The Hidden Maiden

By wischerandrea

"Stop struggling and submit to me. Or I'll make you," he whispered beside my ear with a deadly tone. "I will... More

Author's Note (please read!)
Chapter 1 - Victoria Dunham
Chapter 2 - The girl in the shadows
Chapter 3 - What our hearts desire
Chapter 4 - The girl of your dreams
Chapter 5 - The birthday party
Chapter 6 - A mistaken encounter
Chapter 7 - The Victim
Chapter 8 - Conflicting Feelings
Chapter 9 - Training to be pack warrior
Chapter 10 - Shed new light
Chapter 11 - Crimson butterflies
Chapter 12 - Jumpy heart
Chapter 14 - Fate is fickle-minded
Chapter 15 - The Nest
Chapter 16 - The Revelation
Chapter 17 - Reborn
Chapter 18 - She's gone
Chapter 19 - Dia
Chapter 20 - The Outsider
Chapter 21 - Tomorrow
Chapter 22 - Half Brothers
Chapter 23 - The strange wolf
Chapter 24 - Something to fight for
Chapter 25 - Back to square one
Not an update
Chapter 26 - Black of hair
Chapter 27 - His destiny
Chapter 28 - You're mine
Chapter 29 - Stay with me
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 13 - Young love

6.9K 252 11
By wischerandrea

Lewis's POV

The air was thick and the forest clouded with fog under the moonlight. The stillness almost suffocating. A shadow moved from the corner of his eyes. He snapped his head towards it and saw the lady with dark, long straight hair, almost midnight blue under the light. They were decorated with metal head chains across the back of her head. Her soft white silky dress embroidered with lace and sheer material reached below her ankles, and a fine white coat hung on her shoulders loosely. With the slim dress flowing behind, she almost seemed gliding gracefully along the snowy ground. Every silent step she took only amplifies the light jingling sound of her bracelet. Curious as to who she is, he called out to her and she immediately froze. She turned painfully slow around and....

I shot up from my bed, completely awake. My shoulders heaved up and down, the rhythm aligning with my rapid breathing. I ran my hand down my face and realised I was sweating from my dreams. Damn it this again. I've been having this recurring dream ever since that day. Not everyday, but frequent enough to be vivid. My head felt heavy as I splashed my face with cool water from the sink. I looked into the mirror and the image of the lady flashed across my mind again. I still don't know who she is and I'm positive I've never met someone of her description before. So why does she keep appearing in my dreams? One thing's for sure was that she's important. Is she friend or foe? If she really is my predestined mate, where can I find her?

I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth in frustration. My time is running out. The alpha king's plan would come true if this goes on. I dismissed the thought and did my normal morning routine. I was supposed to help out with some of the pack's desk work today, according to him I needed to share his burden. After I dressed, I went over to my nightstand where I last left my watch. Then I noticed the small toy duck beside it and yesterday's event flooded into my mind.

*Flashbacks*

We walked down the busy street after an early lunch. I had previously "asked" her out when I drove her home after her practice. Ok maybe more like ordered her. Under the pretense of trying to get Oliver to give up on her of course. Though she didn't seemed pleased at first, but I could tell she didn't hated that idea either. She looked stunning in that dark blue romper. Yasmine really did a great job when I asked her to choose the outfits for her. 

Looking around aimlessly, I turned to ask Victoria a question, but she wasn't there anymore. My heart did a flip and I quickly scanned the place for that familiar face.

"Would anybody like to join? We need three more contestants! Prizes to be won!"

And there she was. She caught sight of me and waved me over eagerly.

"Let's play this! I like this!" she said once I was in hearing distance and pointed to what seemed like a mobile arcade in a big truck. There were 4 or 5 arcade basketball machines lined up in the truck. Before I could respond..

"Here! Two of us!" She pulled me up the retractable stairs and the humans clapped soullessly. I scowled at her and she laughed nervously.

"Very good! Now, rules are the same. The highest scorer for this round gets our grand prize!" I don't know what his name was so let's just call him Bob. Bob told us to get into positions and counted down. "You have 5 minutes. 3..2..1.. START!" We immediately started throwing the basketballs into our hoop. The little boy at the end giggled happily while his father helped him threw the ball. Victoria concentrated on her score with a broad smile etched on her face. I guess I should try my best too. 

Before I knew it, she was now beside me cheering me on, shouting incoherently, stomping her feet like a fat kid wants cookie. It took every itch of me not to burst out laughing. I snickered and looked briefly over her score board. Her timer was up and score.. 74. I refocused on my own game until the score reached 389 for a slight pause between the rounds. I checked the score beside me and the guy was close behind. The buzzer signalling the last round went off and I resumed shooting quickly, the competitive side of me came out. I ended with 611, while the other one with 575. She jumped up and down excitedly while swinging my arm and Bob passed me a big unicorn plush toy and her a toy duck as consolation prize. The heat was killing me at this point.

"Congratulations. Your boyfriend's really good at this uh?" Bob said to her. We looked at each other awkwardly and exited the truck without answering. She hugged her arms uncomfortably, her gaze glued to the floor. I pushed the unicorn towards her for her to take. She shyly took it and cuddled it, a wide smile plastered on her face. She handed me the toy duck in return. I tossed it a few times before thanking her.

*Flashbacks*

The toy duck stared back at me as I chuckled, squeezing it in my palms. I didn't knew I would see these sides of Victoria. I wore my watch and jogged down to the alpha king's office with only one thing on my mind. Her.

