The New Family Member (Bat fa...

By DC_Writer_E

Emily is just a normal girl who moved to Gotham City two days ago. She meets Nightwing and Robin and then dis... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Tag
Authors Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Another Tag
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
A REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE
Extra chapter
Chapter 55
UPDATE
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
I WILL UPDATE
THE NEW FINCH SUIT + UPDATE
Emily's Birthday Party

Chapter 2

14.5K 336 303
By DC_Writer_E

{Emily's POV}

Today is the day. They are going to tell their secret to me and it has to be a big one since they always tell me their secrets. I woke up and went to the kitchen to make some cereal, I still hadn't forgotten about my experience with Nightwing and Robin. They seem really nice. My dad joined me for breakfast.

"Good Morning sunshine, we have good news." He said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"My old friend Bruce invited us over to his house and to his charity ball!" He answered.

"Are you serious! I can't wait." I said very happy.

"'So when are we going to visit him?" I asked.

"Today at 4 o'clock. And they are going to pick us up" He said. I was going to meet Nightwing and Robin at 10 o'clock so that wasn't a problem at all.

"Good!" I said back

"I'll be gone until 3 and after that I'll go pick you up with the ride." He said before leaving for work. Since it's vacation and I haven't had anything to do I thought that I could do some research on those two. I sat behind my laptop and started writing Robin first. Millions of pictures showed up of him swinging from building to building. I clicked on one of the pictures and I came on the Gotham City News site. 'Robin does it again!' was the topic, I continued reading and came on the conclusion that he's pretty badass. Next was Nightwing. I typed his name and found a lot more pictures than I did with the Robin. I red some articles and looked at a lot of pictures and came to the conclusion that Nightwing was the first Robin. I also found some funny pictures of him with his first Nightwing suit. I laughed so much.

"Hey I had some wardrobe malfunctions back then okay!" I heard behind me. I turned around and saw Nightwing sitting at my window frame.

"I thought we were going to meet up at 10?" I said smirking.

"Yeah, but I got bored and since you're behind that computer for almost 4 hours I thought I'd come and visit you." He said also smirking. I looked at him wide eyed.

"4 hours!?" I said looking at the clock, it was almost half past 3.

"Oh now, I need to get ready!" I said looking worried at Nightwing.

"Why are you seeing someone?" He said smirking again!

"No, I'm going to meet Bruce Wayne in his mansion." I said running to my closet and looking for something decent to wear.

"Here let me help you." He said walking over to my closet. He took out a black top with lace at the arms and light blue jeans with my white converse underneath it. I went to the bathroom and put it on with my hair in a ponytail. When I came back Nightwing whistled at me.

"Looking good." He said.

"Back of hero. I'm 15 and you're like 20 or something?" I said after I chuckled.

"22 to be exact. But I'm glad I look younger than I am." He said happy. I looked at the time 5 minutes to 4.

"Thanks for helping me. I wouldn't even be done choosing what to wear by 5 o'clock!" I said relieved.

"No problem princess!" He said and he jumped out of my window.

"Try to use a door next time." I said.

"I heard that!" He yelled. I chuckled and went downstairs and got in the limo. It was a black shiny one.

"Guess he likes to keep it classy." I said to my father.

"That's Bruce." He said. We arrived at a big creme coloured mansion and I started to get nervous.

"What if he doesn't like me dad?" I asked. He put his hand on my shoulder.

"I have known him since we were children and believe me he's going to adore you!" He said trying to calm me down and it worked. We walked out of the car and the door of the big mansion was opened by and old looking man. My father gladly shook hands with him.

"Alfred Pennyworth." He said shaking my hand with a smile.

"Glad to meet you Mr. Pennyworth. I'm Emliy Anderson." I said back.

"Please call me Alfred. My father was Mr. Pennyworth." He said with a friendly voice.

"Then please call me Emily." I chuckled. We went inside and I was immediately greeted by Bruce, but the weird part was that he was wearing normal clothes wich I wasn't used to seeing on him.

"Nice meeting you Emily I'm Bruce Wayne, but you can call me Bruce if you would like." He said shaking my hand.

"Likewise." I said back smiling. Bruce led us to his huge living room and we sat down, they were telling stories of when my dad and Bruce were children. I admit it there are some really funny ones in there. Soon they started talking about business and I started to get really bored so I went to the kitchen to see what Alfred was doing. He dropped something on the floor and he was trying to pick it up.

"Here let me help." I said picking the object for him up and giving it to him.

"Thank you my dear." He said. I sat down on one of the chairs.

