Lies and secrets (Bates motel)

GracefulWriter197 tarafından

what would you do if you found out that nineteen years of your life have been nothing but a total lie? Hig... Daha Fazla

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author's Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Author's Note
Chapter 12
Author's note
I'm back!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Note
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 27

1K 24 0
GracefulWriter197 tarafından

The sound of a glass breaking had suddenly awoken me in a fright. My eyes snapped open as I was met with my dark room. I sat myself up slightly; my elbows propped up onto the pillow, and waited a couple of minutes. I heard nothing. Someone must have dropped something. I shrugged it off and grabbed my phone to look at the time.

12.40am. I groaned falling flat into bed again. I closed my eyes and hoped to fall asleep soon, but I was unable to. My mind was all over the place. Everything that happened; from Norma being jailed, to my stepdad kidnapping me, to my first kiss I had with Dylan, to the box, the letter. Argh, everything was whirling inside like a hurricane. I just wanted to bash my head against the wall as if that would stop everything altogether. The constant thinking was keeping me wide awake.

When I realised sleep wasn't going to come to me anytime soon, I  decided to head downstairs to grab something to eat and watch some TV, just to ease my mind.

I removed my legs from under the covers and slid myself out of bed. Reaching the door, I gently pulled it open, hoping that no one would hear me. I instantly squinted, shielding my eyes with my hand as the light was far too bright for my eyes to adjust that quickly.

My eyesight altered after a couple of seconds. I closed my bedroom door shut and started down the quiet hallway toward the staircase. The light was on in the hallway downstairs, which meant someone else was awake.

I gripped my hand tightly around the railing, hoping not to slip down the steps, as I slowly made my way down. Reaching the bottom, I began to make my way into the kitchen. That is, until I heard yelling coming from inside the living room. I paused in my tracks. I wondered who would be fighting at this time of night. I tried to make out who it could have been, but I was unable to. Having the door fully shut, didn't make it any easier for me either.

Curiosity got the better of me. I knew it was not right and not even any of my business...but there was no harm in a little eavesdropping...right?

I slowly crept to the side of the wall. I leaned forward and pressed my ear against the door, nervously overhearing some of their conversation.

"I'm not here to cause any trouble...I'm only here to say goodbye to her please." I heard a woman cry.

An unsettling laugh was made in return. The other person began to talk but I was unable to make out what it was they were saying.

"This isn't necessary...just....please....why are you doing this... I will leave as soon as I have spoken to my daughter! Just don't do this please." The woman pleaded.

I slowly moved my ear away from the door and leaned against it. My eyes widened and my heart began to beat like crazy. Surely this wasn't real. It wasn't...it can't have been. It wasn't her...right? I felt a large lump form in my throat.

"I don't care what it is you have with her. That is between you and her, it's not any of my concern, but holding a gun to me, I have no idea what you want from me. You better drop that gun right now or so help me...I will call the police!"

My heart began thumping so loudly I was almost worried that they would be able to hear from the other side of the door. Tears began forming in my eyes hoping that this wasn't really happening. Was this real? My mum and dad fighting in the other room? Was my dad...threatening my mum...with a gun? No this wasn't right, it can't have been. I was only assuming. Maybe it wasn't and I am just hearing it wrong. For all I know it might not even be them.

A shriek came from the door behind me, causing me to jump from surprise. Unfortunately for me, I had accidentally pushed the door open, making me stumble onto the floor, revealing myself to the two people in the room.

I gasped in horror as I looked up.

"Elissa?"

The voice was all it took for me to burst into tears. I knew I was right. Deep down I had a feeling it was her. Here she was, my own mother standing in front of my very eyes. Why was she here, why now?

I was too busy realising I had been right about my mother, I had forgotten one other person in the room that was standing just behind me. That very person standing now right in front of me was definitely the last person I was expecting to see.

"N-Norman?"

Horror-struck, I looked down as he held a small gun in his hand.

