Don't Let Me Go (Harry Styles...

By Mississippi_1D

Scarlett Ashley Smith is your typical teenager with her best friend, Eleanor Calder. They’re first year of UN... More

1. Beginnings
2. Sexiest Man In Rome
3. I'm Always Running Into You
4. I'm Glad My Misfortunes Amuse You
5. That Was Cute
6. He left
8. Goodnight, Scar
9. May I Have This Dance?
10. Hot Damn
11. Because I Have You
12. Don't Care
13. Hopefully With You
14. You Party Birds
15. Our Secret Palace
16. Sorry
17. I'm Torn
18. Who Is This?

7. Distraction

398 13 3
By Mississippi_1D

*2 Nights Before The Wedding*

I’m lying in bed thinking. Its only 5 in the afternoon and I’ve been in this house all day. I need to get out so I change into a black skirt, a black buister with spikes and my black high heels. I curl my hair and apply simple make up before walking downstairs. (Outfit on the side sorta without the jacket :)

“Well where are you going?” Eleanor looks at me.

“Out.” I shrug my shoulders. “I saw a club a couple days ago that I want to check out.”

Eleanor sighs, “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Why not? Just because Louis came home today you think I can’t go out and have fun? All I’ve done is plan your wedding and try to forget about Harry so I’m going out.” I say simply walking towards the door. 

“Wait! At least let me be your wingman.” She says running upstairs to get dressed. When she returns she’s in skinny jeans and a loose blue shirt.

“Wow. You look sexy.”

“I’m your wingman I’m not supposed to look sexy.”

I laugh and lock my arms with hers and leave a note for Louis when he comes back from the store. We get in our car and drive the short distance to the club.

I head straight to the bar once we enter. I need a distraction. I’m not one to cry over breakups. Although the only serious one was Dylan but I had a few short ones even though Harry’s hurt worse than Dylan’s. But I do tend to drown my sorrows in a bottle of Jack.

The bartender hands me a shot. “I’m going to need a lot more of that.”

He chuckles and gives me a bigger glass filling it with Jack.

“Boy troubles?” He says with an Italian accent. I’m just glad many people here speak English.

“You have no idea.” I say bitterly downing my third glass. I’m about to ask for another when I feel a hand grab my waist. I look up to see a tall curly headed man staring down at me with green eyes.

“Hello love.” The man smirks.

“Hi.” I stutter.

“Care to dance?”

I nod slowly. Even though this man resembles Harry, he is nothing like him. This man has light brown curls and dark green eyes and has a weird aurora about him but like I said, I need a distraction.

I look over to El asking for approval and she shakes her head no. I frown and turn to the man. “Umm.. One second..?”

“Drew.” He smiles.

“Drew.” I turn to Eleanor and she pulls me back to the bar.

“No, absolutely not.”

“Why not? He’s cute.”

“He’s dangerous.”

“How do you know?”

“I just do.” She says firmly.

I huff and turn around about to tell the guy no until I spark a plan, Eleanor isn’t the boss of me. Yes, we’re best friends and we look to each other for advice and I probably would have obeyed and said no had it not been for the whiskey. I turn back getting another drink, chugging it and walking towards the guy pulling him by the arm to the dance floor. Once we reach the middle I turn around and start swaying my hips against his. He happily grabs my hips and forces them against his own for more contact. After a couple of songs I turn around so my bum is grinding against his crotch and I raise my arm and place it against his neck. I hear him growl in my ear and his lips attack my neck. Something about this feels wrong but I don’t care. Distraction. I wince at the pain from my neck as he bites down on the already sore spot. He pulls away not even kissing the spot lightly like most guys would.

“Want to get out of here?”

I shake my head. “No, I have my friend.” I slur feeling the effect of alcohol.

“Forget her.” He grabs my hips pulling me to the door.

“I said no!” I turn around and slap him across the cheek and walk back to Eleanor.

She raises an eyebrow as if she’s saying ‘I told you so’ I shake my head and get another drink.

“Nice love bite you got there.” She snickers.

“There was nothing loving about it.” I frown and sit down on the stool next to her.

“I’m sorry.” El says grabbing my hand.

“It’s not your fault, you warned me.” I tell her and she nods.

“Come on lets go.” She suggests and I agree. Luckily Eleanor didn’t drink so she can drive safely.

Once we arrive at the house she helps me out of the car and up the stairs to the house.

“What the hell, Scar?” Louis asks once we come through the door. He moves my hair to the side and sees the love bite.

“Don’t even ask.” I frown.

“What was his name?” He demands.

“He.. uhh.. I don’t remember.” I frown not recalling his name. “He was a dick so I slapped him.”

“Same old Scar.” He chuckles.

“Always will be.” I smirk.

Eleanor helps me up to my room changing me into my spandex sleeping shorts and a loose tank top. I crawl into bed and pass out.