Victoria's POV

I was in Megan's room, browsing through her clothes in her walk-in-closet for something decent to wear. It was the third date with Lewis and I had told him to not leave any more clothes for me. I couldn't stand receiving gifts from loaded ass people. The girls watched me choose as I went through her endless closet.

"Good lord you're taking forever. Move aside lady," Megan interrupted. She grabbed this and that and within a minute, a complete outfit was laid on her bed. A racer crop top, denim shorts and a blue/red flannel shirt over. Perfect. I'm just gonna pair them with my timberland boots. I thanked her quickly before taking off with the clothes.

"You really think this is a good idea?" Megan stopped me. "We know we had asked you before to forgive him and get a closure. But this..?" Heather added for her. I sighed and sat back down.

"I get it.. he hit me before but he's been trying..! I thought he at least deserves a second chance..?" I said unsure. "Besides, it's only fair for me the return the favour. Considering he had rescued me before. Anyway all this is just his stupid resolution to spite Oliver. And I'm just playing along." I shrugged.

"We're just worried for you Vic.. who knows what would set off his trigger?" Heather advised. I nodded solemnly. They looked at each other.

"I know babe. We'd hate to burst your bubble too. Alright.. C'mon let's get your hair done." She said after a while. "Really??" I asked.

"Yup. After all, it's been a while since we saw you this happy." Megan smiled wistfully while she played with the ends of my hair. Was I really that obvious? My cheeks turned hot. After styling my hair and applying a tad bit of make up, I was ready to go...

And again, I was halted by my mother. She knew about me going out with Lewis too, from the pack's gossip I presume. I had pleaded her to keep it from my dad. I don't even want to imagine what will happen. Luckily for me, and Lewis, he's a busy man with his businesses with the humans and all. No doubt the truth will come to light sooner or later. Hopefully later.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" she said once I was pulled to her room.

"Mom..." I grunted in annoyance and shot a look saying 'can we not talk about this now'.

"Honey why would you want anything to do with him? Anyone is better than a guy who hits a girl!" she said seriously.

"He's.. He's just different ok mom?" I sounded harsher than I intended. No one had seen Lewis the way I did. So why are they judging him so critically?

"I-I'm sorry. I know you're all worried about me but I'm fine..! I'm a big girl now. I can protect myself." I smiled, trying to assure her. She only sighed and shook her head disapprovingly. That reminded me. Oh god Keith! He'd go mad if he learn of this news. I think he already knew, but kept it to himself. I shivered at the thought of him getting angry at me. Shit.. I've made everyone I love angry at me.

"I'm glad you know that. Promise you will take care of yourself?" she frowned. I nodded wordlessly before she finally let me go. I let out a relieved sigh, thankful that the conversation was over.

~~~~~~~~~

"Would you hurry up?? Look! The queue is getting longer!" I pulled a long face unattractively. The more he chuckled mockingly, the more annoyed I was. The queue for the Texas Twisters was indeed increasing rapidly. Yes, we were at a carnival! One of my favourite places. It was filled with people tonight and it was loud and vibrant. 

In a short span of time we had already covered all the rides, but I made it a point to retake all those rides again. Although I do feel slightly lightheaded in the end but I still loved it. Why of all people, do I have to have anaemia? Megan's clothes were also a little loose fitting since I was all skin and bones. I pouted disappointingly. Lewis must have saw it for he came towards me smiling.

"That can wait. I'm hungry. You look like you could use some yourself. C'mon." He pulled me towards the popcorn carts and the cotton candy carts. They looked really vintage and cute. Once we reached the front of the line, the old man behind them greeted us with a smiley face. His back slouched and his movements were slow, but that's ok we have time. I felt warm and fuzzy inside - if my grandfather was still alive right now, I supposed he wouldn't be that different. The only regret I had was not being able to love and honour my grandparents as their granddaughter before they passed from this world. It's a pity I never got to meet them. Lewis brought me back to from my reminiscence and gave me the cotton candy.

"You seem deep in thoughts." It sounded like a question. "Yeah sort of.." I was ready to pour my heart out, only to find him distracted from whatever that's behind my back.

"Hold this." He shoved the popcorns into my arms and I took them quickly before they fell. 

Suddenly, sparks flew and fireworks erupted in the sky. We stood there, rendered speechless at the spectacular brightness. Then I felt his hands touching mine slightly, wanting to hold it. I knew we held hands before but this felt different. Like it felt like a couple thing right now. I avoided his contact and strolled away with him behind me. He jogged up to me and some girls passed by and gawked at him or made funny noises. I didn't took note before but many girls did the same to him. I looked at him and he was looking forward with his hands in his jeans pocket. His eyes wasn't diverting. Not even a millisecond.

"Are you ok?" He stared at me. I know we can't do this because we have our own mates we have yet to met. And he would one day find that special someone to love and care for.

"Victoria?" My name sounded so right from him. I've been having his full attention to myself all this while. Moon Goddess, just this once? Let me be selfish.

Then I turned to him and kissed him. On the lips. He tensed immediately and I took a peek to see his eyes wide opened. I broke away and looked at him curiously. Was it that bad?

 Then he caught me by surprise when he scooped me into his arms and kissed me deeply and hungrily. I returned just as intensely. After we broke apart, I blushed at the realisation of what I just did. His strong arms were still tightly wrapped around my waist, and I blushed furiously. He leaned into my ears and said to me with a raspy voice.

"Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...
239K 5.2K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
654K 34.2K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...
2.2K 94 17
This is a world where power and dominance stand above anything and everything else. This is a world where you don't want to run around in the dark. ...