Heart and Home~ Edmund Pevens...

By the_metanoia

Fauns dancing around fires. Griffins soaring high. Unicorns galloping across wide fields and centaurs battlin... More

Chapter 1: New arrivals
Chapter 2: Hide and Seek
Chapter 3: Secrets of a wardrobe
Chapter 4: Siblings
Chapter 5: We told you so!
Chapter 6: Jadis... Queen of Narnia?
Chapter 7: The Beaver's house
Chapter 8: Tumnus and the witch
Chapter 9: Merry Witchmas
Chapter 10: The not-so-secret Army
Chapter 11: The Witch's Camp
Chapter 12: A Sudden Change
Chapter 13: The Cold Mother
Chapter 15: Home
Chapter 16: Death and Life. Heart and Home.
Chapter 17: On we must go...
Chapter 18: Darkest of Times
Chapter 19: Long Live the Kings and Queens
Chapter 20: Abandon
FAN ART
Cover Contest!
Winner!
Fate and Love
Chapter 1| The Message
Chapter 2| Prince Caspian
Chapter 3| Edmund
Chapter 4| Narnians
Chapter 5| Councils and Kisses
Chapter 6| Late Nights and Early Mornings
Chapter 7| A memoir of heartache
Chapter 8| Aslan's How
Chapter 9| Fire and Ice
Chapter 10| Torture
Chapter 11| Dead or Alive
Chapter 12| Negotiate
Chapter 13| King against King
Chapter 14| For King and Country
Chapter 15| The Call
Faith and Time
Chapter 1: Edmund
Chapter 2: The Tale of an Old Soul
Chapter 3: A glimpse of pain
Chapter 4: Ghost Town
Chapter 5: Do Not Go Gentle
Chapter 6: Unchained
Chapter 7: Awakening
Chapter 8: Island
Chapter 9: Voyage
Chapter 10: The Gold of Midas
Chapter 11: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 12: Liliandil
Chapter 13: Dulce est Decorrum est Pro patria mori
Chapter 14: Revelations
Epilogue

Chapter 14: Aslan...

10.9K 454 29
By the_metanoia

Amelia had always adored the rain. While it drove her mad sometimes, what with the strange lions and centaurs that always seemed to form, she admired its beauty. She loved the pitter-patter that echoed off the rooftops; she loved the cool air. Rain had always been a sign of peace for her, but now it seemed that her whole world had come raining down.

The moments after the witch had concluded her story were the longest moments of Amelia's life. The thoughts ran through her head faster than she could comprehend them;

I am the Silvanus.

My father is a Warlock.

My mother is the White Witch.

I am a Narnian.

I am not human.

My father stole me.

He abandoned my mother.

My mother is ruthless and terrifying.

I am Amelia Cromwell.

I am not human.

I am the Silvanus.

She sat down on the ice-blue sheets while running her fingers through her hair. Who am I? Everything I've ever known was a lie. Amelia yanked at her roots, wondering if the pain will jolt a sense of belonging- a sense of home in her new identity. It was all simply just too much.

It was at this moment that Amelia's visions decided to return. She saw the White Witch and her father standing side by side in the stitching of the sheets. She saw them kissing in the patterns on the walls. She saw them gazing lovingly at a child in the pictures on the vase. She saw her father, holding her in his arms, with the lining of Big Ben behind him in the threads of the carpet. They were everywhere, haunting her; reminding her of the people she could've saved with her supposed powers. All the trouble that the Narnians could've evaded if she were here...

"Ame-"

"No!" Amelia interrupted, "Do not say a word, or I might just kill you."

The witch was not surprised, "I thought that might be your reaction. We are, after all, natural enemies. It is but normal."

"Oh please, in what world is a mother and her child being natural enemies normal!" Suddenly, Amelia's past few days of anger, confusion and fear spontaneously burst into an onslaught of fire and flame. Amelia looked up from her place on the bed, a livid look on her face, "You dare to tell me that it is natural for me to hate you! All my life, the thought of my mother- a beautiful, talented and kind woman- drove me to do my best in absolutely everything! I thought of her every time I was upset and every time I was angry! She was my rock, the only constant thing I ever had! And now I come here and you tell me that you are her? You tell me that you are the woman I have been dreaming about my whole life! You? The nastiest, most evil, disgusting and rude witch in every world there is?"

Amelia couldn't take it anymore, everything just boiled to the surface; Edmund's capture, Tumnus' death, all of it. She stood up in a rage, "I hate you!" All of a sudden, a violent wind tore through the room, knocking over vases and paintings, "I hate that you're my mother!" the ground shook and cracked; strings of vines and vegetation starting growing and latching onto the witch's ankles, "I hate that you never tried to get me back to you!" Amelia wasn't sure what happened, but a surge of power suddenly flew through her and she screamed with all the power in her lungs. The room suddenly glowed green and Amelia emptied all her air. She could see her skin, glowing like the stem of a freshly planted flower.

