Hereafter (GxG) editing

By unsurreal

Would you dare love a vampire who seems to be caught up and tied to someone from her past? Even if that someo... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Part Two: Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
10 - Mountain
Chapter 10.5
Part Three: Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Part Four: Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 29.5
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
(UPDATE!)Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue 1

Part One: Chapter 1

2.1K 49 24
By unsurreal

■■■

.--.

Monday in Collinscean University starts the first day of another school year. Some are the seniors who are very much excited to cross the finish line and start creating their life, doing the career they love. And the ones that almost matches their anticipation for the graduation, are the freshmen. . .some are terrified though. Starting college is not just being introduced to a new environment and school, but also, you need to know how to do your laundry. Your mom won't be around all the time anymore. Students are leaving their homes to study and to one day pursue their dream job.

Ehem, let's cut to the real deal. Whilst every freshies are having extremities with their emotions, this girl in black and grey turtle neck sweater just came out the door of her apartment. A bigger guy called her brother hugged her for the nth time, wishing her good luck.

Autumn has long Ash Brown hair done with perfect waves, thanks to her older brother. "You're sweating more than me, Kyle." She giggled and teased her duplicate sibling.

"Of course! I wouldn't want you to have a bad start in college like I had three years ago." Kyle in green fitted shirt tucked his invisible long hair behind his ear.

"Oh shut up," Autumn laughed. "I gotta go, just chill alright?"

Kyle dropped it and said their 'adios' once again and finally allowed her to leave the apartment. Being the good bro he is, he volunteered to give her boyish sister's new apartment a little make-over. On the other hand, Autumn started walking along the streets of Maliard towards her new learning station, not bothering to hire a cab. Deciding to walk seems a good idea for her so she can start familiarizing with the area since she will be here for the next four years. The distance will only take her up to 15 minutes, "That's like only three to four songs." She thought to herself then proceeded to enjoy the melody and the voice of Halsey in Strange Love.

After Autumn passed the security, giving them a peek of the inside of her handbag, she traveled under the trees leading to her course's department. She got inside the enormous building. Group of friends are walking in different directions, obviously thrilled of the whole 'First day of freshmen' setting. Lucky them, she thought. Her best friend wanted to study in Collinscean University with her but the parents insisted that she will study abroad instead.

Autumn shook her head in nostalgia and proceeded to her assigned locker. She unlocked and loaded it with some of the things she won't need for the day. One by one, she arranged her books and clear notes inside when a boy bumped into her really hard, causing her books to scatter. The boy seems nervous and embarrassed to look at her for he was running in full sprint and wasn't really looking. He frantically apologized, "I'm so sorry."

Autumn was going to say that it's fine but while he is backing away, he bumped again into another girl. Autumn's eyes darted from the guy to the girl that is wearing what seems to be a softball uniform. The athletic girl has intense dark green eyes that seems to sparkle as if it is the rarest pair of eyes. Flush pink lips and spotless face.

Green eyed looked at the freshman boy with piercing glare and spat, "Watch where you're going, kid."

He was more scared of the second victim of his dorkiness than Autumn. Again, he apologized and fled the area.

Autumn and the green eyed are left looking at each other, both wondering why the other is looking. When the green eyed beauty completely registered Autumn's eyes in her memory, it was like seeing the sun again after a century of darkness. She saw something warm and in-explainable but she was certain to describe it as beautiful. Although the attraction is mostly one sided at the moment, Autumn will not deny the strangeness painted on the girl's face, and how she makes Autumn expect college to be more interesting now.

Autumn opened her mouth then closed it, unsure of what to say. When the girl looked down her feet, she spoke, "Aren't you going to pick that up?" Then she walked away, leaving Autumn and her scattered things on the floor.

"Note, College 101: People are rude, help is unattainable." She told herself just like the weirdo she is, then started picking up her things.

After Autumn arranged everything, she started to look at the map her brother drew her so she wouldn't get lost. Though she cringed a little due to the very poor illustration. She isn't sure if the map will really help her, the hallways are done with distortion. Autumn giggled and followed the red line on the piece of paper anyway.

"Media Communication and Ethics." She read to herself from another paper she is holding. It is the subject she is first going to attend. At least for her, it's not maths. She may be an honored student but she never liked maths, she doesn't even want to look at it. It's disrespectful to the human mind and more annoying than Donald Trump. Calculus almost slayed her back in senior days, luckily, she managed to pass it. With her will of attaining a rigid high grading list. It paid off, she was given half scholarship.