I awake a couple hours later to banging on my door to my balcony. Well it was probably a light tapping but whatever.

“What the fuck?”

I grumpily get out of my warm bed and walk to the balcony door opening it. Probably a bad idea because it could’ve been someone trying to kill me or break into the house; I should’ve looked before opening the door. I squint my eyes in the darkness and that’s when I see him.

“Harry?” I gasp.

“Hey.” He says simply.

“Hey? Hey.” I slap him on the chest. “I haven’t seen or heard from you in over a month and you show up saying hey?!” I begin to get angry.

“I’m sorry, Scarlett.”

“Sorry isn’t going to cut it.” I yell walking back in the room turning on my bedside lamp. I sit on the edge of my bed crossing my arms when he walks in shutting the door and coming to sit beside me.

“I can explain.” He tells me reaching out to grab my hand which I tuck further into my body turning to face him cross legged.

“Well then start.”

“I had a family emergency and I had to leave immedi- What the hell is that?!” He brushes my hair off my shoulder glaring at the mark on my neck.

“None of your business now continue.”

“It is too my damn business!”

“No it isn’t Harry! You left remember!”

“Not for another person!”

“Well how would I know?! I didn’t hear from you! You could’ve been dead or could’ve been fucking every girl in Italy for all I knew.”

“I would never do that to you! Don’t you know that?” He voice quiets as opposed to our screaming a few seconds before.

“No, Harry, I don’t know that.” I say sternly.

He opens his mouth to say something but closes it quickly looking down. “I’m sorry.”

“You’ve said that.” I snap at him.

“Do you like him?” He asks quietly.

“Like who?” I ask confused.

“The guy.” He says plainly.

“What guy?”

“The guy who gave you that come on Scar don’t play dumb.”

“Don’t call me Scar, that name is reserved only for people I love and care about.” I snap at him. When his face falls I immediately regret it. “There is no guy, Harry.” I tell him.

“Then how?”

“I went out tonight hoping for a distraction and instead I got a guy who was handsy and only wanted in my pants so I left.”

He seems slightly relieved and drops his head. “I’m sorry I didn’t call or text. It’s just I know what it’s like to leave everything behind and I didn’t want to do it again.”

“But it was a family emergency you said.” I furrow my eyebrows confused.

“Business related.” He frowns and I remember him on the balcony saying he didn’t want to lose someone due to something he did. My heart softens and I lift his chin with my finger.

“Is everything alright?” I ask him.

“No.” He whispers and I can see tears beginning to form. I pull him into a protective hug and he wraps his arms around my waist clinging to me. I run my hand through his curls remembering the first time I did this and he actually purred like a kitten. This time he did not though but I feel his shoulders loosen at my touch calming him. We stay like this for a couple more minutes in silence before he speaks up again. “My dad was.. shot.”

I gasp tightening my hold around his neck. “Harry, I’m so sorry.”

“He’s not doing well; he’s still in the hospital.”

“Then there’s hope.” I tell him hoping to cheer him but fail.

“It’s not looking good. He has to have a heart transplant and soon or he won’t live. The bullet severed his main artery.”

I don’t even know what to say so I hold him forgiving him on the spot and feeling guilty for going out tonight.

“I’m sorry I didn’t call.” He whispers once he’s composed himself.

I nod, I wish he would have called to let me know but it’s in the past.

“Come on.” I grab his hand pulling it close to me and scooting to the side so he can lie on the bed. I lay on the other side not touching him. “You can sleep here so you won’t have to be alone.”

He nods turning to face me. I take in his features like I did when we were on the couch except now Harry’s face is thinner with his cheekbones sticking out and his eyes are dull. I reach out caressing his cheek hoping to send some comfort to him. He smiles slightly grabbing my hand holding it there a little bit before I pull away. I don’t want to get close again to him because what if he leaves again?

We lay there looking at each other before I doze off to sleep. When I awake in the morning I see Harry still sleeping. I half expected him to leave like on my birthday but here he is. I lean up and shake his shoulder lightly stirring him from his sleep.

“Morning.” He groans.

I laugh at his deep morning voice. “Good morning.”

“What do you have to do today?” He asks me.

“Last minute wedding stuff.” I scrunch my nose at the thought. “And a wedding rehearsal tonight.” I say a little more happily since there will be food.

“Who’s your date to the wedding?” He asks me.

My eyes narrow at him and I look to my hands in my lap. I wanted to say him but I didn’t know where we stood or if I even wanted him to be my date. Last night was confusing as heck but some part of me wanted to be there for him. “I was hoping you would be.” I say still looking at my hands.

Harry raises his hand grabbing my chin gently and turning my head to him. “I would be honored.”

I cannot help the smile that’s spread on my face. He leans in to kiss me but I pull away getting out of bed.