"N-Norman...what are you doing?"

A sudden uneasiness grew in my stomach and felt nausea overtake me.

"Norman what are you doing? P-please...don't hurt my mother". I slowly made a step forward. Not far from him, I saw one of Norma's antiques scattered onto the floor in pieces. Now I know what had woken me up in the first place.

"Oh hello Elissa. Come to join us?"  I felt my throat tighten immensely, as if someone had their hands around my neck, their grip tightening by the minute. He turned and face my mother the gun now pointing directly at her face.

"Norman stop! Why are you doing this? Please don't, I'm begging you." Tears streamed out of my eyes non-stop. He glanced at me. Nothing but pure hatred and anger filled his eyes, a sly smile also formed across his face. But why? What did I ever do to him to deserve this?

"Why am I doing this? Oh Elissa, if only you knew how much you've destroyed this family. It's only fair I do the same to you."

Anger boiled throughout my body. Without a moment to spare I charged up to him and pushed him. He collided with a chair cause him to stumble and lose his balance. But not a moment later he was up on his feet again. He came right at me and slammed me back, my head coming into contact with the wall behind me. An excruciating pain filled my head. Moments later he had removed his hands from me. I dusted myself off, trying to ignore the throbbing headache my head began to form.

"I've done nothing but care for you and this family. This is not me Norman. This is you. You're angry because of everything that's happened with Norma. You're just angry because you know that both you and your Mother are hiding stuff from me. This is crazy Norman....your crazy!" My mother sat there confused and petrified. He turned back at me and ran a hand through his hair. The gun in his hand was now gripped so tightly with his hands; I could see his knuckles turning white.

"Care? Ha! You've done nothing but ruin this family, from the moment you stepped your damn foot in this house. You've turned everyone in this house against me and mother. You put Mother in Jail. You've destroyed everything!" He screeched insanely.

"But you don't care; you just run to Mr big boy and think everything will be okay; 'oh look, it's me Dylan Massett, I'll be here for you Elissa, We will get through this, and I'll protect you.'" I felt like punching him for mocking Dylan.

"You will pay for this Elissa. I'll torture you just like you did when you decided to come here and ruin everything! I will never forgive you for this!" He screeched. I had jumped in fear, from his violent outburst. My eyes were glued onto the gun his hands waving around in different directions.

I mentally shook my head crazed by how psychotic he had become. He had absolutely no right to be acting in this way. Then it struck me. What if he was in one of those blackouts again? I've had never seen this in Norman, nor would I have ever expected this from someone like him. Getting angry maybe, but holding a gun threatening my mother? This...wasn't Norman. It can't have been. This must have been a black out. I tried reassuring myself that this was not Norman. He was just in one of his blackouts and that he had no idea what he was doing.

My mind was spinning and I was truly afraid. I glanced at my mother who was shaking with fear. I had to admit, finding out my mother was here, it got me angry. After all these years she decided to turn up now! Why? I've been lied to and have secrets kept from me, and I still yet to finding out what they are. But then again, watching my mother at this very moment, I was frightened that anything could happen. Norman could just pull the trigger at any given moment. Given what she done has truly hurt me, but I loved her with all my heart and I just couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

Tears were also running down her face, begging for another moment of life to spare. She looked at me as if she knew that her life would end. She gave me a sad smile, a tear falling down her cheek and mouthed 'I love you.' 

I couldn't hold it back. Tears sprawled out of my eyes.

"Norman please I'm begging you!"  he turned to me frustrated.

"Norman don't do this....please. This isn't you...L-let's just put the gun down a-and talk about this okay...we don't want anyone getting hurt."  I tried to spare as much time as I could for my mother so he wouldn't hurt her. I was terrified. Blackout or not, there was a freaking gun in his hand and he could shoot either myself or my own mother at any moment. I didn't know what to feel or say or do. I was petrified.

"Oh I think we are passed talking...even mother agrees with me."

