Close Enough

By thanduxolo00

He saved her life, He wants some thing in return or may I say some things. Tasha is your average teenage girl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Authors note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors note
Chapter 20 (part I)
Chapter 21 (part II)
Chapter 22 (part III)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Final Chapter
Authors Final Note

Chapter 10

119 10 3
By thanduxolo00

After a few minutes of Alex trying to find out why I'm different today.He said it must be my make-up, hair,clothes,etc and I simply ignored him.

"You did this for me!?",He held out his hands for a HUG?.

"Cut it out,for a person who has flirted around with dozens and dozens of girls you seem to be good at it!",I rolled my eyes obviously being sarcastic.

"You're right,so quit complimenting me and let's catch a bus!",he sighed as we walked to the bus stop.

"Watch out for cars!",he joked.

"Freak!",I crossed the road.

It takes hours for the bus to come by but thankfully it arrived shortly after a few minutes.

"So what's with the list thing?",I asked as we sat in the in the bus.

"Things you should bring today?", he said more as a question.

"Yeah I got that,what I meant was, why did you request these things!",I sighed and looked out the window.

"A blanket for when you get 'chilly',I'm not willing to give up my jacket for your smelly pits...", I had to cut him off.

"Excuse me!,you seem to confuse me with all the skunks you refer to as 'chicks' and dude seriously I don't have sweaty armpits!",I yelled biting my lip.

"I didn't say they were sweaty,they smell. So basically  breakfast and lunch for when you get hungry.

Money for when you buy me breakfast and lunch and lastly to bring yourself and not a friend.It's that obvious!", he fiddled with his phone.

"I hate you!",I whispered wishing I was home and watching the Cold Case marathon rather than listening to this jerk.

"Okay",he whispered back and pulled the stringy thing indicating for the bus driver to pull up.

Why doesn't he buy his own food because it's not like he's broke or what.He's just being an ass.

"Here we are!",he exclaimed as I took in the view.

"Subway?",I said more as a question.

"Yes ma'am!",he smirked.

As we went down the station.

"This is my hang out!",he exclaimed.

"Alrighty.Tasha this is Charlie, Charlie meet Tasha!",He introduced me to a friendly face.

"She's a musician and its quite clear because she holding  a guitar and she's my friend!",he sighed as I smiled at her.

"Nice to meet you!",I was polite.

"I've heard a lot about you!",she surprisingly hugged me.

"Oh really?",I smiled and glanced at Alex.

"Yeah,you're that girl Alex saved, twice!",she laughed.

"Yep its me!",I said awkwardly.

"So you guys are dating or what?",

making things more awkward.

She reminded me of Q,always straight to the point.

"Oh no no no no no no no no no!",

We both yelled looking at each other and then shaking our heads in disagreement.

"Hey just asking,Alex buddy she's a keeper!",she nudged Alex playfully and for the first time in  like forever I blushed.

Blushed blushed,blushed and the more I thought about it the more it grew and I found myself coughing.

"Can you believe her?",Alex turned to me.

"So you sing?",I changed the subject.

"Yep and I learn from the best!", she nudged Alex.

"Wait a minute,Alex sings?", I was surprised.

"Sure does!",she exhaled.She has a sense of humour and I'm starting to question her befriending Alex and well dressed for a typical subway performer.

"Please sing for me,I don't believe it!",I exclaimed.

"Pop your eyes back in,take a seat and let us pop them right out again",Alex sighed as Charlie gave him the guitar.

=♡=

"Best experience ever!,you guys blend in perfectly and my jaw just dropped below 0!",I slow clapped.

"Thank you!",Charlie exclaimed and again hugged me.She made me feel comfortable.

"Excuse me I'm a hugger!",she apologised.

"No problem,Wow.You can sing?", I turned to Alex who was fiddling with his phone again.

"What!?, don't I fit the description?!",he smirked.

"What description?!",Charlie laughed.

"You know,the hot,handsome,fine looking,great vocalist guy who is a singer-songwriter!",he complimented himself and it was quite amusing.

"Atleast now I know!",we laughed.

"Yeah keep saying that to yourself, and you'll make it in life!",I laughed.