"Why don't you go join your father and Master Bruce's conversations?" He asked me.

"Well they are talking about business and I started to get really bored, so I thought I'd give you a visit." I said.

"Well thank you dear, would you like to help me then?" He aksed.

"Of course!" I said jumping off the chair and standing next to him on the counter.

"What can I help you with? " I said.

"Well I was going to make some cupcakes." He answered.

"Okay let's make some!" I said. He took out some ingredients and I mixed them all up together. I tried a little and I couldn't taste the sweetness at all, it was all bitter and salty.

"Maybe more sugar?" I said. He nodded and we put 1 more cup of sugar and it tasted amazing! Alfred got out the cupcake tray and I put the paper liners in the tray. He put 2 scoops of cupcake batter in each section. I suggested we put chocolate in the middle and so he did. After we baked them they looked amazing! I asked if I could pick some flowers to decorate with them. He said that it was a great idea and so I went into the garden to pick some colourful flowers and when I finally had enough I heard a voice behind me.

"Who are you and what are you doing here!" I heard the voice. I turned around to see a kid, at first he looked angry but when I turned around he looked relieved.

"I'm sorry Miss Anderson." He said smiling.

"How do you know my name?" I looked at him questionably.

"We heard you introduce yourself at the door." I heard a boy at my age say walking over to me and the kid with a much taller boy next to him.

"Nice meeting ya, I'm Tim and this is Damian and Dick." He said pointing to the taller boy next to him and the kid right to him before handing out his hand. I gladly shook it.

"Nice meeting you too, but please call me Emily." I said with a smile.

"So she have wished it so shall it be." Dick said. I just chuckled.

"Emily are you ready to decorate the cupcakes?" I heard Alfred yell.

"I am!" I said and I walked back with the boys to the kitchen.

"Ah I see you have already met the boys." He said. I nodded and went on decorating the cupcakes. We first put a little bit of whipped cream on top and I put the  flowers on the cupcakes. I was about to go back when suddenly I was stopped by the boy my age.

"Please don't tell Bruce you met us." He said winking.

"Why? He isn't going to kill you or something?" I said laughing.

"Well, he actually wanted to introduce us to you personally." Damian said.

"Okay I'll do my best." I said winking at the kid. He's just so cute! I walked back and sat down on the couch. Alfred came back with the cupcakes and Bruce complimented him on the decoration. Alfred chuckled a little bit and Bruce was the first one to taste one. He took the flower off and took a bite out of it. He look amazed.

"Alfred these are amazing!" He said wide eyed.

"I'm glad you like it, but I can't take all the credits. Emily made them with me. It was all her idea." He said with proud. I blushed a little.

"They are amazing Emily thank you." He said.

"No problem!" I said blushing harder.

"Why so red?" I heard Dick say laughing.

"And you are?" I said raising an eyebrow. Bruce stood up and introduced Dick to me.

"Nice meeting you Dick." I said with a smile. Bruce then called Tim and Damian and they both went to the living room. He introduced them to me and I shook Tim's hand and hugged Damian, I just couldn't resist it. He blushed a little which was enough to make me smile.

"So Emily has your dad told you the news yet?" Bruce asked.

"About the ball? Yes, thanks for inviting us again." I said.

"Did he also tell you about your date?" He said. I turned to my dad making a surprised face. He chuckled a little.

"No, I was planning on telling her tomorrow." He said.

"Well, I'll tell her. Your date for tonight is standing right in this room." He said chuckling a little bit.

"You mean Tim?" I said pointing at Tim.

"Correct." He said. Tim was tomato red.

"Nice going bro." Dick said hitting Tim on the shoulder. Bruce on the other hand looked at Dick with a threatening face.

"Okay, Okay, I'm sorry Emily." He said.

"It's okay Dick." I said holding in my laugh. We then all sat down and listened to the stories of Bruce and my dad. Dick was on his phone, Tim was listening and Damian was trying to braid my hair. I sat on the ground with my back against the couch which Damian was sitting on.

"You have beautiful hair." He said. I laughed.

"Thank you Damian." I said planting a little kiss on his cheek. Damian was done trying to braid my hair and I looked at the time, 9 o'clock. I sat up and everyone looked at me.

"I'm sorry I need to do something." I said.

"Can't it wait?" My dad said.

"No, I'm sorry." I said. My dad faced Bruce and he nodded.

"Dick can you bring Emily home?" He asked him.

"Of course I can." He stood up and helped me get up.

"I would like to company these two." Damian said.