I had to wait a couple of moments to process what happened next. An ear-splitting bang erupted the room, causing me to flinch. I hadn't seen the bullet come into contact with her, but the blood seeping out of my mother's dress seconds later, shook me to reality. My heart sank.

"NORMAN!!"

But it was too late. Norman turned to face me, his gun dropping onto the floor. He gave me one last emotionless look before bolting out of the room.

My knees gave in. Collapsing to the floor I let out a loud scream. She was gone. My mother was gone, and Norman had killed her.

I jolted upright, almost jumping out of bed. I panted heavily, beads of sweat had covered my entire body and I felt bile rising from my stomach.

"Oh my Gosh what just happened!" I almost screamed not knowing what to do or how to feel. 

"Elissa. Hey whoa calm down." I suddenly heard Dylan from beside me. I felt him grab my arm, turning me to him. Only then did I realise that all this was just a dream. He grabbed my face and wiped away my tears with his thumbs on each cheek.

Almost instantly after, he had his arms wrapped tightly around me. I began to cry on his shoulder silently as I felt him softly caressing the back of head.

"Shhh. Hey it's okay, it was just a bad dream. You're safe." Dylan's soothing voice and presence had somewhat calmed me down, but I couldn't begin to express how surreal that dream had felt.

Unfortunately this wasn't the first. Lately I had been having nightmares of all sorts. They were all pretty intense, but this...this dream was definitely something out of the ordinary. I couldn't even begin to explain the emotions I felt inside of me. It had worried me so much that the thought of it being real crossed my mind; just like the one I had with my aunt Joanne which turned out to be real. Though, I also did know that it wouldn't have been possible since Norman didn't even know my mother. Plus my mother was alive so there was no chance that it happened.

After some time of calming down, we had broken our embrace and fell back into bed. I stared at the ceiling, holding his hand while he slowly stroked it.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I heard him ask.

"Not really." I replied honestly. I felt him stare at me and sighed.

"You now I'm here for you Elissa, and if you want to talk to me about it you can. You can trust me." I met his gaze and gave me a smile. I wanted to tell Dylan, but I didn't know how and what his reaction would be. I guess I was just worried he would think I am crazy and overacting- which I probably was. I knew for a fact that he would ask me again soon, especially after tonight. I guess I would just have to see when the right moment was for me to tell him.

"I know I can." I replied giving him a small smile in return. With that he leaned onto me and pecked my lips.

"Goodnight Elissa". I turned to face away from him, and I felt him snuggle up to me, his hand around my waist holding me tight.

"Goodnight Dylan". Before I knew it he was fast asleep. As for me, I don't think I would be falling asleep anytime soon.

Read!!

----------------------

Hey guys! Long time no speak. Firstly I hope you enjoyed this chapter and i know it wasn't the best so forgive me.

So I haven't been on here for a couple of reasons. School has been crazy and since exams are going on I wasn't able to write or upload anything. As well as this i have been having a really hard time with life so i wasn't exactly motivated to do anything. An to top it all off i was on writer's block for a while which was also a bummer. so yeah!

Hopefully now I am back on track, i will be able to update more frequently, but please continue to vote, read and comment. these really motivate me to write more so i highly appreciate it.

Anyway thank you for reading again, sorry for the late update, but I am really glad to be back.

Speak soon!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.5K 246 53
What if your life was a total lie? If everything you knew suddenly crumbled and left you in a foreign land with nothing but anger and the lust for re...
58 9 7
They say what's in the past keep it in the past but I wanted to know all about my past. It was things that I didn't know and that I wanted and needed...
461 72 21
I didn't know a meeting could change all my perspective of life. It's like I'm stuck in a romance kind of movie. Everything is PERFECT. But I'm afrai...
198K 12K 114
#1 IN MURDER-MYSTERY CATEGORY! Rachel never thought her past would catch up to her. When she and her friends are invited to a new haunted house on Ha...