Vampire Mates

By kky_claud

"Maybe, Just maybe... this is all a big mistake." Meet Rosemarie 'Rose' Smith, the nerd. Being friends of... More

Prologue
1 - Demetri Arch
2 - Falling?
3 - So We Meet Again
4 - Another Man
5 - Venice, Italy, Pizza
6 - Mates, Pains
7 - Day One
8 - What The...
9 - Xlinx?
10 - The Strange Disappearance
11 - Kidnappers Say What?
12 - A Clone? I Prefer Doppelganger
13 - The Trouble of Going to the Hospital
14 - And that was All in One Day
15 - Just a game of Twister
17 - The Arrival
17 - The Arrival
18 - What the Hell
19 - The Vampire Realms of Alfea
Author's Note
20 - Move On?
21 - The Dress
22 - The Ball
23 - The Strange Happenings
24 - Meet Their Highnesses? More Like Meet the Parents
25 - Vampire
26 - The Return of the Lost Princess
27 - Final Choice
28 - Being Bad isn't All that Bad
29 - Don't Say Goodbye
30 - Finale
Final Words/Acknowledgements
Sneak Peak of Dark Mates - Sequel of Vampire Mates
Dark Mates, Author's Note
-the rewriting of vampire mates-
Vampire Mates - updated version
"Sunshine and Dynamite"

16 - Avoidance

25.3K 918 83
By kky_claud

Rose's Point of View

It's hard avoiding someone that you like.

Especially when he seems to be there the whole time. When I went to the park to jog, I had saw him; When I went to the nearest MacDonaldds, he was there, getting a McFlurry; When I went to the bookstore, he was getting a mythology book; Just when I was about to go up the lift, I had saw him.

It was until the point where it was creepy. Like he was stalking me. But for one thing for sure, I knew he wasn't. How would I be so sure of that?

He scowled every time he saw me. He'd srunch up his eyebrows, look frustrated and purse his lips. Even though he looked sexy when he had done that. 

I'm now laying on my stomach on top of the couch, half-heartedly watching reruns of Friends while scrolling down my facebook home page.

I saw a post of Lily and Dana by the casino in Monte Carlo, looking fabulous with their striking poses as tycoons. I double-clicked on the comment button and scanned throughout the comments. It was mostly Dana, a girl called Jessa that was in their trip and...

My heart paused and fluttered when I saw his name. 'Demetri Arch: You having a lovely time there, I suppose? ;)'  

The smile on my face faltered when I realized the flirty tone with Lily, or who knows, maybe it was directed at Dana. 

Of course, I thought bittersweetly. The bitter was because I wanted him, but knew I'd never in a million years have him; the sweet was because I wanted the best for Lily, knowing a guy like Demetri doesn't appear often. 

And what type of guy Demetri was to make him so special? 

He had been the only one that Lilly actually put her guard down for. The only boy she'd let in after ... him. The only one that managed to make her be head over heels for him. 

I clicked hesitantly on his profile, and stiffled a gasp when I saw his latest post. 

"Sometimes I wish we could reverse a terrible, horrible, yet irreversible mistake - Feeling depressed."

As I felt my heart break and torn, I cried out inaudibly, smashing my head against the pillow. Nothing made more sense than the fact that he had not liked me in the first place. 

After all, I was always the reject. 

--

"Rose?" Her soft, delicate voice called out for me, a yellow dim light reached my eyes, glimmering like little sparks. A hand rested on my shoulder, immediately giving me a safe feeling. 

"Who-who are you?" I asked, unsure. 

The woman chuckled softly, sounding a magical as - "Cranelia?" I asked, hope showing in my voice. 

"That's right," Cranelia said, grabbing my hand delicately, as if I was a fragile china doll, one that would break any time. "I heard the heartbreaker that torn your heart. Decided to pay you a little visit," She sighed, pulling me towards a dark, dark room. 

"How do you know all these things that's wrong with my life?" I asked softly as she sat me down on a soft chair. Or so I thought it was. 

"What if I said I was your guardian angel?" Cranelia quried, pushing my  chair in so my chest was ever-so slightly touching a table. Or maybe it was something else, but I doubt it.

"Then I would think you are lying because if you were my guardinan angel, you would've protected me with all your heart," I responded almost immediately.

"I would've, wouldn't I?" Cranelia said sadly. "And I would've used all my power and trength to stop that Demetri from breaking that precious heart of yours. I can't believe he even showed it out to you."

"But I appreciate the fact he doesn't like me. He'd just hurt me more at the end. Avoiding him would be nicer, actually. Just.... like him from afar, I guess," I solemnly commented. "Also, my best friend since forever - "

"That lovely girl Lily?" Cranelia asked, cutting in politely. The specks of gold were still glittering, making the atmosphere magical and soothing. 

"Yeah, her. Well, she has a crush on him. And she doesn't simply crush on people after... after..." I didn't know how to continue. 

I knew I shouldn't be talking all my problems to Cranelia, after all, I don't exactly know her, but something about her just made me feel secure, that my secrets will bee fine with her. She was like the perfect mother figure I lacked in my life. 

"After a boy crushed her heart?" Cranelia suggested, while there was the sound of stirring of a cup in the background. 

"No... he died," I muttered softly, remembering the tragical day it had happened. The day before... it was peaceful, happy, and even joyful and filled with laughter. Then the next day came, and alll our happiness seem to went away with him. 