"Okay, grab your jacket and let's go." Dick said.

"Wait Emily I saw this at the front of my door in the morning, I thought that it might be yours." Bruce said handing out my sketchpad.

"Thank you so much Bruce." I said hugging him.

"No problem." He said hugging me back. I said my goodbyes to everyone and thanked Alfred for the fun baking experience. He hugged me and I hugged back.

"Don't forget that you're always welcome!" Bruce said with a smile. Dick, Damian and I walked to the garage and I saw multiple expensive cars but caught my eye on a black matt one.

"Hmm let's go with the black matt one." Dick said looking at me. I just rolled my eyes. On the way back we talked a lot and when they dropped me of in front of my apartment they raced away. I looked at my watch and saw that I had still a half hour left before meeting Nightwing and Robin. I went upstairs ate some food and took out my sketch pad. I opened it and saw something at the bottom right of my batman logo drawing.

'Thank you for making this drawing.

Batman'

I then looked at the signature and almost yelled from excitement. I looked at my clock 10 o'clock. I went up the fire staircase onto the roof and looked into the city.

"Nice seeing you again." I hear behind me. I turned around and saw Nightwing and Robin walking towards me. I ran at Nightwing and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you so much for Batman signing my drawing!" I said hugging him more tightly.

"It's okay." He said gasping for air. I let go of him.

"Sorry, got a bit too excited." I said shyly.

"Don't worry about it." He said. I hugged Robin too.

"Nice seeing you again." I said, he hugged me back.

"So how was it?" Nightwing asked.

"They are just the nicest people in the world!" I said and Nightwing chuckled.

"I bet they are." He said looking at Robin.

"Bruce Wayne has 3 sons and the nicest butler in the world!" I added.

"Oh yeah what are their names and what do you think of them?" Robin asked.

"The oldest one is Dick, he's 20 years old and is a police officer in Blüdhaven. He seems a bit of a player. The second one is Tim, he's my date for tonight and the last one is Damian. He's the cutest 10 year old I have ever seen!" I answered.

"I'm glad you like them, but one thing. Dick is 22 years old." Nightwing said.

"How do you know?" I said smirking.

"Well he's a good friend of mine." He said scratching the back of his head.

"I'm also glad you like them." I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around and saw another kid my age walking towards me. I was about to scream and Nightwing was about to cover my mouth again when I stopped his hand and calmed myself down.

"Glad you learned not to scream when you see a crimefighter." Nightwing said laughing.

"How many of you are there?!" I said looking at Robin.

"Do you want the truth or a lie." He said.

"Nevermind." I said.

"And you are?" I asked the boy who looks like my age.

"Guess." He said. I took a good look at him he was almost completely red and had an 'R' symbol on it like Robin did. I looked at Robin to make sure it was the same. He blushed a bit and I gave him a smile. I turned around and heard Robin letting out a little grunt. I turned around again and saw he was holding his upper left arm. I looked at Nightwing and he held his hands in the air and surrendered. I turned around and was ready to guess.

"Uuhm....red...robin?" I said.

"Correcto mondo" He said.

"So you said that you had a date for tomorrow?" He said and winked.

"Yeah but I'd like to keep it just a date. No kissing or anything else." I said.

"Don't worry we can help if you want to." Robin said.

"You will?" I asked him.

"Of course you may not recognise us, but we'll be there." Nightwing said. He then looked at Robin and they both look over at Red Robin.

"I'm sure he wouldn't do that." Robin said. Red Robin nodded.

"Of course not!" He said smirking and putting an arm over my shoulders.

"Emily?" I hear coming from my window.

"I need to go I'll see you all at the ball I guess!" I said with a smile.

"See ya!" Nightwing said and then left together with Robin and Red Robin. I went downstairs and pretended I was asleep. My dad came in and kissed my forehead.

"Soon you'll know everything." He said closing the door behind me. I guess not today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

623K 19K 37
Penny Parker lives in an abusive foster home in Gotham city. One day after the Justice League have a huge fight in the city they discover that they d...
16.9K 391 18
Moving from a rural town to Gotham would definitely be a challenge. No family, no friends. Olivia Devlin, a 16 year old girl with nothing but a lugga...
3.1K 17 26
My name is Alexandra Martha Crest Wayne. I hate how long my name is. I prefer to be called just Alex. For some my last name may seem familiar. Well t...
4.8K 137 17
Barbara Gordon was a normal forensic psychologist working with her father, Commissioner Gordon, to clean up the streets of Gotham. That is until her...