"Okay okay,let's get down to businesses baby,makin money!", Alex exclaimed and I found myself smiling.He is really a good singer.

"T,can I call you T?",Charlie asked.

"Of course!",I smiled.

"Well T,relax and listen to the future stars!",she said cheerfully.

"You guys are already stars!",I yelled as they started to sing, giving me goosebumps.

=♡=

After a few hours of them singing and me cheering and putting some cash on the guitar case,I was tired.Not of their voices but sitting down.

It was around noon,so it wasn't  that busy.

"You don't have to do that!",

Charlie sighed gesturing to me as I threw a couple of bucks in the case.

"I must,you guys are terrific.I might just consider music as a hobby for me and my family!",I exhaled.

"That's why I brought her today!",Alex smirked.

"Must you always be like that!", Charlie nudged him.

"What,be like what?!",He exclaimed.

"Annoying!",we both yelled and erupted with laughter.

"I'm kinda regretting it already, you guys are ganging up on me!", he whined.

"Hey,those sandwiches I told you to bring!",he started.

"Give me!",he sighed and I was confused.Was he going to eat my sandwiches and leave me to die from starvation.It does suit him though.

He took them and did the unexpected.

Alex Hoffman gave  sandwiches to a kid who was hanging nearby.

By the look and greeting of them, they knew each other.

Unbelievable but generous.

"He's cute isn't he!",Charlie  whispered and I didn't notice how she stood next to me.

"Maybe!",I blurted out without even thinking.

"Great response!",she nudged me as we looked at the subject of our little conversation.Alex, he was still talking to that boy.

They connected in some sort of way.I guess according to their relationship,nothing mattered, looks,brands,trends and gadgets were put aside and brotherhood took place.

"What does that mean?!",I returned to Charlie.

"Well usually girls ask,'Who', or 'No way' and its so weird".

"Good for them!",I sighed as I glanced at the time 11:26.

"Good for who?",Alex wondered.

"You guys should go,its late and by the way it's quiet!",She shrugged Alex's question.

"If you say so!",Alex hugged her and turned to me.

"Hungry?".

"I thought you would never ask!", I sighed in relief.

"Charlie,it was marvellous meeting you!",I hugged her tight as she whispered.

"He is cute isn't he?",she said as  I pulled away laughing.

"Who?",I joked as I turned to see Alex way ahead of me and I ran up to him but not after waving her goodbye for the last time.

"You guys seem close",I finally started a conversation as we pulled up at McDonald's.

"Yeah we grew up together",he was once again on his phone.

"Nice!",I exhaled as we walked in and there were a few people.

"So what were you guys talking about?",he asked as the waitress took our orders.

It must worry him a lot which makes me happy.

"I'll have a veggie burger,thank you!",I sighed as Alex rolled his eyes and ordered plenty of dishes all with extra cheese and chips.

"Nothing!",I lied.

"Really?",he smirked.

"Yep!",I popped the 'p'.

"I just hope it wasn't about me!", he blurted.

"Why you?",I rolled my eyes.

"You're still doing that?",he smirked.

"Doing what?",I asked.

"Rolling your eyes wrongfully!",he exhaled.

"Give me a break,I'm new at this stuff",I crossed my arms.

As the waitress gave us our lunch.

"Who was that boy you talked to earlier?",I asked breaking the silence.

"Oh so now you're asking me after you refused to tell me what you guys were chattering about!",he smirked.

"Why bother?",I sighed looking at him.

"His name is Brandon",he ignored my question.

"A friend of yours?",I asked.

"I'll tell you when I consider you as my girlfriend,don't worry its gonna be soon!",he smirked.

He's really testing my patience and making things awkward.

And I must admit,I smiled inside.

Glad to know a guy out of your league can be interested in you.

Maybe he'll tell me when he's ready.

"We're not even friends",I mumbled feeling a little harsh.

"Oh come on,I thought we were over that already!",he whined.

"Keep saying that to your self!",I  faked a smile.

"Can I ask you something?",he requested.

"Shoot!",I wiped my mouth.

"What are going to do?,I mean career wise",he was serious.

"I'm thinking of studying autopsy and becoming a medical examiner,why?",I was intrigued by his question.Never thought of him as the type that thinks about life out of high school.