"Oh, honey," Cranelia sorrowfully claimed, putting her hand on mine. "You see, I'd like to chat with you, really, but someone had been stupid enough to hand me a task to find the precious jems, the Heartwishes."

"Are you joking?" I laughed. 

"Yes. No," she struggled to find me an answer. "Yes, I'd love to chat with you for a longer time, and yes I have a task, but no. I'm not a digger." Cranelia explained quickly. 

"Okay then," I said sadly. It was time for me to go. "I guess I should just pinch myself and wake up and - "

"Honey, wait," Cranelia whispered, taking my hand and tucking a cold item into my hand before I could pinch myself and wake up from this amazing and magically pefect world to reality. The cruel, harsh, reality that runied my life (a/n: Ah. I would by One Direction. But reality ruined my life :D ) 

"Yes?" I asked, my voice thick with emotions flooding through me. A minute with peacefulness, but the next with rainstorm and war. "Don't tell me I have to ride a bike to that mysterious dress shop where I blacke out?" You could clearly hear the sadness in my voice, yet I was attempting to make a joke. 

Psh. Pathetic. 

Cranelia laughed lightly. "No," she said. "When you need a shouder to cry on, and when even your BFF can't even understand you sorrows, drop this liquid in your drink. You'll come to me in a zip-zap moment."

"You sure? It'll work?" I asked, unsure if this could work. 

"Are you doubting my magic skills? Honey, I am your ment-" She stopped talking.  I cocked an eyebrow. Well, I was waiting for her to proceed talking. "Nevermind me and my silly mouth. Blabber blabber, it goes. Okay, I really have to go now... so."

"Hear my call, Come by fate, Jump the opportunity, take back the mate. Fury and hurt, some joy and pain, she needs a ride, back to the hays. If mortality cease, bring her peace, by me her name goes, and for her shall she have the royal feast." She recited. 

I whispered sadly a goobye before a cold air wooshed around me. Without a second thought, I closed my eyes as I felt the warmness being replaced by cold. 

--

When I opened my eyes, it was morning. I bolted up immediately. I had been out for more than 10 hours? I checked the clock as I rubbed my eyes in disbelief. It was about 6 o' clock, which was the normal time for me to wake up. I then stared in front of me. 

My laptop was still on, the light at the top left was blinking slightly, meaning that it was in Sleep Mode.

I moved my mouse around and waited for the screen to load up. As soon as it did, I saw a post by Lily on Facebook. 

"Lily Edwardsss: I'm coming back in 2 and a half days! Demetri Arch and Rosemarie Farie, you guys coming to the airport to pick me up? I'm getting homesick!" 

I liked the post, along with 5 other people, including Demetri. I ignored him as best as I could and flickered my eyes to the list of comments. The first 4 were from Dana and Lily, complaining about when they would touch down. I rolled my eyes at them. Wouldn't they do it in person? They were bunking in the same room, after all. 

The fifth was from Demetri and it was posted in the... middle of the night? "I'll be there; anything for you guys." 

He had been smart enough to add the words 'guys' at the end, or else Dana would've been ripping Lily's hair off, saying that she was a slag (she had a British nanny) and a slut and a man-stealer. 

Yeah, man-stealer, since Demetri wasn't her boyfriend. 

I clicked on the comment box and typed out: I'll never miss it in a million years, and you know that.

I then shut down my laptop and shoved it to the side of the couch. My TV was still on and I tsked. What a waste of electricty. Just when I thought about that, I thought about Cranelia. Must've been because I remembered the specks of glowing yellow lights that resembled the looks of electricity. 

My palms were empty and I panicked. The bottle should be there. I flipped the pillow away from my lap and saw a clear glass bottle, containing a dark blue liquid, which had yellow specks of glittering sparks in them. I smiled warmly. 

Cranelia. 

Just as I was about to tuck the bottle safely into my marron bag beside me, I saw the colors change. The dark blue swirled into a bright pink color. I gasped. 

"Magic?" I asked uncertainly to no one in particular. I shook my head as I muttered bright words under my breath, shoving the bottle into the front pocket of my bag with many compartments. 

I needed fresh air, I thought dully as I tossed my hair into a loose ponytail. I discarded my sweater and revealed my bright sports bra. I looked for my white t-shirt and slipped them on, as well as change into my shorts. 

Swinging my sports bag on my shoulder, I headed out, my feet absent-mindedly slipping into my usual pair of Nike sport shoes. 

My feet padded my feet towards the elevators and saw the door closing. Muttering a shit, I shoved my leg in the middle of the closing door. 

Not a good idea. It hurts. Not much, but still caused pain. 

I walked in awkwardly and clicked on the lobby sign, before realizing the person that entered before had already pressed that button. 

I looked up to meet this magical eyes; Demetri's magical eyes. 

So much for avaoiding someone. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 840 14
When Rose shows up at Dimitri's dorm in the middle of the night crying and scared he is heartbroken. He tries to comfort her and ends up letting her...
1.8K 43 10
Averi knew she was growing to close to the humans, but nothing would have prepared her for what, or, who, would come into her live next, giving her a...
9 0 7
A student taking classes for a degree in Vampire-Human Alliances (a sociology degree) is stunned to learn that she has been placed with the most hist...
21.9K 654 23
There are two types of vampires, the good and the bad. A world where vampires are mixed with humans, vampires control humans, killing innocent human...