to realize that the classes on my schedule weren't the ones that I had signed up for. Sensing Casey's familiar presence behind me, I spun around to confront him before I could stop myself.

"Change them back!" I screamed, literally rubbing my schedule in his face. My actions left no room for interoperation as such. He growled, tearing the paper away from his face in a blur, giving off a somewhat annoyed yet still surprisingly cocky demeanor.

"When I woke up this morning I envisioned something else of yours being rubbed in my face. I sure as hell wasn't imagining it like this." I huffed storming off in a random direction.

"You're being impossible!"

"You're going the wrong way,"

"I hate you,"

"You can't because I'm your mate," it was my turn to shoot him an annoyed look, mentally counting all the ways I could kill him in thirty seconds or less. He wiggled his eyebrows at me and this time I didn't restrain myself from hitting him.

"Ow you punch like a man!"

"Here I thought I was getting a big strong Alpha as a mate. I guess I just got a wimpy little wolf who can't handle getting hit by a girl." The words had barely left my mouth before he had me pinned against the lockers. My breathing sped up, coming in heavy pants. His eyes drifted to my lips as he pressed himself flushed against me. A wanton desire flooded my veins and I couldn't help but let my own eyes drift to his slightly chapped lips. Just as fast as it started it was done. Casey stood watching me for a few seconds, waiting for me to process what had just happened. When I did I pushed passed him, the sound of his chuckling still reaching my ears.

"Just lead me to first hour. We don't need to be any later than we already are." I grumbled, snatching back the schedule from his hand. This time he let out a full time laugh, swinging his arm around me as we walked in the direction I could only assume our class was in. I only hoped that people didn't get the wrong idea about Casey's arm around me. We weren't dating. In fact, I didn't know if we ever would.

   ~☾~

~Darcy's POV~

I stared awestruck at the audacity of the people around me. These were the Elders of my people, the people we were supposed to turn to in times of need. I had never once questioned the Caspian Council that is until now. The members of the council were situated in a circled around the room. They each sat in throne like chairs that were stationed at mathematical intervals around the room. I did not have fond memories of the council, I did however, hold it in high esteem.

"What do you mean no one is going after Lucie? She's no better than a common criminal! She must be stopped!" My voice rose with each word, anger becoming an almost tangible force around me. My parent's stood next to me, each one giving me a look with a varying degree of disappointment.

"She will come back Darcidian. They always do." The naivety astounded me. She was as good as gone. Why would she return to us if not to destroy us?  

"She knows everything! She's a threat to the Organization! She could have werewolves assembled outside our door and every other Hunter Compound in North America at any second!"

"Do you hear the sound of wolves at our door? Does the air reek of wolven filth? I think not. You'd do best to know your place here boy. We called this meeting to order based solely on lineage. You are the son of Anteagian Davis and grandson to Malcom Davis? Are you not next in line to run the Davis Compound?"

"None of that has anything to do with the fact that you are letting a potential threat run free with our mortal enemies? She probably already has a mate! Why would she leave him for us? What do we have to offer her?"

"We are her family," my grandfather spat, rising from his throne. The chair had our family name engraved in the backboard, a stark reminder of the sheer power our family possessed.  

"She is with her true family now," I spat, hating the very words I was spouting. By now the anger I had started to feel accumulating around me was pulsing in my veins, making me feel more alive with each passing second. Not one of the members of the council had agreed with me. If they weren't going to help me, I wasn't going to stay here.

"You know what? Screw destiny! If you won't help me find Lucie, I'll find her myself."

"If you leave the Hunters we won't accept you back."

"You won't have a choice," there wasn't an ounce of fear in my words. For once in my life I was doing something I needed to do, not just following orders of what others told me needed to be done. I was branching off onto my own path, one that would either lead to Lucie's destruction, or my own.

~

 __________________________________________________

Edited as of 10/3/14. There is also a new banner for this chapter as well, featuring one of my favorite characters, Darcy! I hope you all enjoy this new edited and rewritten version! More chapters will still to be edited and will continue to be edited even after they all bare editing dates! Remember to comment people, it really inspires me to write new chapters, not just edit these older ones! But the choice is still yours, hint hint, wink wink...

*Name edit 5/31/2016,  Sarcashian Council has been changed to the Caspian Council.*

Peace and Chocolate,

~Kali

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

5.8K 326 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...
1.5M 43.8K 28
*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaze over my ill silhouette. "Look at me." ...
28.8M 881K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
1.1M 30.6K 33
A secret hybrid. A charming Alpha. Mates. What could go wrong? ************************************** Brooklyn Jones is a hybrid. Her mother was the...