"ENOUGH!" the voice dragged Amelia out of her trance-like scream. Amelia opened her eyes just in time to see the witch turn the vines into stone and magically silenced the wind. Amelia's glow subsided and she collapsed onto the bed, panting.

The witch snarled in anger, "You are no daughter of mine. If you were, you would've been able to tear the whole castle to pieces. You would've been able to contest my power, to prevent me from shutting you down. But alas, all you are, Amelia, is a little girl who happens to have a touch of magic; that is all the Silvanus will ever be, a weakling. I may have conceived you and carried you for months, but you are nothing to me other than my enemy. An enemy who I cannot love.'"

Her guards burst into the room, most likely to see what all the commotion was about, but the witch immediately ordered them to take Amelia to a room and lock her inside. Amelia was exhausted and made no effort to fight as the guards dragged her away.

The next day, Amelia woke to emptiness. The room was but four walls with a floor and a ceiling, nothing more. She could not understand what had happened the night before, although she had no doubt that it was all her; the winds, the vines, the shaking ground. But the witch had shut her down so fast... even with her powers, Amelia felt weak. She was still nothing compared to the witch. No wonder the witch could always drain her so easily... Amelia was nothing compared to her.

She lay on the cold stone floor as the feeling of complete and utter uselessness consumed her. She felt hollow and empty; her whole identity was nothing but a distant memory. Amelia could hear the guards before she saw them, but she didn't move. This is it, she thought, they have come to take me to her. She has finally decided to kill me. They entered and said nothing. Amelia was hoisted off the ground and forced to walk to the gates of the camp, where a sleigh awaited them.

Amelia once again found herself on the floor of the sleigh; it took all she had not to smile at the thought of Edmund who once sat next to her on this very sleigh. She suddenly felt a longing for him, and it only deepened the longer the ride became. They were not alone, an entourage of goblins and trolls and all sorts of ghastly creatures followed behind them. Amelia sighed, at least the oncoming greenery will give me some strength.

She could see the luscious green tress and fields in the distance; and she rejoiced silently upon their sighting. Green means energy, and energy means strength. She understood much more now that she knew what she actually was. The Silvanus is guardian of all natural beauty and boundaries; thus the life and greenery of plants should give her strength and power- perhaps enough power to make it through this day.

As the lush trees and fields flew by, Amelia knew she was right. Just like before- when she and Edmund were on that green hilltop, looking down at the waterfall and river that had at last been unfrozen- she was growing stronger. It was almost as if the spirits of the tress sensed her weariness and decided to replenish her. The feeling was something that she could only describe with one word... hopeful.

Amelia closed her eyes. She felt all the power stir inside her as if it was a lion that suddenly woke. The wind that blew her hair back suddenly had whispers and thoughts...

The Silvanus has returned.

My lady!

Finally, you have come home.

Amelia smiled. Wind spirits, she thought. It was most certainly a feeling she could never forget.

The sleigh suddenly drew to a stop and Amelia opened her eyes in confusion, that is until she saw the army of tents resting on the plain in front of them. It was as if the Wind Spirits suddenly returned...

Welcome to Aslan's camp.

Ello everyone!

I'm back! SO sorry i missed my update last Saturday; I HAD 5 TESTS THIS WEEK AND A PROJECT. My life was basically all work and no play this week :D but not im back!!! And I will be updating tomorrow to make up for it ;)

Sooo, the moment we have all been waiting for... who shall play Amelia????

The winner is....

BARBARA PALVIN!!! 

She is absolutely stunning and I love her as this character :) Thank you so much to everyone who voted, you guys are amazing and are the best readers I could ever ask for ;P

So I would just like to remind everyone that I would adore some fan art ;) so if you have any, please send it in! I will most definitely include it in my chapters until they are all full of art :D

And also, for all the poetry fans out there ;) I am about to publish my new poetry book called, "Mind, Body, Soul" please read the poems and ask all the questions you want; I would really appreciate it!!!

Now, on to our chapter ritual

Do you guys like Barbara Palvin as Amelia? Do you think Amelia is powerful enough to potentially defeat the witch? What do you think about their love-hate relationship? Do you think Aslan will ask the witch to give Amelia to him??

Comment Below :)

See yall tomorrow!

Toodles :D

Gabbi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.6K 32
Do you ever feel like you were born into the wrong world? Because that is exactly how Elodie Penvensie felt. Her twin brother Peter, and the rest of...
2.4K 32 15
1300 years after they are first called, the Pevensies are brought back to the land they once ruled over. A group of pirates who had journeyed throug...
3.5K 44 15
Isabel Pevensie, as the eldest of her siblings, has a responsibility to care for her brothers and sisters; especially the younger two. The five are...
175K 5.7K 29
"Oh. Milady Ashton, are you going to the ball for King Peter." The young centaur shyly asked Ashton. Ashton crouched down next to her, meeting her ey...