"You mean dissecting dead people?",he was shocked.

"Pretty much!",I laughed.

"Cool!",he wondered.

"What are you interested in!?",I asked.

"I'm just going to hit college and see from there!",he shrugged.I spoke too soon.

"Come on dude!,there must be something you're thinking of!",I took one of his plate full of fries and melted cheese.

"It's either getting a scholar ship in becoming a professional footballer or going to arts school and taking music!",he was confused.

"That's great,what are the chances?",I sighed.

"I might not get a scholar ship because I don't meet the minimum requirements for maths and Charlie wants to do medicine and not music as a career!",he seemed stressed out.

"Well guess what?",I smiled as a huge light bulb lit above my head.

"What?",he smirked."And hey give me my cheese fries back!",he tried to grab the plate and failed as I pulled it towards me.

"Stop whining and hear me out!.

So it happens that you have befriended a mathematician and she would like to help you!",I took a mouth full of fries.

"You mean a nerd and you finally  agree that we're friends?",he grinned.

"Shut up!",I copied Rigby's voice in Regular Show.

"I can't take the offer!",he finally grabbed the plate.

"It's an order!,or let me put it in this way.It's a wish granted",I sighed wiping my mouth,I've never been this full.

"Ginnies can't grant wishes without my consult!",he chuckled.

"I'm not your ginnie!",I sighed in frustration.

"I'm the one who saved your little precious life which technically makes you my ginnie!",he gloated. "And I'm trying to help you!",I exclaimed.

"Hey,its okay you don't need to come up with ideas in order to be around me most of the time!",he smirked.

"That's it I'm living and this time you're paying!",I stood up feeling irritated.

"Wait!",his cold hand had a grip on my arm sending shivers all over my body as I stood dead.

"Give me your purse so that I can pay!",he whispered.

I couldn't believe this.

I rushed outside and turned to see him paying the bill.I guess for once in his life.

He walked towards his car where I stood and it was getting dark and windy.

I took my phone out to see what time it is and it was 17:49pm.

Mom is going to kill me.

"Why did you do that for?",he sighed getting in the passengers side.Guess its my time to drive the sports car,I thought as I rubbed my hands with a grin of my face.

"Do what?",I played dumb as I turned on the heater.

"Don't play dumb with me young lady,I never pay when I'm out with a girl it's guy code!",he exclaimed and for once in my life Alex Hoffman made me laugh like really laugh.

"What's so funny about that?",he crossed his arms and looked out the window and made it worse.

"Dude really?!,you don't pay at all?",I slowly drove off.

"Yes!",he exclaimed.

"No wonder you like this!",I smacked his hand as he tried to turn off the heater.

"Like what and AWWW!", he whined.

"Never mind,home?",I asked hoping he could say yes and besides it wouldn't matter I'm the one driving here.

"No way.I would take you to my favourite spot where it is beautiful and quiet and we would kiss for the first time right?",he imagined the whole thing while closing his eyes.

"No way,I'm going home and I'm done with your stupid ass!",I Tasha McCarthy for the second time today blushed,blushed blushed blushed blushed blushed blushed. If I was pale my chicks would have turned a darker shade of pink and rosey as they can.

I managed to reply back because,

I don't know it just happened.

Why would he say that?.

Jerk!

He's messing with the wrong girl and I would never kiss him in a million years.

"Aren't you imagining the kiss  because I so am?!",he whispered closing his eyes.

"This ain't the movies lover boy, I'm gonna kick your sorry ass and you would wish you never saved my life!",I threatened him.

"You're right!,so it happens a lover boy like me doesn't have a favourite scenery spot as I mentioned.But a nerd like you surely has one right?!", he sighed.

Oh boy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163 12 12
Archer Adams is a bad boy and rumor has it that he is a part of a gang. Archer has a troubled past and is unable to let anyone in even his mom. Meet...
469K 12.7K 34
(Under Major Editing) Camila Diaz is a nerd. No need denying it. Everyone knows, Camila knows, her friends know, her school knows, hell even her mom...
177K 5.3K 43
Emma Grey is a good girl. She keeps her nose in the books, she never parties, she never does anything wrong. She's stubborn, but she's also smart. A...
1.7M 59.3K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...