“I’m going to shower I still smell like whiskey and I feel dirty so make yourself at home. I’m sure Louis and Eleanor are up if you want to go downstairs.” I turn and head to my bathroom shutting the door and sliding to the ground. I wanted so badly to kiss him. To feel his plump lips against mine but I couldn’t. He left.  I sigh and get off the ground and washing myself gently massaging my shoulders under the warm water that always seemed to help me relax. I get out of the shower and realize that I didn’t bring clothes in here. Hoping Harry walked downstairs I open the door to find him sitting still on my bed.

“Scarlett I’m sorry. I shouldn’t hav-“ He looks up stopping because I’m only in a towel that barely reaches below my bum.

“I, uh, left clothes.” I look down and walk to my closet stepping in to avoid his gaze and I didn’t want him to see my rosy cheeks. I quickly put on underwear and a floral dress and step back into my room.

“Sorry.” I whisper.

“Come here.” Harry holds his hand out and I walk to him. Once I stand in front of him he grabs both of my hands holding them in his playing with them. He brings my left hand up to his mouth giving it a kiss and I smile missing the feeling.

“Let’s go downstairs.” I tell him pulling him up. We walk downstairs hand in hand to meet Louis at the end of the staircase pacing.

“Hey Scar, about last night I think we should, woah hey there Harry.” He says not taking a breath. I laugh at him and squeeze Harry’s hand. The boys share a look and Louis smiles widely.

“Eleanor is upset in the kitchen.” Louis tells me and I quickly drop Harry’s hand and run to the kitchen seeing Eleanor with her elbows propped on the counter and holding her head in her hands.

“Eleanor? What’s wrong, love?” I grab her shoulder turning her and giving her a hug.

“My parents can’t make it. They said they didn’t approve of me getting married at a young age. My dad isn’t going to walk me down the aisle.”

“Oh darling.” I hug her tighter. “My parents are coming and my dad would be honored to give you away. You were always a second daughter to him.”

She nods in my neck and pulls away. “I just expected them to come.”

“I know, sweetheart. They’re going to regret not coming to your wedding later in life but you have us.”

She nods and I wipe her tears.

“Now dry your tears because we have last minute floral arrangements and we have to check the venue to make sure it’s all set up and we have a rehearsal dinner.” I smile at her and she smiles back.

“I’m getting married.” She giggles and I embrace her in a hug.

“Yes you are.”

We walk back where the boys are and I hear Eleanor gasp and turn to me once she spots Harry.

I smile a little and she smiles back squeezing my hand and running to Louis.

“Miracle worker, Scar.” Louis beams to me.

I awkwardly walk over to stand by Harry. I still don’t know where we stand. I want things to go back to the way they were before but I don’t know if I’m ready for that. Right now I’ll just be his friend and stick by him when he needs me. He has a lot to make up for.

*Louis’ POV*

Once the girls leave I turn to Harry.

“Did you tell her?”

He shakes his head and I let out a breath of relief. “Good. How’d she take you back then, Scar isn’t one to forgive easily.”

“She hasn’t.” He says sadly looking down.

“She’ll come around just don’t tell her anything.”

“How? How will I explain how Dad got shot?”

“Say it was a drive by shooting, which it was just leave out the details.”

“I can’t. I can’t lie to her.”

“You have to.” I say beginning the get angry. How many times do I have to have this conversation with him? “If they know she knows they’ll kill her just like they’re trying to kill Eleanor. That’s why we’re getting married because we don’t know how long each of us has. Do you want that? Living in fear? Your Dad found out that’s why he’s in the hospital, Harry.”

“I didn’t sign up for this.” He yells back at me.

“I didn’t either.” My voice drops. We stay in silence before I speak up. “You want to be my groomsmen?”

His face lights up “Yeah, I’d like that.”

“Alright. We have business to take care of. The gang is coming to the wedding.”

Harry face drops eye growing wide.

“I know. I don’t like it either.” 

A/N

HARRY'S BACK YAY! And on the same day Louis is back...

I gave you a little insight at what the secret is but not much! Gotta keep you on your toes!

Hope you enjoy it! Comment, vote you know the drill.

Cage The Princess update should be up later today or tomorrow I'm editing it now. 

Much love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1.5K 32
You are now attending a university with some of your close mates when one day your long-term ex, Louis Tomlinson, shows up with his new girlfriend El...
19.6K 176 25
Arabella Cabrera and Louis Tomlinson have been best friends since that day when they were ten years old. They made a pact that day, and for eight yea...
9.3K 162 40
A 14 year old girl with a troublesome past goes to live with her Sister and her boyfriend. There is a slight catch to this somewhat normal story. Tha...
3.7K 97 26
*NOT EDITED* Harry Styles from boy band, One Direction, know as a player to most people, but to some a cheeky curly boy. Rosa Smith, smart, funny, cr...