Stopping in front of a classroom and peeking inside, there were just few students seated. She's a little early. Taking a deep breath and seeing herself in a penthouse, cooking Italian dinner and under the sun in Bora Bora with her yacht being driven by her personal captain. Do well in another four years of imprisonment, and you'll earn that future. She motivated herself.

.00.

The not so much agonizing hours ended. It went smoothly for her than most for she already demonstrated the whole class how much she knows in Media Ethics. Along with the others who grabbed their book sack, Autumn headed out the door. But before she can completely leave the premises, the professor called for her. Lifting her eyebrows and smiling to him, she asked. "Yes?"

"You're the little Autty," The professor in a man bun smiled eagerly, making Autumn uncomfortable and lost for a second. "We haven't done a formal and personal introduction yet," He held out his hand and Autumn shook it. "I'm professor Arone, your bro's little secret."

Taking Autumn by surprise, she flashed a wide smile. "Oh my god, it's you!? You're the Arone?"

They both laughed, "Yeah," he shrugged, "I can't believe to finally meet you."

Brushing her hair back, she complimented. "He's right. You really are handsome."

"I doubt that, he's the good catch."

"What can I say," Autumn giggled again, "This is awesome."

She always knew about Kyle's boyfriend but he never really showed her how Arone looks. Kyle and Arone met in the same University when he moved in town first. Autumn and Arone only had a few things to say to each other before a girl in flannel with its sleeves folded to the elbow, matched with bonnet and combat boots, interrupted.

"Hi I'm Zoeey Lipton, I wasn't able to attend your class-"

It was all Autumn heard when she decided not to eavesdrop but instead stand there a little awkward. Arone and Zoeey is having a conversation but she couldn't just leave right? She's just gonna wait until the attention is back to her so she can leave properly.

Another moment, Arone dismissed the Zoeey girl and told Autumn to see her around. They both nodded and went different directions. With Autumn turning her heels, Zoeey looked at her a with a bit of panic as she will be left alone. Zoeey decided to catch up and pat her shoulder. She asked as a conversation starter, "Is he you brother?"

Autumn smiled, "I wish, he's pretty cool right?"

"And good looking too. Sucks though he's gay." Zoeey pouted.

"You look gay yourself." Autumn giggled.

"I know, actually, I like it."

Autumn looked at her, studying her features. Blue eyes, pink lips, and eyebrows on fleek, duh. "But you're not gay aren't you?"

"Nah. I have a boyfriend."

Autumn nodded and dismissed the subject and decided to open another topic. For a second she thought she might actually date Zoeey but she's straight. She's not her type anyway. Though some straight girls really looks like a stereotypical lesbian. What is happening.

They soon sat in one of the eatery inside the University. Autumn, chewed on her sandwich and asked. "So why were you unable to attend class?"

Zoeey chewed the side of her cheek then, "Emergency, I needed to drive my brother to the hospital."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is he fine?" Sounding concerned she wiped the remains of dressing on the side of her mouth.

"He should be, mom is on her way to watch over him."

Autumn nodded, not really wanting to pry more of what happened which seems to be really serious and personal.

"By the way, that's him." Zoeey pointed to a guy wearing a blue jacket that is still able to display his body's features. Autumn assumed it's Zoeey's boyfriend. Soon he arrived, he gave his girlfriend a little kiss.

"Hi, I'm Brad." Brad shook Autumn's hand and flashes a smile. What's up with boys and girls looking like models? She thought before speaking, "Autumn."

Brad ordered himself some snack and they finished their food, exchanging a little conversation.

"So you're a junior?" Autumn asked Brad.

He nodded.

"What's this place like?"

"Well as you can see, it's pretty boring. But I don't believe the things I see around." Brad's expression turned a little serious.

Zoeey then faced Autumn secretly, mouthing her the word "Weirdooo."

Brad caught her girlfriend though, "Oh shut up, babe." Zoeey giggled while Autumn got more curious. "What do you mean?"

"I don't buy that nothing creepy happens around here. I just feel it. Anyways," He changed course, "It's mainly like high school here, lame, I know. But lesser bullies and you're on your own. Larger trades of drugs and stuff. There are still popularity labels here as well."

"You seem popular." With his body and face, Autumn doesn't think he's not well-known. Not to forget Zoeey looks gorgeous herself. They look really good together.

"I just play sport. I couldn't beat the most popular Trophy Swimmer."

"And who's that?"

"Eight."

"Eight's his name?"

"Cool." Zoeey chimed in.

"Yeah. But she's actually a girl. She's loved and hated by many. She treats her friends like puppets. Eight also have a sister who is more of a bitch than her."

"Still sounds cool to me." Zoeey commented again.

"Sound irritating." Autumn rolled her eyes.

"Just like Brad."

"Shut up your lesbian mouth." Brad a little annoyed, retorted, making them both laugh except Zoeey.

.01.

Around seven, Autumn and Zoeey's last class was dismissed. Outside the room, there awaits Brad to pick up Zoeey. He took the bag of the stereotypical gay - but not really gay - and approached Autumn while they walk towards the exit.

"Do you want to ride with us? I can drop you off as well." He offered.

Autumn lifted her hand, moving side ways and refused. "Oh no. I'm good. My apartment isn't really far."

"Aw. Are you sure?" Zoeey shook her arm, already the two of them looking like inseparable bffs.

"Yeah," Autumn gave a reassuring grin.

"Okay. But know that if ever you need one." Brad clarified just before they landed on the last stair-step, the lovers said their "Byes" and started towards the opposite direction Autumn will go.

Not a second when she was left alone, she stepped on a black binder. Her first instinct was to ignore it and avoid hassle, but still, she picked it up and turn to the first page. Written on the back of the front cover is probably the name of the owner of the notebook. Not a single sentence is written in it though, except for the name "Eight P. Hewson". Autumn immediately called back for Brad and Zoeey, when they looked back, she spoke.

"I think this might be Eight's binder. I think she dropped it." She said, shaking the binder for emphasis.

Brad looked around and not long, he spotted the devil. "Look, there she is." He pointed towards a girl who is leaning on a huge tree. Alone and with earphones plugged in her ears. "And go try to make friends with her."

Then they fled, leaving her again on her own. "What the fuck." She murmured for no particular reason. She took in a deep breath and started walking towards 'Eight.'. As she gets closer, Autumn studied her appearance that probably may give away some hints of what kind of personality she have.

Black Artsy shirt, Nike, Rayban hanging on her neck hole, plain wrist band and Rolex on her left. That's what Eight is wearing but of course Autumn can't say the brands, except point out Nike for its excellent check mark.

Now that she's close enough to recognize Eight, she realized it's the same girl in softball uniform. Eight have a Milk chocolate hair that seems to be straighter than any parallel line and lips that looks more heavenly than the first encounter. But if Brad said she is a Trophy Swimmer, why was she in the wrong uniform? Autumn thought that maybe she decided to quit the waters just this day. She shrugged it though and patted Eight's shoulder.

"Excuse me?"

Instantly, Eight looked at her with the same strange expression, as if she's trying to figure something about Autumn. The girl lifted her eyebrows. Still on fleek guhrl. Autumn almost giggled in front of her.

"I think this is yours. . ." She gave back the binder and Eight took it. Making a half smile, they stared a little longer. Autumn, starting to feel a little tense smiled pursing her lips waiting for Eight to say 'Thanks' or at least say something.

"Err. . ." Autumn lifted her hand and pointed her thumb behind her, "I should-"

Not another word, Eight held her face and moved in. Kissing her in the most sensual way that got Autumn on the edge. Without even thinking, Autumn kissed back but before the third collision of their lips happen, Eight stopped. Looking at the Ash Brown haired freshman before leaving without a single word.

Autumn's jaw fell guilty on the floor. Bewildered of what just happened. Not that she didn't like it but, was that Collinscean University's ethical way of saying 'thank you'?

Smirking and gaping at the same time, she mentally told herself again in sarcasm. Note, College 101: Do not, DO NOT help people unless you want them to kiss you. She then walked back to her place, replaying what happened and how stupid she was for kissing back.

■■■

Note:

Another story of moi~ I hope you like it and I hope I'm getting better at this. Lol. Sorry for some errors, really. Watch out for more action though. Please do leave a comment and hit like if this somehow passed the lowest of your standards. Lol good life ahead o' you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 125 36
How long would you be willing to search for your soulmate? That's a question that Cara James had to answer. When she was young she thought she would...
459K 27.7K 66
"You just love getting yourself into trouble, don't you?" Moonwitches, the rarest and most powerful beings in the entire universe. They are favored b...
277K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
39.3K 1.2K 44
Well doesn't everyone want to meet their soulmate, that one person who is made just for them... Crystal has always believed in the term 'soulmates'...